I seem to want this, but i bet its bad. tell me how bad of an idea it is and retarded i am for wanting it

i seem to want this, but i bet its bad. tell me how bad of an idea it is and retarded i am for wanting it

humboldt.craigslist.org/cto/6113909224.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_jPaYnaKVDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

of course it's bad. it's $3,000.
I kind of want one of these to a do mild track / canyon build, but only if they are good performers. If they have shitty handling quirks I don't want one.

I just really like the way they look from the back and right quarter. Front leaves some to be desired though.

>Humboldt
>928

I'd bet it smells dank in there.

>3k 928
Oh god, there's no way in hell something isn't completely fucked.

Buy it, clean it up and store it. Offer him 2300 and see where he goes from there.

In ten years it will be worth five or six times what you paid for it. Porsche fanboys are that stupid and will pay for it, regardless of how shit it might be.

how much should a working 928 normally go for with lets say 100k miles?

"working" means nothing.
from 3k to 15k depending on how good it is.
all cars regardless of year or model basically fall into that unless rare.

Yup. You could find decent ones for about 7-8k maybe 5 years ago. You sure as fuck can't now, so that one is definitely gonna be super shit. Also do not search for a 928 expecting say even a vette style drive OP..even tho it was meant to take the place of the 911, it's more akin to a jaguar. Big ol luxobarge with a big engine that doesn't put out AS MUCH as it should if it were aiming to be a proper sports car. I had a 944, got a 928 expecting similar just more power. Extremely different.

so lets say this thing has a shit transmition or engine, think Veeky Forums can calculate repair cost? Lets pretend that im an autistic child that cant replace a transmition on their own

im just trying to find worse case scenario, its a 45 minute drive one way, so i want to weigh the potential costs

I don't think he should do that. I guarantee OP has no idea what he's doing, just sees a V8 porsche for 3k and goes "whoaw that's the same price as muh civic!!! WANT!!!" These sell for 10k + around 70k-90k miles, there's no way this thing isn't beyond fucked and OP will just fuck it more.

The electronics are most likely to go wrong, and good luck sorting that shit out. They're notoriously complicated.

right, sounds better to pass
i can do plenty, but not enough such as the engine/ transmission

Whelp, it cost me about 600 for a USED clutch to replace on my 944 S. I never had to replace anything on my 928, but I can only imagine shit would be way more. These are old, were hard to find parts for back in their day and now are extremely hard to find parts for. You can find some 944s in junkyards occasionally for deals on their parts but they are usually stripped clean quickly because of the scarcity of parts.

Oh no, I agree. It'll be knackered. It will not drive.

But it is still an excellent investment. Someone will be stupid enough to pay lots of money for one. Have you seen what a barn find 911 goes for? Ten years ago you could pick one up for change, now even a straight body with no running gear will run you serious money.

See how low he is willing to go, give it a wash and forget the rest of it. Keep it in storage and you will not lose money on it.

If you're after a car to actually drive, avoid.

Sorry if I came off as abrasive but I just wanted to get it across how rare/expensive these actually are. They made a VAST majority of the 928 in automatic, manuals are very rare. So that would probably bump repair costs up even more if something went wrong. That being said, call them up. Go check it out, if you get good vibes get it man. Bet you could resell it for 2k if something ends up fucked on it, so it couldn't be too bad of a loss. Because this COULD be a steal of a century, maybe it's some old geezers liberal kid that just wants the big scary V8 out of his driveway after his father passed.

5 speed 928s are pretty rare in the united states. Mechanically they are very well made, I have a friend that bought one cheap and really has never had any mechanical issue with it.

They are well made, especially considering their age. Just overly engineered and complex, so if one little thing is out of sync, the whole car is fucked basically and takes ridiculous amount of labor to fix small issues.

Don't get if you are in a SMOG ZIP.

I wouldn't OP. Do you have cash to fix it when the expensive shit breaks ?
>tfw looking at a 2000 BMW Z3 @45k miles for $4k but a rebuilt title
Hnnnng. I want a roadster as a second car

Okay, so I call the guy, check it out, if it's not missing the entire engine block, offer 2300?

youtube.com/watch?v=_jPaYnaKVDk

I guess it depends on how much cash to fix it, another question is say dump 5k into it and it's working great, if I was to sell it, I really wouldn't lose much eh?

You'll never fix it. What you should do is give it a clean, keep it in storage and wait.

>Lets pretend that im an autistic child that cant replace a transmition on their own
We don't need to pretend - that's what you and 90% of the people on this board are.