Can you talk about soundsystems here?

can you talk about soundsystems here?

Other urls found in this thread:

crutchfield.com/p_105KDR775S/JVC-KD-R775S.html?tp=5684
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

Great!

I bought my first car, a BMW 316I/3 MJ00. I am wondering if you can point me to different sound systems that I can look into and install.

you should look for ones that are good quality and not shitty ones

The good thing about a sound system is, even if the car is shit, you take your equipment with you, and it's always universal.

>E46?
or
>E90?

Are you looking to just replace the head unit or just the speakers/amp or both?

sounds great any examples?

my uncles says its E36, and I want to replace the head unit and the speakers/amp

i'm having a hard time finding a headunit that has enough colors and flashiness.. can anybody make any suggestions? Basically i want it to look like a 14 year old designed a 80s disco, then turned into a 90s rave house.

Go to Crutchfield and put in your car, I can't believe people are fucking lazier than a company already building the tools to spoonfeed you exactly all the information you could possibly desire that they want other people to do the same shit for them.

>having a hard time finding 95% of the market
Either you're blind or retarded, but, this is the one I have. You can set colors in 3 zones and make it go crazy, though I just set mine to a soft orange to match my guage lights.

crutchfield.com/p_105KDR775S/JVC-KD-R775S.html?tp=5684

Not a bad head unit altogether.

the e36 stock head unit is beautiful shame on you

sure

The head unit should have enough power to drive the speakers, so you shouldn't need a separate amp.

He's just a retarded lazy faggot that wants to be spoonfed every single option out there. Kys OP.

>The head unit should have enough power to drive the speakers, so you shouldn't need a separate amp.
Head units don't have DC/DC converters built in like amps do, they only have ~13v to put into the speaker, which means they can do like a clean 10 watts before it starts turning to shit.
If 10 watts is enough for you, you wont need an amp, if you want more than 10, you need an amp.

That's trivially false and shows you haven't ever listened to a powered set of speakers before.

Stock speakers are designed to be run off the 20W head unit, but aftermarket speakers often will require more than double that to sound adequately (look at RMS ratings).

If you're planning on upgrading speakers you really should factor in an amp, even a small enough one, to make them drive at their full potential.

Yep

can you explain the head unit to me? I thought head unit meant the stereo. im a newbie when it comes to soundssystems

head unit = deck = "stereo" = shit in your dash with knobs and buttons.

On the back are where signal outputs come from that SHOULD go to your amp, and then higher voltage signals go from the amp to your speakers.

Literally google. I didn't know shit about them before I bought and installed mine but thanks to research I, lo and behold, now do.

>posting that chinkshit crap in here
I bet you think 128 kbps mp3 is fine too.

hey guys, noob here, just bought an Alpine cva-1005 aesthetic rice stereo. Do most aftermarket stereos use the same wire harness jack? The PO of my mr2 wired up the stock harness for a jvc unit, however the jack itself that plugged into the back of the jvc fits perfectly into the back of my new stereo. I haven't tried it out yet because I'm nervous about whether or not the pin out is the same or not. Is the pinout a standardized thing on stereos?

I think he was trying for irony.

There are a few standard connectors, so if it fits it should work fine.

>Do most aftermarket stereos use the same wire harness jack

Yes ISO 10487

Heres the jack. I don't think its 10487. Does this have a name?

Do why does the SMPS in my head unit have 22V rails?

Don't bother, you wouldn't have a clue.

Just put an aftermarket fiberglass trunk on my car, and now my sub makes it rattle like fucking crazy. Will Dynamat help out with this at all?

A bit, however the shape of your trunk and size can make a big difference

What head unit?

Little cheapo Alpine CDE-142E. The Toyota OEM unit it replaced could also get 20V at the terminals with pink noise into a 40w ceramic resistor and with no load. Output stage can't output more than rail voltage, and rail voltage is presented to the load when the output stage is clippes, so what do you think that means?

Why do you keep talking so much utter dribble that blind freddy could disprove if he was stuck on Google in 2004? And stop calling a power supply a DC-DC converter. A) that would be a buck/boost converter you basic fuck and B) there happens to be a wee bit of filter, choke and smoothing to be done, not just upping rail voltage with a buck/boost. That might be why even a Nakamachi head unit from two decades ago has a little regulated power supply in there, and not what you mistakenly believe to be straight B+ to the output stage.

Although those little silly Drok things are exactly that.

Wow you sound like a pretty serious dude, can you tell me which one of these is sealed and which is ported?
Both are LMS 18in drivers, thanks.

That's cute. Do you want me to post a SMAART impulse screencap and ask you where in the room I took it?

Talk false shit you don't understand, get called out on false shit, divert, rinse, repeat. You'd think it would get old, but here you are again.

ignore him it's a furfag who almost spun off a cliff and thinks he did nothing wrong.
His favorite hobby besides sucking off musky huskies is pretending he knows anything.

should be fine. I got a head unit for my mr2 too that uses older style connections with two plugs. One for power and one for output. Its so idiotproof you could not put the wrong plug in the wrong socket even if you tried.

>Do why does the SMPS in my head unit have 22V rails?

there is no SMPS in your head unit, probably you got class-H output stage with bootstrapped high-rails.

I thought the sound system meme died and now it's just broke faggots with rotted out 90s shitpiles from fast and furry

so on this subject ive got an interesting problem with a 95 crown vic lx

>Previously owned by nog
>plug face of radio in and dashboard dims to darkest setting
>no speakers work in the car despite all tested and work
> radio tested and works
> no fuses blown

so my assumption is either the rear amp is busted or more likely radio is wired up wrong

>looks up wiring diagram and finds the one for the amp and speaker wires coming from amp but not for the back of the radio

pic related any ideas?

I want the exact opposite of this.
I fucking hate the angled, edgy buttons and bright LCDs with useless things all over it. I just want a rectangle with a few buttons, a knob and a vfd