/ndg/ Nier/Drakengard General #11

Route K: MAC[K]EREL

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>What is /ndg/?
A place to talk about Nier, Drakengard and Taros games

>Official Nier:Automata page
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>Important information
nier.wikia.com/wiki/NIER_Wiki

>What Happened before Nier: Automata began
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/10/heres-what-happened-before-nier-automatas-story-began/

>The Weekly 2B Butt .Zip Download (Lewds and Non-Lewds):
twitter.com/2b_butt

>Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia [Untranslated]
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>Drakengard/Nier Collection Archive
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

Previous Route:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQT_LwV2qwM
editor.steamcustomizer.com/3Larq
nier.wikia.com/wiki/Timelines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2B-SAN NO!

>Finish the game
>Got all trophies the normal way
>Upload save data
>Feel empty

What do?

Ordering Automata OST from CDJapan also gives you a bonus CD. Do you think Square Enix's Store will have it too when it gets it? I mean, supposing it gets it, there isn't even as a preorder so I'm concerned it won't get it until way later and I really fucking need these OSTs

So why do the machines all speak angelic?

I might be a retard but can anyone remind me how to get to the Flooded City area? I can see it on the map, I just can't remember where the path is. Gotta finish this Wandering Couple quest.

>yorha betrayers quest
>operator asks 9S to be careful after he shows his disgust for killing comrades
>2B just falls silent and probably dies inside even more

S-E only sells it inside of Japan, I don't think they have an import plan just yet.
Just get it off CD Japan.

It's through one of the broken pipes opened up by the crater in the city ruins.

embrace emptiness and accept ending E.

then, replay the game

I mean the EU or US store, if I can't get it there or there's no news about coming there I'm probably gonna have to get it through CDJapan or Amazon.co.jp

>There's a a japanese and english version for Birth of a Wish (THIS.CANNOT.CONTINUE and このままじゃ駄目) in game

Good stuff, Keiichi Okabe.

Something something, the watchers. I mean they're definetely there and it's pretty clear (their symbol, N2, angelic) but in-game they're never mentioned once. I hope it gets cleared up but I don't think it will.

I have a theory that the aliens actually come from DoD's midgard into the far future and brought with them machines and more maso.

They really are as inseparable as Devola/Popola

Yeah that kind of rings a bell. Fuck, I was just doing route A a few days ago...can't remember where it is.

Use your teleporter?

Except none of the plot nor characters have any bearing on the Watchers or any of that shit. Unless we get some kind of side material that specifically states this kind of stuff, all the visual callbacks amount to nothing more than callbacks easily explained away with "Project Gestalt data did it"

So does Amazon.

Go to where Engels is, then, facing the crater, go to your right and follow the slope down, go behind the leaning building (has a wise machine at the top), and the pipe is just a few feet past that

>Humanity is already extinct and never got to the moon

I kind of saw it coming, but still, fuck.

why is gathering memory alloy such suffering

I haven't unlocked it yet in route B or I would. I remember losing access to some quests at some point midgame during route A so I'm trying to do them as I get them this time around.
Ah yeah I know where that building with the Wise Machine is so I should be able to find it. Thanks nigga.

How does Taro always manage to make incredibly distant and unfeeling girls that I also want to hug and make feel all better?

How does this man do it?

>tfw out of money to buy upgrade materials for +4
How do I get money REALLY fast?

I'm the user with the missing quest from last thread. The reward for it would've meant I didn't need to grind for simple gadgets for 3 hours. Fucking hell.

>incredibly distant and unfeeling girls
that's not 2B
she feels everything sharply no matter how hard she tries to shut feelings off
if it wasn't for a guy she loves so much she would go bonkers like that redhead

Sell stuff

I've gotten a few but I currently need some more. Can't remember where I got the ones I had before. Where you farming?

>mfw deliberately dying to the choir boss just to see its attacks perfectly sync with that fucking epic tune

It's just so good, I love the bit after it tries to hack you and then it wakes up "I MUST BE BEAUTIFUL!!!!" then the choir just comes blasting at full volume.

MUH
FUCKING
DICKKKKK

Has anyone ripped the soundtrack yet?

Equip a good drop rate up chip and go kill a bunch of enemies that drop expensive chips like EXP up in the carnival zone

Alternately, go fish in the desert oasis/oil fields, desert oasis's minimum value fish is 1000G with higher top value fish while the oil field produces minimum value 1500G fish though only has one fish worth more than that and it's rare and not worth nearly as much as the top value fish in the oasis

I've literally sold all my expensive useless items, core, desert rose, and children's cores. I have nothing else to give!

But I need a couple 100K G. Emil's shop is expensive.

Buying them from Emil. They're 11K

The redhead went nuts because she kept erasing her own memories and forgetting her actual purpose until the very moment she had orders to kill her target, so every time was the first time only for her to get her memories back at the last second and get slammed with nothing but first time killing her lover experiences

2B is not only made of sterner stuff but thankfully has the wisdom not to make it worse for herself

>no matter how hard she tries to shut feelings off

that's what I mean!! that's what makes it cute!!!!

>I hope it gets cleared up but I don't think it will.

Pretty sure the tank in the amusement park always drops a machine core. Things in the underground area drop a lot of money and cores as well.

The chip drops are gonna be the fastest way to earn cash, just grind various areas and you'll have bucketloads of chips. You can earn 100k quick and easy that way.

Go to chapter 7 and buy as many gold ore from the amusement park clown vendor.
Go back to C/D chapter (A2 going to pascal village for instance) and sell the ores.

Rinse and repeat.

What the fuck do i look forward to after getting the ending E? DLC and more games when? Does this game has any concrete sales figures outside the 250k physical copies in Japan?

The things on the moon are watchers.

>the way Nines uses his small swords
Shiieet.

Not out yet senpai

If that were the case, project gestalt data's contained, not only the WCS' Red Eyes but also the symbol of the watchers and the likeness of the priestess Manah and also the meaning of the Angelic runes. But to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they really were just references but it'd be a real shame if he didn't expand on what he set up by mentioning Accord.

B-but I need those gold ores, too...

Which route in the Carnival Zone?

so wait

theres a huge gaping hole between nier and automata?

theres the previous installments and a lot of DLC hints.

Be honest Anons
At what parts did you cry?

That's kind of a stretch. They're just androids hanging out with a computer server with human data all up in it. N2 was the closest thing to the Watchers in the entire game but it really had nothing in common with the Watchers.

There is an unlimited supply of them, so once you get tons of cash, just buy enough ores for your uprades.

Game ends with a perfect setup for healing anyway.
Shame no shopping malls around for t-shirt date.

Not really, we understand pretty well what happens between them

Nier 1 takes place around 3400, the last living humans die around 4200, the aliens invade around 5000, Beepy gives ego and self-awareness to the machines and earliest YoRHa models sometime a few centuries after this, then there's an eternal stalemate between androids and machines until Automata takes place around 12000

Adam and Eve should've turned into good guys.

-2B's last moments
-Pascal's heartbreak
-Ending E

>Find Emil's house
>Emil's Sacrifice starts playing
TARO YOU FUCKING GOOK STOP MAKING ME FEEL

>theres a huge gaping hole between nier and automata?
Thousands of years, senpai.
Read that Fire of Prometheus story, or whatever it was with Beepy, and that's just the beginning.

Just clear the area around the bunny statue and the confetti stubbies/fliers on the stairs, then warp to your favorite other farming area (Forest has a fuckload of enemies which means you get a lot of chips every time you clear it) and wipe it then go back to the carnival again

God willing you'll get really good drop rate up chips while you're doing this and you can improve your efficiency (the Carnival fliers drop them)

C and D.

Seeing Pascal Village burn while this particular song played too, the music just killed me.
youtube.com/watch?v=oQT_LwV2qwM

And then they could tease 9S about 2B ad-infinitum.

I cried like a fucking bitch with tears rolling down my face at ending E

Got choked up at endings A and B, the credits sequence of ending E, 2B and 9S on the rooftop together at the end of E, the first time going to Kaine's tent, 9S making a grave down there for 2B, 2B's death, finding her flight unit, and the final Emil battle

>aliens?
>ooh those boring guys, we just murdered them, humans are way cooler
Lost my shit at that moment.

Er, meant to say I cried like a bitch at ending D, not ending E

I got D first and chose to stay and it was a huge gut punch, I was bawling

Ending C/D/E
Kaine's House
Emil's house
Pascal's Mindbreak and post memory wipe
Devola & Popola text adventure

All those things stem from the Queen Beast's magic which we know they dissected and studied extensively for the purposes of Project Gestalt.

Would be interesting to find out if there's a deeper meaning there, though. I just don't see it right now because the game's plot itself is so far removed from the Watchers themselves (the aliens being related to them might be the case, but they went and got their shit pushed in centuries ago so if that is the case then the Watchers very clearly got pushed right out of the events going on)

Did anyone get the game on PC? Is it a good port?

Oh yeah, that was great. They really were the crazy Platinum villains I wanted them to be.

wait didnt they died a long time ago?

Repostin'. Would you mega Commander's milk?

Any particular area that drops lots of cores?Someone said Emil's cave but eh. I'll try it as a last resort.

They delayed it for a full week before its release and it crashes randomly if you just happen to have modern video cards like the 780ti, let that speak for itself

Yeah, I guess Adam meant the machines before him killed them and he just took in their data after he was born.

its processor intensive. its okay if you use controller, generically it seems to bug out either on fullscreen or on 1080p

i didnt bought it tho

The place where you fight dickless sephiroth the first time.

Cores are surprisingly common drops from literally anything if you have a good drop rate up chip. They appear more commonly from the larger machines of course but I've gotten a stock of like 80 just from getting it from stubbies

>4200
I still don't get how the higher ups could hide the fact the last gestalts died for 800 years. I mean, it is such a long period where androids obviously keep going with civilization. Surely some of them would notice the lack of replicant, right?

yo that's pretty good! Thank you, user!

The Iron Pipe and Engine Blade weapon stories made me tear up
So did the climax of the Emil fight

I would most definetly succ her mega milk

Hopefully 2B can hug the remaining edge out of him.

Skin fag here, reminder that if you want to recolour your menu like Automata's pause menu, you can

editor.steamcustomizer.com/3Larq

There is an issue where the friends list and chat window panels have grey backgrounds for unknown reasons, which I am working on manually to create a separate release.

That being said, I'll go ahead and fuck off until the issue is fixed so I don't shit up the thread.

OR here, God bless you user. God bless you.

They seem pretty uncommon for me having max item get drop, but alrighty.

Yeah I figured there or copied citie's endless spawn would work.

Anymore endless spawn places then just those two?

>Yfw you realize choosing to leave as 9s means he won't wake up in Ending E

Nah the way I understood it is that that was really true, keep in mind that the original's death didn't make them all drop dead but just destabilize and relapse, some of the relapsed gestalts actually did survive for 800 years after the Shadowlord got fucked before they finally died off

In this time the androids were still trying desperately to figure out a way to reverse the relapsing and also preserve as much data on gestalts and replicants as possible

pods would use a outdated copy of him, likely before 2Butt was killed

Only on the second playthrough and already feel sorry for 9S.

Am I right in assuming the flashbacks are what he can see when he hacks the machines? If so it's really quite depressing.

9S
>That machine was saying some odd things, it's like it had feelings
2B
>Machines don't have feelings
9S
>Y-Yeah

I want to get off Mr Taro's wild ride.

Looking good user

2B9S CANON
O T P
T
P

Really? That sucks. I got an absurd number of cores with just a drop rate up 50% chip from grinding for other materials all over the place.

finished the game 4 hours ago

haven't done anything but listen to the OST and read discussions / interpretations about it

it can't be over yet

I hate this feeling

I feel like C>E is the 'canon' state, it just wouldn't be as nice after D

You've barely even got on it yet, leave these threads now and come back when you see ending E

So wait, is the logic virus the android's version of white chlorination?
I mean they get infected with it and either become a mindless drone or explode if they refuse.

Why the fuck would you be in here not having finished the main story yet?

Leave immediately.

Starting to look pretty good. Can't wait to see the finished version!
And thank you for being brief on your appearances.

That's what I thought, but it appears all of them already started relapsing even with Shadowlord refined maso, and by 4200, all of them died.
Both that timeline and the game confirm they went exctinct by that timeframe.
nier.wikia.com/wiki/Timelines

GET OUT NOW

It's their version of Drakengard's Red Eye disease

Loading straight into ending E from the chapter select menu plays the C cutscene as a lead in to the credits, so I think that's evidence that it's [C]user

I don't know who even denies that both of them love each other.
You need to literally play the game with your eyes or something.