New Era

Sorry about politics, but now that Trump kinda pushed American automakers to shift manufacturing to USA, apple is also following the bandwagon. Are we in for an era of well made American cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automotive_assembly_plants_in_the_United_States
spoonfeedmemommy.org
time.com/4681166/car-made-american/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

>most foreign companies build their cars in the US
>meanwhile US automakers have their cars built in mexico

doesnt really matter, because American cars are still shit

No.

>>most foreign companies build their cars in the US
Which ones?

They already used cheap materials, now that it will be more expensive to assembly I can't imagine the quality

American cars have been getting alot better recently but I don't think politics has anything to do with it.

Toyota makes them like right down the street from me.

If they are well made, it will be because of the robots and automation engineers.

>made in america
>good

Yeah they probably have like one plant to assemble USDM cars, so what?
You could easily say the same about Israel, Philippines or Poland.

Now that manufacturing will be moved to US, I think the cars will be even better built like in the 50s. New automaker mindset plus new manufacturing methods.

They're already built better than in the 50s lmao

Everything should be made in the region or country it is intended to be sold.

But where do the engine and transmission come from??!?

>Americans think badly made American cars are foreigners' fault

VW & BMW. Why do you think the reliability of them suddenly took a nose dive over here but they are still very good in the EU?

VW builds theirs in Mexico, not the US.
BMW is also doubling down on their Mexico plant, just to spite Trump.

Because americans don't understand that oil needs to be changed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automotive_assembly_plants_in_the_United_States

Toyota has 4
Honda has 4
Nissan has 2
Subaru has 1 (which builds the Impreza and Outback)
Volkswagen has 1
Hyundai has 1
Kia has 1
BMW has 1 (that builds all of their SUVs)
Mercedes has 2

There is a lot of auto manufacturing in the USA. Now I think it's worth mentioning that no foreign companies build their performance or luxury vehicles here, only their cookie-cutter cars.

Relative to the times, US made the highest quality cars. With US manufacturing, we could have higher priced cars and a new pride in American cars. More manufacturing in the US overall can make everyone pretty wealthy.

I travel a lot and I've seen a shitload of foreign brand car factories in the USA. Even a big ass KIA factory. Meanwhile GM and Dodge are building cars in Mexico and Canada. I don't understand it.

>no foreign companies build their performance vehicles here

I believe consumer tastes will change and people will demand cars made in America. American made cars are already a status symbol in China, it should be one in the US.

I'm no economic genius, but wouldn't that mean they will become more expensive and the people won't become much wealthier as most manufacturing jobs usually aren't very high pay?
Anyways, do American manufacturers really build USDM cars in Mexico?

Great, now I know never to buy one.

>With US manufacturing, we could have higher priced cars
No, you couldn't. People already only buy them because they're cheap, and moving assembly from Pedrotown to Tyronetown won't make the build quality any better.

Pretty sure Ford builds a crap ton of their USDM cars in Mexico, as does GM.

I believe that there's many people in the service sector making less than 15/hr. Manufacturing could double that salary or become close to that for many people.

Doesn't make incorrect, keep trying I guess.

>muh assembly

Keep trying what? That post makes it seems like the majority of foreign cars are built in the US and most of American cars are built outside the US.
It's not as simple as that

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky (Toyota Camry, Toyota Avalon, Lexus ES350)
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana (Toyota Sequoia, Toyota Sienna, Toyota Highlander)
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas (Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Tundra)
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi (Toyota Corolla)

Honda of America Manufacturing, Inc. Marysville Auto Plant (Honda Accord, Acura ILX, Acura TLX, Acura NSX)
Honda of America Manufacturing, Inc. East Liberty Auto Plant (Honda CR-V, Acura RDX)
Honda Manufacturing of Alabama (Honda Odyssey, Honda Pilot, Honda Ridgeline, Acura MDX)
Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (Honda Civic, Honda CR-V)

Nissan North America, Inc. Smyrna (Nissan Leaf, Nissan Altima, Nissan Maxima, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Pathfinder, Infiniti QX60)
Nissan North America, Inc. Canton (Nissan Altima, Nissan Murano, Nissan Frontier, Nissan Titan, Nissan NV)

Subaru of Indiana Automotive (Subaru Outback, Subaru Legacy, Subaru Impreza)

Volkswagen Chattanooga Assembly Plant (Volkswagen Passat, Volkswagen Atlas)

Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Sonata, Hyundai Santa Fe)

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia (Kia Optima, Kia Sorento)

BMW US Manufacturing Company South Carolina (BMW X3, BMW X4, BMW X5, BMW X6)

Mercedes-Benz U.S. International (Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class, Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class, Mercedes-Benz C-Class)
Daimler Vans Manufacturing (Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, Mercedes-Benz Metris (CKD, reassembly only))

Sorry, missed that one.

>Engine from Germany
>Transmission from Germany
So if the car shits the bed its German build quality not Mexican?

Yup. VAG a shit.

No the dumb americans

It's still assembled there so there's still a chance that Sergio put a tortilla instead of a clutch plate into your transmission.

Is it build quality, or is it planned obsolescence?

Either way it's VAG being shit.

>buy US

website name?

spoonfeedmemommy.org

One of the Toyota plants is expanding to produce Lexus here, but I don't think they do the high end models

time.com/4681166/car-made-american/
there you go frien :)

It's called a Fiesta. What exactly did you expect?

>Buy American: made by niggers and inbred white trash
>Buy German: made by Turks and spics
>Buy Japanese: made by chinks in SEA
>Buy British: it's British. also has Indian "engineering" and is assembled by pakis
Basically Volvo is the only legitimate option out there for the white race.

Have the turks and spics not taken over Sweden yet?

that's sandniggers, not turks and spics

Volvo is Chinese though

No. Swedish women prefer the big black cock instead.

The Chinese seem to be content with letting Swedes do their own thing as long as the tech flows to their shitty auto industry. The company I still very Swedish. I agree that it won't be for long unless they resist the urge to act like chinks and try to import their own engineers.

We'll see in 10 years.

>Swedish women prefer the big black cock
They have good taste. Interracial Couples are cute

>caring about the relationships of women you aren't fucking
>t. omega
kek

Lol going by "implications" of a statement (reality: your autistic interpretation). Stay btfo.

I'm a parts manager for an import. The cars made in america have the most problems. Would you rather have a car built by some slack jawed yokel or some nip who will commit hari kari if quality slips?

>Japanese manifacturers design and manfacture in Japan during the 90's
>Best cars ever

>Japanese manufacturers start designing and building their cars in the US
>Nothing but uninspiring garbage

WHAT THE FUCK?

>assembled in Austria
....That has to be a typo.

Except that the Nips build American market cars more in America than anyone else.

>assembled in america
>with chinese manufactured components
>with automated robots
God bless freedumbs

rip aussie car industry

I dont know what I was expecting desu.

at least its not assembled in mexico or china, plus I actually think that engine is built in the US at their plant

>tfw my car was made in Hiroshima

suck it weaboos. you'll never be on my level

Lets be real anything domestic has been dictated that components be engineered to be the cheapest of materials designed only to last within warranty. When american cars only selling points is how stylish they are and because murrica those are pretty pathetic points to base a car purchase off of

>with automated robots
It's funny because that would actually make the cars better. But nope, it's still leisurely dressed middle aged men with beer bellies.

and these people will probably never be able to afford one

UAW please go.

link to site?

>Are we in for an era of well made American cars?
yes. I still think Trump's protectionist BS is the wrong way to go though.

you're pretty far from /pol/ boyo.

Hes still on the same site, so /pol/ is pretty fucking close

You live on a very gay street,senpai.

Actually, the Japanese started designing and building their cars in the US since the 90s. Before that they were Japan built and designed. Why else is it so hard to find 80's Jap cars, but you can trip over a 90's one? Even fucking shittily made Isuzus and Suzukis under the Geo brand are commonplace.

Pretty satisfied, actually.

>Based USA
>Based Japan
>Leaf.....

>built by boomers for boomers

I win.

No.

>wrong way

the problem is, and I think he sees this- you cant just have protectionism and still push the global economy meme. You need incentive.

>doesnt go back beyond 2007

garbage

at least they are American middle aged men with beer bellies

Americans cant even build houses, why should they know how to build cars?

>Basically Volvo is the only legitimate option out there for the white race

Soon to be made up the road from me in South Carolina