You guys think I can get an 08 corvette working 5 days a week (8 hours a day) and getting paid 13 the hour...

You guys think I can get an 08 corvette working 5 days a week (8 hours a day) and getting paid 13 the hour? Should I consider getting a 2nd job?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=456171690&zip=44120&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=44120&showcaseOwnerId=68325285&startYear=2005&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2013&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=100&startYear=2005&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2013&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=100&makeCode1=CHEV&modelCode1=CORV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just drop a fire mixtape and get a record deal

>corvette
>13 an hour
What the fuck are you on OP? Because it must be some good shit.

You're right, I shall do that

I've seen them pretty cheap out here in California some for 13k my friends roush was 12k and I make more than him so I don't think it would be too hard, plus I don't really pay for much at home

you can buy a nice C4 for like

IYHTAYCAI

Test

Just get a c5

if you like paying a fuckton on gas and needing a second dd
guy i work with is in the same boat, got a c6 for $15k with ~140k miles

How about getting a bettet paying job/career so you can actually buy and afford nice shit without be a wage cuck.

lol that's just this contract I'm on rn I work for the city there's other tht pay up to 25 the hour but I'm stuck with this shitty one

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=456171690&zip=44120&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=44120&showcaseOwnerId=68325285&startYear=2005&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2013&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=100&startYear=2005&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2013&modelCodeList=CORV&makeCodeList=CHEV&searchRadius=100&makeCode1=CHEV&modelCode1=CORV
this is around $600 per month insurance will likely be around 250$ per month

13$ per hour come out to around $450 a week after taxes
so monthly you would make around 1700-1800 which is more than enough to afford a corvette, you could probably even afford to get a sub 3k honda civic to use as your daily so you dont have to rack up miles on that nice vette

Housing shouldn't be more than 33% of your income. Housing tends to be the biggest expense in life. Realistically, using this model, a car payment shouldn't be more than 17%-20% of your income. That leaves you with half your income for food, gas, insurance, etc

Assuming $13/hr becomes $10/hr after taxes, 40hr workweek, you're bringing home $400/wk or $1600/mo. 20% of that is $320/mo. If you can find a decent vette for that, go for it. Keep in mind insurance will go up for a riskier/expensive car, factor in a 10% increase PLUS the fact that you will need collision and comprehensive on a loaned vehicle if you don't have already

Plus prob 20% increase in gas costs

I know the whole "but I live at home" thing, but don't just think about this year and next... getting a loan with $320 payments on a Vette and assuming you've got very little down means it'll be a 5yr+ loan. Ask yourself, am I able to continue spending nothing for housing in this period?

Just some stuff to think about. I make $70k/yr and I don't have a Corvette, and it isn't because I don't want one

Fail

Why don't you do the fucking math yourself.
All these people who talk percentages of incomes are retarded redditors not enthusiasts.

>and it isn't because I don't want one
It's because you're a pussy. You could easily afford a 10 year old vette if you actually wanted one.

All that being said OP should probably move out before buying a corvette.

you make 70k a year and the reason you dont have a corvette but want one is because you are a massive sheep and a cuckold who always plays by the rules and is the loser at work who would rat out fellow employees

Depends what vette you want. Someone wageslaving at McDicks could afford a c5 if they wanted one bad enough. Honestly, I say just buy a 5k Miata or 10k beater 350z and stfu. Corvettes are for boomers

at 1700-1800 a month thats more than enough money to rent a nice apartment as well as own a nice car once the car is paid he can start saving for a down payment on a house

For what purpose? I live at home because my dad is cool as fuck and we like spending money on cars and racing. I wouldn't finance a car, but I definitely spend well over any normal percentage of my income on cars and motorcycles and other fun shit.

i make 13$/hr full timein Cali and my net pay generally hovers around 400/week, taxes are a bitch mane

Depends where OP lives
>mfw I bring home 2k a month after taxes
>no debt but still forced live at mummy's
>want to buy a comfy condo but everything is currently inflated
>tfw commiefornia housing bubble
FUCK, I wish shitskins and boomers would stop buying houses for "muh investment" already. Why can't faggots just be happy having a roof over their head to store their shit?

Or, percentages are a good way of planning for the future so you don't end up giving rimjobs to make ends meet at EOM. And if you're rimjob-averse, repossession is figuratively worse

Wow it's like you know me!

>Housing shouldn't be more than 33% of your income.

Must be nice living in a flyover state. I make a measly 26k a year after tax, pay 12k a year of that for housing/utilities/internets which is cheap around here. Leaves me with 14k a year for everything else. I could probably get housing down to 7200 a year, but after a few nightmare roomates I have absolutelly no intentions of ever sharing a place again.

I still managed to buy a new $8000 motorcycle in cold hard cash, and drop another $1500 in suspension upgrades & exhaust.

If you want it bad enough, you will find a way to make it happen.

>living for the future
What a fucking nightmare. I'll live while I'm young.

provided you arnt paying a ton in housing costs you could totally afford a vette

just get a 4 year loan and if the monthly payment is still a bit high make it a 5 year loan, just make sure that the intrest rate is low and that you make higher than minimum payments in the beginning and specify that those extra bits are to be paid to the principal