Would you rather a fox body or a sn-95 mustang? The fox in question makes more power, 95 is mostly stock

Would you rather a fox body or a sn-95 mustang? The fox in question makes more power, 95 is mostly stock.

Other urls found in this thread:

maximummotorsports.com/1987-89-Mustang-hardtop-Sport-Box-P194.aspx
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6115442685.html
timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_Championships/Eastern State 2016 Watkins Glen International/Official/Group C Championship Official.pdf
timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_Championships/Western States 2016 Buttonwillow Raceway/October 16 - Group D (NP01, SU, ST1-3, AI).pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=xNoxgMlLJPI
youtube.com/watch?v=OYHTYgUALWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sn95

What year is the sn95? Actually, doesn't matter, unless you love the fox look the sn95 is the better car. If I had to do it again I'd get a 94-95 SN95 for the 5.0 and the SN95 chassis upgrades. I'm assuming both are v8 manuals.

Foxbody

Every single 95 I've ever seen has been treated like shit and they're falling apart, inside and out.

SN95

much better car
not ugly as fuck either

who would ever want an sn95??????????????

worst model maybe besides the mustang and that is cutting it close

Bubble Back Capri

Its great compared to the rounded ass early sn95

New edge cobras are ok but still

nope

Foxbody is worst Mustang without any competition

only one Id be embarrassed to be seen in

fox

2000 GT, has saleen bumpers which I don't know how I feel about. looks well kept. anyone know which has more headroom, the 04 probably had enough but wasn't great.

>literally an improved fox chassis
>worst
>not the Mustang ii
How tall are you? I fit in my fox at 6'3, sn95 might have slightly less IIRC.

6'4

>Saleen kit

I'd pass man. That shit hasn't aged well.

That might be cutting it close but I think you can do it. What sucks is you won't have an adjustable steering wheel. You will have an airbag though. Worst case scenario you could maybe find a used corbeau seat for cheap and fit that in it, might lower the seat height a few inches.

fox mustangs are great looking cars

>205 HP from a fucking 302 CID engine
>absolutely disgusting weight balance

Why would anyone actually want a Foxbody?

Fox of course.

its not like the engine has a huge aftermaket and is relatively light

>factory specs
wew lad

it's also not like the thing can corner either.
I'd go for an F-body over a Fox/SN95 just purely for the handling.

The engine is deliberately choked. They're super cheap to get 300+ crank out of with literal junkyard parts.

lol its not like it has a massive aftermarket to make it handle extremely well and is light unlike those pigfat camaros

This one should make over 350, I don't know how these drive I guess I need to drive it I just don't want to waste the guy's time.

"Extremely" might be an overstatement

Holy shit dude forget the sn95. Get that fox if it's in good condition. What's he done to it? Heads, cam, intake manifold, exhaust, headers?

the only year that looks half decent is 82

the rest are ugly as hell

yas

lmao

yeah that 1-300 lbs is so much

Fox is a shit platform the fact that you have to keep bringing up aftermarket just proves that

except the F-body aftermarket is just as large and diverse. Try again when you do some research. Anything you can get for a Mustang, you can get for one of the F-twins.

You'd have to spend a lot and do a lot of labor but he is technically correct thanks to maximum motorsports. Them being truly awful is a meme, but an f body is no question better stock for stock.

many many companies making cheap kits to make it handle extremely well you cant get the performance out of an f body for the same price

oh and besides who the fuck keeps a car stock?

Dude. Do you actually own a fox? I do. It's not cheap and not easy. I've done the math. It can be done, but not easily.

yep fox not a mustang though and its literally the cheapest option out of any car you can get ive done the math

The rear wanders. The steering angle is somewhat limited. It's front heavy. Four-eyes might have a 4 speed toploader transmission instead of a modern feeling T-5.

umm you can get the same thing for F-bodies?

modifications dont make a car not shit
you just sugar coated it

confirmed for having done zero research whatsoever.
You can get better handling from an F-body for less than you'd spend to get the fox to corner like a stock F-body. It is not cheap to get a Fox to handle.

If you mean straight line shit, the 305 was shit but the 350 is king.

ha holy shit qa1 what fucking garbage do you put on your car

meanwhile he thinks the shit he puts on a garbage chassis is good

maximummotorsports.com/1987-89-Mustang-hardtop-Sport-Box-P194.aspx

ayy lmao

Really now? A new k member, front control arms, new struts, a rear torque arm conversion, larger front calipers, rear disk swap, SFCs, torque box reinforcement, a Panhard bar, rear lower control arms, that's all cheap and easy?

>he needs to spend over 1.5k to match a stock F-car in handling

meanwhile you spend the same on a Fbody (which is already better) get what I posted above and still kick a Foxes ass in the corners and the straights

Yeah this dude is retarded. That's not even including the torque arm to fix the rear geometry completely nor the new front k member and control arms to fix the front geometry.

ive never see an f body go for the same price as an sn95 or fox and with that 1600 it would kick the fuck outta of an f body and you can actually find one with a stick

I like Mustangs. But if you want to corner, the F-body cars have ALWAYS been better.

Just last month there was an IROC-Z in my area for $1500

fun fact maximum motorsports didnt even mess with the front geometry they said its pretty great stock

Uh, what is their k member for 300 dollars alex?

i will admit stock for stock an f body is way better at handling but once you start diving into aftermarket a fox will stomp the shit outta of an f body any car guy worth their salt works on their car

lolwat

Foxbodies are overpriced garbage

I could get a LS1 powered Fbody for less than what people want for them and LT1s easy as fuck to find

third gens are even cheaper

new crate motor, looks like the whole car has been gone through looks like a great deal but it would stretch my budget.

because you cant modify an Fbody or anything

its cool that you have to modify your car to try and keep up with a stock car that btfos you with the same amount put into it tho

lol i didnt say stock vs modified i said modified vs modified

>but once you start diving into aftermarket a fox will stomp the shit outta of an f body any car guy worth their salt works on their car
not really. The Fox cars really can't compete The only things they have going for them is the lighter weight, and the oversquare 302 V8 versus Chevy's undersquare 305.

But you put the same work into an F-body and it WILL murder the Mustang. The F-twins have JUST as large an aftermarket. Stop using that as your only defense.

>i will admit stock for stock an f body is way better at handling but once you start diving into aftermarket a fox will stomp the shit outta of an f body

k

and a F body will destroy a Fox with the same money put into it

See if you can jew him down. The thing is this thing won't need mods or anything if the handling's been touched a bit as well. Or just wait for another affordable car you like, mustangs are a dime a dozen.

literally cheapest v8 f body is 6500 and its an auto no thank you sir and then you can find a fox for half of that and its a stick

wrong guy meant

what the fuck does an "improved chasis" actually do that would make you choose it?
its not like you're gonna be towing with a mustang, and if you plan on crashing it then you shouldn't be buying either

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6115442685.html
fight me faggot. You're not looking hard enough.

timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_Championships/Eastern State 2016 Watkins Glen International/Official/Group C Championship Official.pdf

other than you know mustang have always dominated in racing

timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_Championships/Western States 2016 Buttonwillow Raceway/October 16 - Group D (NP01, SU, ST1-3, AI).pdf

My brother has this car lol!

the whole improved chassis thing kinda only has its merits with the whole you can have wider wheels thing other than that its really not that much better

there is a manual LS1 Firebird on my CL for 6500

there is a modified 350 manual Firebird for $2900

cheapest 5.0 is $3500 for a dented and rusted 1986 with a shitty interior and headers

oh look. The Mustang has more people willing to dump money into a furnace.
Moving on...

the maximum motorsports k member is of course better but they themselves have said that the stock geometry is good

so your saying you would want to keep your f body stock? its a hobby every single hobby you can get is a money pit

Then he must have just stolen it out of my garage.

Jesus dude are you high? That stock Ackerman is good? Fuck no.

fox body
youtube.com/watch?v=xNoxgMlLJPI
youtube.com/watch?v=OYHTYgUALWo

He did lol!

Third gen f bodies with the 350 are all automatic. If you want a stick you're stuck with the shitty 305.

Disk brakes, 5 lug, wider control arms in the front (better ackermann) stiffer due to roof structure.

I'm saying the F-body teams don't have as big a budget dipshit.

On the upside, the 350 just slots right in with no need to change anything.

all things fixed by the junkyard or aftermarket you guys sound lazy

if your fbody needs so much less money than that point is null all these cars are heavily restricted to basically stock suspension

BS

Control arm mounting points are unrestricted on all cars but may not violate any rules herein (i.e.
frame modification or IRS
rules). so bolt on griggs or maximum motorsports stuff for mustangs idk about f body cars

How is turd gen headroom?

It's work and money. That being said, the fox OP's looking at has a nice engine so it's better value. I don't like working on even a rust-free car, although I'll do it for the sake of money.

thats wrong af

a quick google of the rules prove that

and you call yourself a car guy?

literally just posted a section from it stock mounting points of frame meaning you can hack up the rear of the car you have to run 4 link panhard bar or irs on a mustang and front suspension is literally maximum motorsports bolt on shit

thats not basically stock suspension you fucking retard

why Fbodies always winning when its actually stockish spec racing

and they likely let Mustangs run aftermarket and force Fbodies to use oem since Mustangs are shit like they do with the CMC (pic related)

champions last year were still Fbodies

still arguing stock? your f body is gets its shit pushed in on the corners with a s197 and they literally go for the same price on my craigslist except for i can find them in manual

except the fact remains that both the Camaro and Mustang have bolt in IRS solutions that could get around those rules.

oh and most of GM cars run restricted engines too while some Mustangs are allowed engine mods

this retard brings up basically stock then gets proved wrong and damage controls

lmao

whatever enjoy your shit you deluded fanboy

Mustangs are garbage

a S197 is still slower than a 90s Fbody around the track and in a straight line

? i was pointing out the fact that comparing stock for stock is retarded because theres always another car that is better stock a car really shows its worth in the aftermarket

the bolt in irs for an f body is 7 grand other than that you have to modify the car extensively in comparison to bolt an 8.8 irs into a fox

and?

difference is a Fbody isnt complete shit without aftermarket

fair enough, but the options exist.

s197 is a great car without aftermarket and so is the foxbody and sn95

Why are you autist even arguing over what lolcantturn barge turns better??

look home slice i love turd gens theyre amazing cars on of my favorite i would love to own one some day but mustangs dominate aftermarket, racing, price etc its how its always been

The SN95 just looks like a normal woman's car. Its the rounded edges. New Edge was a lot better.

But god damn I love the Fox Body.

no theyre not

theyre all awful unless you lower standards

>its how its always been
except when they lost.
1968 and 1969 Trans Am series want a word with you. GM had a rule against sponsoring race teams from the 1960s right up until the C5 Corvette launched.

Fox Body Capris look like S197s if they were made in the 80s

to me driving a 90s f body would be lowering my standards its all opinion at this point

trans am is neat but there was still competition in not manufacturer sponsored events and the cheapness and other things that have changed over the years the mustang still dominated