Lucid motors

>Lucid motors
>Tesla
>Workhorse
>Fisker inc.
>Karma automotive
>All on track for production or are in production

Why is America so far ahead of China, Europe and Japan in electric cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GZtTRKuE8A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisker_Inc.
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because america doesn't care about driving

Everyone else knows it's a waste of time. They're here only because of gibs me dats from the government and fame from retards on the left.

This. People don't want electric cars. Tesla is not going to make 500K to 1 million cars a year because there won't be 500,000 to 1 million people who will buy them. People will keep buying tried and tested gasoline & diesel cars.

>>All on track for production or are in production
133 years behind Thomas Parker who put his batteries and car into series production in Wolverhampton why are Americans so far behind Britain in everything they do?

>People don't want electric cars
The Model S and Model X are faster than a $500k Lamborghini. Elon Musk single-handedly made electric cars cooler and more desirable than ICE cars.
You know how suddenly everyone had to have a hybrid flagship hypercar and an all-electric concept in the works, right? That's all because of Tesla's success.

>The Model S and Model X are faster than a $500k Lamborghini.

Post 'Ring times and top speeds to back up your claim.

youtube.com/watch?v=3GZtTRKuE8A
Sperg more.

>Fisker
Aren't they the ones that made a $100K Maserati that can't go 75 miles on one charge?

Asked for metrics that matter, posts fagrace video. The Model S and X are slower than a $25k GT86 round the 'ring the only metric that matters. Go back to crying like only your failure can cause.

>Elon Musk single-handedly made electric cars cooler and more desirable than ICE cars.

I don't want an electric car tho lol
checkmate nigga what now

Good thing your opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. People want electric cars, deal with it.

Sperg more

>>Fisker inc.
>Ceased operations: 2013

They went bankrupt, were bought by the Chinese and we're renamed Karma

They were bought by the Chinese, we're renamed Karma and the fisker karma was relaunched in September as the karma revero

Henrik fisker made another company named fisker inc in October

The fisker that exists now is not the one that went bankrupt

People don't want electric cars. People don't wanna wait 30-60 minutes for every 200 miles they go if they wanna travel outside their local area.

People hardly ever travel 200 miles, Tesla has 300+ mile options available already, and battery technology will only get better.
Sperg more.

That's your standard retort when you have lost the argument.

>Tesla has 300+ mile options already available
Yeah, for >$120,000, retard. Don't expect the Model 3 to get more than 300 miles of range, because Tesla would never let the Model 3 be better than the Model S in any way.

>battery technology will only get better
Nah. Hydrogen will win out. Toyota, Honda, and Hyundai are playing the long game.

lmao, you sound like the people who said trains would be too fast and no one would ride them

Electric cars do not offer anything new or better over ICE cars.

>battery technology will only get better.
Look at the past 200 years of battery evolution and tell us when battery technology will rival petrol in terms of energy density and recharging time.

But, but, muh eco friendliness, muh quietness, muh charge at home.

I can't afford that shit nigga.

You do realise electric cars are the older technology right? They have had a longer development window than gas and are still a long way behind.

Germany has Streetscooter, VAG and BMW...

Electric cars have been in production before ICE, they never caught then, they won't catch now.

I forgot Opel, wich might get the electric brand of PSA.
The logo is already good for that.

This. People need to accept that ICE cars are the superior technology.

wew

Stay obsolete

this desu famalambam

Stay mad your shitty cars with laptop batteries will stay irrelevant, only bought for city commuters and liberals.

They literally are more relevant than ever
Enjoy getting banned though

BMW has the i3 and i8 (which are both bad in different ways), VAG has no Evs in production, only concepts

You are the one pushing the old failed technology BEVs had there day and were supplanted by newer more efficient technology. Sticking with them is the Luddite approach.

I'd say they were probably more relevant in the early stages of car development, when people were not sure which technology is the superior one.

Electric cars sales are literally being propped up by government incentives. When they go away, sales and lease numbers tank. Happen in the US state of Georgia, happened in Denmark.

Err there is the e-Up! and the e-Golf both have been in production for a few years.

>VAG has no Evs in production
Except for the E-Golf, the E-UP and hybrid versions of Golfand passat

Doesnt Elon Musk have better things to do instead of calling people spergs on Veeky Forums

You mean like saving the world?

No, cause he knows Tesla and SpaceX are failing companies, and his stuff like AI and tunnels are non-starters.

>saving the world
Elon Musk is a businessman looking for a quick buck. He got into businesses with a lot of guaranteed government money.

except the US has really really mediocre EV tax incentives or business benefits

if anything, the only metric that actually matters for most of the human race is 0-60 times. Ring times and top speed are great for enthusiasts but enthusiasts are not going to touch ev for years anyway. 0-60 is what sells

Nigga pls. Get back to me when a car can get the nearly 700km a tank I get with my 09 Civic sedan and refuel it in less than 6 minutes.

Get back to me when I can blast the heat in the winter and AC in the summer without worrying about range.

Also
>VTEC

>Opel
>Logo has a Z in it
>No Z in the name Opel

Dafuq Europe

1) once the world eventually switches to sustainable or more eco friendly energy sources, they produce zero emissions
2) instant torque is probably better for safety, and fun
really that's all you need

>and battery technology will only get better
That's where you're wrong. The Tesla's batteries have practically only doubled capacity since the 80 miles the Baker electric could travel back in 1909. Battery technology doesn't improve fast, at all.

I'm sorry.

>like saving the world

I detest electric cars, but that isn't a fair assessment. Lead acid batteries have a higher capacity than lithium batteries. The lithiums are just capable of dumping their power faster. Not to mention, what the fuck do you think makes that car weigh 2500 lbs? It's made of fucking wood. The chassis probably weighs 700lbs, which means that the battery is almost a ton. Trust me, the tesla would have hella range with an 1800lb battery.

Because Americans are the biggest nu-male cucks

>Why is America so far ahead of China, Europe and Japan in electric cars?
Money.

expect the only people that ride trains/public transport are poor people and niggers

Drag racing belongs on :^)

The Huracan clearly looked like it was going to beat the Tesla if they kept going. Does the Tesla top out at a certain speed or does the Tesla just get a great start and eventually loses speed?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisker_Inc.

Founded 2016. What are you on about?

obongo gave them money

The Top speed of the Tesla is only about 130ish so on a standard autobahn between 2 cities run it would be thrashed by even a GT86 or TDi Golf.