Anyone knows anything here?

With a 90 degree v6 with cylinders numbered 1-3 on left bank and 4-6 on right bank looking at the engine from the harmonic balancer, and spinning clockwise from your point of view, what would be the crank interval with this firing order? Assume each crank pin only has 1 throw with no offset crank pins, each spaced 120 degrees apart, therefore an odd fire engine.
The firing order is 1-5-4-2-6-3.
In other words what is the crank angle between each cylinder firing.

Do your own homework

About 3 50

who cares v6 a shit anyway

I initially thought intervals of 90-30 recurring, but that doesn't sound right.
>t. claims i6 is perfectly balanced without understanding why

Akshully, scratch that. That'd make it a two stroke.

>go to google
>type in [engine] firing order

I did, I got no answer.

That's not what OP was asking though

what brand of motor is it? generally makes will follow the same order for almost all the motors in their lineup

ITT people who don't know a damn thing and deflect their lack of knowledge or understanding.

Custom motor, thinking of how a crankshaft can be made to accommodate this firing order.

1-5-4-2-6-3

Did the math, for this theoretical engine it should be 90-150 degrees recurring.

60 degrees obviously
now fuck off retard

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Thank you, you are a smart person.

I don't think that can be right. from 5 to 4 has to be 120 degrees. Actually, I'm not sure that firing order is even possible. 1-5-2-4-6-3 would be possible but then you'd have:
150°, 1-5
90°, 5-2
30°, 2-4
120°, 4-6
90°, 6-3
240°, 3-1

Any way you hack it, if 4 comes after 5, that interval has to be 120°. If you don't believe me, make a fake crankshaft (I used a pencil and 3 spade terminals lol) and spin it around with a right angle drawn on a piece of paper in the background.

nvm this I numbered my banks wrong.

Heh, looked at your post for a while, but I'm pretty sure by your numbers that third firing event should be a skip sequence (exhaust-intake TDC) and come into effect during the "240" degree event.
Sounds like you realised that :P

Actually when I numbered my banks right it was even worse. There's two different ways to arrange the crankshaft, and here are the degree intervals for both of them (using the 1-5-4-2-6-3 firing order):
1-5: 210 or 330
5-4: 240 or 120
4-2: 30 or 150
2-6: 210 or 330
6-3: 270 (doesn't matter how)
3-1: 120 or 240

Either arrangement yields more than 720 degrees of rotation so this is unquestionably an impossible firing order for a 90° V6 with a shared-throw crank.

This almost described a 3800, except the firing order on that engine is 1-6-5-4-3-2

Yeah, the pattern I've come up with fires both pistons on each journal simultaneously, which wouldn't be good for first order vibration and similar to an inline three (engine firing lineal up the crankshaft).

The 3800 has a split journal crankshaft so is irrelevant to this discussion.

That's exactly what the GM 90° V6s did. Except they went from back to front.

Well then, on that note I stick with my 150-90 recurring. It'll be journal by journal.
I guess those lineal forces can always be tuned out with a balance shaft anyway.

Damn. You tuners are nuts and I love it

Well done OP.
I'm sure everyone will be queuing up to suck your cock when you tell us all about this thing you just learnt.
Great thread by the way. Can't wait to hear more stories just like this one!
Liked and subscribed.

Not 1-4-3-6-2-5 firing order, cuck.

Notice how I said almost?

>almost
It has two similarities in the cylinder count and bank angle, but the other factors deem it completely irrelevant. You may as well be talking about a 3 cylinder