pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

resurrection.cz/en/
springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/random-us-state.htm
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34702/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55174/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

New robot type still in prototype stages.

Need input on shocker vs stun.

Kind of in a catch-22 situation with FPS, vsync, and screen-tearing right now.

Borderless windowed I can't seem to get any form of vsync to work properly with. So with uncapped FPS, my game runs like it's on crack. I'm zipping around like a madman when in small interiors and it breaks some of the AI-guided animations (like reading an in-game monitor).

Full screen, my AMD driver handling vsync, the game runs like a slug plus awful microstutter.

Using ENB to handle vsync gives me miserable screen-tearing even if I lower my FPS cap down to like 30.

I'm just plain stumped about what to do about this. Last install I had zero issues with screen tearing, suddenly this time I'm unable to make it go away.

it's true, but the mod for player characters having separate bodies than other people isn't out yet right?

I could use the ck to edit individuals though, right? I'll look up how to do that if it's possible.

Stunner.

Use the default protectron claw, it's cheapest and works with the arms already.

Whoops, turns out even once you're friendly with Greygarden you can kill the bots there. Found out by accident as Supervisor Greene wandered in front of a VATS shot while defending the place from muties.

>is the reason and not "FEV did it".
FEV doing it never really made sense

1. We know from pre-war reports, as well as post war mutations like super mutants, that everything FEV infects becomes sterile unless it reproduces asexually. And, as we can see from all post-war critters, they can in fact reproduce sexually.

2. All FEV research was stated in Fallout 1 to have been moved to Mariposa before the war. Which makes there being any left at West-Tek highly unlikely

3. Even if there was some FEV left at West-Tek, it is literally impossible for FEV to have spread all across southern California, let alone the rest of the U.S., to infect and cause all the ghouls and mutant animals we see. Not only is West-Tek not under a jet stream nexus(like what The Enclave planed to use in their airborne FEV attack in Fallout 2, the amount of liquid FEV needed to cover any significant area would have been more then the facility itself could have held had the entire thing been filled with FEV from floor to ceiling.

4. FEV doing it is fundamentally pointless because Fallout has ALWAYS been designed around the idea of alternate reality 1950's pulp fiction SCIENCE! and not real logic, making there no real need for FEV to explain mutations, as 1950's pulp SCIENCE! radiation can do just that

5. Saying FEV was the cuase just opens up a plot hole in Fallout 1 which states that FEV itself is immune to being altered by exposure to radiation, making the whole "airborne FEV was mutated by radiation and inoculated the post-war humans against the full FEV" thing impossible.

the only person on the original Fallout team that really supported the airborne FEV thing was Chris Taylor, who wanted a "logical underpinning" for everything in the game, whereas Tim Cain and everyone else was like "radiation!"

Avellone first was in Taylor's camp, but then someone pointed out how dumb that idea was, and he switched

Fallout 3/NV/4 all take the word of Cain and Avellone over that of Taylor.

Windows/the DWM should handle vsync in borderless window mode. And usually does so without tearing. Just set your desktop to run at 60 Hz, and everything should be fine.

What's the female body replacer most people/mods use for new vegas?

Also recommend me some lewd/cute outfit mods

The chinese aimed its nukes directly over the FEV installations and any Enclave retated area

type 3 has the most support

type 6 is the best but all the armors are revealing

That's the thing: I am running at 60hz. Shit's still tearing right up along a pretty strict line, about a third of the way down the screen from the top. I've tried it on both monitors I have. For some reason Windows isn't handling it on its own. I even tried activating Aero because I heard it automatically forces vsync in Win7, but nothing changed in borderless windowed. Still torn.

I've been blowing up google looking for an explanation, but none of the solutions I've found have helped. Strangest dang thing.

>The chinese aimed its nukes directly over the FEV installations
Which still wouldn't have been able to blast it into the air enough for it to cover California, let alone the rest of America.

>and any Enclave retated area
As far as we know, and based on what Avellone said in the bibles, the Enclave were not involved in the FEV testing going on at West-Tek or Mariposa before the war.

Someone who was part of the Enclave may have, but the Enclave, as an organization, weren't directing it like they were with the Vault program.

Disabling ENB definitely fixes the tearing, I just tried it again, but goddamn I'm running around like a spaz in some of these tiny interiors. I guess I'll have to just deal with it.

New to modding, new vegas specifically.

Most mod descriptions say just to place the esp and esm files in the data folder but nearly every download comes with folders of a whole bunch of other shit, is this source code stuff I shouldn't worry about or am I not installing correctly?

I like T6M myself, a little skinny but still has good hips and legs (unlike T3 trash with chicken legs but still somehow wide shoulders). Only complaint with T6M is there aren't any conversion for pre-war casual dresses and the like. There is atleast a Vera's Dress conversion which is good, also plenty of raider-based slutwear (I am partial to the "Raider Barbie Dress" which is a net/see-through Vera's Dress with various raider accessories).

>type 6 is the best but all the armors are revealing
Most of the armors have mods to make them more modest. The only one that doesn't is the straight basic Leather Armor, which has a covered midriff option, but unfortunately has no option to cover the wide-cut cleavage of the jacket, which sucks when talking to old lady Caravan merchants. So I use vanilla Leather, but the metal, combat, and reinforced armors I all use T6M, and they aren't slutwear (or have a non-slutwear variant).

On LL there is also a T6 release where the author cleaned up the neck vertices on most T6&M models to help the neckseam. That, with a good skin texture, and the sweaty skin normalmap, probably makes the best looking female humans for FO3/NV.

Post your home /fog/ !

Mine is very much WIP, its a temporary thing before i will build my own cozy bunker. After that it will go to my follower/NPC.
Second story is a shared gym/rec room/bedroom.

is Fallout:Ressurection any good?

resurrection.cz/en/
Seems like a hell of autism was put into it

Most F3NV mods have loose files, they go in their corresponding directories in the Data folder. You usually do need put these in place for the mod to work. The only exception to that is when a mod has packed it's resources in a BSA file, then you just have the ESM, ESP, and BSA files in the root Data directory.

If the zip/rar/7z file has a layout like:
>blah.esp
>/meshes/
>/textures/
>/sounds/
Or similar, you need to extra all of it to your game's /Data/ folder.

oh bugger

well at least I haven't installed many mods yet, I'll just go back through them

Mod repository working for anyone else?

how many star bottlecaps do i need to collect until shit kicks off

Is it even possible to have stable 60 fps downtown and around diamond city?

stop using a toaster, turn most shit down to medium since high and ultra high don't effect much of anything except godrays, and even then, low medium and high godrays look exactly the same, and only ultra high looks better.

what skin textures would you recommend? Particularly ones that aren't incredibly taxing on performance

Behold! The Vault-Tec super recycler!

This baby can process all the scrap you pull in from the wasteland at record speed in a compact package, an efficient and powerful core of any Vault's manufacturing capability!

Be the envy of the surface world with your ability to re-purpose any junk they have to offer before creating high priced finished goods.

Order today!

Sucks to be you, then. That should not happen. As in: That's technically not possible.

It is possible to disable vsync for the DWM, but it requires enough deliberate actions that you would remember doing it.

There might be something wrong with your Windows install or your GPU driver.

I'd love to use T6M, but I am lazy and everything, and everybody supports T3. So, I go with that.

I have yet to turn Home Plate into a real home. Or even change the lights to go with my new lighting mod. I found a terminal with a microphone for Cait, but that's all I changed since the last screenshot. Still not sure if your posts are bait, or not

Yes, even with a lowly 1070. The only place that still causes trouble on a decent computer is Far Harbl.

how do i enjoy this game coming off of New Vegas and STALKER CoM

the quests are dogshit and survival is tedious

Rate this

soviet bloc/10

Tropico/10

Would my cpu have anything to do with it?

lol Something turned my phone around. The typewriter was the wrong way around, too. But I noticed it before taking the screenshot.

cyka/blyat

You can't, because it's shit. Play Fallout 1 and 2 if you want to see more of the setting of New Vegas (albeit less developed in 1's case). Play STALKER again if you want survival.

Quick, what state will Fallout 5 take place and what faction will be present ?

springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/random-us-state.htm

Yes, but your problem seems to be the RAM. See if you can get it to run in dual channel mode and at a decent speed.

Is there a comprehensive, complete and detailed list of recommended mods for Dust? I know the description on the Nexus has a few mods listed, but those are only the ones that the creator has used/seen, and it's quite underwhelming.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34702/?
for the normal maps and sk files

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55174/?

for the diffuse maps

i already played fo1 and 2
is fo1.5 worth playing

Utah, the Brotherhood of Steel, Jackie Chan!

>the story is about Jackie Chan protecting a baby which blood could cure FEV
I'd buy it.

>Still not sure if your posts are bait, or not

Why would it be ? I carved out for myself a nice cozy building after scrapping S Hills down to every last item.
Need to add a shitload of detail tho, it looks crude as fuck.

Florida - Georgia. BoS.

Fallout 5 will likely be set in Charleston South Carolina, feature some sort of confederacy organization, and the return of Maxson's BoS as part of their expansion along the coast.

Because your stuff looks tailor made to trigger certain people here.

Who would win in a fight, The Master's Army or Jackie Chan with a folding ladder and a priceless vase?

Alaska.
Probably nothing and no one. Wouldn't the Chinese, in their Commie Red Rage hit Alaska the hardest after being repelled successfully? Would make an interesting experience though, less as a Bethesda-RPG and more as a Dust/Frost survival experience. I kind of want them to change direction though to be honest. Rather than making another game set in a state/geographical location, why not fleshout a smaller scale area, a city-state perhaps? Ronto is obviously one such city they could choose.

Depends on whether the vase is form the Ming or form the Tang dynasty.

Well, People complain about vast wastelands of nothing.

Why not a small island like Hawaii?

I'd give it to the army. Jackie with a ladder is strong but he needs a baby and a skyscraper to unleash his full power.

>Hawaii
I smell a hatch in the jungle.

A jarhead a few weeks out of a vault being able to invent and construct a contraption like that makes you wonder why after 200 years people are still living in literal garbage.

Hawaii would be interesting. Maybe with pilotable vertibirds, boats and the such to travel from island to island? You just know they'd put huge fucking sea monsters in it, Atlantis-type areas and Republic of Dave-esque military dictatorships built atop oil platforms.

>Maybe with pilotable vertibirds, boats and the such to travel from island to island?
Fuck that noise.

Derivable vehicles in games like GTA, Witcher, and other open world games are just an excuse for developers to pad out the game's with large expanses of nothing so they can boast about map size.

Any idea why my Diamond City guards are running around naked?
I installed like 200 mods in one go

Also how do you start Far Harbor? I just saved Nick and we're about to break into Kellogg's house

>Any idea why my Diamond City guards are running around naked?
Mods

>Also how do you start Far Harbor? I just saved Nick and we're about to break into Kellogg's house
After the BoS arrive you will get a radio signal from Nick's assistant telling you to come meet her.

though you can just go to the asian people's house in the top right corner of the map whenevr you want

seeing how the chinese had spies and operands all over the US Government ass, they probably discovered it, though they never found the Oil rig.

The Rotten Apple

the log on the Prydwen pretty much detailed how NY is nowadays and the game had a LOT of NY related easter eggs on it

NY in Fallout would be a perfect John Carpenter's paradise

Its Closer to the Minuteman area of influence, the Brotherhood, and its probably one of the main places where some NCR/Followers Expedition would visit for more technology

Your concrete squares are great.

My concrete square is coming along too. Put potted ferns everywhere and lots of flags and paintings. Some rugs. Working on privacy dividers for the bed area now.

Well how else would the player move from island to island? Bethesda wouldn't just set the whole game on the Big Island.

I just pretend that my character has nothing to do with the stuff I build. (He is an officer, not a construction worker.) And that some of the stuff has been there since before he arrived at the scene.

Sure, I made the workshop at Greygarden. But the robots could not have maintained themselves for 200 years without a decent workshop. So it must have been there before my character ever met them. Sure, I moved the beds and build the new houses at The Slog. And I send all my Ghoul settlers there. But why would some random normie suddenly start building houses for a bunch of Ghouls? They decided to invite more people, who then build their own houses, because the increasing economic stability of the Commonwealth allowed them to expand their farming and trading operations.

>Your concrete squares are great.
Well technically it's not mine, it's from russian vg

>be a random dude trying to make a living
>go to a new settlement you hear about
>pitch in by farming
>have to see some ugly sign the faggot owner put up about their girlfriend every morning when i wake up and every night
feels bad desu

>privacy dividers for the bed area

Meet your new best friends.

Update the armor keywords community resource.

This same thing happened to me.

See that holstered pistol he's wearing on his hip? It's having an item slot conflict with his outfit, you likely are using an older version of the keyword mod than the armorsmith extended is designed to use.

I found a settlement station while back at the airport went back to see if i could unlock it, but then i found out it's part of a fancy quest line for the brotherhood.

Gay.

I say something similar.

The PCs involvement in constructing the settlements is similar to the player's involvement in an RTS. You the player are directing everything personally but 'you' are really an abstraction of all the various commanders and individuals involved.

When 'you' are building settlements it's more fair to say that your character helping that settlement deal with its problems and using your influence to foster trade between settlements is leading to the people living there improving and expanding.

For those asking
heres the fully detailed NY in fo4

>You know, before getting shipped to the Commonwealth, I thought Elder Lyons still had some good points The Brotherhood in the Capitol Wasteland, they were about helping. But this assignment, it's opened my eyes. On the flight here, we passed city after city. Buildings taller than I've ever seen. Some that nearly clipped the Prydwen. And who uses them now? Mutants. Freaks. Seeing all that destruction, tens of millions dead, brought on by technology run amok, it made it so clear. Elder Maxson is right. The wasteland needs to be cleansed. And we're the ones to do it.

and the prydwen passed though Manhattan En-Route to Boston

Too bad you can't use it after killing brotherhood of gays.

>Bethesda wouldn't just set the whole game on the Big Island.
Yes they would.

>and its probably one of the main places where some NCR/Followers Expedition would visit for more technology
the NCr hasn't made it to the Midwest, let alone NYC

No they wouldn't.

All the others would be DLC

I'm not sure how the fuck you could do it but if you could deliver non-numerical Fallout games in episodes it'd be the sickest shit in the world

you could play as
>a western tribal, try to defend your people against Caesar's Legion
>remnants of the US armored forces in 2077 post-war China, doing whatever you can to survive and keep fighting the war
>an influential figure in the Capital Wasteland in the years following the Great War, when V87 Super Mutants ("Greens") first start appearing on the surface
>a vault dweller leaving your vault for the first time, discover that the world has moved on without you and realize your people are expendable
>a soldier of the Enclave that has been routed out of Navarro with no choice but to head east
>a Desert Ranger (pre-NCR unification) trying to keep your homeland safe
>a soldier of the first-generation Brotherhood of Steel, try to bring order to your fallen country
>one of America's first ghouls in the post-apocalyptic wasteland, and all the trouble that comes with it
>a no-name that wakes up on the moon after being abducted by the Enclave

literally an infinite amount of cool shit you could do
naturally it'd be a far departure from the standard series, but if you weren't a completely shit company you could easily pull it off while keeping the classic Fallout feeling

I had the most fucked up dream last night /fog/

Someone had made a mod that added every single gun from Enter the Gungeon to Fallout 4.

I don't know what's more sad, that that mod would never happen, or that I had a fucking deam about Fo4 mods

NCR/Followers

even if isn't the NCR after 50 years since new vegas, it would be the Followers, which would be interesting since we would see a small Followers/BoS conflict all over again

>would be the Followers,
this doesn't make sense either as we know that they haven't expanded further then the Mojave to the east, or wyoming to the north, due to the Legion killing all the Followers who enter his realm in fear of them exposing his lie.

I acknowledge this aspect, too. My character has a big influence on the goings on in the Commonwealth. Just not on this level. His role is more comparable to that of a medieval king.

They wouldn't user. They need a gimmick, something to pull in more attention to the game. They already put a bunch of features in Fallout 4 that are probably here to stay, settlements, weapon customization, segmented armour, etc.
The genre might have to be shifted I feel. Maybe back to the original games genre, the Cavalier Oblique perspective, with the Turn-based combat and so on.

I doubt boating would be the gimmick since Bethesda has been consistently against derivable vehicles because they make the map too small, and they don't want to pad it out with lots of nothing like GTA and Witcher did.

If they did include boats in a Hawaii game, it would be like vertibirds or the boat ride in Fallout 4, automated so it can't fuck up, or at least fuck up as much.

Since T6M uses the same UV map as T3, whatever skin texture you like out of the bunch. I think I use BOG Hi-rez version, with the Sweaty Skin normal/specular map.

Either way, It'd be pretty cool. I'd want vehicles that could be piloted/sailed so you could have engaging sea battles with the inevitable Kraken Impersonators and pirates they'll have in game, or dive below for pre-war wreckages.

Isnt 50 fucking years after FoNV enough to make them travel to the east?

>they don't want to pad it out with lots of nothing like GTA and Witcher did.
That's dumb.

It took the NCR over a century to go from California to fucking Las Vegas, which is literally just a hundred or so miles away.

In 50 years, the NCR would just be breaking into Kansas, with long range scouts at best.

Most of the next 50 years would be spent on them trying to fully secure the mojave region, and moving into the lands once occupied by the Legion fighting off legion remnants, insane tribes, and raider gangs, that would form after the Legion's fall.

In 50 years, they might have taking Phoenix and Tuscon, but little else.

Especially given all their water and food problems.

>it's dumb to not want to have a shitty empty game world like GTa/Witcher
Not really, its a fucking good thing.

Wait really or are you joking?

I'm a huge russiaboo, got to go there on a civil service trip a couple years ago and I love it ever since. If there's an actual russian /fog/ I want to go.

When you tell her that you love her, she does a sort of "What? me? why would you love someone like me?" sort of speech, so going around and saying "I'm dating her, and she's great!" and being really excited and exuberant about your relationship would be special to her, because she seemed to expect you not to love "someone like her" as she put it. This is a real thing for people irl.

I don't know what that is. I'm just putting up sheets on poles as doorways and little alcoves for each bed+desk.

user, look at Just Cause 2 or Far Cry. The little bits of emptiness make exploration all the more enjoyable, you don't just stumble on interesting locations every 100m, nor do you see the next from where you stand. And there's still fast travel if you want to skip.

>Mr. House, why does the Assaultron have a pair of big tits?

Both of those games are as unenjoyable as possible, and that sort of mindless filler only ruins exploration by turning most of the game's playtime into a whole lot of nothing.

>If there's an actual russian /fog/ I want to go
2[space]ch[dot]hk/vg/res/21475569.html

wow this is so cool

>their nv and 4 people get along
I'm jealous

So, at which point in Automatron will I start to get assblasted by murderbots? I'm guessing its as soon as I meet Ada, but I'm not sure.

>It took the NCR over a century to go from California to fucking Las Vegas, which is literally just a hundred or so miles away.

Today, you spend more time at the airport than on the plane. A hundred years ago, it would have been a three day trip. Two hundreds years ago, it would have been at least a week.

Those objects are the prime group-select "controllers" for objects with snapping points. The pillar even allows you to sink things into the ground at certain places. (As do other sinkable objects.)

Place the object or objects, like a wooden wall, you want to put in a place where they wont fit, on their own far away from any other objects. Plop one of these three fellows as close to them as possible. Position the cursor over your new friend and HOLD the select button. Experience the magic.

Carpets are also great. They allow you to completely ignore the collision of an object, if you properly place it on the carpet and select the carpet normally, but that only works for objects without snapping points.

As soon as her introduction scene finishes. You don't even have to interact with Ada. All that matters is that the cell is loaded when the last enemy dies.

>Today, you spend more time at the airport than on the plane. A hundred years ago, it would have been a three day trip. Two hundreds years ago, it would have been at least a week.
this argument ignores that the NCR already has trains, working cars, and vertibirds, in their arsenal.

They are already moving as fast as possible as technology allows them to.

Is there a worse voice acted character?

It's not an argument. Just an observation.

whoever voices motor runner

I firmly believe any Nexus modder could read his script better. He was fucking miserable on every delivery

I always though that captured centurion's performance was awkward. His delivery was too flat. I get the feeling he was supposed to scream or yell more.