/hg/ - Halo General

Failure Edition

>Halo Wars 2 is now available in stores
- A new campaign showcasing the fate of the Spirit of Fire crew following the events of the first game
- Competitive multiplayer with new units, leaders, and abilities
- A brand new "Blitz" multiplayer card game mode
- Features the "Play Anywhere" program, syncing game progress and stats between Xbox One and Windows 10
- 60 achievements for 1000 gamerscore

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc. (WIP)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/patch-party

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>PC Section
coming soon™

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
youtube.com/watch?v=O-x-1kS6TpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for flag caps

Second for FUCK CE LASO

What makes chief a COOL GUY, but locke a boring ninny?

In CE, Chief came back for Keyes twice despite being ordered not to, got sassy with Cortana when she started getting really bitchy around the middle, and juggled a grenade as an answer to blowing up Halo.
Locke is just a fan of green lights.

Locke has 0 personality while Chief has at least cracked a few jokes.
A lot of Chief's behavior is bland but in CE his first line of dialogue is still a joke, he's had a few of those.

Somewhat of a character, which they refused to do for Locke

Didn't realize we had a new thread.

Anyway report "LessThan 90 IQ" for unsporting conduct. Specifically, team killing with a scout hog.

The Rookie has more personality than Locke, and he doesn't even have a voice.

Because Rookie and Chief is a playable character while Locke is an OC donus steel that 343 tried to front their mystery plot

>last 10 area matches have been determined by one person quitting

>we don't live in the timeline where the Rookie, Thorne, not shitter Locke, and not shitter Palmer make up fireteam osiris
>We don't get to play as the Rookie as he does detective shit to hunt Blue Team
>The Rookie will never be in any halo game ever again because the fucks at 343 killed him off for no fucking reason at all
I fucking loved the Rookie, he didn't say shit but acted like a badass.

I enjoyed playing as him more then I did the Chief in CE because of how Rookie was actually alone in New Mombosa.

It would have been a lot better if he wasn't going around punching brute chieftains to death and you had to actually be scared of getting into fights but Rookie was cool because he got shit done anyway

Goddamn Frontier is pretty

What's that?

the map from Haah Waaws 2. Whatever is wrong with that game's story and gameplay the visuals are great and the designs are on point

Fucking eggheads

DELETE THIS

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #293.
The featured map is "Infinity"

And with that, we have run through all the maps for Halo: Combat Evolved. What a journey it's been since Blood Gulch was used in thread #185 as the first corresponding map for these posts. It helps to serve as a reminder that as we move forward towards thread #300 and beyond, we always remember the game that started it all, without which there would be no /hg/ to begin with.

>Previous 50 threads
#292 - Kinsano #291 - Hayabusa #290 - I Want to Believe #289 - Implying #288 - Re-Write #287 - Place Your Bets IV
#286 - Exploration
#285 - Warthog Rush
#284 - Let 'Volir
#283 - Dinos Playing Hoop
#282 - Standard
#281 - Halo Wars 2
#280 - Ultimate
#279 - Early Access
#278 - War of Wits
#277 - Imminent Hexagons
#276 - Soon
#275 - Never Forget
#274 - Opinions
#273 - Halo Wars is the only good Halo
#272 - Definitive
#271 - Blitz
#270 - Inauguration
#269 - Also on PC
#268 - Halo Wars
#267 - LOL Cards XD
#266 - Pulse
#265 - An Image for Drones
#264 - 2017
#263 - New Years Eve
#262 - Golden Shee
#261 - Christmas
#260 - 20 Pounds of Pussy and Ass
#259 - Betrayed by the Euros
#258 - Scripting
#257 - Place Your Bets III
#256 - Monitor's Bounty
#255 - Wrath of Balaho
#254 - Finish the Fight
#253 - New Friends
#252 - Baby Chief
#251 - Primoridal will Never be in a Game
#250 - 15th Anniversary
#249 - Full Scale Replica
#248 - Cool Clubs
#247 - Down but not Out
#246 - No New Content
#245 - Forge is Hard
#244 - Haloween

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

TOO
BIG

TOOOOOOOOOOO

>#185
Where has the time gone

BIG

The Xbox one launched 4 years ago

So CE has the least maps out of all the games? I thought it had more than some others.

CE launched with more maps than most of the other ones did but it has virtually no DLC outside of the 6 gearbox maps on the PC release.

people born in 1999 are 18

youtube.com/watch?v=O-x-1kS6TpQ
HE IS NO LONGER /ourguy/!

But he's right. Halo 4's campaign is garbage

Dis you actually watch the video? Because that's not the conclusion he comes to.

Is revealing chiefs face the most kino moment in Halo history

I had fun with it, but yeah

>those crows feet
So much for muh superior genes

It's probably due to Combat stress.
Most vets don't age well.

>Combat Evolved
Launched with 13, total 19

>Halo 2
Launched with 12, total 25

>Halo 3
Launched with 11, total 24

>Reach
Launched with 9, total 21

>Halo 4
Launched with 13, total 25

>Halo 5
Launched with 9 (7 if you don't count remixes), total 22 (19 if you don't count remixes that are essentially the same map with tweaks)

>essentially the same map

Chief is a legitimate badass while Locke is a wannabe badass.

>tfw to smart to like Bungie's Halo

What happened to snapping apps? I just want to watch PR while playing Halo REEEEE

Not all of them.
Molten and The Rig for instance are very different. But Torque/Stasis and Empire/Eden are essentially the same map. They play slightly differently, but they're essentially the same map.

Put reach's total back down to 9, because you can't even play the DLC ones any longer.

It's kinda pathetic how few maps reach had, did bungie think forge would make up for it so much?

Can't be a real scene. Right?

>Put reach's total back down to 9, because you can't even play the DLC ones any longer.
Invite friends to game.
Load up maps.
Play maps.
Wow what a concept.
>It's kinda pathetic how few maps reach had, did bungie think forge would make up for it so much?
It has more than CE and 3 less than 2. If we're considering that pathetic, then we might as well consider 5's lack of ground up maps in exchange for cheap remixes pathetic.

PiP is coming.

Technically there's over 80 Reach maps available in matchmaking if you count all the Forge World varients. There's a bigger difference between cliffhanger and Atom then there is between 5's Eden and empire.

Of course, this is irrelevant because maps shouldn't "not count" just because you can't play them in matchmaking. And you can by the way. You need to make sure everyone in the lobby has them though.

WTF I hate Reach DLC now.
Oh wait, no I dont, because at least they didn't ever prevent me from playing traditional playlists because I didn't have certain maps installed.
Besides, I can have friends over and load up the maps for some system link fun, no XBL required.

>friends

>>>/facebook/

?

I've been having 8-16 player offline Halo Fests since 2003. Best way to play the game imo. We don't get to do it as much anymore because we're adults now and live in different places, but whenever we do we still have a blast.

Mah nigga.
The best times.

In your opinion does the Xbox ONE look more or less disgusting than the original Xbox console?

>In your opinion does the Xbox ONE look more or less disgusting than the original Xbox console?

X1S > Heug > X1

>DUDE JUST INVITE 13 FRIENDS TO YOUR GAME WHEVER YOU WANT LMAO

piss fucking poor argument

You probably defend destiny raids having no group finder too

Torque and stasis play very differently.

Do you not have friends?

How do I win Mythic Warzone firefight as a solo player with no friends?

closest I got with almost 5 hours of playing was having 1 hunter left to kill on last round

Well I've never played Destiny, but I've always enjoyed custom matches with people I know more than matchmaking, so... to each his own?
Maybe it's just because I'm an old timer that grew up in the Halo 2 days where the standard after a match was grouping up and playing a map with the people you wanted to outside of matchmaking.

Either way, it was never a problem for me to play the Reach DLC.

>Piss poor fucking argument.
I'm not arguing with you. That's how I actually prefer to play Halo, with people I know.
If you don't have a lot of friends to play the game with then yeah, I can see depending on matchmaking to play the maps as a negative for you.
No need to get aggresive

>Where do you think we are?
A place to discuss Halo? Is there some prerequisite about needing to be a loser to post here?

>local multiplayer doesn't count towards multiplayer
I guess CE just didn't have any multiplayer until it came out on pc.

It's a dumb argument on his part. Just leave it. He's already admitted it's because he doesn't have friends to play the game with.

>ITT: People who don't realize Halo was a normie franchise for most of its existance
You're posting in the wrong general if you think this is a forever alone series.

Not since MW2 came out, my dude. Is it 2009 again? Can I start over? ;_;

Didn't MW2 have splitscreen?
Hell, wasn't Spec Ops splitscreen?

MW2 has splitscreen but it's very VERY limited in what you can do.
For instance, you're restricted to the basic level 1 class guns with guest acvounts. You can't use any weapon/killstreak you want in offline/split screen unless you unlock them online. A real bummer.
Black Ops fixed this.

This general sucks

/hg/ meet up

No but it's implied.

The look on the rightmost kid's face.
>mom's gonna freak if she knows I was at a Halo event!

This is his best video.

Not because of the conclusions he comes to, but the ways he articulates his evidence and draws connections to corresponding influences from other games and the industry.
It's a very well paced and conversed video with good references and clear demonstration of knowledge on the various subjects.

TL;DR it's alike a Raycevik video with humor added in.

13 friends available at my Beck&call to play halo Reach DLC maps whenever I want?

No, I don't have that

Local multiplayer counts, but I don't see how you are defending the lack of matchmaking

My friends don't play shitty games like halo Reach and destiny, so I agree with him in that aspect.

Using outside sources like group forums or customs posting or whatever, it shouldn't be needed

You would think that bungie. The company who shaped and pioneered the entire modern console online system, would be smart enough to put a group board or something in their game. Which other MMO's have had for decades. But nope!

>but I don't see how you are defending the lack of matchmaking
>xbox live literally did not exist yet

>13
Well, you don't need 13, but if you want that many for some reason than you can easily find a group through various Xbox One clubs. The Halo Customs club has multiple Halo Reach groups ready to play DLC maps at many times a week.
Oh, well you don't even like Halo Reach then, so there's nothing to complain about.

>I don't play shitty games like Halo: Reach
Post GT. Let's see what great games you DO play.

>Using outside sources like group forums or customs posting or whatever, it shouldn't be needed
You know what shouldn't be needed? Each of my friends needing their own console, copy of the game, and $60 online subscription just to play the game together.

Bumping this.
I'm genuinly interested to see what great taste this guy has.

>he doesn't like both Reach and 5
Shitting on one while defending the other is hypocritical. They're both so tremendously flawed that praising one and criticizing the other as shit is fast track way to having your opinion be disqualified by most.

Dis nigga gets it

Well said.

They're both entirely different games with different movements, weapons, maps, gameplay, etc.

A more accurate comparison would be 4 and Reach

I was speaking about reach maps, not CE. you silly guy

All i'm saying is that "just invite ur friends" is a shit-tier excuse for so many reasons

And that DOESN'T mean I'm saying local customs are shit, I don't know where that came from. Just that matchmaking would be way more convenient.

Wizards0nly

I 100%'d reach (minus the DLC) and enjoy it but it's not my favorite halo

But they're very different.

>Just that matchmaking would be way more convenient.
>but inviting friends for local doesn't count and isn't a valid excuse
>even though you can only do CE local unless you're playing on PC or doing MCC
Therefore, CE doesn't count and has literally unplayable multiplayer.

It's not really an excuse. That was one of the standard ways to play the game for the longest time.

>I don't play shitty games like Reach
>admits to 100%ing Reach

For you maybe. I generally can't stand matchmaking. Too much of a focus on sweaty play. I prefer playing with friends.
It certainly beats keeping people out of playlists due to not having the DLC either way.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here?

CE has matchmaking on MCC and a server browser on PC. I can play it whenever I like.

I can't play the reach DLC maps whenever I like, because there is no matchmaking for them. Only the 9 launch maps and whatever forge variants are in there. The majority of reach's real maps are only available in customs now.

What about these statements do you find so disagreeable with?

>MCC
Cmon now.

That's called dedication.

I was being sarcastic in regards to reach but I do genuinely think that Destiny is rather shit

>only matchmaking counts
>but CE did not have matchmaking

I disagree, completely actually, with the notion that custom match lobbies are lesser in any extent to matchmaking. In fact, I would argue tats the most pure varient of Halo as a social game.

HOWEVER

I appreciate you actually having the balls and posting your Gamertag. I scanned your game history and you don't have any games on their with significant progress that I wouldn't deem as at least alright. So all the power to you.

Not that I'm complaining, but the amount of time that can pass between multikills on Halo 5 is pretty freakin' huge.

would you describe the Elites as "cute"

Stop this CE argument. Wizards is a pretty nice guy. Just leave it at the fact that you two disagree and move on.

4 seconds is a long time when it takes so little to kill somebody else

CE came out in 2001 before Xbox live and is playable on other platforms anyways