/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #704 - Foxy grandpa edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

fast

Your reign is over, Eggman

>Not Eggman General

BOOO

Eggman defeated! Post cuties!

Reminder that Shadamy is canon.

Shadamyfag pls

Sonic Fantasy Rpg when?

Only in Ian Flynn's imagination and maybe the pre-boot.

What issue is that from?

>back to the loser rat general
Aw.

>it's Sunday here already
>one day more for Jun stream

Read 'em and weep.

That literally proves nothing and besides, that's only for Boom. In the games, the main canon, it won't happen.

Yeah, that's a joke.

Last thread

I've done it. I've cracked the perfect 3D Sonic game.

(You)
>use this as a base
>Story mode is like SA3, play as either Sonic, Shadow or Blaze
>Arcade mode goes through every level in succession with no story, has those arcade-y pressurized elements
>all three characters play similar but with unique abilities and unique levels
>hub worlds ala Green Hill Paradise, interconnected as well
>parkour from Lost World and/or Prototype
>physics-based momentum from Utopia
>trick and combo mechanics from SA2 and Rush
>bring back team gimmick from Heroes, Sonic has Tails/Knuckles, Shadow has Rouge/Omega and Blaze has Silver/Amy
>this guy's sound design
>music by him and Tee Lopes
>story written by Ian Flynn

>fang
Thank god she doesn't normally have one.

Cindy you tease

>(You)

>posts that are clearly meant to be a joke
>if they weren't jokes, they'd only be canon in Boom
>oh wait, they can't, because Sega has forbidden romance
Do you ShadAmyfags even care about context?

>implying fangs are bad

Also, webm of dancing Sticks from the new episode when

I think that was a jokepost, guys.

I'm not actually, I'd be a raging Blazefag if she did. I didn't have sweating Sonic character pictures to properly convey my previous point.

>Tee Lopes
No. Official Sega musicians or bust. and no orchestra shit

I was only pretending to be retarded. You guys don't take ships seriously, do you?

Ian said that as a joke

Things have been rather tense here, unfortunately.

Sonic is a faker.

Well, guess what user. Welcome to the family.

Where's the new episode?

New Episode?

They mad they don't work for them.

I've been out of the loop for far too long.

Yup, my bad.

>literally a shitpost

Tee Lopes's style is anything but orchestra, and the guy who's been composing since 06 does nothing but orchestra shit.

Shadow is the faker!

So is Silver. Sonic already time traveled in CD.

She looks fucking adorable.

Who isn't a faker these days?

I think you're the fake one around here!

I doubt shadow returns the feelings. He just so happens to get Amy's panties soaking wet.

I'll redo this when a higher quality comes.

Good stuff. Here's a scenario to test your concept:

Give me an example where the player would want to traverse a loop the loop when, since this is open world, I could just run around it.

>literally a shitpost
Sorry that I don't like CD style music but still no. as for orchestra I meant no orchestral pieces from anyone regardless.

Totally original guy right here.

If it were literally a shitpost then we would have a problem.

>blaze
>parkour gimmick
>heroes gimmick
All of this sounds fucking horrible, please gas yourself cretin

>shitting on

But otherwise I agree.

Would we ever get anything like this in the reboot?

>blaze
>All of this sounds fucking horrible

Probably not. There's apparently a mandate that says Sonic can't lose.

I never said it was open world. I said the hub worlds were open world. The levels themselves would be linear and closed off. Loops in the hub worlds could contain rings/red rings for collecting, or launch Sonic off a ramp at the end instead of putting him back on the ground.

Oh god she's so cute I can't handle it

Ohhh... I misunderstood then. Okay, cool.

I can accept all the other mandates, but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Do they even want a good story?

He can't lose overall and even in that arc he didn't. Him and a few others then went on to break into robotropolis, release everyone from the Egg Grapes, and have them teleported to New Mobotropolis where Mighty and the Chaotix fucking shit all over Eggman.

I think the full mandate goes Eggman can win so long as Sonic immediately bounces back and beats him.

Sadly SEGA does not care about the comic, even though it has the best Eggman.

>parkour gimmick
>sounds horrible

So you DON'T want a playable version of CD's opening and the Sonic OVA?

>heroes gimmick
They wouldn't play like Heroes does, heavens no. But having amigo characters follow you around to switch to if you so desire or to conquer a challenge best beaten by that character is better than having to play as one at a time.

*had the best Eggman. Pre-reboot he was sinister and downright. Now he's a bumbling idiot like the SEGA version.

Not that user, but Parkour would be redundant or underused if we had physics based momentum.

Excuse you?

not him but no. you would then be able to reach ridiculous heights making platforming moot

Lost World's half-assed attempt at the concept ruined the idea for a lot of people. I can't really blame them, but still I think that the concept can be done right.

Post-reboot Eggman is a pretty well-rounded version of all the Eggmans in my opinion. He's got his goofy moments like the current Eggman but he still has that ruthless kick he had before.

FAKED

That she does, Olympics costumes are all a great

DELET

DELET THIS

someone should create an edit where it's Shadow's hand instead

>Platforming
See, there's that word again. Platforming. I think that that word is rather interesting because, to me, it can mean a lot more than what most people consider it to mean.

To me, platforming as a concept means a lot more than simply:
>Here's a platform
>Here's a slightly higher platform
>Jump to it

To me, rolling down a hill and launching yourself to new heights, or new lengths IS platforming. Running up, or along a wall in order to reach a higher plane IS platforming.

"Platforming," as it applies to games, is more about getting your character from where you are to where you want to go and you can't get there simply by walking. To me, it's a broader concept than just jumping.

This. Prince of Persia is platforming. Wallrunning, walljumping and edge grabbing is something that would fit extraordinarily well with Sonic.

Why does everyone think that blaze is going to be in this game??

Not that user, but parkour to run up/alongside walls is redundant if we have momentum based platforming.

Putting it in the boost games, however, could lead to great level designs.

There was a tweet that hinted at it, I think.

Besides, she'll be in when you mod the PC version.

Because fuck you let me dream.

So are the other characters going to be sidelined again this time?

Get Lost Cause's mess of a parkour system out of your head for a second, user. In this concept, the parkour IS a kind of momentum-based platforming. You run at a wall, you start running along the side of it, retaining your momentum as you run.

It's not redundant if it's all a part of the same mechanic.

Does a bear shit in the woods?

The post specifically said Lost Worlds parkour system, so excuse me for thinking about it.

user here, forgive me, I meant to say we should maintain Lost World's concept of a parkour system and seriously improve it.

>here's a higher platform, jump to it
that is platforming in a nutshell, yes. the problem I have with the open world idea is you must design the stage with the physics in mind. 2D Sonic works because you can only launch yourself left or right. 3d open world with sonic physics is not something you can just do and say it works. Fangame of the Month (name here) looks terrible to play because Sonic is about memorization and then increasing your score or time via selected paths. Open world screams "explore me and do fetch quests".

I think he said only the hub would be open world

Blaze is the worst character, prove me wrong

Why are people exicted for this glorified temple run?

That would be kino.

Because Boost is still the only viable playstyle for 3D Sonic

Because of a tweet raising questions about where the fuck Sonic was when Eggman was taking over, and Solverse is a plausible explanation for it, along with people thinking that the Egg Pawns in the gameplay might belong to Nega due to the color scheme. But more than anything else, just lots and lots of blind hope.

And if all else fails, 's spoiler is right on the money

As stated already, he said only the HUB WORLDS would have the open-ended design. The actual levels would be more, or less the scale of Aventure, right idea-user?

Flat chest
Its been known that boost is for people with low intelligence

I thought I made that clear, but yes.

well then I typed all of that for nothing. But wouldn't it be easier to just have said "a bigger hub world"?

> Blazeposting