Why do you guys hate Hyundai so much?

Why do you guys hate Hyundai so much?

Yeah, I get it. They're boring. They're not enthusiast oriented. They're not exciting. But economically there's nothing wrong with them.

Also, unlike most competition, they

>Don't use CVTs in non hybrids
>Use gasoline direct injection in all their cars
>Don't have ugly gaping grilles
>Don't have ugly two tone meme wheels all the Japanese brands are using
>Their volume sellers ace crash test ratings
>Offers long warranty despite having high reliability ratings in recent years

Other urls found in this thread:

carcomplaints.com/Hyundai/
carcomplaints.com/Hyundai/Sonata/
carcomplaints.com/Hyundai/Elantra/
carcomplaints.com/Ford/Fusion/
carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Altima/
carcomplaints.com/Subaru/Legacy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>expecting Veeky Forums to think logically
lol

Because people like parroting 10 year old memes.

I drove like 1500 miles in a rented 2016 mid spec sonota.

There was nothing wrong with it, it was reasonably comfortable, and in eco mode I got like 40+mpg. In "sport" it was like 14.

Solid car but weirdly they are pricing themselves out of their own market, for about the same price you can get easily into a toyota.

If Veeky Forums was around in the70's they would shit all over Honda, Korean cars are the new japanese. Once public opinion sways on Korea, china will be there to fill the gap and be the new car to meme on.

My 08 Sonata still gets me from A to B

Those early Hyundai models did suck balls though.

Sums up Hyundai nicely. And that's not an insult or anything, they're nice daily drivers without fuss.
The 2006 Sonata was the first American built Hyundai and I still have one going strong.

>Yeah, I get it. They're boring. They're not enthusiast oriented. They're not exciting. But economically there's nothing wrong with them.
That's about it, at least for me. They're trying to be Toyota and we hate Toyotas - although when Toyota makes a fun car, it's actually fun. Hyundai's attempts have not been.

Oh for sure, they rusted out faster then old subarus did.. I'd say around 09-10 is when they really started getting shit together if I had to name a year.

>The 2006 Sonata was the first American built Hyundai

Koreans must not know how to build, because that's when they broke out of the total shit tier

low miles fag, I bet yours isn't a v6

btw, 06-08 sonatas where the best car Hyundai has ever made

new sonatas don't have that v6 and are pigfat

It is a V6, I got that mileage coasting in 5th below 40mph and letting off the gas.

I just bought a Veloster Turbo 6speed the other week and I love it. I like the look and feel of pretty much everything. Gonna be upgrading to a bigger intercooler and cai soon, then I'll be looking into a tune.

no way you are getting 45mpg with that v6. plus ypu don't need it in manual mode, it will upshift to 5th any chance it gets

but seriously though, its a very thirsty engine

Because Veeky Forums is a manual transmission 3k Honda civic driving "enthusiast" board that sustains itself on lap time arguments.

Yeah, a lot of people on reddit and here dislike the car. I haven't got a bad compliment over the car IRL

It's a fun little hatch, not too fast but that is ok.

I don't think I will tune it yet, Hyundai warranty looks solid as hell.

I'm renting a Kia Optima right now and it's okay aside from the fucked up location of the gear lever, the weird center console in general, and having its parking brake on the fucking floor like it's a motherfucking truck. It's less shit than any American or French cuckbox, that's for sure.

fuck you hoon, get off Veeky Forums and go back to jerking your small dick over your "tastefully modded" auto sonata.

ps discord chat misses ya, come over and shitpost again every now and then so we have new chat logs to really think about

Korean trash

I really hate people who mod Sonatas

they look completely fine the way they are

wtf i hate korean cars now

I hate retards that make any dumb mods on any car. There, did all the hard work for you.

Except the interior

Even the bus you ride and the tendies you eat came to you on a Hyundai ship. bow down to your Korean lords.

>boring utilitarian interior for boring utilitarian car

looks fine to me. What do you want?

I drove whatever their mid-size variety is called for a week. Completely awful. Acceleration is nonexistent. Steering feels like the steering column has to travel to another dimension. I don't know how much the things cost, but I'd take pretty much anything else.

looks fine to me

>08
What of it? How often do you see korean cars older than a few years on the road? Never.
In contrast Honda's and toyotas from 92 are still running perfectly fine

Well Koreans do dominate the shipbuilding industry quite handily (outside "dumb" tonnage rankings, which China beats by a bit), but they still have to catch up on cars. They're almost there but not quite.

i see old elantras more than any other car on the road

they look so bland that you don't even notice them

>Black interior

Nigga I'm jelly. Mine is pic related.

>Korean cars from mid 00's and back are bad

thanks for your valuable insight, captain obvious

I see old elantra's all the time, Same with the sportages and sorentos.

Bought a 2016 Elantra rental fleet vehicle with 39k miles for 10.5k (not including taxes and fees), in good condition. The rental dealership assured me that they do all the required maintenance per the manufacturer's schedule.

I'm not so sure though. I changed the air filter soon after I got it (2.5k miles before the next recommended change), and it was the filthiest air filter I have ever seen. The picture doesn't do it justice, there were so many dead insects and bits of debris in it, and you could see the dirt bleeding through to the clean side in spots.

Why did you willingly purchase a boring gook shitbox? You only live once, why not buy something exciting and cool before you're too old?

the same reason why everyone gets a boring shitbox.

yolo swag

>Bought a 2016 Elantra rental fleet vehicle
>rental fleet vehicle
spotted your mistake

>nans hyundai shits a big end bearing
>still runs 2000kms later
feel bad for that car, but those things just wont die

>KDM

A lot of them are owned by dindu's too which is impressive considering the abuse they go through.

>except they were primarily made for and sold in the US

>Korean cars are the new Japanese
I think this is definitely true in the sense of demographics. They're not the new 'Japanese cars' by Veeky Forums's definition but in general to the otherwise majority of buyers they are.

Veloster is the only vehicle from them I'd consider as the Genesis coupe is huge. But I'd still get a 3k civic or something similar before I'd buy the Veloster, though.

niggers only drive GM and Chrysler, teen girls or single mothers drivers them and they are usually rusting away

It's a fun little hot hatch that I could afford. The aftermarket scene isn't too big but it's there. There are people who get these things to 400whp and I just think that's nuts.

They are totally the Japponoice cars of the 80s. Their quality is going up and will prly rival Toyocunt and Hunda in several years, as those brands continue to cut corners and drop. Toyota today isn't nearly the quality it was in the 90s. Even Lexus... the new generation ES350 is super cheapened in ride quality, interior materials, everything, compared to the previous generation.

Basically as any brand gets market dominance it cuts corners and drops to below its peak quality/value, and Koreaboos are going upward while Japponais have peaked and are going downward. Honda quality is pretty low compared to before, they are kinda living off namesake. Like when you've crested a hill, they are just starting the coast cruising down teh hill without expending effort. Hyundai has been busting their balls climbing that hill.

The new Elantra Spurt looks good and reviews are great. If I didn't just fall for the Toyocunt meme (2017 Camry SE bought with cash, yes just kill me now) I would prly get one of these guys for a "sporty" feeling DD ~20k new.

I've been considering picking one up soon. It seems like a car that will be fun to drive, but I won't feel guilty dailying it.
>tfw can only afford one car

>tfw can only afford one car

Most responsible adults can only afford one, or two if dual income. Owning multiple newer cars and going into debt is fucking retarded because, at the end of the day, it's just a car.

What do you guys think of 2006 Civic wheels on a 2016 Sonata? The OEM 16 inch wheels were horrid but the Civic wheels are a perfect match to swap with.

>Don't have ugly gaping grilles
velosterturbo.jpg

>Don't have ugly two tone meme wheels all the Japanese brands are using
wrong

Look at the back wheels those aren't two tone

The i40 estate is a Hyundai I'd buy. So sexy desu

Someone bought this for nearly $38,000 in 2013. I got it for $23,000 at 36k miles. Thanks, depreciation. 350 hp, RWD, nice leather interior, decent suspension, lots of stupid electronic shit to keep my wife happy. Not a bad deal for the price. I wasn't gonna spend the money on a low mileage 370Z or a Mustang, because I don't really give a shit about these giganto landbarge cars, but you faggots made me wonder what higher horsepower feels like.

I prefer manual, lightweight shitboxes, so I wasn't opposed to buying the Korean Mustang as a secondary car to see what the deal is. Seems fine. Direct injection may mean that I'll need to install a catch can. Doesn't seem to take well to power mods either. Gets pretty hectic with the traction and stability control off.

8/10. Vaguely interested to see the successor. They got almost everything right with this car.

I don't understand why anyone would buy the 2.0T though. Seems underpowered for the girth.

Since this is a hyundai/kia thread, I might as well ask this question here. Is the K900 a decent luxury car? I've heard good things about it and they are pretty cheap for the amount of car you get. I was thinking about one as an entry level full size luxury vehicle. They go for $30k with less than 40k miles. What does Veeky Forums think?

Don't buy any luxury car. Save your money and thank yourself later

>30k
>Cheap

Anyone who buys a luxury car is an idiot. Also the cost of maintenance with all that technology eventually breaking down is ridiculous. Why not use that money towards something actually important like a home or going out expenses and not a fucking car.

He may already have a house and savings.

Is your wife pretty?

Yeah maybe he lives in some ghetto ass dump but muh hoodrich luxury car guys!

$30k is plenty cheap for a 2 year old 40k mileage car made to compete with the Lexus LS.
>spend it on a home
Already have one. And I currently have another basic SUV for commuting. I wanted a full size luxury car for weekend trips and an occasional commute to work. As far as maintence, it's still a recent, low mileage car, so I don't expect maintence cost to be a problem. What would you guys recommend?

Yeah. Half Korean. Pretty enough to pick her up and put her on my wiener.

Half on dad or mom side? This could decide your fate

Half mom side. You talking about the aging thing?

rip

Her mom's still pretty cute at 56. Looks 40.

I don't. I love my 2012 Genesis sedan, one of the best cars I've ever driven or owned. Most people who see it think it's great too.

When I bought replacement air filters (to replace the disgusting example above), they were available directly from Hyundai's store on Amazon, and actually a few bucks cheaper than generic ones from the local auto stores or Walmart.

It seemed kind of odd that Hyundai sells a lot of parts direct to consumer, and sometimes with really good prices that undercut everyone else. Usually OEM parts and supplies from the manufacturer sell for a hefty premium.

If it was Asian dad, that Asian dude had to be extremely Alpha, attractive, charismatic, talented or rich (or combination of those factors) to get it with a White woman because Asian males are generally unattractive to females of all races. Good family guaranteed. Will make A+ father in law

Asian mom: the White dad is too beta to compete with chadbros for White women (or a "muh submissive Asian wayfu" yellow-fever creep) so he settled down with an Asian woman, who probably married a white guy just because he's a white guy. Basically a status trophy they show off to their Asian family. There is always tension in this family.

>>Don't have ugly gaping grilles
You haven't seen the Veloster then.
As to everything else, reliability and lying seems to be the reasons. Hyundai is no more reliable now than they were 20 years ago. they haven't improved at all. What HAS improved is the styling of their cars and their marketing. They bought a designer from Audi and had him design everything. The drastic shift in looks convinced people the reliability had changed and the hype machine engaged.
carcomplaints.com/Hyundai/
Their four most popular models are actually pretty problematic. You'll need that warranty. Hyundai isn't as bad as Nissan, though that's not because Hyundai improved, but rather that Nissan quality and reliability jumped off a cliff when Carlos Ghosn took over.

Hyundai also had a history of lying, like when they got in trouble for falsely advertising the Elantra's fuel economy as being higher than it actually was.

wtf i love beetles now

>Hyundai is no more reliable now than they were 20 years ago

That is way too harsh

They started off copying Mitsubishi, and looked at Mitsubishi as an example of what to do. What did you expect?

Not sure about Hyundai as a whole. I'd say the average Hyundai is more reliable than a Subaru, Nissan or Volkswagen. Doesn't compare to Toyota, but still better than most. but the Sonatas have been alright. Stay away from Elantras.

Only if the Subaru has a CVT. Beyond that, I can kinda agree.

It's not like they still look up to Mitsubishi. Did you drive a 90's Hyundai? It was absolute trash.

Current Hyundais are much better. You saying that reliability didn't change in 20 years only shows your ignorance

Have a friend with a 2013 Elantra. Nothing but problems.

anecdote vs anecdote: who wins????

>Elantra

Shitty car. It's made in Korea I think, the Sonatas have been made in USA since 06, probably why they're more reliable

I'd get an i30, living in the city and all.

The Veloster has two tone wheels, either black/silver or body color/silver

>, probably why they're more reliable
carcomplaints.com/Hyundai/Sonata/
carcomplaints.com/Hyundai/Elantra/

Nope. They're both terrible.

Those cars are so damn hideous, I'm surprised some find them attractive.

add a body kit, better looking wheels and a stripe

The 2011-2012 had engine recalls that owners got taken cared of for free. The 2015s because first model year of a new gen, all the bugs and kinks have been solved by now.

The Sonata reliability looks fine compared to anything not Honda or Toyota

carcomplaints.com/Ford/Fusion/
carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Altima/
carcomplaints.com/Subaru/Legacy/

I browsed other brands such as Honda and Toyota and they all have large numbers of complaints.

Basically why "complaints" statistics are usually shit metricsfor actual unreliability. You can migrate to another Hyundai thread now.

its hardly a "hot" hatch.

Drove one recently. Hated it.

bump

I respect your opinion

Not an Veeky Forumspinion. It's fact. Hyundai is garbage at DCTs, unless I switched to paddle-mode the engine would never shut up and let me cruise. Seats are weirdly angled and uncomfortable. The retarded door setup? 4 door hatch wtf? infotainment screen is too high up/needs to be angled differently. Didn't like suspension feel. Thought Hyundai was making decent progress, guess I was wrong.

>Thought Hyundai was making decent progress, guess I was wrong.

Go test a new Elantra Sport or the Genesis Coupe. The Velosturd is a remnant of horrible early 2010s Hyundai artificial steering feel.

Hey shut up my wheels are noice

I actually test drove the 2016 model when Hyundai was giving everyone $50 for free if you did. Same issues, bad seats, bad steering, bad suspension. Looked like garbage too, 2017 model looks good but is a blatant ripoff.

>on reddit and here

Then go the fuck back over there, you nu-male faggot

>Not an Veeky Forumspinion. It's fact.

Dropped.

How can you prove to me that you're not just a Hyundai hater that will make up stories if he has to?

>The hate on Reddit meme

Didn't realize I was still on /v/ or /pol/

Because, nigger, you can get a perfectly great car from one the Japanese manufacturers for the same price. And they're more reliable.

Up until now Koreans haven't been able to make a long lasting, reliable car. And it remains to be seen if their newer ones change that.

Seriously, I'd rather get a Civic, Corolla, Mazda 3, or even Sentra over Hyundai or Kia.

They're better than American cars though. Cheaper to fix than unreliable euro trash too

You absolutely cannot get a Toyota or Honda for the same money, retard. That's the appeal of the brand, they're cheaper with more features. And I'm not talking about gimmicky shit like cooled seats or touch screens. You'd be surprised how many Japanese cars forego little things like dual map pockets, sunglass holders, dampened glove boxes, trunk handles, etc. The little convenient touches.

One difference though, and it's a big one, is that when Honda and Toyota came onto the scene, they produced quality cars, started up a new small car segment (which they still, to this day, have on complete lock down), and came at a time when the Americans were busy shitting the bed.

The Koreans don't have anything special to differentiate. Why not just buy a Japanese car for the same price?

I bought a 2017 Elantra value edition late last year. No problems on my end, they did recall the brake booster two months ago due to some faulty design. I get about 39-40 mpg in normal mode, the eco mode sucks the life out of the car and really didn't give any additional mpg's.

The interior is head and shoulders above what honda, toyota, and ford have in their respective vehicles.