/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is for 3DS is officially out in Japan.

MHGen to MHX Save Transfer: pastebin.com/Z1PPuX5F
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=30ikOWOgUvY
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cYh9VntlUYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so Im almost G3 and the monsters are starting to hit really hard. is it time to farm a new armor set? I still have the DK rathalos set

Shit.

should I skip Generations??

stupid newbie

If you haven't got it now you're better off waiting for XX

Can anyone please link me the video where someone very fast Speedrun using Brave Bow on Barioth during the MHXX demo?

I want to try create a gunner file on my 4U, while waiting for the localized version of MHXX.

Yes. Just play 3U/4U

Deviant HA bonus was a mistake. Makes almost every non deviant weapon automatically trash.

I've made maybe half of the last fifty OPs but whatever.
Dumb mistake, at least I fixed the ?????.

>Got sick of Divine Ire clownsuit in 4G
>Made a Handicraft/Razor Sharp clownsuit in 4U on a new file with just armor pieces from Seltas, Teostra, Garuga and Fatalis
>Enjoyed hunting alone inna(ever)woods because I get to look at my cape regardless of the clipping.

i dont get brave lbg, do the hop-bullets change per gun? is there some gimmick im missing? or does it just suck

youtube.com/watch?v=cYh9VntlUYA

Is that Mantis GS?

That insect that controls a machine is the dumbest thing in MH history. It's not even "so dumb it's good", it's just stupid and unfitting. Le epic gimmick fight.

It's shit, you're better off running HBG brave.

Your opinion means nothing. The game is already out.

Can Lao's tail be chopped off?

Yes, with His Immenseness's LS

Huge amount of mindless gathering quests, the game ensures you'll never have enough zenny for what you need, each village is barebones and nothing more than a cheap shot at nostalgia, styles make the game way too easy and anime-like, 4U was better in every way. It also brought back a lot of the most tedious FU monsters while leaving out the most fun ones.

Ouma Diablos armor skills

True Ouma Soul (AuL, Evasion+2, Composed), Resentment (AuL while you have red health), Hatred Critical

>the game way too easy and anime-like, 4U was better in every way. It also brought back a lot of the most tedious FU monsters while leaving out the most fun ones.
So 4U.

>can't make guard+2, artillery expert, razor sharp, load up, speed sharpening for maximum explosion brave GL

It's shit.

FU brought back a load of the interesting elder dragons. Generations gave us the cephadrome

Is Hatred Critical a new skill?

>It also brought back a lot of the most tedious FU monsters while leaving out the most fun ones.
Who?

>silver sol z and hellblade will be meta
fucking ichinose

lol

Rooms?

4U had the cephadrome too

>both flagships in a G game have shit equip
is this a first?

It normalizes negative crits when they proc

Cephadrome was brought back by 4U, retard. In fact it was a main point with Monoblos in one of the trailers.

Dumbass.

>no weakness exploit
>no critical boost
It's trash.

Double AuL > crit boost

Wrong, it has a chance to turn a negative crit into a boosted positive one.

Who could be fucking proud about bringing back cephadrome?
All it fucking does is run away and flop around with full body hitboxes. fucker can't even keep its head still while down.

What HR?

Give me things you can't find an excuse to post anymore.

>40 raw on 300+ attack weapons is greater than a 30-40% damage boost with a crit boost set.
Might want to check your numbers there

Sounds interesting. Would that skill with Bludgeon make something like a Worn weapon viable?

>30-40% damage boost
LOOOOL

>two right hands
Haven't seen this in a while

Let's get this shit started

GX White Fatalis

CE+3, Critical Boost, Fleet Feet (Evade Dist + Peak Performance), Horrible Luck
1/1/3/1/1 slots

Crit boost only gives 13-14% more damage.

Depends on the chance it has to turn negatives into positives.

This and other crops.

>0.4(Crit UP) * (0.3(CE+3) + .5(WE)) = 0.32
?????

>not good/patient enough to solo high rank
>online is full of bads who keep carting

The only winning move is not to play

You can do HR solo fine.

You're comparing it to non-crit, moron. Because non-crit boost set can crit too, you should have compare it to regular crit.

I don't want to spend 20-30 minutes per monster

Escadora X

Element Crit
EAU
Blightproof
Ruthlessness

no slots

Also, Valfalk's armor skill gives +40 attack and +50 to all element resistances.

Is there a save editor for XX yet?

If you gear up properly it's more like 15-20 for the majority of HR. Not too bad, if you can't manage longer battles I'm surprised you tolerate the majority of MH honestly. It's the definition of a slow burn game.

os what armor has honed blade?

Bruh
I'm trash and got knocked around by G urgent Diablos using all of my fucking potions, and that absolute floor was still only 20 minutes
Just hit the monsters, and nothing takes longer than that

So I'm trying to get some MHFU netplay going with someone else via PPSSPP + Tunngle + Adhoc Server. We can connect to the same gathering hall and it's fine at that stage, but when a quest starts it disconnects both of us within a few seconds. Has anyone bumped into a similar issue?

The port has been forwarded for Tuungle and we've taken turns being hosts.

any news on HR80~ monster quests unlocks?

do you guys still play online on MH on 3ds? I've never tried going online before, but I'm curious about playing with any anons who are interested.

Oh I'm surprised that I can stand to play MH at all aswell.
I don't find the actual gameplay fun at all.

Must be autism.

>no slots
what the fuck

EDW! EDW! EDW! EDW!

Well, that's an entirely different problem dude
Just don't play the game

yes

BAT MAN BAT MAN BAT MAN

Soon.
They're just preparing us in XX.

but it's fun to collect items and materials

What on god's green earth did you mean by this?
I'm comparing the deviant diablos fullset to the lodestar mix of gen and soon XX.

Lets go through this is a bit more detail with a 300 raw weapon and say the one for diablos has negative crit giving it an extra say... 10% dps while the one for memeset has zero.

>(300 + 40) * 1.1 = 374
>300 * 1.32 = 396
Oh? memeset still wins and doesn't have to be at red health? neat.

>white fatty set without honed blade
wtf

Regular White Fatalis has it.
It's also the only set that has it.

>+40 attack and Heroics
Whoa mama, its like F2 again

is it the same as 4u white fatty or fu white fatty z?

I could be wrong, but I don't think the 40 raw is applied before affinity

>nip dlc killed my set
>make a new charm to correct this error

thanks internet

You're comparing a full complete set with talisman and a set consist of armors only, you imbecile. You don't even know how hatred critical works. And who's to say you can't substitute it with other skills with the help of a talisman, just like silverwind mixed set which already been proven by Canta to be better than memesol?

Youre welcome, fucker.

these noobs that die to barufarukus air strike attack

>make a new charm
Explain? Does mhgen talisman editor work with xx?

By the way, Composed now also increases the charge rate of your brave gauge.

Raw is applied before crit.

You're moving the goalposts.
I made an educated guess of full deviant diablos versus lodestar mix, nothing more.

But I'm going to humor you and give the weapons in question 3 slots so we can remove charms from the equation. In this situation, the lodestar set can reach it's 32% boost without a charm, minus razor sharp.
Additionally, lets assume this theoretical weapon on the diablos set is perfect for hatred crit and gives a whopping 15% damage boost.

Diablos fullset is now at 391, use those 3 slots to beat 396.

Wow, it's fucking nothing.
You shouldn't even be using Brave, you dumb fuck.

I had that issue though I was just playing on coldbird

Only solution I ever found was just turning on DMZ for my computer in my router while I played.

Routers/PCs just really don't like ad hoc connections.

Baller
now to find the rest

I don't know about that, I'm just changing my shit in gen so I can export it to XX. I started last night with a piece of lodestar which crashed the game in armor screens if I selected it, including sets, so I had to go back and make changes.

What's the most ridiculous armor set and weapon from any of the games?

ebin

Brave GS and Brave HBG are fantastic, and at worst sidegrades
Brave GL doesn't solve the shot damage issue, but immensely helps the moveset alongside Adept
Brave Bow is situational great, but depends on the mobility of the monster
Brave CB is probably the best option online, but will likely suffer in damage solo

Options, sweetie

>Brave HBG
Can't wait to become a Gatling gun.

By the way, oddly enough, Ceadeus weapons and Helios X armor are in MHXX.

Helios X has HGE, Repeat Offender, EAU and Demonic Blessing. 3 slots.

I need MHX installed before I can convert my Gen save to XX, but all the links to MHX are dead everywhere...

Anyone have a link to the cia?

How do you have CFW and no freeshop, you mongoloid

here

Heading out for the day so I won't be able to reply.
My last word is that this is an educated guess in a hypothetical situation where hatred crit is the best skill ever and there are no/equal charms. Lodestar's weapon is 300 raw ooo 0% while diablos fullset's is 300 raw ooo the optimal -% for hatred.

Have a nice day.

first of all, it's a ticket game, so you don't need a cia

secondly, you don't need to install MHX if you can get the extdata to import and overwrite

savage jho db's are still the best for dragon, lao is shit, valfalk is meh, fatty is either paired with blast or lightning and requires s+2, magalas are shit as well

Kaiji in Frontier

This set is a miracle of the universe.

TIME TO BECOME KANGS