Say something bad about a car you like

Say something bad about a car you like

Other urls found in this thread:

e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1220039
e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918608
mega.nz/#F!4pQjXRYb!YmZcD6u1taTxzmiCbn5TDA
e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=642883
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The battery was relocated by the previous owner to the frunk, so now a spare won't fit. Neither will a donut

>Honda S2000
It's extremely overrated at the current price point and almost "boomer" "I know what I got" tier when I read craigslist ads for these things.

Oh yeah, it's an AW11 with a 3SGTE swap

>mine
FWD.

>Ford Crown Victoria

woefully underpowered, ancient and crusty

this
just saw one for 28k when it had over 50k miles with "tasteful mods" it's just stupid at this point

>Burns fuel more violently than the local "tough" boys
>Requires maintenance almost once a week
>Terrible if you're antisocial

>gt86
subaru collab was a mistake.

it's probably the least practical road car put is series production. Its not expecially good to drive either

Cant go over 55 without the entire thing shaking

that's pretty sexy...

>740
why could it not have had a 3 litre i6...

>electrical nightmare
>dash cracks
>headliner rot
>pop-up motor failures
>leaky
>no center console arm rest, but you can buy one for the low price of $200 on ebay
>uncomfortable sitting position

>memetax

>pre-facelift is shit tier reliability.
>post-facelift is too outdated.
>fucking expensive on the second hand market. A 2007 model costs over 8k euros.

fucking lol I think I know the one you're talking about. The best part was:

>featured in super street magazine!!

Oh thanks that basically lets me know that its total fucking garbage

Only cunts buy Porsches.
>I still would buy one if I could

something something ruf

Boy, where do I begin?
The 4 cylinders were all shit.

Lmao this guy
Having a 330ci but faking a M3
s a d

It's a total fucking unibody pile of trash with ancient engineering, shit-tier ECU and comes with incredibly weak axles stock.

But I love my MJ anyway.

>Say something bad about a car you like
I..I can't

ikr? xd what a shitbox lol

>tfw I found an S2000 that was hit on the side and would require some body work but only 70000 miles and ~$4k
LADS

>mazdaspeed miata

they're slow and need at least $5k to be made decently quick

I don't fit well in almost any nice two seater import.

Overpriced for what it is
Engine is relatively fragile and frame is prone to rust

underpowered when stock

1993 Dodge D150 360 5.9
>6200LB Shit boat
I like this

can't have a manual with leather seats unless you go Type R

>Rx-8
Too heavy.
Burns through spark plugs.

All I dislike.

Can't steer

You can't drive it on the street :^(

Power is about the last thing I'd complain about on a fox. They're fast enough to be fun stock, just not really amazing. The rest is truly awful stock. Still enjoy mine but you don't love something if you can't criticize it IMHO.

>legally

Lotus keeps it to make sure you don't but that would be fun as shit

Made for Midgets

S2k
>over priced
>sketchy electronic steering

BR-Z
>too slow
>seats are tiny

Corolla (GT-S)
>literally a meme car
>noisy
>slow
>seats suck

300zx TT
>maintenance nightmare
>cost is not good for normal car owners

M3
>shoulda been faster for the cost
>too luxury now

Corvette
>garbage interior quality for the price

Foxbody
>it's bland as fuck
>interior is absolute white trash garbage tier

Focus RS
>LOL that price
>LOL that price all day

Tundra
>falling behind
>body too bubbly and rounded

Titan XD
>fucking chrome
>absurd truck pricing

240sx
>will never get low mile, unmolested one like when I was 16
>NOT reliable
>NOT fast
>interior was pretty bad in s13

>Focus RS
>could have a mustang GT for the price
>looks a little too boyracer
The price point of that car really fucking bothers me.

>Minivan

>FD
I love this car, but where to fucking start

>unreliable
>apex seals
>burns oil by design
>flood city
>horrendous fuel economy

Good luck with those electronics. Also enjoy the sparkplugs. T. E32-E38 7-Series BMWs

Eh it's not too bad if you're willing to autism out, you can get DIS/Gt1 to find everything wrong with the electronics.

>tfw no turbo

>BRZ seats are too small
Fatty detected

>horrendous fuel economy

You don't DD an FD.

Care to elaborate on this DIS/GT1? I am not too good with electronics nor computers.

Awful gas engine, electric gremlins out the ass

DIS/GT1 is a software package that BMW used before '07, it has the capability to read out every electronic part of your vehicle, and more often than not tell you exactly what's fucked and what you need to do to unfuck it.

For OBD1 cars (pre-96 got America I believe) you'll need a laptop with a hard serial port, or the possibility to use an extension card to add a hard port.

Then you need to install windows on your laptop, they often say XP works best but with a little cocking around I got it to work on 7.

Then you need to install VMware and use that to boot GT1.

With some finagling you can get it to work with obd1, using what's called an ADS interface.

Using Gt1 you can diagnose basically everything.
It told me exactly which abs sensor was fucked, and that my pump was fucked.

It's told me about some other small doodads like a/c not working for reasons I don't recall etc.

Basically it's a setup that'll let you read and reconfigure your car in minute detail, short off remapping your ECU.

What about cars like the Ariel Atom and other cars with no roof or boot?

>ae86
Literally a shitbox that eats more of your wallet than oil

It's a princess

Manlet detected

>Slow as fuck
>battery is too hard to get to (tucked into corner where wrenches barely fit and can only do tiny turns with big hands and terminals are covered by stupid bar thing like its pretending to be a racecar

Atleast its relatively comfortable

t. '86 Celebrity Eurosport owner.

Also
>3spd auto
>fwd
>no tach

>implying tall people can't be skinny

>insecure posture
what are you doing?
Do you have no dad?

They are all too huge and heavy, even the kei sports cars.
>tfw seat all the way to the front in small car

>nightmare to work on
>overweight
>actively trying to kill you
>kinda slow

They are all gone since 2003.
All crushed by GM.
Not a single one is still on the road.

Lets see here cheap exterior (starts falling apart over 120mph)
Barrier to true power is $5000+

>sub-3000 lbs
>overweight

autism much?

for as small as it is, ~2,900 lbs is heavy. 3sgte is an iron lump.

>gt86
>slow
>overpriced
>just a sightly larger miata

I still want it though

The focus ST steering rack is too fucking short ratio and drives like a truck

My dad's friend had one, and managed to fight GM in court and keep his for a few years longer than just about anybody else. I think he's in that documentary about the whole saga.

I believe there are a few dozen left, but don't know if any are drivable anymore. There's one on display in the Petersen Museum in LA.

The GT1 suite is actually really fucking old. DIS is a nightmare to use even if you do manage to jump through all the hoops, and I never managed to get SSS working. Fortunately, you don't need to use any of that shit!

There are basically two software packages used for diagnosing and reconfiguring ("coding") BMWs nowadays.

The new official one is Rheingold's ISTA, which includes ISTA-D for diagnostic and ISTA-P for coding. Both of them, while not as bad as DIS, are rather cumbersome to set up. I've only used ISTA-D and can confirm that it's pretty easy to use, at least if you just want to see and clear error codes and don't mind how slow the scans are. It's supposed to provide technical information as well but I can't confirm that because it never worked properly for me.

The older suite is usually called "Standard Tools". It includes INPA for diagnostic, NCSExpert for coding and some other things nobody uses, like WinKFP for bricking your engine. All of these are bizarre Win95-era software programmed by insane Germans, translated into English by someone who doesn't speak it. Also, there's no official documentation for any of this shit and the BMW coding "community" is basically retards trying to teach retards how to do retarded things.

That said, take a look at these resources if you're interested:
- e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1220039 for a 120GB VM containing both ISTA and ST
- e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918608 for a tutorial on how to install ST (do it in a VM. also, see the last page in the thread for some less shitty download links)
- mega.nz/#F!4pQjXRYb!YmZcD6u1taTxzmiCbn5TDA and e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=642883 to get the data files for your car

wrt cables, you can find USB ones marked "K+D CAN" on ebay for like $30. Mine came with an adapter for the round plug you find in older cars - I've used it to diagnose and code an E38.

holy fuck what size are those tires

>overweight
LS4 swap

>no center console arm rest, but you can buy one for the low price of $200 on ebay
Try spending $500 on an ashtray. If I'd waited another year or so I'd have been able to get a brand new repro for less than half that.

so don't buy one then user. oh wait.

I wish it was RWD. It looks nice.

Jeep feels best feels

My 99 WJ had the parking brake fail the other day (need to take out entire center console to fix), one window dosent work, tailgate has no manual lock (thanks Chrysler) and electric one has failed, battery drains if it sits for more than 3 days. If the windows are open it buffets like mad, wind pushes you all over the highway, loud as hell past 45.

I don't care, I wouldn't sell it for anything in the world.

>SA
Vacuum Hoses
Won't Idle
apex seals
2-stroke
rat's nest

>not just getting a 960

Hah, I swapped a 110 in mine, went about 62 before I got scared.

I got a spare 180 turbo engine in my barn, you want?

Forgot, rust and all the plastic disappearing.

parts are almost unobtainable even though it is built on a extremely popular chassis

have you at least made it rumble?

Nope. Gotta buy parts for my EJ205 swap

The decision to bore a 6.2, slap a turbo on it and put this unreliable piece of bog iron into a Suburban is absolutely retarded.

People think you're a huge faggot.

And they're probably right.

Let me guess, del sol?

FA20DIT WRX
>Paint is ass and chips if you look at it wrong
>STI owners sneer at you (though you have the newer engine with direct injection, and they still have an 8 year old engine)
>electronic steering is not the best
>everyone makes vape jokes at you
>community is garbage
>looks like a honda

>MacPherson front
>Engine made off of vtec-e platform so it burns really lean
>original owner has done a number of questionable shit that takes forever to explain
>Dimond ring was stuck to strut for some reason
>Paints weak
>drum rear brakes
>Srs light stuck on
>At

There's so many better engines then an ej205 to throw in there. Those came with the ej25d right? if you could find and old ej22t block you could use your heads with some ej20k cams, and save a bunch of money and be able to hold 3x the horsepower of a ej205.

I like the NA Miata and I have really wanted one since the first time I saw one in person. (About 2-3 years ago)

But let me start.
>no truck space
>no power
>homo/hairdresser magnet
>not a lot of room in the engine bay for stronger engines right off the bat
:^(

fox cougar

>recirculating ball steering
>my arms hurt

If I put in something that made more than an EJ205 could, that would become exponentially more expensive since I would need an STi 6 speed, custom driveshaft, r180 rear diff, 04 STi axles and hubs, etc. An EJ205 is almost completely bolt in. Just need the turbo crossmember and WRX subframe so the turbo and exhaust fits. My 5 speed manual transmission definitely won't take more than around 300hp, which is probably about where I'd draw the line anyway since I still want it to be daily drivable.

I already have a merged harness anyway for it anyway, which is probably the hardest part to get for the swap since it's a fucking nightmare to wire yourself and costs an assload of money to pay iWire to do it. Someone else was going back to stock to sell it and sold me the harness for $500, which is $250 less than just the service fee from iWire, not including the cost of a WRX harness, a spare Legacy harness, and shipping.

How'd you manage that? My 91 GT-S weighs 2695~ and with just a boost controller I've gotten up to 310whp, that's not all that slow to me.

CRX (any year)
Literal Deathtrap

still miss mine though.

>deathtrap
Why?

Everytime i turn a corner i pray to god that i dont snal oversteer into a wall or off a mountaun face

The fact it's faster than a miata triggers homosexuals.

if you hit something at any reasonable speed youre going to end up hurt, its a tin can thats smaller than pretty much every modern car

My car is much smaller, and I drive up to 175km/h on 155mm 14" prius tires...

anything other than front impact can pretty much kill you.
its the price to pay for a light weight car

>light weight
How much doés it weight?