/bmw/ × BMW General

B a y e r i s c h e
M o t o r e n
W e r k e

Previous thread. ↙↙
We finally hit bump limit again edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/6108644187.html
lakecharles.craigslist.org/cto/6113414966.html
houston.craigslist.org/cto/6117115871.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Kxwj_ph2oKk
pullman.craigslist.org/ctd/6084592696.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bad wheel bearings? Do you hear a rattling noise at speed occasionally?

If you want to put some money into making it look newer it seems decently built.

>Bad wheel bearings? Do you hear a rattling noise at speed occasionally?
No noise at all. When I picked up the car from the indy mechanic today I asked if it could be the wheel bearing and he said not all at. There's no noise or anything.

It used to shake really badly when I first had the car whenever I drove +55mph and then I had the control arms replaced and tires aligned and now it shakes at +70mph. When I'm over 70 and press on the pedal the shaking goes away but as soon as I let off it starts shaking again. Any ideas?

Prop shaft bearing thingy whatever the fuck it's called

hartford.craigslist.org/cto/6108644187.html
>mfw a manual version of my meme machine for 10% of what I paid a couple of years ago.

I also got to change my oil filter housing gasket, keeps burning and leaking oil, just need to find the time. Anyone ever tackle it before?

>$500
Probably could piece that thing out and make x3 the money

Does it lose power? Does it shake the gearshift violently?
Had that happen to my Volvo, was the ignition coils.

Why did you post a pic from March you humongous faggot?

>shake the gearshift
disregard I suck dicks, I meant the shifter

Giubo?

>overweight
>understeer
>fake engine noises into cabin
>cant make its own gearbox
>its gearbox is not memorable or anything worth buying
>their cars have been consistently losing in every race
>the lowest reliability among German cars
>highest depreciation (shitty M sticker cars losing 30k in less than 2 years)
>mostly plastic interior
>overpriced for what you get
>looks like dog shit compared to its competition
>sounds like dog shit compared to its competition
>its 1% market share in the US reflects how bad the brand is

sage

>cape buffalo interior
>glorious V12 sound of nothingness
>bomb proof engine
>costs buttons to maintain with a bit of knowhow
7 series a best

New blinker housing. Gonna sand rust down, apply anti-corrosion stuff and paint over it on all rusty places on fenders.

Looking better already!

Have you tried putting a new set of wheels and tires on? It could be the rims are not properly seated on the hub. I had aftermarket wheels on and it would do exactly what you are saying, and I bought a set of OEM rims and its completely gone.

Pic related my 540i

drive shaft coupler. swapped them out in my dodge recently. it's a relatively fun job if you have good access to the bolts... until you shear the bolts on the center support bearing. remember to mark the driveshaft, diff and gearbox before ripping it apart

I had to bend the fender out a bit because it was dented inwards. The problem is, it's not going to look better because I didn't buy ascotgruen paint. It's going to have grey patches. Which I don't mind honestly, I already ruined the look with stickers so it can't get much worse.
The goal ATM is to have a shitbox that drives and doesn't rust too much.

lakecharles.craigslist.org/cto/6113414966.html

Posted this in the last thread that was already dead. As bmw fags, what do you think of this?

Just do a rusted fender, then it will rust as much as it is supposed to.

LADS?
houston.craigslist.org/cto/6117115871.html
Am I stupid for wanting this as a secondary car for kicks ?

Not really

Well shoot. Maybe I will...Z3 seems fun

Isn't that like a 3 series in a fancy dressing? Doubt your bog standard M50 6 pot is going to give you any problems, especially when manual.

I need a new speakers for my e46. Any suggestions?

Yea it's rebuilt but I'm not worried about engine problems. I just hate replacing suspension parts but maybe it's solid. Just have to convince myself so I really need a second car or even want it that much.

vanity plate came in the mail
can't wait to actually get the wing on, waiting on stiffer rear springs because the current ones can't handle the downforce lmao

That wing is probably stalling at that angle.

I haven't adjusted the angle yet, previous owner's trunk sloped down a bunch so it's set to a super high angle of attack.

>understeer
That's Audi
Burgers disliking them should be an argument in their favor, everybody knows burgers have shit taste

>oil filter housing gasket
2/10 difficulity. Probably ~2 hours if you don't remove the intake. Just check the actual face of the gasket housing with a straight edge to detect warpage. And torque down the housing to the block with a star pattern while making sure the bolts go back in their correct holes. If you don't do both then the 4 o'clock bolt is going to loosen and it'll leak again. Make sure to fill the housing & filter with oil then fill through the valve cover.

>everybody knows burgers have shit taste
Fuck you ,the Audi TT is the best roadster of the 00's

>Fuck you ,the Audi TT is the best roadster of the 00's
The NOT 350z ? Kek

about to sell this b*tch because I don't want to spend the $2600 to repair everything it needs :/ I'll hopefully be upgrading to a fiesta st tho so there's that

318s are notoriously underpowered. Maybe get if it has low miles, otherwise, I'd pass. You can find a 325(i)(s) for that much

>trading any BMW for any ford

Would *you* sink $2600 into an eta? I'm getting a deal on the fiesta (read: my parents are paying for half of it) so I don't really care

what exactly does it need? i can hardly think of anything that would total up to that much unless you were sending it to a shop to do it

Timing belt, alignment, spark plugs, power steering (either fix what's in it or change the rack and pinions) among other things. I don't have somewhere to work on it currently and I'm way too busy to do so because of school so I took it to a shop whose owner I'm friendly with. They quoted me $2600 to fix everything so that I'd be able to daily it no worries and I really don't want to spend that much on an eta

We should Socal BMW meet

Bimmerfest or Big Socal Euro?

Or just come to Cars and Coffee.

I've put way more into my cars than theyre worth, but that's because of sentimental value.
Will your parents pitch in for something like an e46? Or are they bent on making you drive a ford?

First time posting on /g/
My dad just got this preowned convertible 650i from 2012 for 25k€ + his '00 BMW Z3 + his '05 BMW 520i.
407 CV, it's a beast. It's also full equipped, it even has night vision camera.
What do you think?

Just because of the way we're going to be buying it (under my father's company) they want it to be a new car. The fiesta is the only new car at around $20k that I'm interested in. I was looking at used 330is (to maybe bring up as a possibility) but the hatch is just such a convenience. Ideally, I'd keep the e30 and get the fiesta also but I don't have anywhere to store it since my parents don't want it at their home anymore.

To be honest, I don't even know if I'd eventually even go back to it. I'd rather someone else do something cool with it given how good of shape the body and interior are in

Reposting pic

And I blew it... sorry Veeky Forums

> cars & coffee
Yeah man I am not going to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn to see some cars lmao

I'm down for Bimmerfest though

There are hundreds of cars there at Aliso. Lots of BMWs.

Plus it isn't blazing hot at that time.

Seems a bit steep for that...

Opinions on the E65?

youtube.com/watch?v=Kxwj_ph2oKk

If i can afford the maintenance, and i am one of the very few people who actually like how it looks, what is there to look out for?

>especially in the v12? (eventhough im more likely to get a 745/750)

hey /bmw/ i'm picking up a 2004 bmw 325i with 130k miles on it for $1,000 from a family friend. What are the first things I should do when i get it

Check the LCA and RTABs. Suspension items are depressing.

thanks will do
is there any aftermarket parts worth getting that are under 700$ or is it better to leave everything stock?

Do the cooling system

New set of inner & outer tie rods can go a long way if yours are old
Pads, good fluid, tires is always a given
Look into konis or solowerks coilovers if you want something sporty feeling that's not going to cost you as much as you paid for the car but also not suck ass

Nevermind me, I'm just bored.

Best BMW color go.
Personal favourite is Techno Violet.

Techno Violet
Hellrot
Dakar Yellow
Laguna Seca Blue

Hard to pick just one

Hellrot/Japanrot/Electric red

laguna seca blue
madeira violet

Have you ever walked away from your car without looking back at it?

Are you implying there are people who don't?

Plenty of soulless plebs see their car as a tool and nothing else.

Glad I've never met anyone like that, feels good to hang out with autismolords.

Fuck I thought I was the only person that actually does this every time.

How should I ruin this car? Old school rice with enormous wings, neons and shit or new wave rice with "carbon" hood, ton of cancerous /osg/ crap to stickerbomb fenders and shit? A 12" sub is going into the trunk either way for dat dank bass.

530 vee ayte autotragic. Surprisingly well equipped though, electrically adjustable leather seats, self levelling suspension, extended MFD and so on.

No lol kinda hard not to
muh attentionmobile

dont ruin it?

It must be done. It was a 300 buck shitbox that barely passed emissions

i don't think you quite fit in this general

we actually care about our cars

kindly fuck off

C'mon now senpai, I'd gotten it crushed ages ago and wouldn't have bothered fixing it all into working condition if I didn't care for it.

literally tell me why i shouldn't.

look at E38 guy

he's already got two v12's and he seems to be doing fine. And i think im just as mechanically inclined.

Because I will murder you in your sleep.
>tfw can't afford a nice E31
>been thinking about buying one on finance

Been eyeing e30s for a while. Does this look like a good deal?
pullman.craigslist.org/ctd/6084592696.html

They also have an 94 e32 7 series at the lot.

based on the info given i wouldn't buy it. i can't even find a price. it's automatic which drops the fun factor a bit for me. i also wouldn't buy something like that without some maintenance records. you could be walking into a money pit if the cooling system hasn't been replaced, timing belt, liquids changed etc

N54 JB4 BMW Performance Tuner.

Someone explain a total noob what htis is and why I should buy and install it myself

lastpage bump

not going to 404 tonight!

I just got on to check it haha.

06 330i 130k miles for around 4k yay or nay

How trashed is it for that price?

Depends on service history.

Yay

auto or manual? Ever change the trans fluid?

Auto, previous owner changed a while ago, I got them changed a month ago

'New' BMW owner here.
Bought a '98 540i with 240K miles. The only thing really wrong with it was an oil leak. Got the valve cover gasket replaced, and it looks like it's holding. I'm planning on using it as a daily driver. Assuming I don't plan on taking it above 80 MPH, and I get the oil changed when it needs to, what are my odds of having it leak again?

hmm

It gets worse

Painted over all rusty places. At least it won't rust now right?
Right??
I hope...

Ayy

>no ABS, ASC/DSC lights

don't worry then.

This hits too close to home.

>overweight
>understeer
>fake engine noises into cabin
>cant make its own gearbox
>its gearbox is not memorable or anything worth buying
>their cars have been consistently losing in every race
>highest depreciation (shitty M sticker cars losing 30k in less than 2 years)
>mostly plastic interior
>looks like dog shit compared to its competition
>sounds like dog shit compared to its competition

sage

USDM m3, why tho?

535xi e60 here
I have fuel leaking and 155k miles
Seems like gas but could also be oil since there seems to be backpressure coming from the "breather"
What do?
Pretty new to cars and stuff so what are things I could check?
It is also worth noting that high pressure fuel pumps tend to go fast on these cars and the turbo actuator a lot of play
Please help
If nothing else I'll just sell to a dealership

Ask a forum dedicated to thay specific car, they'll be more helpful than a Veeky Forums general.

I'm this guy

So I'm no expert, but Google it. BMW seems to have a risky business - either it's easy to fix, or you're out several thousand dollars.

First thing I'd do is get a rag/napkin and dab up some of your fluid, to determine what the hell is coming out. You can narrow it from there like Sherlock Holmes

Thoughts? I'm just looking for a new DD/winter beater. Should I just get a Mazda3 instead?