/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Was intimidated by the flag on the pole:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtu.be/igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtu.be/j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted Ringed Knight armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtu.be/G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtu.be/UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
DLC weapon stats: imgur.com/a/00ozT
IGN PvP gameplay (shitty players, but showcases some weapons): youtu.be/HFR6YZTlNz8 youtu.be/CH-ZJfeO9iw
IGN PvE gameplay (nothing new before 5:54): youtu.be/F61tviDEgi0
First boss fight: gamespot.com/videos/dark-souls-3-ringed-city-dlc-demon-prince-boss-gam/2300-6437751/

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ttTyzbyUtTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Priscilla!

At what SL do FTH builds become viable in DS3?

Are caster faithbuilds ever viable?

The big fancy banner is just a spear with a buff weapon art?
Disappointing, but I should have expected it I guess.

>come to think of it, the only HONORABLE thing to do is-

When you can get 60 Faith and meet the requirements for the weapon you want; you probably want at least 27 Vig too

It's an AoE buff. A few of the new things they're introducing seem geared towards the team games in the arena.

And shafting invaders

Youtube mirror of the Gamespot boss fight:

youtube.com/watch?v=ttTyzbyUtTs

Should replace the other link in the next OP.

They went overboard with this choice of dlc entrance, even more obscure than AotA

Sl40 or Sl50 for invading?

Who are your Souls favorite ecelebs that are still doing Souls content?

Why would The Ringed City lag my system?

Where?

So, besides Earthen Peak, do we know any areas from DasI/II will come back?

Because supposedly it's a huge city and the optimization in DS3 is shit in general.

>used to come to generals partially just to find more Priscilla artwork
>I've seen absolutely all of it by now
>even the really terrible stuff
>now it's just name dropping about discord arena shit and shitposting about terrible atheism in videogames

I don't know why I'm still here, but I somehow feel as if I've lost more control of my life than when I was just collecting Priscilla fan art.

In general. Trying to figure out if Farron+Catacombs+Smouldering Lake is better than Irithyll pre/post Pontiffs and the dungeon

Any bonuses for pre ordering DLC like early access? Or I shouldn't care

I don't think it has any pre-order bonus.

I'm at 60 in the catacombs and get pretty consistent activity

Oroboro said he was going to start making some again so I guess he wins by default because I don't know of any others that are doing souls at the moment

Lobosjr has Lobroborne going on at the least.

fucking nigger invaders. my game feels like germany.

We don't know any others yet. Probably the most recognizable landmarks. Drangleic castle should be there in some shape or form. I can't think of too many others from 2.

DaS2 even getting a callback is bad. Game should just be forgotten about.

IT'S OUT IN A WEEK WHY AREN'T THERE MORE LEAKS

>oroboro
>winning anything
He loses just by dint of being oroboro.

Yeah, the lack of memorable areas really speaks for itself.

I bought the season pass back in October, and in my steam library it appears that Ringed city wasn't added. Anyone else?

Nah, that's just your gay opinion, you memer

Why do you want it spoiled for you? You should be happy we have almost no clue what's coming after the first boss.

>tfw haven't seen anything outside of their first gameplay trailer and the recent ShitGN pvp arena ones

Looking at 2 alone, I'd say 7 of its areas are recognizable enough to show up. Majula, Undead Purgatory, Iron Keep, Drangleic Castle, Aldia's Keep, Dragon Shrine, and Throne of Want. I doubt they'll do any DLC locations since some players haven't played them, but I could be wrong.

>tfw have seen nothing besides the reveal trailer

Posting from the old thread: Could someone on PS4 please drop me the Firelink chestpiece, or help me mule it from another save? I want to wear it for Fashion Souls but I don't want to open up the Kiln until after beating TRC.

>Iron Keep
Pls no, it's a fucking garbage level even by DS2 standards.

Dragon Shrine is essentially Archdragon Peak.

>Throne of Want
You mean a dull cave with no features?

Why was Bamco so adamant about not revealing the new weapon stats ? Are they going to be changed in the final release ?

Pure faith is ass, you best bet is making some kind of hybrid build which is less ass, but still gets shat on by pretty much anything else. To add insult to injury, most "faith weapons" either have crap faith scaling or are just terrible

Dragonslayer spear is a dex weapon and Wolnirs greatsword has that shitty bastard sword moveset. The only weapon you could argue is a decent faith weapon (still shit scaling, but high req's) is the DS Sword Spear, but in my experience it falls in between two categories despite having decent HA

I get that magic build in general were kinda OP in DaS2, but they went way overboard, especially regarding faith

The only redeeming quality is L2 cast of SL-spear and stake and even then it means you have to trade and potentially suffer more damage than they do

So imo, Faith never becomes viable

What about Shrine of Amana? That one was pretty memorable.

I just want Lmaoym Ayyc to show up desu

The Ivory King deserves it

kys

That's probably going to be it.

probably nerfed to shit with rapier moveset.

I loved spears in ds2, but I am having trouble with them in DS3 in pertaining to invasions. Are spears just outclassed or are they only viable in duels? I am having a hard time vs more then one opponent.

I really wish the Sunset set wasn't so heavy. I like it. This is something I put together due in part to an absence of the helm (it makes me fat roll).

Did Son of Kangz get you?

I've been invaded several times by some dude with a Javelin and the most Negro looking character around.

I won't be surprised if they change the scaling to C/C/E/E.

Did he wear Wolnirs crown?

>He got invaded by Spear Chucker
Top Zoz

no, i'd appreciate getting rekt by such chars but it's just fucking plebs all over Irithyll who fuck up my progress.
i've seen a perfect jew though, Shekelstein. he was sunbroing at Yhorm.

It's called The Ringed City for a reason.

Looked like it, yeah. Skinny black character model in a loincloth, like Marvin from South Park.

He was mostly throwing the Javelin, running away and then throwing it again, and doing gestures.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the Pontiff?

Darkmoons are aggressive as fuck and will chase after you, giving the host and his phantom(s) confidence to run after you. I don't alt-F4 but I will definitely chug and pull some shit if a Moon comes.

He did nothing wrong

>I will definitely chug and pull some shit if a Moon comes.
you should be doing that anyway

>Deacons of the Deep bow to the Pontiff
>In contact with the Profaned Flame
>Possess psychic-like abilities
>Controlls Irythill with an iron but fair fist
>Own castles & banks globally
>Direct descendant of the ancient tree blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities in the Deep (Sullygrad will be be the first city)
>Owns 99% of the Way of the White chruches on Earth
>Said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in izalithian monasteries & Anor Londo
>Ancient izalithian scriptures tell of an angel who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with him
>Pontiff is in regular communication with the Deep, forwarding the word of Aldrich to the Way of the White. Who do you think set up the meeting between the Aldrich & Gwyndolin (First meeting between the two in over 1000 years) and arranged the Way of the White leaders first trip to the Deep in history
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with him.
>Pontiff is about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the First Flame to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he is a benevolent being.

Am I Bloodborne yet?

having things spoiled for me doesn't really affect my enjoyment of any media, and I just wanna know what happens

>Darkmoons are aggressive as fuck and will chase after you
They get summoned so rarely, so there's incentive to "make this one count".

I'm at SL 120 with 60 faith and it kicks ass, although in pvp it's more like a knight with an assortment of lightning infused weapons that waits for a perfect opportunity to cast a sunlight spear or a lightning storm.

As far as pve goes, as soon as you can start casting lightning stake and get both miracle rings you'll start melting everything.

Are you floating? I hope you have a crescent axe to transform to

>Making this post again
>Responding to your own post again

I swear I see more of this shit on /dsg/ than anywhere else, it's like a new flavor of 4kings fag.

>he hasn't taken the Pontpill

wake up asheeple

Do you ever get tired of embarrassing yourself?

I wonder how the dual doors will look like when wielded on your back.

Does anyone know?

rekt

>Edit screencap
>Respond to yourself again

There's nothing interesting about the pontiff except the stuff that people had to make up because he's lame.

>wake up
>go through the rest of last thread
>"doggos can't spawn in Farron's Keep"

What?
Has this always been the case? I remember being invaded back in the first month of the game and being invaded right in fron of big wolf's ladders. Although I can't ascertain if it was a doggo or not. That sounds dumb tho. That's like if Al's buddies never spawned near the silver knight stairway.

>lame.
Wot? He's the goddamn pope of Anor Londo and almost every bit of lore in the game can be traced back to him. Nobody needs to make up stuff about him when all the info is there.
Also he's a ten foot monster dual wielding enchanted glowing greatswords to one of the best ost in the game, and is widely regarded as one of the hardest bosses in the game after NK and SoC. There is no lame there

Also he feels like a reference or allusion to the Witch King of Angmar, which makes him ten times cooler than he already was.

>Nobody needs to make up stuff about him when all the info is there.

Then why do people constantly make stuff up about him?

>widely regarded as one of the hardest bosses in the game
>can be parried to death like Gwyn

Keh heh heh heh

9 fuckin days lkeft

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I should have said "regarded as one of the hardest bosses by anyone that isn't a parryfag"

More like 10, because burgers.

game's fucking dead already.
got to Irithyll back courtyard after Pontiff.
>oh cool it's the main pvp area from all the videos
look around
0 signs around
only the occasional covenant nigger invades

>I should have said "regarded as one of the hardest bosses but not actually one of the hardest bosses"

So, they pushed the release date back?

I recall it was the 24th or 25th

DAMN AMERICLAPS HAVING A FINGER IN THE MARMELADE JAR

It was always the 28th.

i thought the release was the 28th?

Probably not intentional, but still cool

>Go through the new DLC stuff
>No new poison weapons or toxic weapons

Dammit From. At the very least it looks like we're going to get the tracers back but it wouldn't at all surprise me if the silver tracer is no longer toxic.

>speedtest tells me 13ping
>voice chat on discord is unbearable to everyone because my voice is always breaking up
>Being summoned to another world
>Unable to join session
>Invading another world
>Unable to join session

What the fuck? I know this isn't /g/ or whatever but how come my net is fucking up but it stays stable on speedtests and the like?
I just wanna be summoned as a dorkmoon before it's too late.

Stop being Australian.

Not using parrying on bosses because "muh hardcore" is one of the most retarded things ever.

I'm Portugoose. 35mb dload speed. I don't know why it's happening now.

Stop being Portuguese.

Fair enough.
I wish I could user.

not everyone can masterfully execute a parry against a duel-wielding Artorias on crack, except for that first lunge attack

Balance patch and the new arenas are out on the 24th. Actual DLC is out on March 28th, like it was announced from the very beginning.

I can't stand his brother. Nice guy, but irritating watching him run head first into a brick wall so much

This game wouldnt be dead if it was free. Checkmate

If I use the dried fingers once and then go on to survive several invasions do I have to keep using them to reset the timer, or just the one time at the start?

PATCH NOTES WHEN

Even before I met kaathe I always felt like gwyn was a jew that had cheated his way to power. That's why I killed gwyn.

Likely tomorrow. Patch notes for Friday patches have usually been released on Mondays.

Another day and DaS3 is still the worst souls game.
It's funny wouldn't you say?

I don't like your opinion.