/hg/ 本田

Honda General
> [ C O O L B I B R A T I O N S] edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>B16A Map
youtube.com/watch?v=L0Nxa0xKU1Q

>Honda "service department"
youtube.com/watch?v=rQj7Y7Q8tU4

>unrelated
youtube.com/watch?v=Pi9ruVd5Vc8

>Thread music
youtube.com/watch?v=lRWHletYHeI

>0-220kmh Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=wnMqZuRDxAI

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VpLPaQfRjjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

Saw this while filling up, what a waste of a perfectly good EX trim EJ.

1800$ for an original owner hatch. hello honda friends

ran my turbo line today. -3AN stainless steel

Sorry for the smudged camera.

>i'm pussy
Nice hatch, though.

is this supposed to be for a street car

yes. keeping AC, PS and cruise control

Bout to take the Corolla to Vatozone and get a new heater core hose and the block tester. Civic could easily do it but I don't wanna get it warmed up. Might as well get actual coolant while I'm at it. Or should I keep it with water?

so no vtack? or did you use a different head? it looks v clean

I'd get a premix coolant so you don't get calcium deposits in your heater core.

Give me a quick rundown on the Accord.

you should stick with mixed. Anti-freeze has additives that raise the boiling point higher than regular water under pressure.

the thing with the gold cover on it is the VTEC solenoid. i got the vtak

what said

what made you choose a b18 over the 20 or the 16? convenience?

Will do. Thanks for looking out for me, niggas.

Not even sure what to ask for for that particular hose. I'll just pull the one I'm borrowing ask for one like that.

it's bored to 2 liters. it's just what I had at the time. other than the bore there's no difference between the b18 or b20. b16 is more expensive and lower deck height.

At least the ricers of last decade didn't stance or fit bike tires on 19" wheels

Oh shit!

Bob Mothafuckin' Evans, baby!!!

any more pictures? i enjoy street ready turbo shitboxes

Do you guys ever anticipate the new NSX going down in price on the 2nd hand market? I know theyre not a big deal and people arent buying them that much nowadays.

You can already buy them for sticker

Any "supercar" that sells at or below sticker would already be considered "down in price"

Blog: one of the "stock" ecus I bought showed up today and is already chipped and converted to vtak

thank you based ebay

It's time.

>You can already buy them for sticker
>ebay
When i look them up they are asking 170-200,000. the MSRP is 150,000. is MSRP "sticker price"?

Ebay takes fees, cars on ebay are more expensive to compensate for fees

Literally anywhere else you can get for MSRP, for instance, a dealer

What's this plug for? It broke off. Also as soon as I got the new hose on, it started pouring so I had to put everything away and go inside. Fuck everything.

decatted header going on my Fit next week.
how great of a time am I going to have?

guys it's even blue because mad jdm yo

da ba di da ba dai

coolant temp sending unit. sends temperature directly to dash cluster bypassing the ecu I believe. the other is a coolant temp sensor for the ecu.

Had no idea there were multiple temp sensors. I thought it was just the one by the thermostat. Is it necessary to drive? If not I can just drive the car on a dry day to my buddy's place and get a replacement plug from one of his junk harnesses.

That cluster temp is pretty worthless anyway. I can just watch it on Hondash and get an actual temp instead of a needle saying cold, warm, or hot.

actually I'm a derp. I'm going back over my pictures from my wire tuck and the bigger one with 2 wires is the fan switch. the small one goes to ecu AND dash. you should still be fine depending how far you have to drive.

wot?

Yeah it's not too far so it should be fine getting there. Honestly I can just wrap the wire onto that pin on the engine with electrical tape and it should work.

That's well done rice

Join the collage user see Very nice setup

Get oem and mix it with distilled water

Like a civic but now comfy

More*

They will buy idk if I'd buy one.
I don't think there's any after market for them

Time for what?

Sometimes it feels good to buy OEM stuff

What's gonna happen to your air fuel mixture?

Hell yeah nihga I keep one in the trunk

I got the VatoZone premix. Needed something ASAP and the dealer was already closed. Have no idea how much my dealer charges for it but I'm kinda broke right now. I'll get money back for that block tester stuff, though.

>this fucking storm

It almost reaches to Chicago. Also my phone thinks I live in Atlanta.

Im getting it tuned right after I install, so hoping for ~25whp (with 93 oct. tune), and might run it a little rich for safety.

I wish it looked like that. We should be sunny and clear but Chicagoland is supposed to get rain tomorrow.

TW sensor (2 wire) goes to ECU
the 1 wire sensor goes to dash only

OK so it should read out on Hondash still? Sweet. I'll see what it does tomorrow and confirm it. I wanted to drive it around tonight but mother nature says fuck you.

Will also post results of the block tester.

If the only thing you broke was the 1 wire, then hondash will still work and the car will drive normally

It's kind of funny how the other day I was like, "Why bother compression testing it if it's fine?" And then suddenly it's acting all retarded

Blue by Eiffel65

will join once i have a good looking pic of the car

Yeah damn thing is fucking moody. It's not as bubbly as last night but I swear I didn't see a leak in the parking lot at work. It still tries to overflow when I rev it but I can only assume that's the water pump increasing the flow and trying to push it out the radiator.

ok so I was right the first go around. the 2 wire must trigger the ecu to trigger the fan relay.

Yeah you were right the first time.
The ECU doesn't trigger the fan though, keep in mind in the early 90s tech was pretty basic, see pic related

Yeah must be. Watching Hondash, the fan kicks on shortly after 210F.

gotcha. I work on lots of vehicles and honda switches fail fairly rarely so I'm not too versed on their operation. I just know when the fans don't work to test the ground then the relay then the switch. thanks for that diagram.

Not a problem my dude

The honda cooling/temperature systems on obd1 are really redundant and kind of silly.

And here I was thinking it was just the one sensor by the thermostat housing.

Yeah there's actually 3 different things for the coolant.

However, if you ever need an override:

take the 2 wire plug that is at the thermostat housing and short the two wires together with a piece of wire or something, the fan will turn on regardless of what any sensor is reading

That's what the previous owner had going. That eventually killed the bearings in the fan but I also ended up replacing the whole harness because it was all chopped up.

>tfw I just bought a k&n sr intake for my shitty autotragic car with timing problems :^)

forgot pic

Horsepower gains are are gains, nihga.

C&C was cancelled this month because the city wants some crazy demands to be met or they're not allowed to host it at the current location. Guess it was worthy for local news.

Kinda convenient for me because the tabs expired so might as well get some classic plates for the time being.

>bad priorities
R u me?

yes. I am you from the future.
We stayed up too late shitposting and now we're fucked.

my ricer nihga

>Have AMG at car meet
>Somehow get into a fight because insecure manlet

youtube.com/watch?v=VpLPaQfRjjE

I've never been to a meet but I kinda wanna go.

>the pants on that AMG owner

kek he was fated that he get his ass kicked.

I really need to go to the New Orleans C&C. We have parking lots on the lakefront just for meets and nobody gets kicked out. Last month was even at the motorsports park.

The experience varies depending on how the meet operates. But if it's 200 cars or more, hosted during daylight hours, people will usually be very friendly and open for conversation. Pick up on some of the car meet lingo and talk about other people's cars and you'll be fine.

>pic related are city's demands if they want to keep their current location

I've been to a couple, worst thing to happen was security told some of the guys to stop revving and doing burnouts

>rent busses to transport people to a car show
Do they not know what a car show is?

I may be getting a fifth gen accord, LX trim, soon. I will also possibly have to put a new engine in it, so I was wondering if it an engine from a V6 accord will fit right into the non-V6 accord with no problems.

>running up on someone bigger than you and falling to your back

who tf did that guy think he was? he should have just called them jelly poorfags and drove off with his pride

Right? It's not huge like the state fair. But the location is way off in a suburb with small roads and lots of intersections. I waited in a line of cars not even two football fields long for over half an hour before I got turned away, so I can confirm the traffic was horrible.

Seriously, even if someone called the CM5 whack, I'd just be proud enough I've got one, bounce off the rev limiter a few times, and go about my business.

Answer my fucking question guys.

If you buy a 4 banger and drop a V6 in it, your front end is gonna sag like some old tits, you'll need to upgrade the front suspention to support the weight, or buy a V6 shell straight off the bat.

Car guys are so nice in my area. It's weird.

>at a car meet with Supras, GTRs, SW20s, NSXs, and other crazy shit
>i get a small crowd of five or six people asking about my beat up little shitbox

Gotcha, so if I do that, then I may as well just buy a V6 Accord.

What are my other options for engine swaps? I mean let's be real, I'll probably just source another non-V6 Accord engine back into it, but I'd like to know what is possible at the very least.

But otherwise, if I do the V6 engine, I'll have to touch up the front end suspension, which at that point, I may as well just redo the whole cars suspension.

Maybe a Prelude engine? Don't know the details but I'd love a fourth gen coupe with a fifth gen Prelude engine.

The CG accords are so old i'd do shocks n shit when buying one secondhand anyway. It's a good shell and both of the motor options use timing belts so the J30 is king with those coil packs.

I've never been to anything more than a smallish meet. Idk if its worth it.

>Not just having a meet at your house 24/7

I wish more bros lived near chicago

That's the fucking best color combo for it I swear

I like how the wheels look like TL Type-S wheels, just huge.

>still rainy out

Shiiiiet

It's supposed to be better this week.

>Oh I only have a couple things left to do, I should make a list

Fuck

Is Diane the white one? That's a hell of a list. I need to revise mine.

Cleetus is the orange one
Diane is the white one
Shelly is the red one

You should make a list.
It really helps

I try to keep one. It's slow going but it gets smaller.

That bushing bolt is fixed. Whoops.

step 2 is to try to accomplish 1 item per day/week/whatever

I try to do at least one small one per day

Yeah I still have the fog lights in a box and they've been sitting there forever. I'm just supremely lazy when I'm not at work unless it's urgent that I fix something.

Oh and the VTEC. There's a plug and play harness for that on eBay for cheap.

Well make a deal with yourself that you'll do 1 thing this week and 1 thing next week, etc.

The key to not being lazy is to start doing something, even if it's little.

Also adding vtec is quick and easy and you'll like the result, so maybe you should make that a goal for next week. I added vtec to diane in roughly 15 minutes for reference

Yeah the hardest part is starting but once I get started I end up being satisfied, unless something goes wrong. That'll be the next thing I get as soon as I get paid at 4am Friday morning. Then I can do a video of some before and after. Not sure how dramatic SOHC VTEC feels but I'll have footage of the very first crossover.