Which car would you take to go on a road trip with your friend through the US in search of the American dream?

Which car would you take to go on a road trip with your friend through the US in search of the American dream?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q0cAqkaSqD0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>friend

my friend's late father had a 1959 edsel ranger. in our senior year of high school, we drove it from tulsa, oklahoma back home to san diego. it broke down twice on us and on the second break down we were too impatient to wait another day in the desert so we were towed back home by our parents who borrowed our neighbor's sprinter RV.

Apart from the breakdowns, it was one of the most interesting and fun trips i've ever done.

pic related

Gotta be a convertible.

burban

>captcha: select gas pumps

ironic

A big old Cadillac.

I DD one of these. Wind will physically move the burb and buffet it around on the interstate unless you're in the right lane doing 70. It drinks fuel like a madman, you feel every single bump on the highway and the steering is a suggestion. You spend hours fidgeting the dead spot in the middle of the wheel back and forth with white knuckles if you plan on getting anywhere in a timely fashion. The plus sides
>great visibility
>massive presence
>no one can see around you
>you make decisions for other drivers based on your actions
>brakes work really well
>big cushy power adjustable drivers' seat
>decent radio (Bose)
>fantastic exhaust note (5.3 Vortec)

That sounds fucking rad. I'd love to go cross-country in a 50's cruiser regardless of marque or condition.

pic related or a 500 ci Eldorado.

it also costs $70 every time you fill up with 87

What's the problem with being able to do Berlin to Warsaw in one tank.

This.
youtu.be/Q0cAqkaSqD0

kind of ineffective when your daily commute depletes a tank in 5 days. That's $70 a week or $3,360 in gas alone.

ASK ME HOW I KNOW

What year?
00-02 have really loose steering
03-06 have tight steering that fixed the issue

t. Used own an 03 Z71 when I lived in USA. Drove that thing like I was on the autobahn

any convertible

tahoe is better

Now this is autism

I have an 03. The tires are shit and it likely needs front end work - 160,000 miles, vacuum leak that affects idle and nearly stalls the truck out at stoplights during humid days, transmission slipping that clunks really badly when resuming acceleration, a big dent in the side from a deer, the dashboard doesn't work because they fucked up the dial motors and issued the warranty when my car was 30,000 miles past the cutoff, etc

Kek. I experienced none of those issues with nearly 240k on the clock except
>trans slipping and clunking
>Dashboard lights for shift letters failed

Brother still drives it. He said nothing serious has happened and he does mostly offroading and highway with it.

The clunking is apparently the driveshaft slip yoke, I don't know if it affects anything serious or whether I should be worried about my driveshaft coming uncoupled from the rear axle but time will tell. The transmission slipping is getting so bad, the computer is revving the motor up to obscene levels at 10% throttle - I redlined second gear today while barely touching it. 5% throttle sits at almost 2,100 RPM. Help

My bro says its that bad but it still trucks on. Its even whining at low rpm. Wouldnt worry about it until time comes. If it does replace it with a 4l80. Theyre bulletproof and if new from GM you get warranty on it.

Yours and mine are about to go soon but replacements are cheap even when new. Whats gonna buttfuck you is labor so prepare for that

I feel it has to be a a big ol american v8 barge, something that's a throwback to a more "nostalgic" time, even though few of us were alive for it. Something like a Roadrunner, Charger, or any mopar car. Hell even a camino would work, just throw what little you have in an OD green duffel bag in the back, and drive onto the freeway.

a older vw microbus, with the back end chopped off and converted into a camper using s 5th wheel.

Just me, my ladyfriend, a dog and a cat. crusing down the great and vast American asphalt slab.

It would be lovely.

im picturing a hippie van, how far am i off?

only option

I always wanted to go on a bender like Hunter S.