Applying for ownership of an abandoned vehicle

So I've got a question since I'm having trouble finding a solid answer online.

There is this abandoned Elcamino sitting in the parking lot of my local shopping center. Turns out it's been there for like 4 years.

>tires are deflated
>no "4 Sale" sign
>minor wear on exterior/interior
>still has lisence plate (no tags).

I'm in LA, Vernon parish and can't seem to find any information on how to go about claiming the vehicle without the local police department/tow company swiping it for themselves.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Has any anyone ever gone about doing this before, if so how did it go?

Pic related

dont be a thief you fucking nigger

Grab the VIN and ask the DMV who the last registered owner is. Track down the owner, and ask them if they'll just sign the thing over.

What if owner is a black person? Do I need to interact with them? Or should I get police involved?

Steal elcamino. Buy junked shell from scrap yard, change over vin plates.

It's not donked to shit, so the owner will probably be a decent guy.

Interact with them but be cautious. Just because they're black doesn't mean they're an ignorant nigger. There's a big difference between a nigger and a black person... The main difference being that a nigger has no problem pulling the race card or a gun.
>"you're only saying/doing this because I'm black!"
"You aren't black, you're cocoa."

welcome to Veeky Forums newfriend.

It's not being a thief if he goes through the correct legal method of claiming an abandoned vehicle.

I'll go about trying that this weekend.

For some reason I really doubt Hunter S. would be a big fan of Trump

DMV does't release personal data. That's why there is a form for claiming abandoned vehicles.

>tow company swiping it for themselves.
Become a tow company?
You don't really need a truck just have insurance/bond and a tow license. Then rent a trailer. Some shitty truck and trailer will haul almost everything so your only out the business and licensing fee. Then approach the mall owners about the nuisance el camino.

Stop pretending to be OP

Thanks for the advice, I'll try this first, but what should I do if I can't make contact with the previous owner?

This was also a concern of mine, but like I said unlike most states LA doesn't seem to have a definitive policy of abandoned vehicles.

I'll keep this in mind as a last resort, but it might be a little harder all things considered.

As a side not I forgot to mention the this "shopping center is located on a military installation, and as such I am having some confusion as to what context the vehicle was abandoned in relation to the location (I.E. is it private property which subjects it to immediate removal or public property which has more of a grace period). Any ideas on this issue?

>More pics of car

>private property which subjects it to immediate removal or public property
Since it's a military base my guess would be no state or city abandoned property laws will apply and it's subject to base's policy set by the administrators. Does it have LA plates? If so then you may be able to go through the state and apply for ownership through the state and claim it as yours. But the fact is the base is going to impound and check it's records for the owner. If it has out of state plates then you're out of luck and it's going to be abandoned property and sold at auction or given to the rightful owner.

What state plates does it have?

It has LA plates, so inmight be in luck.

Neck yourself, kiddo.

How does such a nice car become abandoned?

How do most cars like this get abandoned? Do they just get out of the car a become a monk? die without family to pick it up? stolen and they want to ditch it?
I mean, if your really dont want it you could part it out, scrap it, or just sell it.

its not a nice car

its a generic white trash/nigger mobile

some people just dont give a fuck its just a car

Call the police non emergency number, they will know who to contact at the DMV in order to get the ball rolling.

Every state has a process for this, you just need to find out what yours is.

>not a nice car
The paint seems decent, nice color, chrome seems in good shape, rims are clean, and I personally like box bodies.

>its a generic white trash/nigger mobile
that's your hang up, bud. I think they look aesthetic and retro. I think it would be fun to work on these.

its a g body

there is no hang up

theyre cheap trash

you can think its nice all you want to but I disagree

and this is coming from someone who had a 1983 El Camino

>military base
State laws do not apply now.
The owner HAS to sign off on it.
This is why it hasn't been towed.
The towing company would have to have it in their yard until the owner signed off on it (as opposed to selling it in 90 days in a lien auction like other impounds).
Family friend owns the largest tow company in a major metropolitan market. I've personally dealt with this before.

Move on OP.

I want to get an 80's El Camino.

I'd swap in my 94 LT1 and fly down the highway.

Depending on how much ether he's had, he would probably think it's a great joke or a sign of the apocalypse.

I'd be really interested in what he'd write about it all.

Not so sure on that one