Domg

what is subject

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (NEEDS UPDATING NERDS)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pankoman

Other urls found in this thread:

templeofearth.com/books/goldenbough.pdf
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAdman
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=aBoneToPick
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DEAAAAAAAD

old screenshot

I was wondering where the thread was.

Looking for a sub for Mictlan in the all-sacreds game

Mictlan gets SLAVE SACREDS, LONGDEAD SACREDS, SLINGER SACREDS and is packing a HUGE BLESS

Shouldn't pick immortal chassis if you won't dump points on candles /domg/.

fuck you, I do what I want

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
what did he mean by this?

grap

LA Pythium is shit. Lemuria is shit. Why is it suffering to be LA Romans /domg/?

summod Lemuria is good

What's a good pretender for EA/MA Pangea?

Thus far I've just been doing Turmoil/Luck with some variation on an N9Ex bless (usually N9E6W4) but I get the feeling that isn't the most efficient design. Also how can you even manage Blood as TurmoilPan?

MA Pan works well with order, actually. It's great with the extra money.

Either way, W9 is great. If you want to go turmoil, you can reasonably afford a W9N9 double bless

But muh unquenchable tide of naked women.

As other user said, W9 is amazing for your sacreds. N9 might have more utility later, though.

>Also how can you even manage Blood as TurmoilPan?
You should be patrolling away unrest anyway. It'll just mean a few more troops to negate the unrest production.

>blood as turmoilpan

patrol with wolves, make sure you have a decent amount of dominion in the province and 10 or 20 PD.

the main reason you go blood is to craft blood items and you don't need one million blood slaves like xibalba who needs to spam national summons as much as possible, therefore sustainable bloodhunting with order 3 is not necessary.

How often is it that somebody offering a truce is almost likely to just try and fuck you with it?

in a domg game that would be 60% of the times.

100% if it's nightnick.

Always because they're all out to get you.

What do you mean by truce?

Stopping a war where neither of you is getting anywhere, or a non-aggression pact with a nation which you're not at war with?

Could I get a 24-hour extension? I'm on a weekend trip, getting back late tomorrow.

What was the name of the book that Illwinter harps on about? It was a really really good book of shitloads of different myth and the cultures that spawned it all. I think it was centered around the priest kings of sumer.

templeofearth.com/books/goldenbough.pdf
I found it!

I'll soon have the opportunity to cast Wrath of God, but is it worth it? The description of what it does isn't very detailed.

100%
Any attempt at diplomancy should be taken as an act of war

It just randomly kills enemy chaff
Not worth

The first.

You should always trust me, malakal, I will never backstab you

i don't think i'm any games with you my dude but i'll keep that in mind

Looks interesting, thanks for the link.

I'd expect a low chance of betrayal, at least in the short term. Breaking the alliance will just put them back in the same stalemated war they want to get out of.

Longer term, I'd be concerned about them looking for an ally to restart the war with. Watch what they're doing - building forces back up is to be expected after a war, but if it's been a year+ and they're still not doing something I'd get a bit concerned.

Overall, I'd probably take the deal. A war which is going nowhere is terrible for both people. One place I'd be a lot more hesitant is if it's something like elves or birds, where they can go for a decapitating strike if you're unprepared.

>"hey do you want to make peace for a while?"
>he accepts
>immediately start making conga-lines of all my stealth troops/thugs on enemy territory, or start amassing burds in focal points
>1 year later
>set all my troops to attack
>send message with "ok peace time is over"
>send turn

Already the thread is dead again.

How the hell am I not dead yet? Also can I please stop being gangbabged now?

yeah, 24 hour extension applied. If you need more time, I'll try to catch it.

Tell me user, where did asshole batman touch you?

Is the planet of the apes faction any good/fun?

I liked Lanka the time I played them.

I disliked Lanka the time I played against them.

Are the sticks and stones any good?

I am about to drown in skeletons courtesy of lanka in the everything is sacred game

Yeah. 2 attacks/turn, lots of ammo, strength buffs work on them and you can cast flaming arrows on them.

Bats probably stopped attacking you and Ulm must be incompetent (or got attacked by Agartha).

They are if you cast flaming arrows on them.

Someone get a priest in here, we need someone to start reanimating.

I cast Banishment

Lanka's quite good, but were you talking about them? There's also Kailasa, Bandar Log, and Patala. Kailasa is my overall favorite of the monkey nations.

Is any unit in game your waifu?

Ur mom.

How do I make Bandar Log work in multiplayer?
What scales, what type of pretender etc.

W9 seems good for your tiger riders.

Awake N9E4

Awake expander. If anybody needs it, it's Bandar Log. Their mages are good, but their troops are garbage.

>tiger riders
>garbage
yew w0t

Oh man yeah, a cap-only sacred that is massively expensive and costs a relatively high amount of resources on a nation with fuck-all to do with those resources everywhere else.

Yeah

Definitely worth building around

>17 res is high amount for a cap only sacred
wew, I bet you think white centaur aren't worth building around either

You might have a better case if they also didn't get white ones. Not that I don't agree with taking an awake - imo all the monkey nations are best with awake N9E4s on account of their TERRIBLE FUCKING STARTING ARMY, and recruit anywhere sacreds/sacred summons.

WC are 15 gold cheaper and much more durable. Tiger Riders are still something you make and expand with, but lets not kid ourselves comparing them to WC.

W9N9

I wrote up a thing a few threads ago, I'll look for it when I get home.

Essentially though, mono bless with a blood minor and dormant.
N9 works, but honestly it's a late game bless and you don't have a strong early game without an awake, which is fucking expensive, or a bless for your tigers, which means a dual bless

Testing cav vs cav heavily depends on charge. Did blog get in the charge or did Pan?

Tiger riders don't charge

>charge
You realize that lance damage is based on AP, not distance moved, right? Also, tiger riders don't have lances. ALSO it was less close than it looked, since there were a fair few tigers from the dead riders left after the fight.

After modifying the white centaur formations to let them get a near-perfect surround on BL and fixing their positioning to get first hit, this is the best I could do.

Again, there were still living tigers there at the end.

>worst girl is a smoker

quelle surprise

worst girl, more like best

Tigers turn back into tiger riders if they survive do they?

no. they ded. that's why they show up as ded on the battle report while there are still tigers left alive

No. You also don't keep the tigers.

BL does not get to go full Zheyadan.

So, would there be any interest in a disciple game with 6 teams of 3, either in EA or MA? Mods likely would be worthy heroes, and summod+ME.

I want a no-diplo disciples game. You have teammates to talk to so you can get out the "omg I want to talk about this cool thing that's happening" while still making the game more of a bunch of simultaneous wars rather than a series of gangbangs

Does anyone have a game recommendation that helps you play out the growth and development of an evil fantasy empire with magic that matters? Dominions is honestly the closest thing that I've found to it, but I'd really like a game with more interesting single player.

First, if any of the monkey nations needed an awake expander it would be Kailasa.
Second, Bandar and Patala get elephants, which are GREAT for expansion.

Third, tiger riders are good, and they work with a W9. Really, they expand fine.

EA Abysia in single player is pretty damn close in my opinion.

>technologically advanced
>heavy plate on all your dudes
>throwing fire everywhere
>human units drafted into your army suffer because of your heat auras
>turning the entire world into desert with your dom
>assassins everywhere
>blood magic and easier access to horrors than pretty much everyone
>your guys are limited in number but still shit all over the hordes of chaff the AI throws at you

Yeah, Dominions is really good at it for a variety of nations, honestly. I'm basically asking for a game that can give a similar feel, even if its actual mechanics are very different.

Master of Magic

Played. It's like a lower tier Dominions

Endless Legend is quite good. Fantasy civ.

Definitely a fun game, but magic just isn't meaningful in the way that it is in Dominions.

Fallen Enchantress does magic better, but in that game the game revolves around one or two super spells and being able to get dragons (which you need to kill a dragon to get, which is really hard without the insta-kill death spell and completely trivial with it).

Haha no. Yavanas are good for expansion with a couple of arrow blockers and a little thought.

elephants are better at expanding.

I dont think either of those three should get an awake expander, but definitely Bandar is the one of those three nations who needs it the least.

I think N9 Yavs beat elephants on cost for expansion, espeically in Summod (30 gold). But I'm interested...what kind of pretender would you take for BL?

>previous turn other player messages me to attack a neighbour
>tell him i'm sorry but i won't
>turn after that he messages me about attacking the nation i'm playing
>he is diplomancing against me but failed to send it to the right guy
Jesus, why is domg so full of diplomancers? I should play in dom3mods or some shit.

obviously W9, don't you know how fucking good tiger riders are? Check this out:

what does the ravenous swarm exactly do?

Arent they worse what with actually expecting you to stick to what you say and getting super butthurt after getting attacked by a dude who stalled for 16 turns in a row?

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual

Yes, but it really depends. There's a large variance in players in just about every community.

How to play as EA lanka?

Spam indy priests so you can spam longdead.

How's it going in Olathe, Kichikuo and Today Local Domg Man?

This version's much better, thanks

Who you then cast mass flight on.

priest thugs

Any games starting up? Haven't played in awhile and want to get back to passive aggressive diplomacy.

What kind of bless would even make an Indy priest thug viable?
With N9W9 you 'might' be able to take PD up to 5 or 6

why does she have three legs?

Ones a tail.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MAdman
MA game, standardish settings
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=aBoneToPick
MA ME high sites standard otherwise, No Ermors
ElfingAround is still up too I think.

A9 with MA Ulm, give them 1 gem bows of war.

Well, I guess that's not really a thug.

MA Ulm can make way better thugs then that.
Shadow scout thingies with shrouds, or Smiths with cheap gear, or INNOVATIVE thugs