/ng/ - Nioh General

On Life support edition.

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/CayVK8TG (updated)

Graves and revenants info:
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
imgur.com/a/q0bu4

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7XbeFD3d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WUZ

Previous thread.

consider putting the reforging guide in the OP next thread

pastebin.com/7XbeFD3d

:^)

New content next week. Dont die yet.

Any kind axe bros willing to drop some revenants on isle of demons ng+? Finding all divine weapons except axes

Revenants should drop gear based on your luck and drop traits rather than your level, this mechanic is so shitty

it's not shitty for minmaxing faggots

New to the game, I read that twilight missions are daily... What happens if I don't complete it by the end of the day? Also, when co-oping am I able to lose anything in anothers game when I die?

>This fucking maze area after Nue
I'm lost, send help.

What's the ezmode weapon

It's not even a maze. It's incredibly linear.

nothing

they're just regular missions with a red tint and more yokai / enemy placements

the first time you beat them after they change, they have decent mission rewards like 3 umibozu eye stones or other boss materials, that kind of thing

>when co-oping am I able to lose anything in anothers game when I die?
no, you just get a worse mission reward because you failed

all of them

Can't really make up my mind between continuing to play Nioh or further exploring the Toukiden demo

I'd say If anyone checks later and sees the thread dying bump it with the this

or if its almost at 750 too

>Revenants dont use the gear the player was wearing at the time of death

Wow lame.

they do

its just in the state it was in when the player first found it

What? I'm pretty sure they do. It just doesn't transfer your refashions/reforges.

Ok do axe users not die or does no one use axes?

both
what are you looking for?

Well I've been using a yellow axe that has cta str A and it's making it hard to find a divine axe to switch to. So basically a divine axe with cta str a.

i have a green monobe with is cta str b+
at max famalam it should be A (but it will never reach A+ like something you could roll, that's just how monobe is)

if you explain how revenants work i might be able to get it to you
and an armor set too if you wanted something specific

Nah the axe is all I need man. All you gotta do if you could is go to isle of demons in Way of the Strong with the axe equipped and run off the beach and drown. From there I'll farm your revenant until I get the axe to drop. I'd really appreciate it

could someone giveme a quick rundown on this what kind of content are we getting ?

done
start at the first shrine, then turn around and i died right next to a small boat

Gonna go and farm your corpse, thanks kind axe bro

so how do i get the smithing texts for weapons like hige kire and hizamaru that are not part of a particular set

nope

Are there any weapon skills not labeled as passive that carry over to other weapons? I noticed not all skills marked passive carry over.

Just rolled +25% item drop on my chest piece, do I push my luck and go for +25% equipment drop too? How lucky did I get?

>I noticed not all skills marked passive carry over.
like what?

The DLCs are gonna be stuff having to do with Masamune Date in the north, then the other two big ones are gonna be the winter and summer of the Siege of Osaka. Spoilers for history, already detailed the first bit, Date and all, but the winter bit for Siege of Osaka is all but guaranteed to have Yukimura Sanada since the shit with the Sanada-maru was a highlight of the winter bit, then summer is gonna be the big final part where the Toyotomi are definitively beaten and Hideyori kills himself.

igot both of them pretty easy just use iron chunk

fuck thats nice hopefully they will add more enemies

Axe damage to yokai is a passive skill

yeah but it clearly says AXE, no one is going to assume it carries over

Not really the point

Just bought Nioh, what's the most fun playstyle in your opinion?
I enjoyed Axes in the alpha but the beta zone boss made me feel like that was a bad choice.

>what's the most fun playstyle in your opinion?
Dual Katana > Kusarigama > Axe > Spear > Single Katana
You can do some really fun ninja builds later in the game so try experimenting later when you get bored.

you can respec, and all weapons are viable
use whatever you like

Guy at the end of last thread who asked about Muneshige tips. I beat him again on my first try AND without cheese. I'm so proud of myself. I had to resort to using a Lifeseal talisman once I was running out of elixers. It really saved my ass.

nice dude
might want to kill him a few more times for his armor

dope set bonuses

so I'm about the begin the main mission after Falling Snow, it's level 62 and I'm at 56. how can I catch up? I've completed every side mission thus far. is grinding old missions the only option?

Just go for it. It doesn't matter.

10 stat points would make fuckall difference
just do it

From this point onwards you'll always be at lower level than the missions recommend.

I'm this user. to the guys who replied, am I at the half way point of the game?

Yes.

Thanks for the input.

Also, did they neuter the entire game or just the first section? There are noticeably less enemies around in the village compared to the alpha and they seem to do a lot less damage.

I've played every weapon in the game for extensive time including some real meme ninja shit and my favorite builds were projectile spam ninja build and random slice with extensive ki focus 2kat build. Both work wonders in coop to spice up the fun times.

>was able to spin through all of ng+ without paying attention
>derrik gives absolutely no fucks and 2 shots me

>First run (1kat sloppy build)
110+ deaths
>Second run (Kusarigama ninja build)
17 deaths. Probably closer to 30 if I count the times Quick Change has saved me, but the game doesn't count them.

Both runs were on a fresh NG. Good improvement. The kusarigama is so fun that I don't think I can go back to 1kat again.

I wound up dying 27 times during my first run

The bosses don't touch me at all, nue, white tiger, and the spider bitch didn't even pose a threat.

Those goddamn duel missions though. Besides the way of the samurai adept (I'm halfway through), those fuckfaces killed me in a few hits over and over.

The difficulty is a little wonky. Very rare to die in the mission, some bosses are balls to the wall. Never lost amirita though, always recovered.

Fuck, spent like 5 million and got nothing

/dsg/ user here. Got $88 on PSN. Should I get it?

Did you play the alpha or beta?

Very briefly the beta, but, I played it at a terrible time. My Circle button was breaking, so, it was hard for me to enjoy any game. I got a new controller since then.

Have a weird issue, I can't get explosive rounds out of my storehouse, says I have 33 rounds but when I try to retrieve them it says my inventory is full, but then in missions I have 0. I can restock bullets, arrows, and fire arrows just fine. I don't know what the deal is.

Can you be a mage in NiOh, and if so, how long does it take? I'm a mage in all of the Souls games. So, I need to know. I can't stand melee combat in Souls games unless I need to just get a few quick hits

i think my first run was like 450 deaths, with about 400 of those being due to two bosses.

You''d have to grind out Unlimited Onmyo on all your gears if you want to go pure mage. Otherwise, Omnyo is more of a supplementary thing in Nioh. It's great for casting buffs and debuffs and whatnot, but combat heavily revolves around the five available weapon classes in the game.

Well shit, I don't think I'd like it then.

>I can't stand melee combat in Souls games unless I need to just get a few quick hits
Why are you even playing these games?

not him, but maybe because he enjoys that unorthodox play style?

Because that's how I like the games? I always have an estoc on me that's +10 in all 3 games, and Bloodborne, I used the Threaded Cane, but mostly magic. I haven't played Demon's, so idk how I'd fair there.

You'd kill everything with magic easily because magic was ezpeezy mode in DeS.

>tfw start getting gear better than the gold Nioh set and mark mask
pls no

Why not just soul match or copy their appearance onto the other items?

I've got
>Lightning 21
>Change to Attack (Stamina) A+
>Clome Combat Damage 20%
on my axe. Still got three more slots but I can't decide what I should have in them. What's the biggest number you can get on block% on a weapon?

Because I wasn't aware those were options. I'm guessing that's accessed through the blacksmith shop?

when you get Shikisen Luck Rite, is passive skill and itsays it raises your luck.

does this luck bonus comes when you use [pre-request] luck bringer talisman, or is it always active even if you dont use or equip the talisman

[same question for all passive skills that comes after a active weapon/ninjitsu/onmyo skill]

i keep investing on them but never use the pre-request.

Yes.

steel talisman or protection talisman?
[i am playing a ninja with the rabbit spirit]

>Those goddamn duel missions though.
I'm kinda proud I managed to finish the mission where you fight both the warrior of the east and the west at the same time on my 3rd try with axe build

>i am playing a ninja with the rabbit spirit
neither

otherwise, protection

>thought of a cool ninja build that can deal gorillions of damage with actual effort
>can't find any Axe revenants

I'm going to make an Axe build out of spite. What an underrated monster of a weapon.

>Unusual armor, Takezo's headband and Obsidian Samurai's Sword with Pirate Bun hairdo

I fucking love refashioning

Unsual armor is the best fit for William.

>The look suits William well

I mean, they're not wrong
I wonder if William had an equipment set, what would it be and what would it do? I'm guessing full Youngblood or Unusual set with 1kat and the effects include Saoirse. What's the sword he uses in some cutscenes like the end one with John Dee?

How do you make heavy set work especially if your weapon is not an axe? I always get tired when I'm using raging bull or warrior of the east.

Doesn't he have a full version of the Unusual Armor without the yukata in the opening sequence when he was standing on top of a cliff with Hanzo and Okatsu?

Are weapon drops based on what you're already using?

Been wanting to try a different build but i keep getting 1h katana drops, not to mention i have a ridiculously good one already (A- heart scaling)

That's actually the veteran set, which would look awesome if it didn't look like it was dragged out of a burning wreck

Pretty sure it's completely random aside from what type of enemy you're facing
Speaking of which, why in the holiest of shits does a large amount of weapons need a great centipede's gang? Fuck that guy and his level

It's completely RNG based I think. You're better off crafting or picking up the weapon class you want from Revenants.

Strategist armor without the helmet is my favorite looking set.

Sorely underrated. Looks great with 2kat

Yes, passives carry over unless it specifically says otherwise (e.g. axe damage to yokai)

Mystic arts do not carry over

How do I get more whetstones?

What exactly is it that insta-stuns Yokai with Kusa's low stance?
Is it just that way or am I hitting a "headshot" with the chain?
Because its a broken as fuck capacity.

Yeah if you break their horns by hitting the head they get insta stunned
Same with cyclops' eye I believe

Well, other than BB, Souls games don't really have good combat systems so I can see his point. They are serviceable for the game at least.

Though in the case of Nioh, it doesn't really apply. I swear that people keep thinking they are comparable simply because they see a ki bar in the UI, because it plays nothing like a Souls game.

>because it plays nothing like a Souls game
Well, you certainly CAN play it like a Souls game.

What's the kind of stuff you wish you could've known before starting?

>Do not throw away Purple/Blue Traits on weapon naturally
>Prestige Points can be re-done
>Beat the story for NG+ for better stuff

is the ice bitch and Tachibana as hard as this game gets without taking 2v1 boss fights into account ?

Water sword or windstorm?

Just how good revenant farming, flux, Iai stances and 1kat in general is
Also speak to Tome and Muramasa a lot

Memeshiggy is actually pretty easy for a human boss

Now Yumi is actually a cunt who spams AoE attacks nonstop whenever you get close and after you dealt damage she does her teleports behind you grab spam

Also, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
R
E
E
E
E
E

Hanzo you manlet piece of SHIT why did you drop me your armor text the first try but now won't fucking drop the weapon smithtext

What is your favorite

>Weapon (doesn't have to be for the stats)
>Armor set (same as weapon)
>Guardian spirit
>Boss battle
>Boss theme
>Mission
>NPC
>Gesture

>Club Sword
>FrontLine Chest(Only piece that gives you muscles visible)
>Kato OP
>Nue First Try
>Muneshige's?
>Demon King
>Tome is Best waifu
>Nioh's ok Emoji stance