Miata confirmed shit

Miata confirmed shit

>9465 sold in 2016

considering the low stock early on, certain countries selling initial units as 2015s, and the news of the upcoming RF models, it did pretty good.

and if you think that's an excuse, look at the released numbers for Q1:
Jan 2017
>929, up 369 from Jan 2016
Feb 2017
>1108, up 349 from Feb 2016
Mar 2017
>1345, up 255 from Mar 2016
if it keeps pace, the 2017 sales numbers can be projected to be 11260-13225, very good for a 2 seater

>if it keeps pace
fuck off retard

Why Aren't Millenials Enjoying A Fun Ride Around Town?

>However, it just isn't practical, which might be holding it back.

no... the pricing is holding it back

>more expensive than a GT86 and much harder to daily

Most enthusiasts can't afford to spend over 30k on a weekend/track car, and can't daily something with 3 cubic ft of trunk space and next to zero cabin storage. The SkyActiv engine is also harder to modify than the FA20. Anyone who cares about power would rather get a Boostang or V6 Camaro for the same price as a Miata.

It makes perfect sense that they sell terribly.

pace of % over 2016 sales, not constant sales pace
I'm not that dumb

k i c

>tfw Miata too small

Fuck this shit

Reminder the miata is faster than the Toyobaru

the cabin storage is pretty good actually
gloveboxes behind each seat as well in the center over the CD player. The PE-VPS used in the ND has forged internals from the factory, so it's ready for some forced induction. if you're worried about the transmission issues the early models have, Mazda solved it for 2017 and seems to be swapping them into 2016 cars when they break, even if the user modified the ecu and engine.

mexico here

it's selling really, really fucking well.

>mainly because it literally costs 18k usd here

pic related, 350k mxn msrp

Fug

>forced induction in a car with 14:1 compression ratio

Wew

BBR got 214HP out of it with strictly NA tuning, I'd rather go for that

Dayum homie.

I am a Californian, why the hell not drive down to Mehhiko and buy one, then bring it back to US of gAy?

Because They Dont Have Any Fucking Money You Gen X Dickhead

Because you'd need to wait 25 years, thats why these laws exist, so that manufacturers can make extra money

Why not just get it registered down there and drive it over the border?

Because they're gigacucks raised by single moms who never let them have fun when they were kiddos.
fuarrrk

Well check your local laws then, you might have to get a permit

it's 13:1 in the US, and BBR mostly got that with upgraded valve springs to increase the redline.

>A roadsters sales go up as the weather gets warmer
>sells really well in warm climate areas

really makes you think doesnt it

I dailyed one just fine...for summer.

Felt retarded in winter though. The hard top solves the problem but its got bad blind spots.

i believe you can do that, atleast in mexico you're allowed to have american cars registered in the border states. they're called "Carros fronterizos" But they can only circulate on border states, and require you to re-register them every 6 months.

It costs $26k here in Chile. There are no huge specific taxes to vehicles here, it's just that dealerships are jews.

you owe me a new pair of sides there buddy

Cause they want the goverment to give them a car