/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have a steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about "official" or not steam/discord groups, know it's a shitposter group known for raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore them.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 18th:
AD 37 – The Roman Senate annuls Tiberius's will and proclaims Caligula emperor.
633 – Ridda wars: The Arabian Peninsula is united under the central authority of Caliph Abu Bakr.
1229 – Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor, declares himself King of Jerusalem in the Sixth Crusade.
1241 – First Mongol invasion of Poland: Mongols overwhelm Polish armies in Kraków in the Battle of Chmielnik.
1438 – Albert II of Habsburg becomes Holy Roman Emperor.
1865 – American Civil War: The Congress of the Confederate States adjourns for the last time.
1940 – World War II: Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini meet at the Brenner Pass in the Alps and agree to form an alliance against France and the United Kingdom

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the archive.

>Developement Diaries
EU4 - 14/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-march-2017.1005196/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Pavón
reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/601ian/my_economy_is_in_shambles_after_becoming_a_great/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wu took North Korea at exactly the current border in Korea.

It's a flavour event that lets (You) choose between a republic, monarchy or presidential dictatorship.
Go repub for immigrants, monarchy for ebin whitiums argentiniums

going republic releases Buenos Aires with a fucking doomstack for some reason

Based HPM.
Can't you kill it?

POST PATRICIAN TIER COUNTRIES

there aren't enough divisions in the rest of south america do defeat that

>Post patrician countries to play in each game

>CK2
Byzantium
England
France
Sweden xDxD
gross muslimiums

EU4:
Byzantium
England
France
Sweden xDxD
gross muslimiums

V2:
Greece
Britain
France
Sweden xDxD
gross Arabiums

Hoi3:
Greece
UK
France
Sweden xDxD
gross muslimiums

Then stack the terrain against them and ally Brazil.
What do they war for anyway?

Proper Thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Pavón

reconquest

Can't ally Brazil because it's Reino Unido and relations decrease always down to -200

>copied my on this day to the letter
Why the fuck do you do this, R&I? They're literally the same OP.

You can, they just die pretty quickly, as in, in about 6 months. That gives them enough time to BTFO him.

Hmm, so if you let them win it would be game over?
Ebin..

ToT map mod, see pic related. Also, stop posting in steamcordplaza threads.

You can, lad, HPM does it for various events.

the middle option let me continue as a dictatorship without releasing Buenos Aires though

Hungary
Poland
China
Finland
Mongolia

>1793 and most of eastern north america still uncolonized
Anglo efficiency, lads.
Do that, then. But democratize as soon as you can for immigrants.

See

>democratize

I wish m8

>China
Literally annoying to play as in every game, prove me wrong.
>Ck2
doesn't exist
>EU4
Collapses
>V2
collapses
>Hoi3
collapses

Let jacobins win.

>KYS

>Proper Thread

>samefagging a thread made by some plebbit idiot.
hmmm

It is possible, lads, the units spawn with undermanned brigades, it's like when you build units and the pops subsequently die, they stay around for a while.

But once you get it going man.
You are unstoppable

Doesn't Buenos Aires spawn the units via a mobilization modifier like Paraguay does?

>dutch colombia
>english antilles
Why does EU4 not even try to simulate mixing with amerindians?
Yeah, but in EU4 that requires you to be literally anybody else, in V2 that takes 3/4ths of the game and in HoI3 it's easy but boring as fuck.

How the fuck do I beat the Poland-Lith Com. as Muscovy? These fucks are always demolishing my armies with their hordes.

Hey /gsg/, first ever EU4 campaign. How am I doing?

probably tbvqh but i cant back down now il look a clown now

>not taking shia arabia
>not taking Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon
Shit blob, m8.

Ally someone on their west, two front wars always destroy the AI.

mayo when?

Day of the shoe when?
Are you going for a WC or something? You're blobbing pretty fast.

>bloat, lad, and SJW mod
"no"

How do you know that, lad? You visit /r/paradoxplaza often?

Rob BTFO

Lads, you do know this isn't a steamcordplaza thread, right? It still has the warning
>We don't have a steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about "official" or not steam/discord groups, know it's a shitposter group known for raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
>Report and ignore them.

Next time R&I will create it at 650.

Screenshot this post.

I am? I got the conquer Levant mission as my second mission after Byzantine and that's 17 provinces. By the end of the campaign I want to control the Mediterranean.

I also vassalized Bosnia and Serbia, forced them to convert, and installed a family member of mine on the throne (which felt amazing). I want to force as much of Europe to be Sunni as possible, as well.

>Alex Grandi deleted my post
epic

>1501
>taken most of the territory the ottos had at max extent
Yeah. Where are you planning to go?

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/601ian/my_economy_is_in_shambles_after_becoming_a_great/

>liq 2 is a realistic economic simulator
VICKYKIDS BTFO

why is there so much autism about the first post in every thread?

>CK2
>Swedem Xd
>france
>mislim

>V2
>Britain
>France

You suck and your suck is worse when your making lits

Any ideas on ehat nations I should ally? I usually try to ally Bohemia or Hungary.

But the mission told me I had to conquer all of those provinces ;_;

I'm planning to finish that mission and then we'll so what comes next. Probably try to influence Europe by force converting people. See pic.

Eventually take more Mediterranean coastline. Any other suggestions?

>vic 2
>no prussia

Why are retards allowed to own computers.

Is Rosas based? Thinking of playing Buenos Aires.

/pol/

sux

lollipops

Rosas was crazy as fuck. He was like a proto-fascist. He made people wear this band in their arms, which says 'Long live the Federal Party, death to the filthy Unitarians'. He had some kind of Gestapo that made sure everyone wore it. It was like something taken from 1984

Bolivia and Entre Rios both rebelled

one down, Bolivia is next

what are you waiting for getting Paraguay

We should get an event so Spanish speaking countries from Latin America get other Spanish speaking cultures as accepted after a while. After all they are not very different. Blobbing in Latin America should be a bit easier

it didn't revolt

Sold

I wonder if it has any cool flags or if I'm gonna have to ask AFPG to make some.

Paraguay is rightful Argentine clay. Uruguay too, are you even into history?

Argentina should start with South Andean as accepted culture, and some provinces in the west and north-west should have South Andean culture too. Argentina is not a culturally homogenous country

How do I download mods for a pirated version of eu4? I can't access steam workshop nor the paradox forums..

they're my puppet

steamworkshopdownloader.com

>steamcordplaza is unironically reddit

>have diarrhoea, vomiting, and cramps
>heir is only 5 years old

what did you think the "plaza" part meant?

I'm going to make a few changes in HPM, particularly in demographics, and I'll then post if anyone is interested. It will change how population growth works so that countries don't end with gargantuan populations at end game.

k lads.

the shopping district where the steamcorders meet and plot their plans

I thought one of the problems with HPM was that countries never reached their real-life populations, not that it got too high

>falklands just out of shot
Top kek.
Also, why is Brazil Reino Unido?

It depends what countries. Some countries get too much people, others don't. Countries in the new world don't get enough immigrants so their population stay low. Countries like UK, Germany or France get too many people

>AFPG
RIP

This.

Napoopan mod

also not a single immigrant came here since the start, even though I'm a democracy and rushed a few reforms

bravo Grandi

>Grandi

World Conquest

Man why is incest so hot. I just found out my relative had an affair with her relative and she had a bastard daughter. Her relative has a kid already so I arranged for the two little'uns to be married. Hopefully their kid gets the inbred trait. I need a healthier fetish.

I wish immigration wasn't broken, would've been a good game

>kaiser betrothed to my daughter
>she's a homosexual
Sorry mate

>people don't want to leave europe
>the countries there are in peace and prospering
>wow this is broken if it doesn't happen the way I want it is broken

>Man why is incest so hot
because it's the purest form of love. don't fight it, just accept it my dude

There was no war in Ireland when half of its population left for the New World. There was no war in Italy when everyone left for the Americas.

Wu lad

There was poverty. Read the "prospering" part
The same situations that caused this might simply not exist in the mod you are playing since it's an alt-hist mod

But even if people is poor as fuck in those regions they wont emigrate. HPM is fucked up, because there is an option for forbiding emigration and AI always uses it. The only time people emigrate is when their provinces have been occupied by an enemy country

>But even if people is poor
are

>they wont emigrate.
Yes they will, people had long discussions about irish migration in early game

>HPM is fucked up
You aren't playing HPM lad

> because there is an option for forbiding emigration and AI always uses it.
The AI is literally set to use it only if they are a totalitarian government

Don't insult HPM ever again or you'll be deported from /gsg/ you hear me?!

When last we espied the progress of the victorious forces of the Guomin Geming Jun, Case Bai Qi--referred to by the superstitious footsoldiers as "Case Botokhui," after an old Mongol legend--had just reached completion. With over 150,000 Japanese forces destroyed in total and three IJN landings crushed, the Kwantung was scrambling to reach defensive positions along the border with Manchuria, and to somehow manage to find enough troops to sustain the massive losses taken due to the encirclement of their forces in Bai Qi. Premiere Jiang and Marshal He Yingqin are now ready to organize the Chinese response to the Japanese presence in Manchuria....

And we're back! Sorry for the long delay, but the AAR is on again and will remain on until it's done this time. This post backlinks to where we left off, as usual.

this will be one sided wont it
looks like there are only 3 cathocuck nations in the HRE although Austria is pretty big

people leave Europe, but the US take all the migrunts

fuck railroading pops mechanics

The Rosas flag situation is pretty bad. They are all identical. Should I use the alt Argentina flag for them?

Does Bueno Airs get any good events or decisions? or will I have to blob in africa to make it interesting?

So it goes from
>no one leaves europe everything is fucked
to
>waaah everyone is going to america muh railroading

It's the same thing in vanilla, actually HPM puts some sensible restrictions to immigration to the US and they get less immigrants while at war
Become a GP and give universal voting. It's not about your form of government, it's about your overall reforms, universal voting and GP status and stop crying about shit you don't understand

Just delete USA

>tfw not intelligent enough to narrate my playthroughs except CK2 and even then it's mediocre at best.
Keep it up though.

>>no one leaves europe everything is fucked

I never said this you massive retard

>give universal voting

I would if I could

+1
I mix between half memes and have RPing.

With the front line finally in operational position and the IJN landings at Qingdao neutralized, Jiang and He organize plans for the occupation of Manchuria and Korea, which will effectively end the Japanese imperial project on the mainland.

The first operational plan is Wanchun Chubu, or "Ten Thousand Armies Ride Out." Although perhaps slightly poetic, its importance is justified: not only does the Guomin Geming Jun intend to capture and try the puppet-emperor and pretender to the throne Pu Yi, they also seek to capture the critical Kwantung army office at Dalian, which represents the major linkage between the Kwantung and operational support from Tokyo. If it falls, it is almost certain that the Kwantung itself will begin to topple shortly thereafter, leaving the IJA garrison in Korea as the only force left to resist the Guomin Geming Jun's expansion.

Yet, as with Operation Yanqiu, Wanchun Chubu is but an initial and positioning operation for the larger operation that will follow it. Although the fall of Dalian is critical for the end of the Kwantung, what could be more devastating to Japan than the loss of its largest and most economically mighty colony, Korea?

>I never said this you massive retard
>even if people is poor as fuck in those regions they wont emigrate. HPM is fucked up, because there is an option for forbiding emigration and AI always uses it

>I would if I could
>He's crying about emigration not working in a mod that he isn't playing when he doesn't even understand how it works
wew

What is the Keith Ledger of Victoria II?

that wasn't him