JUST

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fXsQGWWz3Is
afdc.energy.gov/vehicles/electric_emissions.php
eia.gov/state/analysis.php?sid=NV
insideevs.com/200000-miles-tesla-model-s-experienced-6-battery-degradation/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-04/musk-employs-unusual-marketing-plan-for-model-3-anti-selling
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Electric Herbie

You aren't the demographic they are looking for.

This car is for the millennial male middle-management demographic working in either law, tech, or finance. Low level personnel.

Wrong.

Strong, Independent, Women.™

I thought that was the Voltzwagen kit from EV West.
youtube.com/watch?v=fXsQGWWz3Is

Strong, Independent, Women.™

Lets play "spot the autists"

looks like a background car from gta, always driven by some chai drinking wimpy armed mystery meat millenial irritant

Found the strong independent woman™

the most apt description of a tesla I've ever read

Take your ritalin autist

what a bunch of bitches. Can you imagine walking behind them at a quarter mile an hour having to listen to their hideous cackling?

What? There's nothing wrong with being a strong independent woman™. In fact, it's the opposite. It's stunning, powerful, and brave.™

Physical autism

>caring about how people spend their money

im not even mad

keep on keepin' on user

Hey Anons! This chicka just got her new Tesla 3! Ugh, sure is hard savin' the world and lookin' good doin' it! Time for a break and a Chai Tea latte run! #tesla #model3 #starbucks #tea #crazylife #selfie #coffeeselfie #strongindependentwoman #stunningpowerfulandbrave #hotties #coffeehotties #teslahotties #yolo #green #ilovetheenvironmentandimnotashamedtosayit #science #sciencegirl #nerdgirl #nerd #coffeenerd #greengirl

#autism

>saving the world
Well, she isn't wrong. Electric cars do pollute less.

did i just wander onto instagram fuck, my eyes hurt

Tesla front end design fucking pisses me off because you have this awesome opportunity by not needing a grille and they fucked it up so awfully.

***ATTENTION: BAIT POST***
everybody who sees this post, this is bait. I am only responding to this faggot so that others may not give him the pleasure of a thousand (you)'s.

>facts are bait
Yea, I'll take facts from the EPA over some autist on the Internet.

this, why the fuck do they leave that flat spot? It looks ridiculous.

holy hell that's ugly
at least give it a :-D so that it appeals to more people as a green car ad not that life less expression

of course they produce less emissions while driving, but they produce plenty of emissions when they are made, plus extremely harmful lithium mining for batteries. I'm right, no need for any further conversation.

LOL! I KNOW RIGHT?! Electric cars 4TW! LOL I'm so random. I learned that gaming. I got big into it after I took this programming class online and I learned to program. God, don't you just love Teslas? I totally love them! They're so cute! Cyber five, user! #hateuscuztheyainus #electricftw #savethewhales #ifyourenotfortheenvironmentyouwontbeinmine #greenlyfe #tesla #teslahotties #greenhotties #enviromenthotties #savetheenvironment #strongindependentwomen #stunningpowerfulbrave #downwiththepatriarchy #lovelife #love #meditation #yoga #coffee #coffeeaddict

tru

Yes, you are right. They do pollute more initially but over 100,000 miles they pollute over 50% less.
take some anti psychotic meds, retard.

That's where your wrong. Electric cars are much worse for the environment than Tesla, ecowarriors, and liberals want you to think.

afdc.energy.gov/vehicles/electric_emissions.php

This website goes state by state, if you're American. In many places, especially where coal is still king (ie. many states), you'll have less of an environmental impact utilizing a non-plug in hybrid car.

And like said, production. Lithium is harmful to acquire. Cobalt, an essential part of pretty much every rechargeable battery, comes from mines in sub-Saharan Africa, some of which utilize child labor.

ICEfags BTFO

it's a false economy designed to massage the egos of effeminate urbane pricks, what else is new?

electric cars, the automotive equivalent of sketchers shape ups, pilates and colonic irrigation

Well, she is wrong. Pollution from operating cars is ultimately negligible, especially in civilized countries that don't use diesels (it's all carbon dioxide, a weak greenhouse gas that is easy to sequester). Even if you leave it be, climate change is not the end of the world. The end of human life with sub-100 IQ scores in the equatorial zone or anywhere affected by an early ice age? Maybe. The end of polar bears? Maybe. The world? Life has adapted to more dramatic changes.

However, manufacturing new cars requires the wanton and permanent destruction of our planet in order to mine the metals and petroleum needed to make the part for the damn things, including stocks of replacement parts, metals, plastics, wires, paint, you fucking name it, and the polluting byproducts are TOXIC. Period. They kill, poison, and sterilize, and cleaning them up can not be done naturally or easily as it is with Co2. Buy new = rape the earth.

If anyone here wants to save the planet I recommend restoring an old bicycle using nothing but salvaged parts and natural oils for the finish. If a motor is your thing then if you can not find a suitable electric motor to retrofit into a moped/scooter/pedalbike then a modern small displacement motorcycle or a used prius is your best bet. Never buy new.

This where your lithium battery comes from.

>that's where you're wrong
Nope.

>literally cites a website that shows 70% of U.S power comes from renewable energy
lol

I live in Nevada where over 75% of our power comes from natural gas. Over 90% comes from renewable energies.

>blah blah blah lithium mining
Already accounted for if you would get your head out of the sand, dumbass. EPA statistics show that they pollute over 50% less.
>pollution from operating cars is negligible
[citation needed]

>blah blah lithium mining
see post above

In addition, utilizing an electric car requires one too many compromises and lifestyle changes.

>don't even bother doing any spirited driving, the batteries will overheat and go into limp mode
>your long distance trips? LA --> Vegas for example, a 3.5 - 4 hr trip becomes 5 hours since you gotta charge
>electricity interrupted because power outage or maintenance on the grid, too bad, you're not going anywhere

oops forgot the source on my claims

eia.gov/state/analysis.php?sid=NV

>bla bla lithium
I never specified lithium. Copper, steel, oil for plastics. It all has to come out of the earth. Here's a copper mine.

BUY NEW = RAPE THE EARTH. "But my greenhouse gases!" Yeah, have fun with that unchanged climate when you have no unpolluted land to enjoy it on.

>[citation needed]
22% of total Co2 emissions is negligible.

Global warming's actual effects are negligible unless you really think preserving the current state of animals like polar bears, penguins, africans, and south united statians is that important.

>22% of total Co2 emissions is negligible

That unironicly looks way better than the origional.

Okay, how about people living in

Colorado
Hawaii
Indiana
Kentucky
Missouri
New Mexico
North Dakota
Ohio
Utah
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Yup. People want to buy new to suit their stupid wants and to fill the coffers of the big auto companies. It is better to find, restore/fix, and maintain an old vehicle.

Wow, I didn't know we had a gold medalist in mental gymnastics on our board

It is.

Go fuck a polar bear, cletus. If it bothers you get a fucking bicycle.

>[citation needed]
I don't know why people need these shitboxes so much.

>alphonse ban evading AGAIN
>mfw

get reported kiddo

If you really want to make an impact on solving (((global warming))), ditch the car. Get a fucking bicycle. Take public transportation. Stop eating meat.

lol. if you don't live in a degenerate state then your state will have adopted renewable energies.
stay btfo
a bike that gets 100 mpg is matching an electric car

(((Renewables))) are a fucking meme. Those states like the People's Republic of California are wasting taxpayer money subsidizing those power sources when coal works just fine.

>renewables are a meme
Not really. they're significantly better for the environment

>stop eating meat

more like stop eating literally anything commercially produced. you think those combine harvesters run on unicorn farts? grow your own food.

in post-production emissions, given the electric car is only recharged with electricty produced renewably.

in total emissions and environmental destruction, the bicycle is 20lbs of metal that could have come from a local small-scale mine and been made into a bike by someone with some basic hand tools and a drill/riveter, and the electric car is 4000lbs of lithium, cobalt, petroleum, steel, copper, aluminum, fiberglass, etc that had to be made in a large scale factory, and all of that had to be transported via very polluting boats at some point or another.

>((()))
Go back to your shithole autist

>implying a tesla can even reach 100,000 miles
argument nullified

BTFO

insideevs.com/200000-miles-tesla-model-s-experienced-6-battery-degradation/

Bullshit. Instead of building and wasting billions of money into renewable tech, how about reducing consumption.

Fuck off. /pol/ is right.

Yup. Battery degredation is a fucking bitch. Gotta change the battery after 300-400 cycles (

>gotta change the battery after 100,000
lol

see
B T F O
T
F
O

Go back to your shithole autist

>Clinton
Too bad. Trump won. Climate change denial is the official policy of the United States. Freedom has won.

>reducing consumption

but daddy i want a shiny new luxury car

Remimder

>freedumb has won
no, it hasn't.
lol a

We are mere mortals who will forever fail to understand the means of a god. We are unworthy of Trump's leadership.

Right. I WANT A NEW CAR. WHYYYYYYYY WON'T DADDY BUY ME A NEW CAR

Electric cars run off of american sources. ICE runs of off foreign sources.

electric>gas

Yes it has. As long as I can refuse to drive or ride in a "green" car, we are free. Hybrids and electrics are heavier and inferior to their pure gasoline counterparts.

>a source that is biased against ICE cars and is trying to propagate electric cars is a """reliable source"""
fuck off back to huffington post faggot

Gives us a reason to go to war. I like war.

Electric cars are disgusting. Quiet electric car versus the roar of a NA V8 with the biggest displacement on the market revving to 9000RPM. I'll take the V8.

>front motor had to be replaced at 30,000 miles
LMAO he didn't even read his own source

stay btfo
stay btfo
>replaced as a part of a infinite mile warranty
lel, btfo

>motors and batteries both replaced at some point under warranty, teslas aren't really unreliable

>i had a new engine and gearbox fitted under warranty, brand x cars aren't really unreliable

what the fuck mane

>tesla can't even make an electric motor that lasts beyond 30k miles
lmao, the fucking warranty doesn't matter. Warranty won't help you get home when you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of rescue.

did the engine and transmission give out after 30,000 miles? If so, then yes, that is a very unreliable car dumbass.
>teslafags can't into logic

>ice so shit it doesn't have an infinite mile 8 year warranty
lol

i was comparing how the failures of the tesla in the article wouldn't be acceptable in an ICE car

it's like starbucks or apple, the shiny brand will make people ignore the shit quality beneath

>tesla so shit it needs an infinite mile warranty so people won't get frustrated at the horrid reliability and shitty electric motors that can't last beyond 30k miles
lol

oh sorry for the friendly fire user

>#lovelife

I'll take it.

dw bro, i'm amazed that both the standard 12v battery and the main pack needed to be replaced, i've just replaced the original battery on my 2000 daily last week lmao

>tfw not replacing engine at 36000 and letting it run to 125000 miles and counting

how can tesla compete

How long does this shit take to charge, if it's longer than 3 ish minutes than what is the point of running one like they did in the article

Waiting for false battery level readings to leave teslafags stranded in the desert, needing hours of charging and software resets to get going again

lol, upon further reading of mashahshifag's source, it says the batteries were replaced some time before 200k miles. So he just cited a source against himself.
>teslafags are getting THIS btfo and still digging themselves deeper

Doesn't make up for the amount of pollution they make initially.

Stay btfo.

so basically the REPLACEMENT battery pack suffered 6% fade in the time it was in the car, the first pack being too fucked to function?

can someone who isn't about to go to bed work out how long that 6% fade took from the date of REPLACEMENT (lol) to when the car was written about

>tfw normal 12v battery didn't last 17 years in a tesla

yep, it does

john, what the fuck is that?!

the car I drive my wife's boyfriend in to our house so that he can satisfy my wife

So literally the apple of cars

I'll keep my 20 year old cat deleted V8

Only spend 50 $ a week on fuel

Porsche SUV + Downs

>ugly front that tries too hard to look like a Panamera
>electric

No thanks. I'll take a V8. I'll never fall for this eco warrior bullshit. Gas expenses are meaningless to me, I'm not a poorfag. Doesn't matter if electric cars are cheaper to buy and operate. I'll pay a premium for no hybrid or non electric if I have to.

Apple of cars
>objectively inferior car than competition - hardware, software, design
>walled garden
>overpriced
>"trendy" people on social media will have this and constantly shill for it

Can't wait for my peers to give me grief for refusing to buy into the Tesla meme, or even just the electric meme. Electricity is for your toaster, liquid hydrocarbons are for real machines.

The shittiest car to ever hit the road. An attack on traditional ICE cars.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-04/musk-employs-unusual-marketing-plan-for-model-3-anti-selling

Tesla will not be offering any test drives for Model 3 until as late as February 2018.

>dude apple sucks!
>uses the piece of hot trash that is windows
I will never understand winbabies.

>>I will never understand winbabies
I will never understand Applefags who pay $1200 for a laptop with 1 port.

>many configurations
>modifiable
>serviceable yourself

>implying people dont dual-boot windows and linux so they can have games.
Do you even rFactor?

Ah yes, it's the whole "video games can sell without demos" mechanism all over again.

At least you can return the video game with little hassle if it turns out to be a hot mess. Can't do that if your $50,000 Model 3 turns out to be shit.