Why does everybody hate these cars?

Why does everybody hate these cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hoxqtnI4I4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

had one, my problem was the camshaft cracked

GF had one

Transmission slipped all the time, and then head gasket blew

The tiny engine bay made it not worth the hassle of repair so we gave it to her brother and I gave her my tahoe and went back to my pickup

Veeky Forums can't afford it

Legendarily ugly, unreliable, slow, and just embarrassing to own or drive. Also Chrysler.

They're the cheapest cars you can find that regularly have fewer than 50,000 miles. These things infest used car search engines, they're all sub $4k, sub 50k miles, and usually one owner. They're ridiculously affordable, they're just complete shit.

>Why does everybody hate these cars?
It was a loophole law type of car Chrysler made. It was classed as a light duty truck using a loophole in the law at that time. The PT Cruiser was an underpowered vehicle for its time. But Veeky Forums hates the vehicle more for the type of people who drive them.

Every car that has ever hit my truck was a pt cruiser.

Theyre ugly.

Theyre shit.

But i did see one with a viper motor in it at the last car show.

My buddy has one
Fuel lines rotted because they were in some plastic shield that filled with water and dirt
You have to remove the wheelwell plastic guard to replace a headlight
has had various weird noises and weird handling issues for the entire length of owning it
I hate working on it
I hope it dies so I can help him pick out a car that doesn't blow cock

They carry a stigma.
They have the Dodge Neon's troubled engine.
They have the Dodge Neon's suspension, with a heavier body.
They're a product of Chrysler.

I personally like how they look though. Might get one to keep away for when they've all died out.

>I personally like how they look though.

I feel like I'm the only yuropoor that likes them too. They're rare around here though.

The battery is buried deep in the engine bay under the airbox, and on some MYs the colors of the positive and negative leads are swapped for fuck knows what reason.

The power steering pumps are timebombs.

The steering legitimately feels like an Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off-Road cabinet -- that is, completely spring-loaded with no feedback whatsoever.

It has no power, you step on the gas and you just anger the bees under the hood, the car doesn't actually go any faster.

>You have to remove the wheelwell plastic guard to replace a headlight
I had to do that own my BMW. Fucking stupid as fuck.

>angry bees
Confirmed

Fuck-ugly retro

They're not as bad as people think.

However, everyone bought one when they first came out. This went on for a few years, then suddenly everyone started hating them. Then everyone who owned one stopped caring about them. They got neglected, developed problems, and boom.

This is what happens when normies buy cars in large quantities, especially Chrysler demographics (nigs, 40s women, etc)

Isn't there a performance version that just rules all ass though?

The PT GT is the only "good" one.

My wife had one.

It's a total piece of shit.

That's why.

UAW please go

>Then everyone who owned one stopped caring about them.
I've driven three of them, all owned by boomers who had them dealer maintained. They handle like a dry bar of soap covered in pubes, and visibility is terrible. However; still an A2B car.

I'd actually buy a old Hyundai over this piece of shit

>They're not as bad as people think.
They're exactly as bad as people think. The visibility fucking sucks, it's uncomfortable, it handles like a jellyfish on bike wheels, maintenance is an absolute bitch (as other anons have said, the fucking battery is sometimes backwards and underneath the fucking airbox and half the intake setup), the list goes on. Literally the only advantage is that you can fold the rear seats down and carry reasonably sized pieces of cargo... compared to a Neon. A Crown Victoria's trunk alone probably has more space than the entire interior of a PT Cruiser.

There's also the fact that literally the only reason the PT even EXISTS was so that Chrysler could count it as a small truck and fudge their average gas mileage ratings.

BATTLE CRUISER OPERATIONAL

*clicks on OP*

ENGAGE

>OP pic has a flat tyre
That about sums it all up. The Cruiser is a dreadful car driven by people who have absolutely no knowledge or interest in driving.

They should have painted the arches and flaps red

pretty sure that's the pic from the Wikipedia entry too.

it is a sad, worthless car and the world will be better off when they're all crushed.

Yes the GT Cruiser has the Turbo 2.4 from the Neon SRT-4. Considering the n/a 2.4 barely fits in the engine bay as it is, adding a turbocharger to it makes maintenance 10 times worse and the heat is immense. At least in the GT variant and the later models, the battery is mostly where it should be, but the bay is still crammed full of shit.

I saw one the other day with a FAKE YES FAKE body color spare tire cover on the back hatch. Why would anyone do that? Looked factory too.

I know people aren't big fans of RCR around here but he pretty much hit the nail on the head regarding the PT Cruiser: youtube.com/watch?v=hoxqtnI4I4c

It's a depressing car.

They've reached the age where they're cheap enough for niggers to afford.

That review is garbage.

He's not wrong. Everyone I know who's owns one got it as a hand me down from somebody with a vastly better car, who originally bought the cruiser used.

A half-assed pandering towards the boomer generation, which failed in both its marketing and its production quality

Daimler Chrysler was a dark time.

which bmw?
i have replaced bulbs on e36s, e46s, e60s it's been simple as fuck

the one in the back loooks even more retarded

Then where did it come from in the first place? Who buys it?

>tfw hate the pt cruiser but love the HHR

I have a 2006 pt cruiser gt. It's fun but it could be a lot better. Are they ugly? Yeah kinda but that's not the point. It's putting 230hp at the crank and that's decent for fwd. the only problem I had was a timing belt at 140k miles but that was my fault. I alsohave a flow master coming for it. Next car is gonna be a Torino since we didn't get the falcon Xb in the states

>everything about it is as bad as it can get, especially the design
I don't hate them more than any other Chrysler.

18mpg masterrace

for Daimler

I like the design, and the turbo makes pretty good power for a fwd 4-cylinder, even more so for back when it was first made. I wish the bumper was metal and the grill was chrome, tho.

Also sucks that they're complete shit quality, even by american standards.

Middle management boomers.

he went on an autistic tangent about english grammar and tried to call that "going a little deep for a review" what a fucking joke, cant even review a car properly

My E39, E30 and E23 don't have that problem.

Ikr had mine for four years without so much as a weird engine noise.

the battery is also only accessible from under the fender as well
good luck jumping this thing

My buddy had one, never had any problems like other people have mentioned. Honestly that thing was comfy due to the shape of it and kinda fun to beat the piss out of.

are u retarded m8

they all have this magic thing called jumpstart attachment