/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/604m58/the_tivoization_of_emulation_continues_i_expected/df4qryt/
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/604m58/the_tivoization_of_emulation_continues_i_expected/df4qv9x/
patreon.com/libretro
bountysource.com/teams/libretro
reddit.com/r/RetroArch/comments/5fdq72/retroarchlibretro_is_on_patreon/dak3141/
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/60b3ft/melonds_01_soon_a_thing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Retroarch a shit

16:30 if you guys want to know why I am usually upset the past few days
16:30 responses like this is why
16:30 reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/604m58/the_tivoization_of_emulation_continues_i_expected/df4qryt/
16:31 reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/604m58/the_tivoization_of_emulation_continues_i_expected/df4qv9x/
16:31 this cockroach wants to profit off our misfortune
16:31 this total piece of dogshit
16:31 fuck him

patreon.com/libretro
$872 per month

17:00 and how will I trademark retroarch if these bloodhounds on reddit even want to deny us a trifling $800 every month?
17:00 you know how much that costs for the entire world?
17:00 < larrykoubiak> yeah i know
17:01 < larrykoubiak> it's prohibitive
17:01 I mean you have some cocksucker like that on reddit who talks shit about us earning $800 a month
17:01 $800 isn’t fucking jack shit
17:01 a streamer can make $800 in a day
17:01 not a month

$800/mo is more than neetbux are for most.

SP needs to toughen up honestly. I stopped taking Byuu seriously a long time ago. SP needs to do the same. It's a waste of time and energy to get triggered this easily by some guy who has serious mental problems. Byuu think's recaptcha's emulators could run on low powered hardware. That's how far gone he is from reality.

Has anyone played through Skyward Sword without a Wiimote? What are the reccomended control schemes? Is it a pleasant experience, or mostly awful fighting against the controls?

fpbp

>try to play Bayonetta with an emulated wii U pro controller
>"connection with the controller has been lost. press any button to return to the game."
What?

Maybe, none, no, yes.

To play it without a wiimote you'll have to use a really outdated Dolphin build in which you can't even finish the game.
If you don't own a wiimotion plus then don't buy it for Skyward sword. Its not worth it. The game is fucking dogshit and you'll regret your investment immediately.

Check the archive for the last thread. A guy was working on it there.

Don't you have some threads on /v/ to shitpost in? SS is an enjoyable game, and newer official wiimotes come with motion+ integrated anyways.

>hurr durr if you don't agree with me its a shitpost

PJ64 core WHEN?

You heard it first: Libretro Corporation.

16:40 none of these emulator makers are ever going to get a single cent from me

16:54 well
16:54 I have had enough
16:54 and we will take the appropriate steps
16:54 that’s all I can say
16:54 in an industry that is scummy ; and
16:55 we are going to take back what is ours
16:55 likely some kind of official retroarch FPGA box or whatever and then also some kind of official arm soc box
16:55 except this stuff will actually be decent

17:04 fuck it
17:04 we start our own company; we make our own FPGA box, our own low-cost ARM Linux box
17:05 the FPGA box will be the more fancy one with added value, the low-cost ARM Linux box is just the regular thing like all these guys have excep far better build quality
17:06 the ARM linux box will be the cheap one

17:30 I am done at this point
17:30 none of the emulator authors are honorable either
17:30 they all seek to profit off our misfortune as well
17:30 so I am done
17:30 so if that is what it is
17:31 I will just do the stuff that I have denied myself from doing for so long
17:31 there is no honor among these thieves
17:32 < hunterk> we at least have the infrastructure to not ship with noncomm cores
17:33 < hunterk> we just need to make sure we don't advertise those cores as being part of the commercial product

You'll get an open design FPGA out of it so I don't see why you have to be butthurt about it.

I don't see kevtris doing that for you so...

Mist is four years old, with schematics on github. And already made cores. SP will wrote own FPGA cores from scratch when he can't do that in C? Don't think so.

But waiting for his kickstarter now ;)

SP needs to chill. The people are on his side, supporting his Patreon and appreciating his work. 1.5 was a great success on Android with most new app ratings being 5 stars and the Android TV interface runs like a dream.

Now everyone who buys a smart TV that comes with Android TV can head to the Play Store, download Retroarch and play games, no ads or bullshit.

This is huge for the project.

>President\CEO SP of Libretro Inc. needs to chill.

Is emuparadise down for anyone else?

Who said SP would write them? There's someone else who is wanting to do that.

BParker in his free time? How long it will take him to wrote those ten MAME cores? Good PSX N64 core?

Trying to play metal slug 2 via fightcade but when I launch it, this is all I get. I got the rom via the /fgg/ mega and fightcade recognises them so I'm reasonably certain there's no problem with it.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Twinaphex is certainly overreacting, he's taking someone's PoV way too personally.

However, that aside, he got a point: We do need more Android Box equivalents with Linux instead, also the cheaper the better too.

Its running in test mode. Try pressing the service button and see if that changes anything.
Alternatively try running that ROM in MAME to see if its good or not. Arcade ROMs get updated almost everytime a new MAME version gets released so it could be outdated.

IRC Shitposting General

i can't believe I agree with zeromus for once, about libretro.. The project has too many cores..

Anyway, I'm interested in learning RA's bountysource system. Where can I find out more about this? I could use a nice meal every now and then.

bountysource.com/teams/libretro

>wanting MAME on a FPGA

Good luck with that.

19:27 < ScHlAuChi> what happens with the other 650?
19:28 $150 goes towards a buildbot server
19:28 another $50 towards other hosting costs
19:28 honestly dude not a lot remains
19:28 and frankly
19:28 it’s none of your business either
19:29 honestly dude
19:29 you are busting my balls over fucking $800 per month
19:29 when a streamer makes that in a day

So go spend $40 on a controller you'll use for one game.
And don't complain when you don't actually enjoy said game.

So where does it go? I'm happy for him to say that the rest goes to personally expenses, but don't be a fucking twat about it and get angry as if people are accusing you of stealing.

>19:28 it’s none of your business either
>19:29 honestly dude
>19:29 you are busting my balls over fucking $800 per month

Well its true. Not like hes funding a lavish house with ass slaves and piles of coke. Your giving him shit for less than any SJW gets for victimizing themselves.

>when a streamer makes that in a day
And the average youtuber makes millions a month, of course.

>17:30 none of the emulator authors are honorable either

>byuu says something mildly unpleasant that upsets you (even though he's right that if you create an all-in-one open source emulator bundle someone is going to take advantage off it eventually)
>suddenly every emudev is a piece of shit

Classic Daniel

No, he bought TV, like all white or black trash do.

What if he bought that TV with his own cash, that is now freed up because he no longer has to fund RA's servers and shit all on his own?

>owning tv's is now white trash

People wouldn't be so skeptical if RA wouldn't have seemingly stagnated. Yeah there's some work being done on some shit that nobody will ever notice, and I guess there's that snow menu background effect. Nobody gives a fuck about that. All the cores have fallen significantly behind from upstream, and all the "standalone" projects are pretty much abandoned, and those are the things people care about.

The cemu dude gets 20k a month but he produces fucking results. Nobody cares what he does with the money so long as shit keeps improving at a noticeable pace.

Bullshit all it takes will be 1 little shitposter here and the cemu devs will have to defend that they are not "misappropriating" funds.

Just for KEKs right?
Most of the people who start this shit are jelly about it. just pure jelly about money.

that reminds me of when he threw emudevs under the bus because of Loganmc... Of all people..

SP should request the donation back and give it to a more qualified dev. I think that could help tremendously for Android development.

>get angry as if people are accusing you of stealing.

What people are doing ITT.

>All the cores have fallen significantly behind from upstream

What about all the ones that aren't, like Nestopia? That's not "all the cores". Talk about exaggeration.

>and all the "standalone" projects are pretty much abandoned

They're not "abandoned" but people who are doing them have real lives that come first, so progress can be slow.

Earlier server was donated by someone (like our Vaporeon), or cost was divided between 'stakeholders' . It hardly should be more than 30-50€ per person monthly that way. Pocket money for people in Netherlands, even if on welfare. And of course they don't pay for github servers.

Fine on my side.

How do you know this is true? How do you know that's all they paid for?

You sound like you overheard some shit in IRC once and now think you know everything about what they do with their servers.

reddit.com/r/RetroArch/comments/5fdq72/retroarchlibretro_is_on_patreon/dak3141/

>What about all the ones that aren't, like Nestopia? That's not "all the cores". Talk about exaggeration.

Oh gee whiz someone using a hyperbole? On fucking Veeky Forums?

>They're not "abandoned" but people who are doing them have real lives that come first, so progress can be slow.

I'm sure all current and potential patreon supporters will be relieved to know progress on shit they care about will happen eventually someday maybe when people feel like it.

Pressure sensitive buttons, cheaper, no touchpad gimmick.

>ITT: money makes shit more complicated

>touchpad
>gimmick

Do you understand what that word means?

A shitty touchpad on a controller is a gimmick. One that doesn't work/isn't useful in most cases is an extremely shitty one at that.

>I'm sure all current and potential patreon supporters will be relieved to know progress on shit they care about will happen eventually someday maybe when people feel like it.
What you want china's sweatshop levels of work?
For $800 a month bitch please. Just an entitled twat i hear.

>isn't useful

Yeah, why would anyone ever need a touchpad on a computer, right?

Okay can someone explain to me why LOZ on retroarch using pretty much every NES core gives me 60.4fps but it is not even close to feeling that way? I see stuttering, and I'm not sure what is causing that.

>no bitch, FIRST you give me $20k a month, then I'll see about actually doing the stuff you want

Most people who use PCs have a mouse
Touchpads are objectively worse than keyboard inputs. On a controller its just taking real estate making it clunkier.

Could you record a webm and post it here?
If not that then post your specs.

>Has to invent a hyperbole argument because hes a cheap slave driver with an entitlement complex

More than $150 gets spent on the buildbot server alone.

you are full of shit.

>Most people who use PCs have a mouse

Most people who use PCs are hunched on their desks instead of having a living room HTPC setup. Most people who use PCs are losers.

>Most people who use PCs are hunched on their desks
Don't project your shitty setup on others cheapskate

Since when are there so many PS1 emulators? I want to play FF7, which I guess should be pretty easy to emulate, so which one should I use?

Retroarch thumbnails aren't comprehensive enough

DS4 doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons?
Will both DS4 and DS3 connect via USB so I wouldn't have to worry about input lag?

I'd recommend ePSXe or pSX. They go in the "just werks" category.

Can't you count? 150$ for buildbot and 50$ other things monthly. Divide it by SP, Radius, hunterk, bparker, themaister. 40$ a month. And four of them is not on welfare, more, thay make thousands monthly. Like themaister in Arm or bparker. Those two alone could fund whole project and SP.

20:20 the thing is though dude
20:20 Veeky Forums is already running with this
20:20 so I really didn’t appreciate the questioning
20:20 it sounded weird
20:20 and wrong
20:20 as if I was pocketing something
20:21 well that is the narrative they are already coming up with
20:21 so please be careful with that from now on

Retroarch's mednafen HW core.

Depends if you go full autism of cycle accuracy. or if a pixel is off in the background that you can hardly see anyway. Welcome to /Emugen/ where that shit matters.

Yes, but bluetooth operates at 250hz and meets that, so using wireless on modern controllers really doesn't add much input lag.
It's nice for in-game menus on PC, and Wiimote pointer emulation for some games, like SMG.

Does anyone have the fully working drastic apk cracked by b00j_?

>Depends if you go full autism of cycle accuracy.
What's the point of using memednafen if you're not autisticly obsessed about accuracy?

here, It isn't smooth at all. And really noticeable when playing other emulators.

Either use mednafen/RetroArch, or play the PC version w/ mods.

What he said is true people here are implying hes stealing funds. I am all for a good public execution but i would rather not soil a good thing in the long run, for just 5 mins of KEKS.

I'm thinking of getting either a PS3 or PS4 controller to use the 6axis as precision aiming in 3rd person games, because I really like having that in the new zelda. PS3 seems like the way to go if I can use pressure sensitive buttons for PS1+2 emulation.

I just want to play the game, preferably without performance problems that are not on my PC. I don't care that much about accuracy and shit as long as the game looks and plays decently.

Since you seem to think you have intimate knowledge of their finances, where's the proof that all of them are pay thing same amount (or any at all?).

And you seem to think you know an awful lot about each developer's personal financial situation, which totally doesn't come off as stalkerish at all. Nope.

>ITT: I'm totally not saying it's aliens, but it's totally ayyylmao's

Well you can map the pressure sensitive buttons to the analog triggers with the lilypad plugin, but it may be a little funky to play MGS games like that.

at least $650 and more (depending on expenditures ) gets spent. you have to factor in potential taxes on top of that.

honestly though dude, fuck off. its none of your business and it has to be worth our time to continue doing this shit. otherwise, we just close up shop and start doing stuff that is more important in our life.

Just go for the Just works level of it then. ePSXe i would say then. For FF7.

Oh you're using android
Could be your system itself
Or could be retroarch's fault
Have you tried any other NES emulator to see if the same thing happens on them?

MGS has pressure sensitivity on the regular buttons though, for things like readying your gun and then a harder press to actually shoot.

>DS4 doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons?
No. Only L2/R2.

> Those two alone could fund whole project

You forgot to put a "the" in you post. As usual.

You're getting too obvious, mate.

I played it through on epsxe a couple of years ago. Was fine throughout.
PCSXR might be better than ePSXe though and still fits the "just werks" category.

>MGS has pressure sensitivity on the regular buttons
And you work around that by binding square and circle to the triggers. It's clunky as fuck but playable.

Yeah, and you can map that to the DS4's triggers to make it work correctly.

Ignore him, he's just a shitty troll who is stalking you on IRC. You can easily spot him with his bad English.

Precisely why I'd rather go with PS3. That sounds like nonsense.
That said, I do much prefer the feel of a DS4.

(kill yourself)

True that it does. So You have 2 emus to pick from.

MelonDS is coming. Bye Bye DeSjewME.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/60b3ft/melonds_01_soon_a_thing/

Does retroarch have some sort of frameskip?

I just tried NES.emu stand alone and with frameskip I get litttle hiccups but the audio is fine

without frameskip the audio fucks up.

Post phone specs. Specs are just as important on mobile as they are on PC.

I doubt there is a speccy for android but let me go check