Stop using camshafts

Stop using camshafts

When is this fucking technology gonna get on the market?
I don't see the reason why it's not already implemented.
Haven't they completed like arctic, desert, and long term testing already?

>I don't see the reason why it's not already implemented
for the exact same reason that camshafts took so long to actually be used in almost every single engine

Cost, and no reason to try to innovate. If they can make emissions standards no problem with cams, then they won't stop using them until a law or change in regs requires the use of freevalve,

Freevalve seems cheaper than cams, it integrates less moving parts. Also less timing problems, but I wouldn't know.
And with the recent discoveries that no, in fact they aren't, meeting emission standards and need to cheat (since it wasn't just vw, but almost every manufacturer), I see plenty of reason imo.
Maybe he's just asking for a fuckton of money for the implementation?
Personally I like the idea a lot. We could hack into these new shits, and get new timings on the fly for sportiness or economy, configurable timing at any point seems fantastic.
Plus, isn't it retrofitable? that would make implementation cheaper.

stop using internal combustion engines.

with such new tech, I'd only be willing to use it in a non-interference engine. let the mass market fix the early bugs

Koenigsegg's are the only new supercars I like honestly. They look outstanding and are completely fucking bonkers on top of being as advanced as spaceships.

No

I made this exact thread a few weeks ago except using this picture fuck off op

I am the only koenposter on this board

He's the most stereotypical looking white guy I've ever seen

I've been running a camless engine for years

shits cheaper than VANOS

Make me.

1UZ swaped 86?

then make kits for amerishit like modular/coyote/voodoo, sbc 350/383, 454, LS etc etc

and all the glorified shitbox motors
RB25/26, M62, 1/2JZ, M52/M54, S14, M88

People know how to use cams. It's easy. Implementing a new technology that makes major changes to the motor takes a huge amount of R&D

But this is basically having an e-camshaft so to speak, you program when it opens and when it closes, there's nothing complicated about it.

>implying Elon gives a fuck and doesn't just have Tesla as stock bait
lol

>instead of tuning a cam, you enter a couple lines of code
>not better

>I don't see the reason why it's not already implemented.
it's unreliable as fuck. 1000 times worse than VANOS.

source for this claim?

Your mother.

>implying he's not going to be broke as fuck after he gets roastied out of his fortune

k

release the tech then and ill bolt it to my ls1

Stop innovating

Think about it. These freevalve thingamagoblins are supposedly smaller and lighter than overhead cams. As soon as freevalve conversion kits for old engines appear, LS will be finally put to rest, and old nip straight-sixers like 2JZ and RB26 will reign supreme.

I doubt its cheaper. Betting each solenoid valve costs hundreds or even thousands per cylinder.

>your sat in bumper to bumper traffic
>advancing slowly car by car
>you cant see any accident up ahead
>then a bald man taps on your window
>you roll down
>it's Christian von Koenigsegg
>"Hello sir I've been going window to window in this traffic to explain the wonders of my koenigsegg direct drive, you see it is the reason..."
>this goes on for five minutes
>"...and that's how koenigsegg direct drive is the best transmission on the planet, oh by the way my wife needs to change her tampon can she use your front seat?"
>at this point traffic is gone and it's just you sitting with a que behind you and a bald man at your window
>do you help him?

They stopped using cam shafts in f1 in the 90's, when will we see this in every shitbox?

It will never happen. It's already too late.

My car pisses oil down the street while I drive. Fight me cucks.

Unless they fix EVs slow refill and inability to stockpile energy problems, internal combustion will be a thing, the only thing that'll probably change is petrol to LPG or corn juice.

>one more electronic shit that will make the car completely unusable if it fails

>valves and camshafts never fail!

Having a solenoid failure would just mean the ECU would shut down that cylinder and tell you to get your shit fixed. Having a timing belt or chain failure means you're going to need a new motor if you have an interference engine because you now have valves living in your pistons.

I'll give you the corn juice, but we won't be driving them anymore.

they don't

r-right

Stop having alopecia you fucking alien.

This they could easily design pneumatic valves to shut completely when they fail preventing damage.

You might not be but I will not be getting in one of those anytime soon.

Looks like a Miata.

implying they will make cars for human scum within the next 30 years

>Cost
Pneumatic tappet actuators are cheaper than camshafts, significantly cheaper.

fail safe

>pop-up headlights
>86

What are you trying to imply user?

The picture clearly shows pop-up headlights. How retarded does one have to be to assume it's an 86?

>Koenigsegg
>head looks like an egg