/brit/ - Brit/o/ General

A thread for the British denizens of Veeky Forums. Just like the British goverment, we also welcome refugees. We already have a Belgian and an Aussie.

----

Upcoming Brit/o/ Events:

Welsh Togue Run
What: Driving around in Wales I guess. Glancing fearfully over our shoulders in case Devil Will shows up.
When: June/July
Where: To be decided

Ultimate Street Car (USC)
What: A car show where loads of chavs show up and show off their Limited Edition Corsas and financed Golfs on airbags. Also drag-racing, live music, and poledancing.
Where: Santa Pod Raceway (Northamptonshire)
When: 4th-6th August 2017

----

Brit/o/ have just recently had another succesful visit to the venerable Shakespeare County Raceway in April, with 15 people (give or take a few) attending, getting pissed and putting their hopes and dreams into their cars as they lived their lives a quarter mile at a time.

----

Threads are a rarety as we mostly hang out in our own dedicated Slack chat, where we eternally shitpost, have 'bants', swap horrorstories about experiences with Devil Will late at night on mountain roads, and ponder on whether we'd pay £200 to have Holly Willoughby piss on us. If you want in, just post up your email (it can be a throwaway), and you'll be invited in. We do actually discuss things of an automotive nature, don't fear.

Fucks sake I mispelt rarity.

First for Brit Veeky Forums a best country based car enthusiast team

First for anime

First for the Shitbox Cup

Last for there was no Micra up this mountain. At least, not this time.

MEANWHILE AT THE RENAULTCAVE

Evening fellas. Is this the Micra Sports Club?

Post cute Micras

>euros
>into cars
not unless you are a millionaire

Remember when Renault made a good car?
I can't

Don't you remember these lad?

>Renault made their last good car in 2012
>Don't remember 2012
>Publicly admitting you're 4 years old

>Brit Veeky Forums
>euro

I have many litres of engine and a turbski brother whatchu got?

Which one of you faggots is going to buy my Mini?

Reminder: Eurocucks can't get Starlet GT Turbos as legit imports in their countries. Truly, Great Britain is great. Don't confuse us with them user; why do you think we're leaving?

Tripfags go

>Slower than a piece of shit Mini with a squeaky throwout bearing and failing wheelhub

Pic's?
Price?

God I wish I owned one of those.

>Selling on Veeky Forums

MAXIMUM ATTACK

honda logo ga3 is true Veeky Forums small jap car of choice

Now scrapped, rip in peaches.

Shame, these k11s are the peak of the Micra line, how did Nissan go so downhill from here

It probably wouldn't have gone had in been in better condition but it really was in bad condition. Great car though, would definitely get another to mod.

>admitting you're this new

Daily reminder

Still grandma's choice, for that reason I think I would stick with a Starlet, Logo or Charade maybe

What killed it? Rust, suspension problems?

>Brit/o/
>just as autistic as any other brit general on Veeky Forums

Good lads

brit containment threads are on every board for a reason.

Rust yeah, everything was on its way out apart from the engine which was absolutely bombproof all the way through.

Shouldn't you be not having meets or owning the bad Soarer? You're a bitch nigga

I'd that sheep desu

>owning the bad Soarer
shots fired

Brit vs EU race when?

I don't recall you taking your Mini down a dragstrip, Julian :^)

When we get an IMF loan to pay for our insurance

But the Brits have all ready won. The EUs are still getting all of the paperwork in place to have performance stickers legally

Pay debnts greez

Who tha fug is Julian, are you slower than more than one Mini with a squeaky throwout bearing?

Sad times man, a friend sold his to a banger racer bc it was a 1300 manual 3 door so apparently that is the ideal spec, rip

Mine was only a 1.0 so it wasn't a huge loss, and it was replaced by an AW11 so all is well.

I don't know, is it faster? You tell me.

>micra too rusty
>buys an mr2

ok you got me there, good luck lmao

espace f1
original clio williams
5 turbo
19 turbo

Well it had basically no rust on it when I bought it and the arches have only just started to show some rust after 3 years, otherwise it's still perfect underneath. Go figure.

black will wu@

>Slow times

CHAVS GTFO

It's purple, it's not me that's colourblind, it's you.

>no counter times
Classic Veeky Forums

jealous of my new company car poorfags?

All right lads.

>Welsh Togue Run

This sounds fun. What will it involve? When is a date likely to be set?

>you are dead, not big surprise

Jokes aside, what sort of power is the little thing putting down now?

i need one of these so bad

>This sounds fun. What will it involve? When is a date likely to be set?

There's two in talks at the moment, one in the South, one in the North.

good to hear, get some waxoyl or whatever on it dude pls don't let it rust away

Well the general idea is to meet at the top of the mountain and get down without anyone dying

It's coming off of the road soon for all that.

sweet, nice to hear about an mr2 that isn't getting shagged by some drift weeaboo or stancer

i would like a bog standard 80s corolla one day but thanks to rwd attracting fags and rust issues all of them will be dead or super expensive soon ;_;

super expensive "soon"

I got news 5 u

Super expensive soon? They're about 2.5x more expensive than they should be already. They're not really any more fun to drive than an AW11, they're just a bit more practical.

I always liked these

i don't want a ae86 or anything, saw a decent giffer owned 85 ke70 sedan in brown for sale at the side of the road about 3 years ago for £400, i know it's not representative but a man can dream, it was super clean too

Nah, not really, I daily drove an XF-S for two weeks while my dad was on holiday, and it would've have the same V6TT but a smaller car. It was super comfy, don't get me wrong, but driving it was nothing special though. If there's one thing I love about new Jaguar Land Rover cars it's the interior lighting on the gauges and switchgear and around the car. None of that obnoxious orange or green, everything was in a cool light blue. Amazing car to be in a cruise to places in, especially for the money, but as a driving experience it's nothing to write home about. Enjoy it though!

Still 164hp. As soon as I get a job again I can start throwing some pennies at the car and get everything sorted to run 1bar boost, which should see me close to, if not over, 190hp.

>As soon as I get a job again
Are you a NEET?

A NEET AND a TRIPFAG :) :)

im getting the xj. thats what i need though - a comfy car. the 3 liter diesel is plenty for dd. getting an e34 540i for them drive feels.

I would be down for the Welsh Togue Run providing you guys aren't like /k/...

>providing you guys aren't like /k/
This is a valid post. What does Brit/o/ look like?

Yeah, that's what was in the XF. It'll be a great daily. Like, it's a great choice, but I won't be jealous of it because it's not what I personally want in a car. I can appreciate how good a car it is though.

I'm uggo so

Well I guess I have been playing vidya every day while I've been out of work :^)

Software department at my previous place got closed down, and it's surprisingly hard to find a software job in a rundown old mill town. It's looking up though, may have an interview soon. If I get it it'll mean a decent commute to Manchester though, putting miles on the Starlet :(

Wait, you slept the night in a tent in a field? Did you share a tent with strangers from the Internet?

its still funny to get all the chavs with corsas and civics raging when they're beaten by a diesel. oh lord funny days with modern >2 liter diesels.

I've spent 4 nights total in a field with these guys. I'd share a tent with any of them bar Julian. And even Julian's a good lad.

No one asked, but it seems to be assumed, we do actually have girls come to our meets. At USC there should be ladies from our group willing to pose with your shitbox, too.

>tent
What's wrong with staying in a hotel or travel lodge?

>ladies from our group
pics?

We slept a few nights in mostly separate tents all sharing a pitch. One night this year I slept in the Lexus we bought the day before.

Also whacking a trip on because I found my old one and I am filth.

There's no hotel right next to Shakespeare County Raceway. They're not whores for you to pick out bro

Want either an MR-2 or a Mk6 Fiesta ST for my second motor when the insurance on my current Fiesta runs out next year (will be 22 going on 23 with just over a year of driving xp)
On a scale of Mother Theresa to Maddie, how hard will I get fucked by insurance?

What sort of MR2

>MR2 or Fiesta ST

Yeah I want a Mazda MX5 or a Volvo XC60.

The later gen one that doesn't eat itself, post 03 I think

>The later gen one that doesn't eat itself

None of them eat themselves. The W30 had a few oil issues but that's about it.

I cannot recommend enough of the 2002 Lexus IS200 Sportcross for all your camping and raceway needs.

>a few oil issues
>like the oil turning into grinding paste when the ceramics come into the engine through the exhaust

I've fallen for the memes then
Still looking at getting one about the same age as my current car (04) just for probably lower miles.

I'm basically 22, and I've been insuring a Clio RS from when I was 18 and never really got fucked after the first year. Don't have it now though, but last renewable quote (at 20/21) was £330

I love the Honda Beat and the Iveco Daily

That's only if people left the original exhaust on which many have since had replaced by dealers.

>£330
Bollocks. 21-year-olds driving hot hatches are a huge liability. Unless you lied?

you need a transit hicube mate