GTR Premium or Track Edition?

Purchasing a brand new GTR next week, wondering if it's worth OR waste of money to upgrade to the track edition from the premium.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PqkyWhVBSKU
youtu.be/Romd04sdq5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it'll be faster than a corvette anyway

fpbp

That's the NISMO edition though, not the track.

i suggest suicide.

Don't do it. Stiffer suspension in an already stiff car and some carbon fiber bits. Unless you live in a place with amazingly well maintained roads it's a mistake.

Hello OP, I'm also getting a GTR pretty soon (but I'm gonna wait to see if it's worth waiting on the 2018 personally).

How are you going to drive it? If you actually track it I'd spend the extra shekels and get the track but if it's just a fun weekend car I'd just get the base model. I do like the interior of the track though.

>feels good not being poor.

isn't gtr getting a bit long in the tooth?

Just get a ZL1. This coming from a Nissan fanboy.

>unironically suggesting a gm product
Recall yourself

I won't really take it to the track much maybe one or twice during the summer time. I'd be more obviously of a daily driver and pushing it a bit on highways, road trip and in the city.

It was one of the most advanced cars on the planet when it was released and it's been thoroughly refined through the years. The only thing dated about it are the memes.

I'd just get the base model then. The track edition would be a little less comfy as well.

What color are you thinking? I'm torn between red and normie blue.

>10 year old family sedan
>still better than the corvette

i'd get a 911
but whatever

White broski.

I would get one too but not enough trunk space for my liking.

>White broski.

Nice bud. You want the 2017 for sure (the facelift). There are some discounted 2016s out there as well. Personally I love the facelift but just throwing that out there.

Also update us with your impressions on the car. I think there is only one other GTR poster on Veeky Forums

Will definitely do! Yea, I love the facelift and I was considering even getting the NISMO but it is way too much money in CAD plus the after market touch ups. You would be spending like $200k.

Yeah the facelift is the way to go; and the interior feels way more modern. I love the Nismo things but here it's 175k and that's more than I want to spend on a weekend card.

>You would be spending like $200k
which is still less than you'd be spending on a corvette if you include all the repairs it'll need

Yea man you're lucky to live in the US for that. It's cheaper. But yea I'll just get the premium with some after market parts (exhaust, rim change etc.) and it'll come out about $130k.

Yeah I am curious if they'll add anything new in 2018. I just got a new job paying over six figures so I've got the extra change to spend on it but if there is something I really like in 2018 I don't mind waiting.

I am worried that the R36 will price me out though and I'm a hardcore GTR fangurl

I'm buying a GTR too! LOL

Hello fellow poor fags, how do you do? I to enjoy driving my MazdaCuck shitbox.

waste of money. why havent you bought a corvette yet?

t. gm fangirl
stay assmad

Memes aside, I was seriously considering a '17 Nismo. But one massive problem arose
>German memetaxes to purchase, basically 20-30k more USD than I can buy in the US plus all the other assorted fees that are hefty compared to the US

I'm still considering it but jesus christ. Its lterally cheaper if I buy one in america and stow it at my parents place

Any germanbros here wanna explain why we're so cucked when it comes to cars?

What's the best brand of oil for an NB?

For those wondering
202k USD for a nismo
In america its 170k

Import taxes on cars not built in Germany? i think there's a massive VAT tax but i'm not entirely sure.

Your neighbours are even worse.

Getting a GTR is a waste of money either way.

Even cars built in germany (M cars for a prime example) cost around 4k more USD BASE than being sold in the US.

Its fucking stupid

Nice. And congrats! What job?

I know what you mean, may as well wait.

I know what you mean buds. The NISMO doesn't even sell in Canada and it's about 247k CAD plus shipping fees if you buy it from America. There are very few that you can buy off car sites like autotrader that would still charge you 180-190k CAD. Somehow they have made it here to Canada.

Das cute

>track edition GT-R

Isn't that the one that's slower and worse than a camaro?

It certainly appears that way lol
youtube.com/watch?v=PqkyWhVBSKU

>Any germanbros here wanna explain why we're so cucked when it comes to cars?

Ladies and gents, we give you the EU.

Premium if it's your DD. The Track package has absolutely brutal suspension on rough roads.

>Nice. And congrats! What job?
I do netwerking. Will mostly be doing big data center stuff. If you don't mind asking what do you do that allows you to afford a GTR?

Wanna see the base-model GT?

Get the premium 2017 version or whatever they're calling it. They've deliberately made this year a softer car to appeal to people like you that are more concerned with using it as a GT and less concerned with lap times than driving engagement. The 991 Turbo actually has less feedback than the R35 now.

the interiors in the newer ones are better
the older ones have godawful interiors

>so weak he has to compare it to the SS and not the ZL1 1LE to protect his feelings

shit I said SS instead of Z/28, even the SS is faster than the fucking Z/28...

>Track Edition

It's a GT car. Is it worth the physical and monetary pain for the half second off a lap time on the track you won't go to?

youtu.be/Romd04sdq5s

Not saying its a bad car..

If i had enough id just buy a huracan.

Or gt3 rs

Or cayman gt4

If you dont need back seats then maybe the mb gts is around the same price..

And buy a civic for the family.

Lmao nice bro! I do multiple things but most of my income comes in from a business I work in. I do sales/customer relations and try to sign clients.

DON'T DO IT. If you can lease it for 3 years. The cars technology is over a decade old and it's pretty much shit now. Wait for the redesign coming in 2020-2022. You are probably going to ignore this. But in 3 years time just remember I was right.

If you don't believe me just look at how shit the gt-r is doing in super gt. Lc500 killed it in the last race though.

No you're not. How sad is your life actually that you have to lie to a bunch of people on the internet who don't know you?

If he lies to the people he does know, they will know he's lying. When he lies to strangers here, some of them believe him.

Get premium if you want a more premium feel. Get track if you want a more track feel. I thought it was self explanatory.