Cheap obd2 hud

cheap obd2 hud
yay or nay?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Universal-Car-GPS-HUD-Head-Up-Digital-Speedometer-MPH-KM-h-Speed-Warning-System-/252717902131
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

for what fucking purpose.
stop being a ricer.

so it's easier to look at my current speed?
if there's a simpler obd that's cheaper than this and only displayed the current speed. I'd buy it over this.

How much is it? What about torque pro and an android phone with the bafx Bluetooth adapter?

$38
I prefer just having a display that's directly connected to the car without needing a phone.

No, the one's that just reflect onto the windscreen are a shit

guess I can get something like this
ebay.com/itm/Universal-Car-GPS-HUD-Head-Up-Digital-Speedometer-MPH-KM-h-Speed-Warning-System-/252717902131

I've had one for like 2 years. Gets me compliments and people think my car is brand new because it has it.

The best part is I upgraded from 17s to 19s and corrected the speedo on the hud easily.

do you really need a fucking autism display to tell you your speed instead of looking at the needle?

anything that cuts down the amount of time not looking at the road is beneficial, stop being a child.

Most OBD2 speed refresh rates suck - check yours first or you may be disappointed

literal autism

I've been using that same one for a couple of years now and it's been working fine. Yeah, you could just look down at the speedometer, but it's nice having it in your line of view.

nay, manual gauges are the best

I went whole hog and and got a Navdy. $299 preorder, waited two years for it. I like it a lot. (Now sells for $499).

My brother bought one of the cheap chinese ones and it pales in comparison, but it's also a lot smaller and a fuck of a lot cheaper. For him, it gets the job done.

Just bear in mind that depending on the manufacturer the speedo may read lower than the needle - in my Ford fusion, the cruise control programmed speed and needle position are one mph above the actual speed (which is reported to my HUD as my actual). In other cars the difference can be larger. Also, as others have said, cheap OBDII interfaces can have a really disappointing refresh rate. Not a problem in my Navdy but a lot of cheaper chinese OBDII devices will use knockoff ELM327 chips that have shit compatibility with certain vehicles and horrible refresh rates.

I'ma hop in here to ask this: my ap3s adhesive peeled off cause I placed it badly on my dash. I'd really like to have it hooked back up and display shit to make sure my fp and other shit is fine along with shift light. Anyone got an idea of replacement adhesive to use without damaging the dash?

I like 3M VHB Foam Tape, which is what most good car accessories will use on them. Sticks to windshields and the dash well, shouldn't damage things when removed (I've removed items using it from the glass/dash in several cars anmd never had an issue). Try to adhere it in a warm environment (at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit) and apply gentle pressure to the tape/item being applied to the dash for a minute afterwards.

If you're not sure if the surface you're applying it to is clean, get a glasses cleaner/alcohol wipe and clean the surface first, then wait a few minutes for the alcohol to evaporate.

Might be cheaper in person at a store like staples than Amazon, check the prices.

Thanks user, I think that was my main issue was applying the original in winter at like 30 degrees and I didn't clean it too well lol

Yeah, the recommended apply temp is 70-100F and the minimum apply temp is either 50F or 60F depending on the exact tape. So there's your problem.

70 - 100? Fuq it's may and currently 50 degrees, I think I'm just gonna have to sit there with a blow dryer.

Usually with sun coming through the windows and the windows closed, most cars will heat up throughout the day if parked outside. It depends on the color of your dash.

Using a blow dryer to heat up the surface of your dash is fine as long as you are careful about it and don't burn/scorch your dashboard.