freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/ryunocore/sets/cleft-knight-ost
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for linux

second for arch

Willing to do art for the right game. Let's talk.

>getting into gamedev for shekels
wew lad, next youre going to tell me you do canvas commissions on the side for bill money.

Not interested

What tool do you use to draw?

Why aren't you using Panda3D, user? You can script in both Python and C++, it's open source, free, and not loaded with DRM like Unity.

What's some required reading about setting up an LLC? I don't want my personal assets (such as car, laptop, future wages) seized in costly patent litigation

reminder that this is the kind of person who will be playing your game

>set yourself for life
Get your head out of your ass.
Bioware games sell in ~5 million copies range.
They are an EA subsidiary with 1200 employees, half of their revenue rolls in after discount sales, they probably make 10 cents on a dollar from every copy and that's being generous, actual profit after EA, Sony, Microsoft, Steam and physical retailers take their cuts, budget/salaries gets covered, something's set aside for future development, they are left with a fucking pittance.

literally

why do I never get progress (You)s

Show me the post, I'll give some feedback

People are jealous most of the time or your work is so bad its not even worth commenting.

soundcloud.com/ryunocore/sets/cleft-knight-ost

Two tracks from Cleft Knight are up!

Typically when progress is really good I'll have nothing to say. I don't want to post "Nice!" to every progress post. So I only reply when I have something useful to say.

Any serious inquiries?

what program are you using?

>oh boy, I can finally make some interesting and visual progress !
>end up making an actor to handle spawning and despawning enemies as the level goes on
hurray for geme devving

Post art.

PROGRESS: Got the graphics settings working, with toggling effects in real-time.

I usually only reply to progress if the dev asks a question. I usually don't feel like helping google identify lawn chairs enough to post unless someone needs help.

That's already better than most AAA games.

Is anyone else thinking Captcha is going way over the fucking line lately?
Not only are they forcing people to do some questionably legal shit, I've had to solve more than 5 in a row more than once. And no it wasn't "please try again kind", just more shit to solve.

>tfw you realize your game is boring

Speed everything up by 1.5x to 2x. Sometimes a game might just be too slow, and is more fun when it's faster.

Good afternoon fellow autists.
Its already looking better.

Stress testing the new animation system. Should feel pretty good, be efficient and not crash at all at some point.

Daily reminder: Stop making shitte Early Access games like

upside down it kinda looks like an F4

>says user, as he posts a picture of """"""""""pixel art"""""""""" made with shit geometry, flat colors and disgusting modern PP effects

>he makez 3d games

I fucking love bloom in pixel art.

Debate me.

>implying pixelshit is the only valid 2D style

Found the nodev.

You are entitled to your opinion

Mean looking plane thats for sure

Yes user, I'm criticizing someone's 2D drawing technique, because I'm making 3D games.
Incredible deduction methods you've got there, retard.

stay mad 3d shitter. The world has no place for no-talented people like you.

>tfw I need to finish my game before the indie meme ends

cant come soon enough 2bh.
Want all these faggots who dont even like games to go.

I'm not making 3D games you fucking insane person.

Ofcourse you're not, nodev.

Fixing bugs is progress, right?

It's already dying. Poor white boy oma won't be able to compete with the upcoming VR headset boom, you will need to have studio which can push out AAA assets or you will be fucked

By the time I finish my game my parents will kick me out of the house no one will be buying indie games anymore, I will have to pay 10000 dollars just to get on steam. All I can do is hope for HL3

What's the game plan?

VR boom

Small city builder.

Stop obsessing over 'progress'. It's more important that you enjoy yourself.

if it dies then definitely for different reasons than vr meme

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would generate a terrain, before having any gameplay.

>VR
Shit, I forgot that existed. There truly is no salvation

VR doesn't need AAA assets, probably the >BEST VR game so far is Budget Cuts and that has some pretty basic (but clean and well done) graphics.

Being in this for "enjoyment" is a great way to never actually finish anything.

Oh great, it's the 2017 version of the idiot who used to to go like "lol computers? normal people will never use them, they are for scientists"
"lol portable phone? that will never catch on!"
etc etc
in a decade or two using a monitor instead of vr headset for gaming will be on par with using VHS tapes today to watch movies from

I'm getting kind of sick of GameMaker Studio.
Considering I'm an IT student now I'd be better off using C++ or Java instead and kill 2 birds with one stone (make gaem and improve coding language) right?

How would I even go about this? Are there engines to use for Java and C++? Or would I have to code things like level editors myself?

Java is incredibly similar to using C# in Unity, and UE4 is C++

My game will surely be the next Braid/Limbo!

>C++
ue4

Oh great, it's the 1996 version of the idiot who used to go like "lol computers? normal people will never use them, they are for scientists"
"lol microwave? that will never catch on!"
etc etc
in a decade or two using a monitor instead of vr headset for gaming will be on par with using cassettes today to listen to music from

Imagine if Godot used a proper language that wasn't retardedly slow.

It would be the #1 2D engine for sure.

I know you are reading this Godot devs, stop making stupid shit like visual scripting.

>he makes VR games

thank you

Am I right in assuming Unity would be better if all I wanted to do was 2D games?

VR headset is a shitty gimmick that's been around since 1995 (literally longer than you) and so far it's sti still shit

>in a decade or two using a monitor instead of vr headset for gaming will be on par with using cassettes today to listen to music from
or it's going to be like betamax, minidiscs and literal virtual reality headsets from the 90s

your expensive format that nobody uses is a disaster waiting to happen

>Budget Cuts
The only reason why games like that can survive is because the big idustry animals haven't fully jumped on the vr wagon yet. Once you will start getting the battlefield and dragon age diarrhea in the VR market, indies will be fucked. Also don't forget that people who grew up with shitty graphics and don't mind them are entering their late 20s and 30s and will either stop gaming due to work/family or severely limit gaming, and the gaming community will consist mainly of, now grown up, cancer kids, who consider mass effect 1 graphics as absolute bare minimum to be playable and will prefer current cutting edge graphics

Add pygame to your list of Engines! Pygame is a perfectly legitimate Engine and just as good as Unity.

Better in the same sense that using an Xbox 360 controller to hammer a nail is probably better than using a curtain rail.

90s VR and todays VR share only their names and that is it. The only reason why the 90s vr failed is because the technology wasn't there yet. Same reason why leo davinci's plane failed. But currently the VR technology is pretty much there, they just need to work out the kinks which will take mere years to do.

I see what you mean
I've just heard people say that UE4 is too bloaty for 2D game development

I'll look into it more closely

if you break 100k you have to give unity money

like that'll ever happen tho hahahahaha

Gasp!!

>ue4 crashes without warning because it didn't have enough memory to allocate for textures
>I'm still using placeholder art
wonderful

Will's willy

Just like 3D TVs, right?

the "kinks", such as not making you squint into a tiny screen in front of your fucking face (literally same shit as 90's VR)

Until they can create a separate perception of reality inside the brain using electromagnetism or some such, VR is read in the fucking water.

Just like color TVs

Mass appeal isn't exclusive appeal, a huge hit doesn't kill smaller games as evidenced by the fact that indies and AAA coexist just fine right now.

>b-b-but only a handful of indies are ever popular while the rest of forgotten for all eternity
It has been like this since the beginning of recorded history and is not some new phenomenon.

>b-b-but look at the utterly abhorrent state of the android market! shitty cashgrab games everywhere and the few good games are never noticed!
That's Google's doing, they actively promote shitty practices like ads and IAP and it's not some natural order of things, they could easily clean up the Play Store with more sane practices but they are an ad company and ads are their business.

There's also a lot of things already implemented you can't see on a screen: player controls are pretty much complete, pathfinding shouldn't be too far now either.
It's not a game yet, but it's taking shape.

Do you even understand how VR works retard? The lenses on the thing make is so that the screen looks like it's far away and your eyes focus much farther away.

You are an ignorant retard.

→the point

you

Unless you come with tech that sends information directly into visual cortex, fooling the person to think they are actually seeing things first hand, not on a screen, you have nothing to improve. VR is fucking dead.

t. retard that never even tried a VR set trying to comment on shit he doesn't know about

Even the relatively low fidelity screens of VR sets today look utterly immersive and enough to fool you pretty convincingly, all it needs is a denser resolution and higher FOV and it would basically look like real life.

>IT'S NOT LITERALLY MATRIX WAAH IT'S SHIT WHY WOULD YOU WATCH A MOVIE IN A 2D SCREEN IF IT'S NOT EXACTLY LIKE REAL LIFE WAAH
Holy shit kill yourself retard.

This is what the VR haters actually think video games look like. Because they can't make games. Only """""""""levels""""""""" that look like literal tranny vomit. I guess because a tranny vomited them out. Lol. :)

>tfw rewritting the same code for the 4th time

>WHY WOULD YOU WATCH A MOVIE IN A 2D SCREEN IF IT'S NOT EXACTLY LIKE REAL LIFE WAAH

I totally prefer 2D movies to 3D ones and for a good reason
it's a gimmick
and your buyer's remorse won't convert anyone

>Holy shit kill yourself retard

what did he mean by this?

Where is your game?

god you are dumb

I don't even own a VR set but I used one, it's too expensive right now and the design and technology are still way too volatile.

I used 2D screens as an example to point out how fucking dumb your "it's not literally matrix so it's bad" argument is, if you ever used a VR set you would know it's far more than just a 3D screen strapped to your face.

give it up, the vr meme is already dead

(You)

>it's far more than just a 3D screen strapped to your face
a screen strapped to your face with headtracking?

It shorthand for "this argument is silly and not going anywhere, let's wrap this up and continue working on our games"

Don't argue with autists, it's a pointless battle

>hating on VR because he has no VR game

Looks like we have to give the Menz & Mollyz another call.....

(You)

Why are so many fucking idiots going 3D?

It's fucking retarded no matter how you look at it.

Have fun continuing to totally f REEK out for me, monkey. :)