Lightweight cars are Simply better

This isnt really a miata thread but the ND my friend drives got me thinking of this.

I seem to have more fun in lightweight cars. Been in some powerful heavy muscle cars, GT, SS Chargers also used to drive my brothers ford lighting which was factory supercharged.

They where great cars but I feel like you get a beter driving experience on the road with a lightweight smaller car

TLDR: Lightweight cars = more fun

this has been known for a long time.

thing is people with masculinity issues see lightweight fun cars as gay/weak/girly.

Also smaller lightweight cars aren't really that practical to DD.

That being said most people (being Americans) care about stoplight to stoplight racing and highway pulls so small nimble low hp cars like the miata, frs and such does not matter to them.

>That being said most people (being Americans) care about stoplight to stoplight racing and highway pulls s
Thats the only metric that matters on daily driving. Nothing else.

That's a shame that more people don't give lightweight cars a shot. think they would be genuinely surprised at how much they enjoy it

I have owned 3 cars in my life (only 21)

First car - European BMW V6
Second Car - Japanese Miata NC I4
Third Car - American Ford Mustang V8

I have no brand loyalty, however since I do live in Floirda and all we have are flat roads and shit drivers. The best car for this location is an american V8 all the way. Its safer, faster than 99% of the other cars on the road so overtakes aren't an issue, and opening up on the throttle and lifting off on the daily commute is more satisfying than taking a turn fast imo.

Hated having to redline my miata to pass a fucking altima. But each car has a niche.

>bmw v6
Uwot

not everyone lives in Florida though.

California has a shit ton of beautiful twisty roads and thats where low hp lightweight cars thrive

Same as anal, but hey, to each his own.

this is the type of person with masculinity issues I was talking about earlier

But user, Americans have made one of the lightest closed-wheel cars on the road today.

Only retards drive small low HP cars as daily drivers. I hate small vehicles because they're unsafe as shit, and they have so much fucking road noise. You literally feel like you're getting sucked into a truck when passing on the freeway. Visibility is shit because you're so low to the ground and tiny. Get into a crash and you're going to be injured for sure.

Large cars on the other hand, great passing power, big metal chunks around you, get into a crash and you'll likely walk away uninjured.

Trucks/SUVs, they're the most amazing things you can drive. You get to see so much of the road, and everything around you. You get to witness stupid people doing stupid shit in tiny cars and learn what to do when passing them.

how many people do you actually see driving them or even tracking them?

Nobody is saying you have to DD a small car. I have a truck as a DD and a Miata as my weekend/fun/track car.

But whatever your loss.

>tfw i was going to get a nimble car until i realized i live in FL
Highway cruiser here i come

Do I need a WRX to donate, or can I just order one? An 818C would be fun.

When everybody has a big penis replacement truck, their visibility goes to shit. Meanwhile, the faggot in the Miata can see under everyone's redneckbox.

get a turd gen mr2 they weight like 2100 lbs

Best way to do it is just buy the WRX parts you need. You can order a complete car but they're expensive then.

What's that reasoning?
Lightweight cars are the best for DD:
Lightweight oftentimes means small cars which is perfect when parking spots are scarce.
Weight is also very impactful on having a good MPG, which imo is one of the top priorities of a DD.

As an owner of a Japanese Miata NC I4 as you put it, it's certainly not known for its straight line performance but I have no problems keeping up with highway traffic and passing traffic going at normal speeds

This

I think it has to do with storage. Even then, that can be solved by getting a roomy and cheap shitbox.

The more I see the ND the more I like it