Why do Americans like Jeeps so much?

Why do Americans like Jeeps so much?

Are they good cars?

Can Veeky Forums redpill me on them?

Unreliable pieces of shit. Amerifats are stupid.

Only the Wrangler is popular and most people want the TJ and YJ.
It's mostly for outdoorsmen and larper faggots.
When Chrysler took over, they became shit.
Go Figure.

>entire lineup is SUVs and crossovers
>these vehicle categories sell extremely well with women
>women buy more new vehicles than men (I think, can't remember exact source)
>money is then put into making Wrangler gooder

The last good Jeep was made in 2001.

I won't lie, I've really come to like the WK2 grand cherokees and I fucking hate chrysler. They need to be de-chromed, but look great besides that.

My fuck buddy's bf drives one and I'll tell you it's pretty boring to drive.

And they swapped it for the fucking liberty... What a god damn shame. Fucking captcha Jews are at it again.

I honestly don't know if I'll ever forgive them.

Yeah it's basically a luxo-barge, but looks comfy. I want something that's better at roadtrips AND has 4wd than my 99 4runner.

Plus they also have a diesel.

I sure as fuck won't. Based China never stopped making the XJ though, so in a few years we'll be able to import them. They even give it tasteful updates over the years.

What I don't understand is we're now over 15 years out, and the complaints and the comments haven't stopped about it. Surely, they've heard it now for 15 years. They've tried to replace it with like 5 different models already, including bringing back the original name, and they're still not just going back to it or something similar. I don't get it.

I mean, the new Cherokees are fuckin' asianized. They're like bastardized Hyundais.

I don't get it, man. I don't get it.

Because they're fucking retarded. Maybe one day Jeep will go the way of the muscle cars and return to "classic" styling. I'd even accept a V6 if it's mounted the right way and rear wheel based, sitting on solid axles.

The JK and everything before 1996 was good.
If you aren't buying one to off-road or overland you're dumb though.

The JK rubicon is objectively one of the best production off-road vehicles ever offered.

>It's mostly for outdoorsmen and larper faggots.

hahahah they wish. At least 80% of wranglers are driven by women.

Americans like it big.
Big cars, big houses, big wife, big kids

>Jeep
>big
Pick one.

That is SO cool! Kinda like Africa still getting old VW Jettas.

I think this line of thinking should be more popular, keep building what works, rather than refreshing lineups every decade so that woman have something flashy.

> based China will make me one

Prepare for decapitation by fake safety glass in addition to other unspeakable horrors

>Are they good cars?

My mom seems to like her's. Not even joking

Do you think we care about safety here when we drive vehicles like this?

You sound like a bitch. Are you a trap?

>Junk Everything Except Petrol

They're pretty good for the money if:
Capability of going on unpaved roads or logging trails.
Tow a decent weight
Need to move 5 people and some shit all at the same time
Snow is going to be common.
MPG is not a concern.

Thing is they're fucking terrible at commuting long distances since their mileage sucks ass and WILL rollover at highway speeds when the driver brakes hard and turning the wheel to avoid a collision. Even when driving normally on the highway it's bouncy as fuck and tramlines. AMC era engines have a hell'va a time in cold climates where ethanol blend is used. Frames will rust.