/domg/ - Dominions general

Nobody makes a new thread edition.

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (NEEDS UPDATING NERDS)
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2517
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Previous thread:
>

poor domg, no one even shitposts about backstabbing anymore.

do special monsters abandon sieges for other lands?

or I'll have to wait until the province is depopulated by the legion of gods?

Postponed by 24 hours because Ragha is stalling again.

5 stales, christ
find a sub

They do every once in a while.
Sometimes though they don't.

7 posts and already ded

Some fucker is clearly casting burden of time.

Does MA Ermor have anything that teleports around the battlefield like vampires?

Vampires dont teleport so I have no idea what do you mean. They fly tho, you mean anything that flies?

If that's flight then I guess I'm conjuring some rotten eagles soon. Thanks!

God, why can't you just bump the goddamn thread, you pathetic virgins.

Yes, flying units move instantly as there is no flight animation.

I cast Foul Vapors and then Vengeful Waters. All the enemy commanders got diseased and died. It took more than BoT to kill this thread.

A pain when you're restricted to phoneposting.

Just find a sub, thats what admin is for.

If one player somehow managed to hold onto every global slot what would be the combination of globals that would fuck the rest o the world over the most?

Well, Arcane Nexus is the most threatening spell in terms of actually winning, followed by Enchanted Forests if you have bloodsac or more temples than other folks.

If you mean just making everyone else miserable, I'd say Astral Corruption, Utterdark, Enchanted Forests, Foul Air, and Wrath of God

Mind, Arcane Nexus is pretty lame once AC goes up. People just stop using gems for some reason, makes it give no more gems than say Well of Misery.

What about Enchanted Forests, Vengeful Water, Looming Hell, Wrath of God and Foul Air?

VW is local to your dom. Keeps you comfy, but isn't necessary screwing the world over until they try to take you out. Looming Hell is annoying, but unimpressive. Mostly it's just used as a ghetto dispel, since you can spend blood slaves to take up a global slot.

But what if your dom is being pushed everywhere by enchanted forests?

fomoria and anyone interested in taking down lanka: contact me on steam - Filium

Don't attack me, that would be rude.

t. nicknight

imgay

me2

t. malakal

me3

WANNA RUB OUR BUTTHOLES TOGETHER?

You sure you're gay and not just a drunk chick?

It is not gay if I'm wearing cat-charm, r-r-right a-a-user?

Gotta love these desperation bumps.

I dunno user, wanna roll the DRN and find out?

Well we cant cast gift of health on the thread so we might as well work with what we got.

No thanks. Even if you did turn out to be a drunk chick odds are you'd a fat or ugly one.

There are only 17 posters, and I'm at least 2 of them, because phoneposting.

Give me innovative communion strats!
Stuff like soul vortexing your slaves and surrounding them in chaff, or putting them on the front lines as a "wall of death"

This is my goodbye. in case my message dont go thru this turn.

"Having summoned each of the elemental royalty, even the tainted one. Having counceled with the Daeva and even with the Amesha Spenta, They finally understood the emptiness of existence.
They then retreated to their chamber, their former cell, and meditated and researched until their own body dissolved. In the process, they impregnated each of their subjects and devotees hearts, thus living forever as a thought, a sentiment. Even if a new Pantokrator shall rise, They will forever be remembered and revered even by the foreigners."

post mages

I saw one dude send a guy to the arena with a ton of blood slaves to act as a barrier which I thought was pretty innovative.

you are going AI? nah mate you can't do that. just when the really good stuff was about to happen.

W-whats about to happen user?

I bet you "wish" you knew

Looking for a Ragha sub.
He`s midsized and not in any wars as far as I'm aware (except the neighbouring AI player).

I am not AI!

What bless and how big is he +/-

10-15 provinces reasonable scales Griffin bless.
I can give you exact bless when I get home

Real talk for a second here. What's the use of the Bodhisattva of Mercy? Flying + Glamour + Awe should make for a decent thug/SC chassis, but she's so expensive in pretender points and low on HP. Air is pretty good for SC buffs, and astral has body ethereal but magic duel vulnerability.

But if you don't kit her up to hit people, you're paying a lot for random abilities. Healer isn't bad, but it's not make-or-break.

It just feels like there's nothing she does that isn't done better/cheaper by a different chassis.

Good for disciple games.

Also dragon girl shenanigans.

Probably there for fluff more than anything.

Going out of town on a golf trip from Wednesday until Sunday. If you could delay that would be fantastic. I could be down for sub but I really would rather delay.

Dominions cart racing game when?

Total War: Dominions when?

Dominion Souls when?

Yo I'd play the shit out of that.

Mortal Dominions when?

I think Total Warhammer is as far as they're ever likely to push nonhistorical/realistic content and that's nowhere near enough for Dominions.

Total Warhammer is good, though

Makes me want an officially endorsed Mount and Blade: Warhammer, rather than the (Admittedly fairly good) mod we have.

I dislike a lot of the mechanics in Total Warhammer. Agents especially. So many things feel like they are just slowing down the game and stopping me from having cool battles.

Ugh. We just had a weekend delay

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2517

What do you think

Mount and Blade Dominions mod fucking when?

Who would the mages be

They're balanced against themselves, but we need more nations for a legit MP game. Other "shooting" modnations are either total thrash (X-COM aliens) or 2OP4U (Doom demons).

man i'd rather put the game on hiatus than have the biggest nation go AI

the point is RP, not winning. Kailasa leaving was already annoying enough

What about the star wars guys?

Really expensive recruits with OP as fuck ranged weapons. Maybe some of the other magic shit dudes have in some mods.
Wait the monkeys are gone?

They have really strong PD that honestly should be outlawed (shooting AoE grenadiers), but are countered entirely by arrow fend or A9 sacreds. Also, artillery is very important for those 3 gunpowder nations, and can kill most vanilla dom4 shit with infinite magic phase bombardments.

I mean the soldiers you have something to work with even if they are kind of bland, but for mages you'd be stuck with generic stuff with no flavour or lore

Some if the mods have some shit. I think there is a heroes of might and magic one that has undead summoning mid battle and I know there is one with healing spells.

Also just work in the lore by limiting the spell weapons to certain nations. Abysia gets a ton of fire shit and not much else, C'tis has death shit and so on.

I thought you meant making Dom4 mod nations out of the Mount & Blade factions? Like MA Swadia: Lions of Calradia or whatever

No the other way around.

>King Harlaus cast Feast
>Ctrl+M

yeah they went ai this turn

Sweet. Maybe the AI is dumb enough to try and storm through my pillar of fire meat blender.

hi abyssia. help me make caelum not quit

Dom4 webcomic when?

Not like I have much say in the matter. I have one candle left and I am gambling that it'll last one more turn either for the monkeys to furder themselves on my fort or for me to summon enough fire snakes to try breaking out.

All those fire spirits I summoned when I had eternal pyre up were super worth it by the way. Its pretty much thanks to their gem generation that the chimps couldnt just wear down my last fort by attrition.

it already exists

Now, build out each pretender with appropriate stats given their abilities and whatnot.

I was planning to do a kill six billion demons mod, DOOM 4 and samurai jack happened

Do a samurai jack mod nigger. I want to be Aku and crush FOOLISH SAMURAI with my robot armies.

>implying an Aku nation would be capable of making the necessary Anti-SC natively

Just wish for his sword lel.

Can always just cast him forward in time gain if worst comes to worst.

blood astral fire. nature and death hasn't been shown.

Arguably the tree dude that de-ages counts a blood magic and she certainly has nature magic.

Season 5 about to show you why that won't work.

Jaggy is an E4 giant with 99 prot and resistance to everything

Cute LAtlantis art

noice

I love Deep Ones!

dom4 is 14 bucks on GG

Still 14 bucks too many.

>implying you haven't gotten hundreds of hours of entertainment out of the game, causing the price per hour to go well below a penny