What's the marketing strategy with Porsche making all their cars look identical?

What's the marketing strategy with Porsche making all their cars look identical?

People didn't like it when they tried to switch up their look, so they stick to what works.

THIS
*voice crackle*
IS THE NEW PORSCHE CAYMAN
*goes through 3 stages of puberty*

how old is he?

if its not broke dont fix it

D
N
A

Cars look better evolved not mutated

His mouth pisses me off, its his tongue or something

I dunno the 996 looked good in some trim levels. Just the earlier ones/basic ones that aren't exactly stellar.

The 996 looks better in the more aggressive trim levels for sure. It's like the more wings, splitters, vents and other aero bits you add, the better it looks.

Also a special mention for that glorious C4S rear.

He reminds me of my moms boyfriend when I was a kid.
He was engineer and really autistic.

Yeah I think it's because the base was just so unagressive, just looked to soft. C4S 996 is a good looking car.

Another thing is people are going to dismiss the car as a whole because not only did it mix up the visual formula (a bit aside from the headlights it was still clearly a 911) as it was the car that marked the end of Air cooling.

I have to admit the 996 has grown on me over time.

Because then when poorfags buy the cheaper ones, they can still act like they have money and pick up women.

I feel like this wasn't the reason it started, but is definitely the reason it's still around. Most people can't tell the difference between a base model cayman and a GT4, they can't even tell the difference between a cayman and a 911. They're all just a "Porsche",

"people" can't tell a fiero from a ferrari.

I don't know what you mean.

Wow the only similarity is round headlights and the color.

Came here to post this.

"Look, a Porsche"
-normies about anything from Cayman to 918

I had a talk with a co worker the other day who just flatout wouldn't believe that you could get "a new Porsche" (Cayman) for as much as a new Golf R or Focus RS with a bunch of options (~€50k).

and the hood
and the entire shape in general just being stretched
get over yourself hans

I've always thought the 996 had really nice proportions. It's got a longer, sleeker look than other 911s, and if it weren't for the fried egg headlights and the dated wheels, I think it'd be the best looking water-cooled Porsche.

What if you prefer the looks and chasis of the Cayman over the 911?

Some of the mods that people have done to the fried eggs look really nice, better than the Beetle lamps.

The hoods are completely different? Just because they both have round corners and go around the headlights? Oh wow....
The Bug has bulbous fenders, a protruded bumper, a simple single part grill, mirrors are polar opposites, windshield shape isn't the same, roofline is completely different. Don't even get me started on the rears of the cars. Then their engine placement and drivetrain are polar opposites.
They really aren't anything alike and trying to claim they are is autistic.

>Then their engine placement and drivetrain are polar opposites.
>They really aren't anything alike and trying to claim they are is autistic.

The first porsche was a direct offshoot of the original Beetle. Porsche engine swaps into old Beetles was a favourite passtime among the older generations of car enthusiasts, especially in the northeast. They were the best sleepers ever.

They have the same heritage, and that still bleeds through, even though the cars are now wildly different. Implying they can't be compared because one is a performance car and one is an econobox is far more autistic, it doesn't make the Porsche any worse.

Yeah, I'm pissed they made the Beetle FF, but it still looks pretty much the same. I could find a picture of an RR Beetle and make the same point.

Yes.

They are trying to appeal to "MUH 911" crowd which is fairly sizeable. The body shape is pretty iconic considering some iteration of it has won every major sportscar race and rally race between the '70s and '80s alone.

Patiently waiting for the inevitable mid-engine 911 based on the RSR racecar.

I don't mind the fried eggs my self.

More importantly why is his head so small looking

Don't respond to him, he posts the same 5 images in all Porsche threads trying to start shit

Then you're a true patrician

Most normies don't really give a fuck, it's only school aged boys Thst get excited over my piece of shit Boxster "because sportscar"

So a Cayman?

It's not that I didn't like the look of the 996... I do

Its the idea that Porsche introduced a smaller and more entry-level car in the Boxster and then passed the design cues up. Sorta cheapened the whole package if you will

Here's a good question... when will we see 996 prices rise? I know it takes time but these things can be very inexpensive and a decade down the road it might become very collectible...

It's like he read The Complete Idiot's Guide to Being Jeremy Clarkson and only skimmed through

Not when the 997.1 exists, they're basically 996s except better in every single way

Ah I get you. Yeah it did cheapen the image of the 911 with that.

As for when will they rise, I assume...in the next five years or so they'll rise, I think they have a bit more sinking to do, but with how the air cooled ones are rising, the 996 is becoming the Cheap way into the 911 and has been for awhile, once they get bought up, and word gets out more and more people swallow their pride and go looking for one, and demand starts going up, I think we'll start seeing the prices increase.

To add to my post though what said as well, I don't think they'll be beating the 997.1 out any time soon, but I do see a small bump in them when the popularity slightly rises because cheap. But since most people will be buying them because they're cheap they won't skyrocket.

everyone does it now
they call it brand image/recognition
and its like being a slave to your own creation
with everyone giving you shit for keeping an old design
but even worse of a time if you change anything
poor 986
914 and 968 get no love either

>914

I love the 914 and 914/6.

Used to be one here in town, it just sat before it was sold. Hopefully whoever bought it enjoys it.

Good call. I'm just wondering if the day will ever come where I see one crossing the Barrett-Jackson stage with the announcer saying "rare fried egg headlights" as if it was a selling feature. Only time will tell!

Now that's a good looking porsche

>they call it brand image/recognition
I just wish they would call it something new when they fuck up a car.

>Lol it's FF now
Don't call it a Beetle you whores

>Lol it's a 4 door sedan
Don't call it a GTR
>S-sorry it only has two doors now but it still seats 4
Stop it

>It's basically a normal mustang but chuck a cobra badge on the front and charge a shitload more
End it all

>lol it's a pigfat expensive piece of shit
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE CIVIC

there are some 914 and 928 around me and sometimes a 930. I'm too jelly for it to matter looking at them any more
feels like they are something I will never know

mid engined porsche are a thing
just only the 917 gets memed on
and liking the 718 RS 60 or RUF R50 is pretty much blasphemy

>I just wish they would call it something new when they fuck up a car.
I cant agree more
its annoying having to specify year when looking up shit
esp when they reuse names like 124 and 718

>WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE CIVIC
weird size creep with that
at some point it just stopped being a civic and is now as big as the accord used to be
but they name it after a small car when the small car segment does not really exist any more

its one of their mid engine types
and came with 4 or 6 cylinder engines

I like that it has its own look
but remove the badge and people would not know its a porsche

here is another mid porsche
think of this like a factory 5 818

RRREEEEEEEEEE

Bump

Yeah I know how you feel, I live in a podunk town, but there's this guy with a White 930, and then there's a White 928 GT, which is the owners second 928 (that I know of) he just sold his last one he had since I've been here a few month ago, and when I was going out off roading, I typically pass his house and saw that the white one I've seen in town was actually his.

Different guy here, but there was some madman with a white 996 GT3 pretty close to where I live. It wasn't even parked on a driveway or stored in some garage box, it was just right there out on the street, which makes me think it was his daily.

If it ain't broke...

The 911 silhouette is instantly recognisable and looks awesome.