Big Turbo Build MS3

Hey Guys, I started a Big turbo build on a 2011 ms3, check out my youtube if you are interested i will be posting along the way as I go, first time doing this and its a learning process! 400 HP 400 Torque Is my first goal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCkbYj5vHhKrQGOJJ5GUmDMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZI-JUaeghgk
youtube.com/watch?v=_epjDOBCJP8&t=218s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2011 ms3

So what's your end goal?
How big is the big turbo and don't you think that a smaller turbo would be sufficient and more fun?

Turbo Manifold

This turbo is a BNR s4, it is "the biggest small turbo" so im on the same track as you user

why not go for a small fast spooling turbo thats almost always in boost? especially in an FF car

Here is the link to my youtube if you guys want to see some progress I have made so far, right now im waiting on parts from corksport (tranny mount) and a catch can from damon motorsports to come in. Im heading up to AWD tuning in dallas Tx today, be back saturday with dyno event video.

youtube.com/channel/UCkbYj5vHhKrQGOJJ5GUmDMQ

The BNR s4 is a good choice for fun guys, it will hit peak boost at 3500-3600 RPMS, and is good for up to 450 hp and 450 Torque, The k04 turbo I had on there is too small and ran out of puff, It made 300 HP and 360 Torque before i started this build, I plan to gain 100 hp and 40 torque and thats tuned down since i dont want the block to explode.

Nice dude, what have you got right now for suspension and exhaust? Those are the two mods I'm looking at next and I've been really curious for input; I want to go cheap on my coilovers kinda cause I basically just want to not feel monster truck status, go down a couple inches but my one buddy is telling me don't cheap out on them. What do you think? Also is your k20 blown or just upgrading it for the power and selling the k20?

according to the stats, the thing comes on around 3250rpm and hits max torque at 4000rpm

honestly you would want somthing that comes into boost around 2800rpm and peaks at around 3800-4000 rpm that way you have more usable power and arnt bogging down when turning from stop signs or on tight twisties

according to the sizing info the extruder is 76mm which is going to produce a sizeable lag on the low end meaning that na cars will definitly get a huge jump on you from a dead stop

if anything you want somthing a little smaller and instead opt for lightweight flywheel, lightweight pulleys, lightweight wheels (RFP1) and any engine modification that will increase low end power and make for faster response

you cant even know how to do your own oil change fuck off

Its a k04 not a k20???? If you are in need of a k04 let me know, it IS NOT BLOWN i just want more boost, message me on the youtube mate. My suspension is stock, exhaust will be a 3 inch dump side exit for now, the build cost alot of money and im doing it in stages, this is the first one, and will get me to 400/400 easily

K04* my bad, I always forget parts names and get them mixed up with engine names and shit, too much mixing around in my brain.

>400hp FF
I don't see the point, but you do you.

Well the oil has been changed so there is that lol....why you so angry?

I need to build the block for over 400, meth, intake mani, turbo mani is the next stage, im not doing it all in one swing, turbo and my setup i can get to almost 500 but thats down the road.

The bnrs4 is a popular "big turbo" swap on the speed3, I'd say he's gonna be fine. The other one is a G-somethingsomething, probably the one I'll end up with when my K04 dies on me.

thanks for the info man, i am a complete newb, this is my first time doing any work like this on my car, like previous guys said, the BNRs4 is a popular upgrade path we shall see, hope I didnt go too big !

You'll be fine. If you don't mind, what have you done to be getting 300hp before your swap? I'm sitting at 300 whp with corksport catback, cobb sri, e85 mix and purple drank tune. Saying you're a newb...does this mean you haven't gotten the auto tech hpfp plunger thing, to increase your fp pressure? If so I'd do that immediately before anything.

this

Well you see, we can't spin out at 5mph with this set up. It'd be pretty good for you, now I think about it.

I don't know if any of you guys watch BoostedBoiz at all, but their 600hp EK hatch and 400hp Civic wagon look rad as fuck to me. Sure, they won't do good on a track, but they seem to be really fun on the streets.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZI-JUaeghgk

If you like wheel spin I guess it's cool

>this is the same guy that pretends to be an expert on driving

>can't even take a mild turn at 10mph without spinning out

JESUS CHRIST

I don't have any issue with it, 50 dollar stiffer rear motor mount and its solved. Weird.

>turbo manifold

>50 dollar stiffer rear motor mount and its solved
???
No.

???
Ya?? First hand experience trumps whatever meme shit you read furfag.

Why would a motor mount stop wheel spin?
When did I claim to be an expert?

If you're saying wheel spin, actual wheel spin it doesn't. Everything spins, some with varying degrees of it. It's not that much worse than a mustang launching would be. If you're talking torque steer wheel spin, the rmm completely eliminates it. I mean, you'd know about spinning tho I guess

>It's not that much worse than a mustang launching would be
Except when the mustang launches the weight transfers backwards and increases grip, when the MS3 launches the weight transfers backwards and decreases grip.
Hell, my fucking 50hp festiva spins the tires taking off if I give it a bit of throttle.

>Hell, my fucking 50hp festiva spins the tires taking off if I give it a bit of throttle
You mean if you dump the clutch at 6000rpm?

No, not dumping the clutch.

The rmm stops the engine from shifting so the energy being transfered isn't nearly as much with the original motor mount (thus the "stiffer" part comes into play) So the spin is pretty much eliminated. Use your brain.

the fag is right though. you're gonna be spinning hard as fuck.

>the motor mount will stop the 400hp from spinning the wheels
This is fucking hilarious

>Use your brain.

He's a retarded furry. He can't, or else he might realize how pathetic his really is and kill himself.

I've never had a fast car so I'm just a benchracer, but why doesn't that happen in vid related and such?
youtube.com/watch?v=_epjDOBCJP8&t=218s

I didn't say at 400hp. I'm not OP, yea it's gonna spin at 400hp. Spoilers: most cars do.

Yeah, even a fucking 50hp car does lmfao

believe it or not motor mounts are well known to stop WHEEL HOP on fwd cars which when doing off the line launches results in wheel spin

just keep in mind that its only from a dead stop and really only if you have the appropriate tire and suspension setup to coincide with the motor AND TRANSMISSION mounts obviously if you are riding the 2step on a moist day on and drop the clutch from a dead stop there is going to be wheel spin but if driven correctly you wont have much if any at all until you transition to the next gear and even then there wont be any torque steer

Skip to 3:40 btw, timetags in the URL don't fucking work on Veeky Forums for some reason

You just posted rolling race pulls you dumb fuck.

Of course motor mounts will make a difference with wheel hop, but to say "the rmm completely eliminates it."
is absolutely fucking retarded

So?

Because they're racing from a roll

RETARD FIGHT

I either took the bait hard or you're too fucking dumb to be allowed to have a license.

no its not, did you come into this thread to argue about motor and transmission mounts?

have you even owned a fwd car that you put motor and transmission mounts in?

do you know the before and after?

If it was really that bad, it would spin hard at 40mph too, knowing it has 600hp.

>Yeah, even a fucking 50hp car does lmfao
You should probably get some new tires and stop driving a 20 year old shit box to compare it to a hot hatch lol.

No, he just came here to talk shit.

And he's right, 400hp in an FF car is useless.

No I just don't understand why it is so umbelievably important for the car to have good traction starting from a standstill if it can beat most sports cars from a roll.

>have you even owned a fwd car that you put motor and transmission mounts in?
I've changed out about 100 motor mounts, never for performance reasons though.
>who cares if it can't take off fast
Literally why are you trying to build a car if you can't take off fast

the dipshit pointed out you'll have wheel spin

he's right.

you said a motor mount would stop it.

you're wrong.

you then posted rolling race videos as proof and showed us you don't know what you're talking about.

ITT: People that know nothing about the MZR platform.

Props OP. Looks like a sick build. BNR S4 is the way to go.

so no you have never owned a fwd car that you then upgraded the motor and transmission mounts on, it really shows

also not everyone enjoys blowing up their car doing 6500rpm clutch dumps some people like to turn onto the freeway entrance ramp and floor it to 150mph

from the sound of it you are a mechanic who works on crappy cars all day and thinks he knows about the automotive performance sector despite not having any experience in it

It can take off fast, just not as fast as it would if it was RWD.
I'm not the motor mount guy neither the guy that is building the car.
I first replied when user and dogfucker implied that there is no point in making 400hp if your car is FF. I thought I'd point out that there is a point because beating Mustangs, GTRs and Camaros in a shitbox is fun as fuck.

>Mrcummy gets his hourly BTFO
>by a retard in a leased automatic FRS of all people

He'll go cry to himself for a few hours then come back and shit up another thread, like clockwork.

refer to The motor mount being stiffer or solid will stop it from recoiling, compression, rebound over and over which will cause wheel hop.
That has nothing to do with wheel spin from the front tires being deweighted on take off, it will only stop it from being violently jerky.

You're mistaking me for someone else, that person said they never had a fast car so they don't know why it's happening there. I do have fast car and I do realize that I spin on launch a bit, not enough for it to be "useless". The spin WITHOUT a stiff rmm would make it nearly unusable, with it it makes it completely viable and eliminates any spin FROM THE WEIGHT TRANSFER. Obviously it still spins but no more than a rwd at this point. I still take my friends built 335xi from a dig easily.

>Obviously it still spins but no more than a rwd at this point.

Complete delusion.

That Civic runs slicks most of the time and is set up properly, so as to not light the tires up while rolling.

>what's the point of owning a fast car, you'll have wheelspin

you didnt read my earlyer post, if you have a correctly set up TIRE and SUSPENSION setup in conjunction with polyurethane motor and transmission mounts then you can eliminate wheel hop which would lead to torque steer and wheel spin

if you arnt dumping your clutch on a 6500rpm launch from a dead stop you can all but eliminate wheel spin

he doesn't own a fast car so that is literally his thought process lmao

Ah I see. Jesus I was confused there.

This is sad, it's time to stop.

More like
>what's the point of trying to make an FF car fast when you can just LS swap an old RWD Volvo

MS3's have a LSD. with a decent suspension and tyre setup, LC set at 3500, there's also such a thing as Boost By Gear. The turbo is roughly equal to a gt3076r. a proper tune would allow a pretty decent launch for FWD.

And an RWD car with the same power would still launch better. You're fighting against the laws of physics here and the laws of physics always win.

>why have something inferior when something superior exists
This can go for almost anything.
Bottomline is that a 400hp MS3 is still cool, regardless of whether it can be beat by an LS swapped Volvo or not.

Not saying you're wrong, but there is a way to work around FWD. It'll never be as good as RWD but it works.

It may be cool, but it's fucking useless. The only thing it's good for is doing highway pulls.

>why have something inferior when something superior exists
Usually because of cost, but in this case the volvo would be cheaper as well.
Right now it seems to be coming down to "I own a MS3 and I don't want to admit something else is better so I'll just upgrade this platform instead of switching to another one because fanboyism and confirmation bias"

>Usually because of cost, but in this case the volvo would be cheaper as well.
Not to mention having the actual greatest engine ever built. Cheap, dead reliable, monstrous aftermarket support, and 8 cylinders in a V like God intended.

You spin your stock shitbox Volvo out in 5mph turns, last thing you need is actual power.

Stick to the bus, bitch.

>get an old volvo shitbox and drop a shitty pushrod instead

Lol

So...according to your logic, everyone in the world should own a Volvo 240 with a LS.

I don't see why it couldn't be a fun car on a track.

Because it'll under-/torquesteer straight off.

No, when did I say that?
I just said that building the MS3 to make 400hp is a waste of time.
They are fine cars.

>stop liking what I don't like

Every enthusiast should own at least one LS-powered car in their lifetime.

>putting some merican piece of shit in a Volvo
>not running a redblock with mad boost
Y'all some boring cunts

is rather just throw my wallet to a bum and fuck my cousin and get it all out of the way

I was paraphrasing.
It may, or may not be waste of time. Honestly I think it's fun shitting on brand new "Muscle" cars on the highway.
Besides, what's wrong with roll racing?

>stressed to the brink of death or relaxed and effortless for the same amount of power
I'll take the V8 thanks tho
>Besides, what's wrong with roll racing?
Nothing, but when that's all you're good at it's kinda gay

Why stick with a measly four cylinders when you can have 8 and add boost later if you really want more power?

Less gay than being good at nothing.

Every enthusiast should own a M70 at least once in their life

yugo m70?

Not big turbo if it has an internal WG

learn to boost....

BMW M70. M73 is cool too

>less power
>unreliable af
>overly complicated
I'll stick with the LS lmao

Every enthusiast should spice it up and try a bit of everything. Before my ms3 I had a 944s2. Good little na 4 cyl, then 928, big German muscle, after the ms3 I'm planning on a sw20 to try out mid engine with some awd shit box as the dd. Got to drive plenty of ls powered cars my dad had a c3, c4 and c6.

I dunno, my 750 has 300hp while my old Firebird had only 150hp. It wasn't all that reliable either.
But hey, more V12 goodness for me

The m120 and the jag v12 are honestly better

>Stressed to brink of death
Obviously you know nothing about the L3K9.
As long as it's tuned properly and maintained properly you will get plenty of life out of it.

>Roll racing is gay
You must drive some sub 200hp shitbox.