Buying First Car

Hello Veeky Forums, this is my first time on here, and I thought it would be cool to try it out. I am a junior in highschool and I am thinking of purchasing my first car. The problem is I don't know much about cars in general. The car (pic related) I plan to buy is the Mitsubishi 3000gt. I've wanted this car since freshman year because one of my senior friends drove one and it was so beautiful. I happened to find one for sale near me in a town 20 minutes away by some chance. This 3000GT for sale is automatic, the mileage is 98k. I've saved up money from a job and I have a little over 8,000$ saved up. This car is listed as 6000$, what do you guys think? Should I make this purchase? Are there more things I should research?

>3000GT
>first car
FUCK NO! Run away from that pile of unreliable shit as fast as you can.

you need to be 18 or older to post on this site

$8,000 is pretty high for a 3000GT.

Your first car should be something with proven reliability as you don't know much about cars. You can buy a sports car in a year or two, when you're done high school and shit hits you in college that you need to study and become something.

Would not recommend the 3000GT. It's not for those who don't know anything about cars. Parts are scarce. Costs to maintain will be high.

Get something newer, safer, and simpler. I recommend fleet cars. Dodge Charger, Chevy Impala, Chrysler 300C, Ford Taurus, the newer the better. They'll keep you safest as they're full size sedans and you're a novice driver, they'll be cheap to repair as they're fleet cars, and they're easy to work on.

You'll also be more popular with a car that can haul people around, no joke. People will do anything for someone who can give them a ride here and there.

Having owned one, its a nice car that I can appreciate. Are there much better cars? Yes.

That's far to much money to spend on that platform. It's nothing special anymore, it just looks cool. If you said $3k, sure.

buy a civic for 3k.

i have one sitting outside, ill tell you it is a fufilling car (exhaust was done, also has a boost controller and blow off valve, the clutch is the stiffest it can possibly get, AC is blown...actually just about everything on the car is a fucking pain but it makes you work your ass off and rewards you generously with a great sound, great handling, a nice in cab layout, good power, and a smooth ride, it really personifies the GTO as a type of car very well. with all that said, GET A MANUAL! you might not appreciate it yet but you soon will, having control of your car is why we love them so much. Also, ill say, its very hard now to get parts for that car, neigh impossible to find certain things like a carbon fiber hood and being able to mod your car is going to be important once you realize how cool cars are

You spam that shit everywhere or is this a meme here? Does it matter what year and mileage??? What about a corolla? Is a 2010 with 100k plus ok?? For more than 7 k$??

$8k is overpriced
They're also very difficult and expensive to maintain. Lots of unique parts

Burger education at its finest.
He said he saved up 8k and the car is listed at 6k

$6k is still overpriced

do you plan on meticulously taking care of it? are you willing to spend a few thousand dollars fixing the things that go wrong? if you are, sure get a 3000GT.
if not, just buy a corolla or civic or something.

Can you not read?
Get
A
Civic
For
$3k

Fuck everyone in the comments. YES get it. I was planning on buying one for 3000 but when i drove all the way out there it broke on the test drive, theyre fantastic cars

Even if there is nothing wrong with it it's a 20 year old car and like my 15 year old car shit is gonna break

I'm running two 13 year old cars.
Nothing wrong with them.
Maybe you should stop buying garbage?

Stop driving like a faggot grandma

Underage b&

I hope you like fixing things user.

Like others said not the best choice.

not OP - should I get an MR2 as a first car?

Op buy a civic for 3k