Dont Let Your Dreams be Dreams edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

1st for silly grudges

GOBBOS

Complete the System of German Idealism

>Reward - Treasury: +2
Good shit, the game should have way more of these little nonsensical fucking dwarf grudges that only happen because they're a race of mountain autists
That's really good flavor

Absolutely disgusting
Can't wait to eradicate the Dwarfs as Druchii and show High Elf cuckolds how they should have handled the War of the Beard

Like there should 100% be a grudge for when you open the diplomacy screen and the random quote that the faction greets you with is somehow inflammatory
You do your diplomacy, reach your deals, then when you walk off Thorgrim just calmly writes "These fuckers don't respect the Dawi, let's raid and sack some shit up" because he heard some servant call him a fatass while talking to his servant friends or something

and this is the moment i realized welfs are the master race

>there are people who play as elves

Rock the boat!

>2018
>time to boot up Warhammer again, start as Franzy
>pretty typical game, wipe out separatists then conduct some diplomacy...
>turn start; oh boy!, finished the 5% reduced recruitment cost for pistoliers tech!
>confederate a few minor provinces, end the turn...

>a Skaven incursion has surfaced in Altforf
"Summon th-"
>Vlad and his 7 LL's invade Stirland
"I s-said sum-"
>A Greenskin Waaagh appears for Gorbad
"ah um, elect-"
>Malakith's black ark crashes into Marienburg
"ELECTOR"
>your ally Marius Leitdorf has declared war on the Dwarfs
"By Sigmar, No!"
>Mazdamundi has called a crusade on mankind for the great plan
"ahhhhhhh......"
>Warriors of Chaos have invited their woodelf allies to declare war on you
"COUNTS"
>High Elves have emerged from their Phoenix Path, do you wish to intercept?
"I am prince and-"
>Gelt gets nerfed
"emperor..."

It is now March. Athel Loren grows restive, casting aside the austere serenity of Gaurach-Dúin. The boughs and brambles tremble, and through the glades and hollows the spites whisper of Spring.

The Eternal Queen, recumbent in her pleasure, awaits the attentions of her rejuvenated Consort-King. The first outriding of the cycle yields rich game, youths flush with the iridescent bloom of pox and prepubescence. Cherry blossoms flutter their brief glories across the Eternal Realm. And still more. The fey giggle of a return, a recovery of what was once lost. The sacred trustees, deputized by their Queen to carry out the vulgar realities of reign, are poised to return from the Dreaming Wood.

Sisters of Twilight Soon.

You forget a Slann teleporting his army into Altdorf

G O B L I N S

"BEASTMAN."

YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED EMPIRE PLAYERS

As the old Russian saying goes - beer without vodka is money wasted.

more like the fun has just begun

>Total War: China

fuck yes

>Sisters of Twilight Soon.
kek

Fuck no

Are expensive lords worth it for MP? I feel like they aren't.

Well, we'll get to see just how versatile and resourceful the empire really is

It's interesting, I don't know if it is due to crossover or coincidence that the Mountain Blade general has had vocal members wanting China content too.

Always, i never go MP without my nigga Skarsnik.

m8 total war doesn't even get translated to orange

How do you even fight Archaon without his other two Chaos stacks tearing you a new one after you battle him? Like, they never fucking split apart or something. I managed to win against him using Lightning Strike but suddenly, next turn I've got everyone up my rectum.

>How do you even fight Archaon without his other two Chaos stacks tearing you a new one after you battle him?

Bring your own spare stacks. Make them be the ones shitting themselves running away from you.

Only interesting if it includes South East Asia
I want to play as Lan Xang madmen and Burmese warrior states and all that fun stuff
Also wars over who gets to keep White Elephants sound fun
>Around the same time a white elephant had been captured and brought to King Chakkaphat. The elephant was recognized as a symbol of kingship throughout Southeast Asia and Lê Thánh Tông requested the animal's hair to be brought as a gift to the Đại Việt court. The request was seen as an affront, and according to legend a box filled with dung was sent instead. The pretext having been set, a massive Viet force marched in five columns to subdue Muang Phuan, and was met with a Lan Xang force of 200,000 infantry and 2,000 elephant cavalry in support which was led by the crown prince and three supporting generals.[28]

Caster lords are clear enough, but what about fighty lords, like Karl or Durthu?

Archaon looks so dumb on his fat little horse

Don't you need whiskey for boilermakers?

Goblin Dabbing

He's just so happy that he spent his life doing what he loved.

Riding a giant spider and stabbing people.

It's just brits being brits. In Russia we call beer with vodka "yorsh" - ruffe (after a type of fish).

>absolutely nothing but chariots, crossbows and spearmen
No. Just, fuck no.

Renaissance is objectively the single greatest time period for a TW game.

30 years war WHEN
I want sectarian Christian wars NOW

If Kislev is ever expanded on they need to have a ton of Vodka related stuff.

Wow it's almost as if White countries have allowed mass Chinese immigration and a new generation of Chinese have been raised to speak English from birth and are now using the internet to share their excitement at computer games that appeal to their racial identity in the Anglo tongue

Veeky Forums is filled with weebs

I think thats probably bullshit.

Chinese history is not very well represented in western media, so people tend to get excited for new and interesting content.

Who the fuck looks forward to total war games based on "racial identity"?

G O B L I N S you say? My knights seem to always encounter them underfoot, or underhoof rather. :^)

>so people tend to get excited for new and interesting content.
Renaissance > China for new, exciting and different content

>all these people wanting china total war

just play peasant mob-only bretonnia, have you seen their military history? it's pretty accurate

As Beastmen, is it always best to eliminate Tilea and defile it in the first five or so turns? I've tried moving to Tilia but I got caught and butchered, I went into Carcassone and Orion stampeded out of Athel Loren to protect his Waifu.

Plus if CA wants a game about chinese history to actually sell in China itself they would have to comply with a ridiculous and absurd amount of censorship.

Eliminate Estalia even, fuck it's early.

Fucking this.

my favorite part of romanticized chinese history is all the legendary battles they won... against other chinese

Destroy your second horde (after transferring the troops of course), raze both estalian towns for money (always get the money) and move on, either to Tilea or Carcassonne. If you hold down the right mouse button while issuing a move order you can see how much movement you have left, use this to move 75% at a time, then use the hidden camp to evade potential enemy stacks. This hidden camp movement is the most essential part of playing beastmen.

>Destroy your second horde
You should never under any circumstance destroy a horde, the pop cost wasted is enormous.

2 pop for the second one is fucking nothing. It only takes 6 pop to enlist the third one and you'll never be doing that anyway because of the insane upkeep.
That's what worked for me in my legendary beastmen playthrough, shit allows you to minimise upkeep in the early stages of the game and get the ball rolling a lot easier.

If I wasn't anglo like fuck I'd maybe believe you.

The only thing that is best for you memeing shitbags is to die like the vermin that you are against the glorious armies of the empire of man. Pee and Poo on this you little faggots.

Second Horde is great as a bait too, encamp your main horde, then raid with your second one (to keep its fightiness up), then when enemy army comes up to have some fun, BAM swoop in with your main horde. That also means your second horde develops buildings and growth, and you can swap in a proper LL when necessary too I think (I never tried this, I'm attached to regular ol' Ghoros Heartrender)

I had an idea for an TW:Warhammer Empire campaign where I subjugate each of the Empire's provinces instead of capturing them.

Has anyone tried this before?

>insane upkeep.
I think you're just absolute shit at TWW if you cant figure out what raiding stance is

This does NOT have my consent

It would be nice to see more love for pike and shot.

Raiding still doesn't cover the upkeep of a proper horde, and it makes you visible and highly vulnerable to enemy attacks. And you know how AI in this game is, marching it's stacks across the continents just to fuck you up. With one horde start you can go entire game without raiding at all, just marching from town to town and sacking them, amassing unholy piles of money before recruiting a second horde (you will have to raid a lil' bit because the victory condition requires it).
I just prefer being sneaky to raiding, shit's a lot safer and it worked fine for me.

There is at least one, if not more pike & shot games on Steam. The Chinese ones are all indie titles at best.

How many of these pike and shot games have the tactical battles combined with a campaign map like total war has though? I mean the period of european history where the christian faith was absolutely predominant is not my favorite part of european history, but at the same time we have yet to get a pike and shot game done in the total war style to the best of my knowledge.

We can agree that we need more of both >:D

Because its a shit setting no one wants to play

I think ill take my two legendary campaign finishes over your normal only plays thanks

All i want is RotK X with a translated PuK. As far as three kingdoms goes, i don't think TW can capture the interesting parts of the period particularly well. I wouldn't be against a China DLC, but dunno about a full game around them.

Also the aptly named Pike and Shot: Campaigns is pretty damn good for anyone interested in that.

>Because its a shit setting no one wants to play
Then I guess we shouldn't do anything new, time for a Med3, Shogun3 and Rome 3!

It's almost like there's more than one viable way to play the race. And I mentioned playing them on Legendary this way in previous posts.

How come Napoleon is the only tw game with good battle maps? all the others have had terrible maps, which is a particular shame in case of warhammer, because its fantasy and could have gone truly crazy with its maps

>China is a shit setting therefore everything is!
No, China is a shit setting. Period. End of discussion.

The Renaissance on the other hand is a fucking amazing, and infinitely better than anything that ever happened in China

>there are people that unironically play as the race of butthurt manlets

No, The Renaissance is a shit setting. Period. End of discussion.

I'd probably be pretty happy with a good RotK with proper translation.

I'm not sure what about China would make it harder to do than other games.

Nice, who did you steal the screenshot from?

Yeah look mate you're obvious shite, there is no way you ever completed a normal campaign, let alone a L one.

No more replies for you, actually play the game before you post.

Nice try

It's like one autist who starts screeching hysterically whenever China gets mentioned. Probably got cucked by a gook or something.

The implication is that it being a shit setting is why it doesn't sell. If the Renaissance was so exciting there should be dozens of games by this reasoning.

Your insistence that 200 years of European history is more exciting than 2000+ years of Chinese history is either staggeringly ignorant or deliberately juvenile.

>Pike and Shot: Campaigns
Yeah, is pretty good.

I see, you're just a retard.

we don't need China when we're already getting Skaven in the next total war. Too much overlap.

its more then one, I don't want china total war too, I really don't give a flying fuck about chingchangchongs, I barely managed to get about 60 hours out of nips, and I care even less about chinks

its a shit period, its a shit culture, and its a dumb fucking idea for a total war game, I don't want to see fucking chinese LL's killing billions of chinese dirt farmers, like in their crappy movies

This.

Wild riders are by far the coolest unit in the game, disagree? You're wrong.

>>Rome 3
This wouldn't be a bad idea for various reasons.

It might come as a shock to you, but not everyone shares your opinion.

China is a shit setting get the fuck over it chink

Nah. The coolest unit in the setting are those dwarf flamethrower dudes who can make entire enemy lines chain rout with one or two bursts of flame from the flank.

and it might come as a shock to you, but the vast majority shares it, the tiny loud minority on 4chin is in no way a representative of the population at large, notice how games like Rome2 and Med2 are much more popular and more played than Shogun, you know why? because most of the playerbase is white people who like games centred around their region and their culture

and Shogun at least had the appeal of muh samurai for the weebs, what the heck do the chinks have?

I think that Warhammer is my favourite TW, I find it almost endlessly replayable but I fully agree with you here. Pretty much all the battle maps are evidence of a significant lack of imagination. It's a shame that in a fantasy setting of giants, daemons and magic, the terrain seems boring compared to all the other features of the game.

>Legendary

Good memories from this campaign. This particular episode was a testament to how important lightning strike is. I beat every single orc army with Thorgrim's army alone.

> what the heck do the chinks have?
Literally nothing, for thousands of years their combat was just spears and swords. The only military development was chariots and crossbows.

One of the worst settings for TW.

>The only military development was chariots and crossbows
What about gunpowder?

They invented mortars.

I really wish there was more variety in terrain, especially in WH.
Ruins creating chokepoints, old walls cutting off parts off the map (potentially destroyable with siege equipment/monsters) and so on. There's tons of potential for more than hills/plains and the occasional tree.

Do the DLC sale even drop further? (like 30`40% off)
Havent finished Bret campaign so I am holding off for now

I am not even knocking on just warhammer, literally every, single one of the tw games, with the exception of Nappy has terrible maps

its just flat fields, with minimal impassable terrain, no special features, sometimes you have a forest and thats it. When fighting in the mountain passes I want a narrow pass to defend, I want terrain with clifs and sharp turns, and impassable terrain all over the place, if they did that there would me more to tactics than just hammer and anvil

>I don't know anything about the subject, but I'm against it!

Fuck people.

I'm fine with the other guy "I'd rather have Pike & Shot over China" as I would rather have China over Pike & Shot. Either works though.

Some of you though, it's like TW: China would rape and murder your mom.

That was fucking awesome.
If the AI was smart enough to deploy next to his reinforcements I would have died for sure but I made Vlad waver over and over.
Kekler came into the fray and died in 2 volleys from 3 of my crossbows. I have no idea how it happened. I watched the first volley take away the first 1/8 of his health and then focused back on Vlad. Then Kekler's army comes marching in single file and I line my crossbows up on the sides and kill away. I've never seen my army rally so many times. I even charged the crossbows in after they were out of ammo and they rallied after routing.

>TW: China would rape and murder your mom.
total war china would mean that for 2-3 years or even more I would have no historic tw game to play, so fuck chinks and chink-enablers

They invented gun powder and did jack fucking shit with it