/ndg/ Nier/Drakengard General #9

Route I: SMART A[I]

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>What is /ndg/?
A place to talk about Nier, Drakengard and Taros games

>Official Nier:Automata page
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>Important information
nier.wikia.com/wiki/NIER_Wiki

>What Happened before Nier: Automata began
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/10/heres-what-happened-before-nier-automatas-story-began/

>The Weekly 2B Butt .Zip Download (Lewds and Non-Lewds):
twitter.com/2b_butt

>Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia [Untranslated]
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>Drakengard/Nier Collection Archive
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

Previous Route:

BOTW is the first time I've seen open world done so well in such a long time, maybe it's coming off the back of that utter shitstain that was XV('s open world) but it's not only well designed in the sense that there's virtually no deadspace, it looks gorgeous so you're constantly hitting new secret stuff and beautiful sights.

The shrines are are awesome, they're basically one room puzzles that make you feel clever, like there's a biutton that presses the reward centre in your brain and you jamming it over and over.

There is countless, countless touches in that game that continue to impress me, it's so freeform that there's a mission to get a shrine early on where you need to get cold resistance and you can do it in a few ways, I made cold resistance food, I told my friend and he just said 'Oh I set my weapons on fire' this sounds simple but it blew my mind.

To anyone who hasn't played it, this is how free it is: you're first main quest mission after the game is to kill Ganon, you can face him at the start of the damn game, it's not easy but the game won't stop you.

TL;DR - It's not got Nier's emotional attachment or Yoko's excellent storytelling, but on a pure gameplay persepctive it's just so strong for me

2B as a sword once again kills 9S on ending D.

Why does A2 suddenly lose most of her hair length?

in memory of toobie

She cuts her hair over 2B's body.

9S is for ____ !

Oh boy

For some reason, Pod 153 looking like she has a ball gag is way more arousing to me than Nines crossdressing. Send help.

>tfw forgot to save at the start of Route C and died

brb killing myself

Pod 042 and Pod 153
Zero, One, Two, Three, Four, Five

Any news on Grimoire Automata? Any news on anything at all?

I need muh lore

What the fuck are you talking abo-
fuck.........

this Alternatively, to properly take up 2B's mantle

Holy shit I didn't notice.

so if DLC gets made for the game, what are you hoping for most?

tshirt accessory?
more story, wether it be 2B pre prologue or what A2 does throughout route a/b, or something else entirely?
challenge arenas?
alternative outfits for all 3 characters?
emil planting speakers around so you can never escape EVERY DAYS A SALE?

End it all.

All of those things please.

T-shirt date, desu

what am i looking for here

theres a little red circle but i see nothin'

Give me prologue DLC a la Drakengard 3.

nevermind I'm retarded

inside the little area to your right?

Bring back Caim and have him murder fucking everyone

Hop on the building to your right, and enter it, holy shit dude.

Anyone know. Of any plans for a flight unit model kit?

never played drakengard 1. how difficult is it?

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
STOP THIS SUDDEN BIRTH OF REALIZATIONS

Play on easy difficulty, putting it in a higher difficulty will just make the game artificially longer for no good reason.

It's not a hard game.

While I was talking with the commander I moved the fucking camera around to check under that skirt and jesus christ that fucking commande has DAMN CAMELTOE.

Imagine how that tight vagina would squeeze your dick until the last drop.

I've just realized that Caim is the only character the Drakengard games have ever made happy.
>loves murder
>gets to murder everyone in his own world
>murders everyone in our world too, Automata confirms humanity is completely extinct

It's easy. Press square about one million times.

Someone had a webm of the same thing as 9S with 2B running in circles.

It's cute. How do you recreate this? What setting does the partner have to be on?

I don't expect any direct epilogue after E, so I'll probably agree with those who'd like to see a prequel.

Either A2's Pearl Harbor Mission or when 2B was first paired up with 9S and when she first dealt with having to kill him

Maybe it's not likely, considering that we already know how both those stories end, but I think it'd a nice bit of context for fleshing out how everyone turned out the way that they did.

>missed 2 pod programs
>go find them
>one is back at the abandoned factory
>used chapter select to go as 9S for some trophies aswell while searching, at a later part of route C after the amusement park recovery unit
>look over where you play as the robot in the beginning of route B
>it's gone

I have a problem, I'm doing the main quests against lvls 25-30 while I'm barely 16, how do I level up faster so I don't get my ass nuked?

Also in the capacity of the Chips I have 48 atm, how can I increase those?

>tfw just noticed this is a direct reference to shin godzilla

What fucking enemy is that and where do i find him?

>Caim realizes that there are no people left to murder in Automata
>But aren't androids TECHNICALLY people?
>Caim's face when
I wish someone would make an updated picture with 9S and Pod153 sneaking up on stubbies

I love this pic, it's great in so many ways.

DEEPEST LORE

Ol' Caim finally got his mass murder fantasy, but I think his mood during the different endings still ranged from depressed to angry beyond all sense of reason.

What do the androids smell like?

Holy shit, that's fucking rad. I watched Shin Godzilla a few weeks ago and loved the shit out of it.

Yeah, one thing I think should've been in the game is The Memory Cage. I wonder why they didn't include it, I would've loved to realize that whole thing on my own.

I don't think he'd stop at androids.

He'd murder his way into space to murder P-33 and the machines on the Ark. Then he'd take a swing to the left to murder the aliens.

Plastic and metal.

I only saw it once during a fetch-quest that Devola sends you to the middle of the forest for.

And it was 2Bs memories that got A2 killed.

2E really was the [E]nd of YoRHa.

will I eventually be able to teleport around between different save points?

>2E really was the [E]nd of YoRHa.

Yes. Save your side questing until you unlock it, trust me.

None of them disappear if I get past a certain part of the game do they?

Is he /ourguy/?

Dirty secondary question
Why exactly did Angelus agree to the pact with Caim?
He proved that he wasn't some pathetic human who was just going to get the both of them killed?
He showed that he hated humans more than Angelus, and dragons are kind of racist?
Or something in between and neither?

>But you can never dirty my soul. wretched human
>We are united by our need to live

>2E really was the [E]nd of YoRHa.

>At least now, I can't hurt Nines again...
>....
>Son of a bitch...

>look over where you play as the robot in the beginning of route B
>it's gone

It was never actually there. If you looked at where 9S and his flight unit are supposed to be, he isn't there either.

Also, wasn't bucket friend in an inaccessible place anyway?

no

they were both bleeding to death and they didn't want to die

Well, kinda. But no side quest is missable. I don't want to spoil you.

Neither of them wanted to die at first. Of course their relationship gradually blooms later on, but at first they do hate each other.

I liked that the final horrific revelation revolves around the role of Unit E.

Yet Ending E is their salvation in the end.

9S leaves and as Auguste reveals Friedrich succeeds at reviving him.

Just got my second pod program, why won't it let my cycle between the programs with left or right dpad even though I have 2?

They're designed to extract your genetic material as effectively as possible, after all. For the glory of mankind.

I kept excepting Father Servo to reappear again in some form.

Was a little sad that he didn't.

>mfw the shut-in is still in his room after everyone in the village dies
>can't unlock the door for some reason to let him out

I just wanted to post this here.

>implying she doesn't kill both in the end because repeating cycles.
Emil clone only sees her in the future after all.

That's for cycling between pods, not programs, you have to go into the menu to change programs, but you can eventually have three pods that each have a different program equipped

The d-pad is for cycling between different pods, not powers. Once you find a second pod you can equip a different power to it though.

And I think pressing the side of the touchpad brings up a slightly quicker way to equip your pod with different programs.

You need two PODS to cycle between them, Pods are just shells/containers for the programs.

So you're gonna have to find another pod and have each program loaded in an independent pod. You can't pause and use the menu to switch what program is on a pod but it's nowhere near as convenient.

>can't unlock the door for some reason to let him out
He did say he would make a lock so strong even 9S wouldn't be able unlock it

shite, okey doke. when's the soonest I can get a second pod?

>touchpad
user...

>The wise machines realize that death is the only freedom
Father Servo found his enlightened path in the end.
He truly polished his soul before he went.

Emil clone can barely remember what he had for breakfast.

>Machine Network uses it for the Towers barrier.
It's all coming together.

He remembered we fucking stole his shit though

He remembers his friends even if by appearance only much better than food.

>9S just says he's glad to be free of that annoying robot
>2B doesn't seem to agree

You have to put it on normal on some stages to unlock certain weapons if you want to unlock Ending E though.

Which you probably shouldn't. It's not worth it.

>"Glad we'll never have to see him again!"
>"Right..."
>single tear rolls down 2B's cheek

>trying to map this on PC
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH. I COMPLETED THIS ON PS4 AND DELETED MY SAVE DATA BEFORE I REALIZED I COULD PET POD.

BRAVO TARO THIS IS THE TRUE SUFFERING

How should I go about dodging the goliath's horizontal strike at the start of the mech flight?

Did we ever see what Zero could do with her song? And what was her Daemon supposed to be?

People still streaming this game or anything?

Just hit the dodge button or fly upwards
ezpz

Dodge in the edge of the saw, don't dodge in the middle

I think you can usually phase through it if you time the dodge right and move through the hit.

That looks good. Are you emulating this?

I think it's just a general power-boost along with her turning into a Queen Beast at the end.

I don't recall anything about her having summoning powers like the others.

Oh, that's actually a screenshot from Drakengard 3.

Drakengard 1's a bit rougher.

Is there anything even as dark as Arioch in general in D3/Nier/Auto?

The biggest surprise, is that was the one time he wasn't trolling.

Oh cmon. I just got off a happy ending of st.patricks day drinking and getting hit on. I don't need this.
I was free, user!
I was FREE!

is the final song not her song?

She only wants to eat children...

>Genocider Four
>Human experimentation and homicidal manic Three

I can only play with decent FPS if I drop the resolution to 640x480.

Arioch didn't have a whole lot going for her character outside the twisted premise of her backstory, but yeah, there's some pretty dark outcomes for characters in the other games.

Especially involving kids... Pretty sure that Taro has a vendetta against children...

I rarely do this, but is there a decent reshade? I just feel its super washed out and I'm shit at making settings.

Except seirei

Fuck him