/ndg/ Nier/Drakengard General #12

Route L: EVER DAYS A SA[L]E

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>What is /ndg/?
A place to talk about Nier, Drakengard and Taros games

>Official Nier:Automata page
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>Important information
nier.wikia.com/wiki/NIER_Wiki

>What Happened before Nier: Automata began
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/10/heres-what-happened-before-nier-automatas-story-began/

>The Weekly 2B Butt .Zip Download (Lewds and Non-Lewds):
twitter.com/2b_butt

>Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia [Untranslated]
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>Drakengard/Nier Collection Archive
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>NieR: Automata Steam Theme Download:
pastebin.com/4WwASa48

Previous Route:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12530179/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

has a canon ending been announced? Really hoping it's e.

Also, anyone wish they added a bit more to ending e? Like some more dialogue between 2b and 9s, etc

This is a great contribution by the way, thank you!

strawpoll.me/12530179/
strawpoll.me/12530179/
strawpoll.me/12530179/
strawpoll.me/12530179/
strawpoll.me/12530179/
strawpoll.me/12530179/
strawpoll.me/12530179/

Route M better be MURDER.

Swift and quick reminder that my Steam Theme can be found in the OP as a pastebin link, in case you don't regularly check OP posts.

Thank you all for your time and I hope you appreciate the skin as much as I appreciate that weird beige color.

what's in the collection archive.

i've tried to dl 3 times already and it gets stuck at 99%...

It's actually deb[U]nked, the next game will be about the Commander landing on another planet with weird descendants of actual humans trying to fuck her

Cheers!

Novellas/Story-related stuff for the games.

Would you suck Kaines dick?

How do I get an animal at every save point like some people seem to have?

redropping some hot opinions

The game is kind of weird
>only three proper dungeons, one of which is mostly an extension of the other
>difficulty balance is fucked up
>need to roam the world again as 9S to unlock chests
>not really much point to using most weapons
>A2 and 2B is very identical gameplay wise
>pacing feels strange
>can't properly replay previous chapters because they're cakewalk

most bosses were underwhelming
>Engels, Beauvoir, Grun and the tower balls were great but over half of them were balls with boring backstory (hurr must kill humans (aren't humans already extinct by the time the aliens invaded?))

the characters weren't very sympathetic
>half of 2B's and A2's story are missing or is a stage play
>9S is basically the real protagonist
>no one cares about the commander
>no one cares about Anemone or the Resistance in general, fucking useless scrubs

some weird plot points
>game doesn't feel like there's a war going on besides in one or two points in the story
>why is there an E model during the factory assault when their existence is a secret?
>why did the cult robots go nuts?
>why did Pascal's villagers go nuts?
>why are Adam and Eve so disappointing?
>what is the copied city?
>why is there a recreation of Popola's library in the tower?
>who are the proprietors of Project YoRHa?
>how many times have Project YoRHa been initiated?
>do none of the non-YoRHa androids suspect anything weird is afoot about the YoRHa androids?
>how did Jackass find out about them?
>why are there so many Drakengard references but no explanation?
>stay tuned for Grimoire Automata, coming whenever the fuck

nitpicks
>the block in front of Masamune's crib always resets
>can't open menu while feet isn't touching the ground
>animals need to be in a specific animation before you can hop on it

Throw the max amount of money possible at the Half-Wit Inventor

Yes.

which is?

think it's like 100K or 200K.

Why does 9S keep talking about how simple things like anger or revenge are "too complex for a machine" even well after you meet pascal?

>that slight tinge of guilt when killing the docile machines for the item supply guy at the resistence camp
>that major guilt when slicing up a boar even after it gores me
>that even worse guilt when killing a moose successfully and getting its meat
I'm not ready for route E

>>why is there an E model during the factory assault when their existence is a secret?
According to 9S. Whether E-types are a secret, he didn't know because Command removed them from his memory or he wanted to tease 2E a bit because he started to suspect something is up to you.

It's a total of 80k first, then a one more payment of 100k, I think

>some weird plot points
>game doesn't feel like there's a war going on besides in one or two points in the story
It's only fragment of one City that happens to house some dank machine terminal
>why is there an E model during the factory assault when their existence is a secret?
You, as 2B/E can see it. It may also be a ruse i.e. E for espionage or some shit
>why did the cult robots go nuts?
To become as gods/humans - dead
>why did Pascal's villagers go nuts?
Virus
>why are Adam and Eve so disappointing?
4(You)
>what is the copied city?
Adam's pet project to imitate humanity
>why is there a recreation of Popola's library in the tower?
Fanservice
>who are the proprietors of Project YoRHa?
Androids who want to give another androids questioning war for humanity meaning
>how many times have Project YoRHa been initiated?
It may be the first time.
>do none of the non-YoRHa androids suspect anything weird is afoot about the YoRHa androids?
Why would they? YoRHa is cutting edge project with only 3 years of field operations
>how did Jackass find out about them?
It's in her report, come on
>why are there so many Drakengard references but no explanation?
Haven't played DoD
>>stay tuned for Grimoire Automata, coming whenever the fuck

It's denial. He doesn't want to empathize with his "enemy"

>You, as 2B/E can see it.
1D calls in "7E down".
>It may also be a ruse i.e. E for espionage or some shit
Then shouldn't 9S know about Espionage-types?

Where do you catch the Arowana Machine, i've been fishing for 6 hours now.

Maybe the better question should've been, how did Adam built a city in a short period of time? Complete with hundreds of android corpses for some reason.

Where would Raiden fit into this game? How would he interact with the characters, and so on?

Stay tuned for the Adam and Eve prologue DLCs!

And when did 9S stumble upon E type outside one sidequest with little red riding hood and A2 rubbing 2E in his face?

If you didn't she'd just make you do it come nightfall.
Probably drag you all over kingdom come while she works up a proper murderboner killing shades just so you'll be on hand when it gets to be too much.

The only disappointing thing about Adam and Eve is that they didn't appear more.

it always ends like this

How would 2B react to a random human requesting sexual favors?

A. Yoko Taro
B. Dude needed citizens to populate his city. He even placed one or 2 here like people having conversations or a group outfront a building like buddies at a bar and one even cross the street.

Considering they seem to know what it is enough to be embarassed probably get angry at you while 9S stutters and blushes/internally escapes to his 2B folder.

Same way complete Tower and subtowers appeared instantly out of nowhere. Android bodies lay around everywhere, it isn't hard to gather a few, especially after that whale EMPing whole coastline.

considering he was supposed to rendezvous with 2B and friends, he should be in the know

In the years he went on missions? Talking to other androids in their bunker? Mission briefing for the assault? Maybe he looked up A2 after their first meeting in the forest and found her Pearl Harbor file?

Does Emil only have one set of weapons, I think the stock with fists and the dress module, or does he have another set of weapons that he sells?

There are still some obscure weapons that I have no idea where else to find them. Machine and Emil fists.

>Same way complete Tower and subtowers appeared instantly out of nowhere

how?

beat Emil for Emil Heads
buy Machine Heads from Pascal

Machine Fists are bought from Pascal after his memory wipe

How would you react when god you've been programmed to serve appear before you and asked to bend over?
You are cut from assault unit coms as 9S. There is only you and 21O untill you meet with 2B.
Nice asspulls

>Nice asspulls
Ok smartass, how does he know 2B's name in the prologue? No one mentions it to him in the game.

>asspulls

Are you really saying the kid isn't briefed about the mission and just went there? Or he's the only person in the whole of YoRHa that doesn't know about E types?

Do you guys leave self destruct armed? Or enable is from the menu when you need to use it? I have not come across a situation where I've needed to use it yet. But I'm only 6 hours into the game.

ending A is so nice, why would I continue?

Because ending E is a happy ending.

...Of sorts.

Why would you not finish the game?

but I can already tell ending A is the happiest its going to get

its only downhill from here

>Emil is hackable

Wait what

Does the difficulty affect Steam achievements?
Am I going to lose something if i play on Normal?

Dont get me wrong the game is easy as fuck, but the enemies are just way too fat, they take too long to kill them and sometimes the fight gets tiresome.

Am i losing any achievements if i switch to normal or easy?

Happy? probably
It's open ended if you ask me.

On hand , they can start over happily on the other they have to live through with the shit that happened.

2B and A2 combining memories, Pascal's memory wipe + village destruction, majority of old androids dead, 9S being crazy. bunker destroyed and truth revealed, etc

No

Anybody else had this happen? Just started the game like normal, no reshading or anything. Everything is red and green

you found the secret Ω ending

congratulations

Your GPU is dying.

2B's cleavage window is playing Battlezone

Not when you realize he's still technically logic virused and that his original personality did in fact die and the Machine 9S is in fact a backup he made just before shit got worse. Its not as punishing a reboot as the Black Box 9S reboot but still he died and the backup is whats left behind. Every time.

Just remember, the only one of the village robot that isn't dead or mindwiped by the end is that asshole Sartre.

Also that when the father robot went crazy due to the zombie plague the mother robot died futilely trying to protect the child robot, given the positions of their corpses.

And that everything you did in-game was pointless because according to the Emil Heads weapon story the war just starts up again 500 years later.

>He forgot the one who locked himself inside the house

He literally wasn't. She was not entitled to his affection just because she really wanted it. Sartre made it clear that he had no interest in his "fans", but they were all obsessive nutjobs who refused to take the hint.

Sartre did nothing wrong.

even if it's pointless you still have to it

>the only one of the village robot that isn't dead or mindwiped by the end is that asshole Sartre.
Wrong, the neetbot survives.

>everything you did in-game was pointless because according to the Emil Heads weapon story the war just starts up again 500 years later.
Living is pointless because you'll be dead in 100. years anyway

so it has come to this

What weapon do I use as 9S? He just throws his sword around and it's fucking annoying

That's kind of fucking cool desu

I'm kinda sad because the game crashed shortly after, but I got a solid couple of minutes of video of wireframe weirdness

Why should i trust someone who couldn't even remember someone be able to tell time.

There IS other options.

>playing on hard with counter chip and a bunch of aggressive heals and defense chips
Holy shit this is the most fun I've had in a very long time.

>Logic virus is consuming peoplea GPU's
>they're okay with this

Lay off the E-Drugs for a bit, dude

PICK ONE (1)

>Jackass
>Commander
>Pascal
>6O
>21O

You will spend the rest of your life with them.

NO.

>Emil Heads weapon story the war just starts up again 500 years later.
Where do you get from that the wars breaks out again? All we know is that the machine network is live again and androids still exist.

It's amazing that one maxed Shockwave chip does more damage than two maxed out Weapon Attack Ups.

Commander

Hey guys, about this thing about 2B having to kill 9S more and more times, can you give me some info? How many times? Where is this told? Why?

Because Yoko Taro feeds on suffering.

Got a question regarding one of the setting elements revealed near the ending, it's been bugging me since finishing the game.
Who set up the back door to allow the machines access to essentially reset the YoRHa until their next upgrade such that they would never win against the machines? I get that the machines explicitly have this in their interest, but entries from the copied library seem to point toward this as at least in part set up by the human/android side. Maybe I'm missing something here but it could also be just another yet unexplained section.

finish the game

The network is what makes machines violent.

But he also likes subverting expectations.

Jackass for adventures Commander for lazying around and casual sex

>The network is what makes machines violent.
The network also created robots like Pascal.

im confused about that too, is it saying that the same scenario has played out multiple times before? I did finish the game btw

I finished the main endings, A2 says to 9S that 2B is actually 2E (Explaining also the YorHa Betrayers quest I guess?) but I don't get why and if it's shown. I read the novella in the Temple of Sand that shows one time I guess

Also, another thing: Pascal says that when a machine core is destroyed they can replicate it using the same memories but it won't be the same individual.
In Ending E everyone gets resurrected, if you'd say, by the Pods, but aren't they copies? At least for 2B, her black box ceased operation, so she should be a copy, wouldn't she?

PERVERT !
Do feminists know already?

What I hate is that Taro decides to make dumb novel/stage play bullshit(not for anyone besides the Japanese as well) and decide it's all canon. Now we sit here with our thumbs up our asses confused even more until someone can source us.

*I don't get why she had to kill 9S multiple times

I would take that unique black box 1:1 body case with a grain of salt. You keep switching bodies between descends and vending machines. I think memories is what's the most important, also 9S being wrecked by Eve and splitting between machines.

Toobs and Nines have always been paired together. Whenever he learns something that he shouldn't, like humanity being dead, Toobs has to kill him so they can reset his data. She is basically his handler.

It's implied by A2's reveal and Toobs' comments/mannerisms throughout the game, but the short story
The Memory Cage makes this clearer.

>same memories
>same personality
>same body
It's sort of like the qunadary of teleportation - if a teleporter vaporizes someone, then recreats them elsewhere, is it the same person or is the original person dead?

So this is why little bastard was all like "Feel like taking a break?" he just wanted to touch Toobie

So in in-game terms, each vending machine has a backup Toobs inside it?

Guessing A2 canonically just runs everywhere/does sick boar drifts

It probably just uses her data to build a Toobs from scratch.

I think it strips one Toobie for parts and another machine elsewhere assembles Toobie out of spare parts

>kaine fucking rapes a chick and she has a dick as well
I remember her having a dick but I don't remember when it was said that she raped someone.

iirc, she never raped anybody, but she did fuck a dead body in a side story.

>It's sort of like the qunadary of teleportation - if a teleporter vaporizes someone, then recreates them elsewhere, is it the same person or is the original person dead?

My answer to that is: when you move a file it is copied and then the original is deleted. Do you consider that file to be the same? Functionally, yes they are the same file.

It just feels weird to apply digital constraints to what was previously just an organic sense of the human continuity.