When did Hondas get so ugly?

When did Hondas get so ugly?

The EK9 was the last good Civic, the S2000 was the last good Honda. They can't even do well in motorsports anymore, with Honda engines being the worst both in IndyCar and F1.

The new Type R is fast at least, but god damn is it ugly and bloated.

I can only dream of seeing such Beauty in person. i long for the day i can see the Best NSX™ close up.

nice audi R8 bro

>IndyCar
Eh, i think they are still doing well in Indycar even though [Real people not actors] is giving them stiff competition.

Am I the only one who thinks the new Civic and especially the new Civic Type R actually look pretty good?

>2800lbs is bloated
I want this meme to stop

Also just to add to the Motorsports thing they were going to win their first race in GTD (GT3 spec) class at their debut in Daytona but another car hit them and pic related was the result costing them the race. they led for the majority of the time though. I wish Honda would put this shit in gear and go for the VLN Nurburgring races. if they won a Nurbrugring race it will seal the deal on this car for me

It's not just Honda, the japanese currently don't make a single good looking car. Every.single.one. is ugly

*teleports behind you*

Sorry fanboy, the GTFRBRZ86 is positively fugly from the front. The stylists were smoking crack when they put pen to paper and made that ugly angry fishface shit

I fucking love yellow cars with black rims and accents. If I could get that car with smoked tail lights and tinted windows my dick would be rock hard.

Also god damn that Civic looks like a mashup of all the worst parts of an Evo X and WRX.

Someone must have used a biological weapon with hallucinogenic effects on japan that infected all of their designers. All of their cars look like some regular boring normal car with parts of it warped, stretched and distorted in photoshop.

>those fenders
>that grill
I will never ever understand contemporary Lexus grills. Like you said it just looks like somebody liquified this in photoshop. If I saw one in real life I'd start questioning my own perception.

That looks great though

source? I can't find it so stop lying

we PS1-tier graphics now

My crx is 1943lbs

I thought you were lying, but it actually is under 3000lbs. Huh.

around the same time they started adding fake plastic grills so that normies would think it's rice

I like it
gonna get one after dealers get rid of markup
Gonna get rid of that wing though 1st thing

>forgetting the JDM EP3
Nigga pls

Of course it's behind the Civic. Slower than a minivan.

When they stopped being too bland to notice. Honda don't seem to have a middle ground setting for styling.

This. I really want a Civic Si.

How does the EP3 compare to the EK9 though?

That's actually pretty decent for a new car

t. Honda General fuccboi

What's wrong with the fg2, besides the gay gauge cluster?

100% sure someone did that on purpose.

Honestly its like two or 3 design reviews away from being an aesthetically pleasing car.

...that fact it well sell anyway just puts this bs.. into perspective.

Its just how the man wants it.

under
rated

EP3 looks like a shrunken minivan
pretty much every other civic since 1990 looks better

Can someone explain this aesthetic choice?

Less likely to get stolen, upgraded interior (especially if there's carbon fiber trim rather than that silver plastic), the ep3 will never go as fast on some simple mods but it's still plenty quick.

>looks like a shrunken minivan
It fucking DOES.

The engine's got pep, but not like other Si's. Much more comfortable to drive daily, and the suspension is fantastic. Corners feel like they should.
Not as dangerous as an EK9, though, if you like a bit more of that.

Are you high?

I have no idea my man. That whole area surrounding fog lights seems retarded.

poor people on Veeky Forums are the worst

shitting up every honda and bmw thread
>m-muh 500k mile ek9 is the last good cibic!!!1! i got it for $200!!

That's actually the sensor for their forward collision warning system.
I used to work at Honda etc.

Your CRX is also a tin can waiting to be crushed by Sally in her Tahoe on her way to highschool

How does that gear shifter feel? It's such a weird placement but I kind of love it.

Literally on Honda's website. No I'm not going to spoon feed you

>Forgetting the JDM FD2

Nigger, please.

I like it. Sorta reminds me of the rexie

I thought it might be an issue when I was looking for cars, but the first time I drove it, it felt natural after a few minutes. Won't be happy about going back to a regular shift knob when I have to get another car.

Front looks alright, it's the back of these recent Hondas that look like a literal ass.

Any pigfats in here?

I am always try to have a super good outlook on modern cars and advancements and such but I just cant do it for Honda.
When we said we wanted a new civic hatchback we didnt mean just a fucking sedan with a hatch over the trunk, we want basically a 2 door Fit with a better engine. Hell even just a tuned version of the Fit would be more like an old civic than the new one.
Love the Crz though, an Si model would kill on it.

pic not related

I think the new Impreza looks pretty good

I live near the Ohio Honda plant. Saw it for the first time on the road a year before it went on sale. Even got the chance to sit in it cause someone in my neighborhood had one for a test drive, he worked at the plant.

>poorfag who can't buy it so must hate it

>hondafaggot fanboy bitch thinks he's rich because he can afford a motherfucking civic

Most 86 kiddies can't even do that, have to resort to leasing and financing with 25% APR while pulling 3 McJobs to support their vaping addiction

>not wanting to die in a ball of fire with you first love

>What's wrong with the fg2

it doesn't have four doors

My first love was T boned by a snow blow

RIP in peace '79 Lesabre with your glorious underpowered Olds 429

plow*

>EK9
>last good civic
I think you mean FG2

the double dash cluster is the best part senpai

Absolutely nothing. That is the last good Civic.

It's actually not, the interior is sheit and the paint is thinner than Doug's hair

Honda cut costs like crazy on it

The one you experienced was probably a Canadian built one, my brother has one that was built in the Marysville Ohio plant, and it has great paint and the interior is better than I expected for a cheap shitbox.

lmao the interior is far superior to any other compared year econoshitbox racer of the time and paint issues were only in select pre-facelift models produced, which got a recall.

The clear coat issues were only on Canadian built cars

>interior
compared to other similarly-priced cars of the era? No
>Paint
It is actually one of the better paints. But the Ohio one, not the Canadian one.

I drive an 8th gen manual, non-si. Flawless.

When they designed the EK.

When they started designing cars to appeal to chinks (around the time everyone else started doing the same thing)