Dash Cam Thread /DCT/

>cruising down split 4 lane Avenue
>Approaching turn
>lifted broken truck flies up right side
>tries to merge into my passenger front quarter
>go as far to the edge of the road as I can
>brake hard
>DodgingTheRam.jpg
>Turn out with dirt all over the street because construction in the middle of the turn
>lose rear traction in dirt
>hit gas to shift weight back to the rear
>back end kicks out because Muh RWD
>SICK DRIFTING
>Run out of room because turn out gap ends
>slam median curb with rear driver wheel
>this kills the G37
>Ripped chunk out of rim and tire
>shredded rear suspension
>set off curtain driver airbags
>damaged rear cross member
>guy never made contact and fled the scene so """"my fault""""
>lady behind me saw it, still
""""""my fault"""""
>$8700 in parts and labor
>lolno total that shit

Can anyone recommend decent hardwired dash Cam options?

Also general dash cam thread.

>my fault
You didn't even scream and threaten to cancel coverage, did you. No? Try that next time.

Unfortunately even a dashcam wouldnt save you here.
In 99% of cases, no contact makes it your fault. Next time let them tap you before going tofu delivery.

No because I'm not a dick and I had no proof. It was still covered under collision and they are paying out 2k more than I paid for the car. I'm dropping them so fast after this claim is closed though.

But it still IS YOUR FAULT

Literally shattered LCA and sheared off UCA

Im not really arguing that. The difference between my opinion and legal opinion is not up to me or up for debate.

Im dropping them because they are saying the fact my Mazda6 died in a flood less than a year ago, they may reevaluate my customer contract and no longer carry me which is bullshit.

Not really. You are a high loss rate to them.

Yeah I understand their reasoning because of frequency. But one was an act of nature and out of my control, so to me it's bullshit and as a customer I have no obligation to agree, so I'm taking my business elsewhere. Making the decision for them.

>I'm dropping them so fast after this claim is closed though.

That's the right thing to do if you suspect the insurance company might drop you. It is better for you to move to another company fast under your own power. If the insurance company drops you, that is now on your record that you were dropped as opposed to what normally happens as people change insurance company choices.

>guy never made contact and fled the scene so """"my fault""""

I had just purchased a new car. A battered white ford truck crosses the turning lane into my lane due to that mexican driver being sloppy. I am forced to hit it or hit the curb with my new car. I am a defensive considerate driver who does the right thing. So I hit the curb with my new car that is just 45 minutes old and the white ford scampers off. They knew they did wrong.

Baldur! You saw it! Help!

That was the conclusion I came to. I generally make decisions on my own terms, they can keep their analytics and evaluations.

Does nobody run a dash cam here?

>But one was an act of nature and out of my control
No, it is not out of your control in terms of the big picture an insurance company sees as a statistical event.

Some drivers tend to put themselves more into risky situations even if they don't realize it. For example, one driver likes the view and so consistently parks his car with one wheel 6 inches from the cliff that has a 100,000 foot drop. Other drivers park far away. One can see in the statistical sense that even though that set of drivers all parked within 500 feet of each other, that certain drivers were consistently more risky to cover despite all factors being the same (live in same city, same neighborhood, own the same cars, have equally good credit records, etc). Yet, the personality of that one driver made that one driver more risky.

So that is what the insurance company is looking at when it considers dropping someone even if it is "no fault". They drop trouble magnets.

Picture: I have tried and tried, and I still cannot get my car to have the clarity that yours has. Any image I have is wavy because of the orange peel paint. The clear coat is mirror smooth and the final shining was done with a synthetic brush with "light as air" touch for as much shine as I could get. No clay was needed as it was a new car.

>tfw unless it's at speeds that will kill me I never move or slow down when someone almost hits me.

Got dat full coverage anyways

fuck it always slam into the guy, at least he wont be able to leave without some effort. and if you arent retarded and have a dashcam, you can be 100% absolved of any fault.

I know it's all numbers to them. It's really bad customer service. I also understand customer =/= profit in most cases. Look at ISPs.

I worked very hard to get that paint to what it was. Paid off in the end because it increased the value of the car. Got a new paint project though. :^)

Same year, less miles, sport trim, coupe for exactly $1000 more than the Sedan. I'll keep you guys posted with results lol

note that 15 feet was way too much for me, 5 feet should be more than adequate

When avoiding running the cord vertically up thru the air to the mirror, you need 15 feet. The cord is hidden under carpet, and then behind the trim and headliner up to the point where it emerges to the suction cup device.

actually i ran it from my fuse box, behind the dash, up the door seal fold, through the headliner, and down to the cam and i have probably 5-7 feet coiled up under the dash still.

Yeah I was gonna run it across the headliner, down the A pillar, to the fuse box for run position power.

Looks like this one has decent reviews

Just get a 2nd battery in the boot and wire it to that with a trickle charge setup any sparky worth their salt can do it.

Any dashcam can be wired up.

I just blew out a tire and rim myself, so I feel you. I don't even know what I ran over and the dashcam showed nothing.
Sorry about your G37. Damn shame.

I fucking hate reddit greentext shit.

>reddit
>greentext
Nigger what?

hes trying to be the cool oldfag that never likes anything

Green text has been around for years. Not a very good thing to be an old fag about.

Now if he would have called me treequinox, that'd have been funny.

You might want the option to be able to switch power to it such that not only "run" power but "always on" power is available. That way, if you are going inside, the dashcam continues to record while the car is parked in the lot. That will stop it from eating batteries. I'm tired of my dashcam eating Li-Ion batteries once a year due to that autorecord if it senses motion when the car is parked. My car cuts power to the accessory sockets when not running. So the dashcam switches to its battery.