/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Why the fuck does rubber armor give you a fish head

We already lost wolf link ;-;

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Thunderblight Ganon was annoying for me to do first because I had no regular arrows.

Shiek's Mask doesn't give any more stealth than the Shiekah Mask right?

Because fuck you, that's why.

And it doesn't get the set bonus for +speed at night either

It's just a cosmetic, shame

Arrows don't really do much to him. He blocks everything when the shield is active.

Use the luchador mask instead

He had a shield?

You can easily fuck up shields with a greatsword

What do I kill to farm ancient cores to upgrade the ancient armor set? I have hundreds of screws/gears/shafts, and don't seem to find these from the turrets around hyrule castle.

WHERE TO GET ZORA BOW?

Guardians that aren't disabled or sentries.

Stalkers, Skywatchers, Turrets, Scout III or IV

Anything but the broken down Guardians or the shitters you find in dungeons.

The onlytime I got normal cores was from killing guardians the guardians the hard way. Parries/Ancient arrows seem to only drop regular stuff.

Name a worse girl than Traysi. You can't.

You can do labyrinths over and over again right?

Zelda

Paya

Okay, let's hear it. What don't you like about Paya?

fuck this pin
actually fuck this pin
every fucking time

what is this?

In the DLC, how do they make the Rito area more exciting?

Floating city if you ask me familia, with some extra dungeon in there.

snowball bowling
aka fastest way to farm rupees

So is this real?

There's a little road where you catch the royal horse which goes through a beautiful wooded area and then simply stops at a small field.

Nothing happens there, horses don't spawn there, no quest involves it.

DLC hook area?

Should I wait to get the Master Sword until after the Divine Beasts, or just get it ASAP?

No.

Ye
twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/840262818251317249/video/1

it's worth going there early just for the town and woodland gear. The master sword is a bonus.

Who /accidentally fast travel to typhoon ruins when trying to travel to hetsu/ here?

fym woodland gear

I have no idea what fym means but I meant Forest Dweller.

It should have been obvious really.

Just finished the game, so basically everything was Zelda's fault for not concentrating on her powers?

Also why the fuck could Zelda hear Fi when Link never heard her?

there's plenty of roads that just dead-end in asinine places. i know they didn't have robots anymore but that's still no excuse for shitty infrastructure development

*wobbles for six long minutes*
That's six minutes to meditate on how you're making money the wrong way, btw

??????

What's the right way? Ice? Talus farming?

don't start

If a pin continues moving in snowling, it doesn't end the round. You have to sit there watching it until it comes to a complete halt. This happens extremely frequently, and can take over half an hour. I'm sure it'll be patched (though since everyone's grinding it for rupees the game in general might get patched) but as it stands it makes it a very undesirable method.

If you really need like 10k rupees fast then nothing beats taluses, yeah. But if you adventure normally you should never ever run out of rupees unless you decide to unlock all the fairy fountains, buy and fully upgrade the house and go from 0-100 bomb arrows in the same day or something.

yeah but it varies between octorocks

some only restore the shittier weapons like traveler's sword

>This happens extremely frequently, and can take over half an hour.
not everyone sucks as much as you, friend

>This happens extremely frequently, and can take over half an hour
how the fuck are you bowling user?

Chameleonzord > Falconzord > Giraffezord > Mammothzord

Prove me wrong.

I had one pin wobble for about 30 seconds once when I bowled to 10,000 rupees for the Great Fairy. That's it.

I have no idea what the hell you're doing wrong.

thanks. anyway to cheese the skywatchers?

>Giraffezord

U wot m8

>can take over half an hour
what

It's a camel you double nigger

ancient arrows

or any arrow with a x5 lynel bow

I definitely enjoyed Rudania the most just for that part before you get the map where the whole place is pitch black. Felt like I was actually exploring a proper dungeon.

It's a horse you triple nigger

horsey fatback

Dunno what kind of camels you've seen but last I checked camels didn't have legs and necks longer than their body length. Also giraffes have humps, they were originally called Cameleopards. Look it up, no bullshit, Cameleopards.

That's how I like it, too.

what type of camel/giraffe shoots water out of its head you retards

That's the Masturdon retard

>Dunno what kind of camels you've seen but last I checked camels didn't have legs and necks longer than their body length
U checked wrong !

of course bactrian camels don't have necks and legs that long and dromedaries only have one hump, but nabooris is clearly a combination of the defining features of both. Giraffe humps are almost nonexistent, and their legs and necks are much longer relative to their bodies than nabooris. It's a camel m8.

i'm a camel

So, fuck the horse minigame jews. I did mounted archery and try not to kill your horse simulator (aka THAT fucking 7th hurdle minigame); someone tell me I am free from the jewery

I agree, Vah Ruta is clearly a bottlenose dolphin with a very cartilage heavy nose and stilts

Neither camels nor giraffes are that big, it's a horse dumbass.

Yeah, there's only the two. I finally did mounted archery about an hour ago myself, fuck that one.

>Go to Saria's Lake
>No Saria
>Doesn't even play her theme

Shit game.

i just looked up masturdon on urbandictionary and if that is in the game then it needs a higher maturity rating

Camelzord apparently is the most OP since his powers are shooting lightning at will.

Camel>all
Elephant>lizard
Lizard>bird (because guardiancopters)
Bird>elephant (since water cant harm the bird up there)

It's a very small equine of which I have ownership.

ice is super effective against flying you fuckin bokoblin

The bird has a fucking shield though.

Shit _waifu_

They all have shields. You just don't see the others unless you try to enter them early.

>Shooting lightning
>Doing anything to the flying stone bird or the stone lizard

Might zap Nelly the Cuckephant but the other two will slap its shit. Lizard drone swarms and huge fuck tectonic hammer and high mobility, it's like it was designed to fuck the other three up. It's a shame they never fought and were basically just fancy laser platforms.

rate my link

If you want tips for obstacle course:
>get yourself a Taobab JENOVAAA horse (blueish-gray, 4/4/5)
>start by mashing A until you gallop jump the first one
>spur for the first 3/4 hurdles
>after the sixth one hold right immediately (maybe even diagonally back) so you get the most time to adjust to that one
>if you did it you should be on 38 ~ 43 seconds
>just trot (level 3 speed) the rest of the course, there's enough time

In the end I was able to sub 1 minute that motherfucker

It's Ground/Flying so you're even more right.

>and were basically just fancy laser platforms
This seriously perturbed me. As immensely polished and complete as the game feels, it nags at me that two of the four main quest paths are clearly underdeveloped and they clearly meant for an epic final battle with four absurd magical mechas going toe-to-toe with calamity ganon while Link provided ground support or something (or who knows, maybe Link was originally going to run all over the mechas to get at weakspots or something equally crazy) and instead there's these four highly advanced mechas whose main role in fighting ganon is to sit the fuck down on a distant mountain completely stationary and fire four identical lasers at him one time. In the end there was no reason for them to be mechas.

At least the game seems like 95% done and the parts that aren't done also aren't actually as important as the rest, unlike Dragon's Dogma which was like 20% done and mostly fine details with a huge neglect for the big picture.

Thanks for the tips but I did the obstacle course second try days ago. It was easy for me, I don't really get why everyone complains about that one and not the other.

Clearly they were supposed to form Voltron and then you fuck Ganon up as Voltron and smash the crap out of Hyrule in an epic kaiju battle.

Agreed. Having already been to Hyrule Castle early, when I started freeing the divine beasts I thought to myself "Finally, some help with all those guardians" only to find out they do fuckall to help me get to Ganon.

It would have been pretty rad to see the beasts blowing up those Guardian Turrets off in the distance.

>You will never visit the moon in DD

Why even live?

Dozens+ hours in, beat the 4 and Ganon, and I'm still faced with fresh dillemas. Do I climb this new mountain or check out this new village?

101 damage mops when

Respect for this troll.

WHERE THE FUCK CAN I FIND A SILVER BOW???

I recommend bullying Paya

Why do you need it? I've been holding on to one since it looks important.

My ass__________

No, both deserve to burn in hell equally

>Did Zoraland before I went to Kakariko
>Finally went to Kakariko
>Sent somewhere else
>Get a camera that can record enemy data

I feel sick. Please tell me I can get the scan data for that boss somewhere else.

does the world change significantly once you beat Ganon?

Is this a glitch?

When I talked to this guy while he was sleeping he suddenly stood up and then fell back down after "Zzz...". Only happened from the side of the bed.

>being retarded

Just start from scratch, you have like 2 hours of gameplay anyways

Yea you can buy it. Only things you can miss are quests for your journal.

is there any reward for suffering through those?

Which quests are those? I found some shrines before I got their respective quests, but I was still able to register the quests later (Usually with the quest giver making some snarky comment about it).

No. It's like any other Zelda. There is no after ganon.

>Only things you can miss are quests for your journal.
you fucking wot m8?

DO NOT BULLY THE PAYA!!!

It's the Hateno inn by the way if you wanna try it