/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 19th:
1279 – A Mongol victory at the Battle of Yamen ends the Song dynasty in China.
1563 – The Edict of Amboise is signed, ending the first phase of the French Wars of Religion and granting certain freedoms to the Huguenots.
1649 – The House of Commons of England passes an act abolishing the House of Lords, declaring it "useless and dangerous to the people of England".
1687 – Explorer Robert Cavelier de La Salle, searching for the mouth of the Mississippi River, is murdered by his own men.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 28/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12566496/
strawpoll.me/12566857
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge
youtube.com/watch?v=Xl6naUpAxiM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

CK2 ACTUAL PATCH WHEN

Reminder to stop bullying AAR posters

My Hero

They're alright but one doesn't even qualify as an AAR.

aww he lost his funny hat

Reminder that bullying AAR posters is literally Steamcordplaza-tier and You shouldn't even post if You're not posting/discussing games

strawpoll.me/12566496/
strawpoll.me/12566496/
strawpoll.me/12566496/

Conquer South Wales

Please remember to pay for the games you buy

(insert picture of paracux dev guy i forgot his name)

its funny how gsg shills for vic all time but every time someone learns it you shit on him without being helpful
bunch of hypocrite niggers you are

AAR posters are fine, but EU4 posting is not. The Memezantium playthrough doesn't even qualify as an AAR.

Is that Lt. Commander Data with no hair?

That's the plan currently fabricating in Gloushter, and the plan is to give all welsh land to the current earl of somerset

Reminder that this is Veeky Forums and that the quality of your post defines what type of replies you're going to get. If AAR posters are getting bullied they maybe need to post more than one line about greek people killing muzzies.

EU4 posting is fine, it's just that Byzanon isn't putting any effort into the """AAR""" at all.

Good stuff, it will be better in the hands of God's Civilizers than that of the barbarian Welsh.
Do you have Cornwall?

La Plata.

Anyone got that awful Vicky 2 pop version of /gsg/ ?

based

every single one of us lives better than than monarchs from lets say 11 century

Recommend a fun campaign to play through in CK2.

In late September China's two radar arrays, overlooking the Tsushima Strait and Formosa, are finally completed and fully operational. Although it will be some time yet before they see actual service--the partially-complete Pusan array's help in tracking Japanese troop movements in Korea aside--their construction is nevertheless a mark of pride for the modernizing Republic.

Khazars

Why brother do you rebel, my father gave your father Kent, because he led like Caesar himself on the field, to capture the noble who was of this faction. That noble was then hung, in his later years your father rebelled, and my father thought nothing of it. He was given Kent back to rule. I gave you Surrey. because the previous earl of surrey associated himself with this faction and so rebelled, and I thought you were deserving of the title. Why must you break, you don't even sit on the council
yep, all below glouster, glifford and middlesex is mine, although dorset is somehow more prosperous than anywhere else

create custom character of native culture/religion of where you are starting but make him black
and make sure to black as many country leaders as you can, bonus for blacked emperors and relevant kings

Any OPM, try to get 7 castles through the rulership event and then just stack modifiers on your overpowered capital

i always forget how close Formosa is too the mainland.

>byzaboo fag has been made to fuck off

Based.

Fuck off faggot
I'm just waiting for the sieges to finish

>although dorset is somehow more prosperous than anywhere else
Lived there for 5 years. It's comfy as fuck.
There's plenty of places that were major trading ports for The Kingdom of Wessex that are just cozy hamlets now.

How are the Mercians? Are they a threat to you?

Based

based and metaphorically white

>Charlameme startdate as a Chief in Denmark
>Take control from the current petty king but DO NOT become King of Denmark. Only control dejure Denmark territory.
>Invade normandy and take control of it (again dejure borders).
>swearing fealty to charlomeme and convert to Catholicism to feudalize.
>Make Normandy your primary title and become norman.
>Invade Wessex (or whatever it is by now) With a son called William
>Become english
>Form pax britanica
>Port into Eu4

m8 get to bed it must be about midnight in Athens and you have school tomorrow.

Fuck off Pavlos.

the visigoth count of ceuta in charlemagne bookmark is fun to play

Yeah but why not kent or wessex itslef for trade
Mercia is just there, although at one point they stole my allaince with west francia and I still havent got it back

pay denbts you filthy greek cunt

Why not form kingdom of Denmark?

lol, catholics

I'm not greek i'm a white turk

[muted call to prayer heard in the background]

With Normandy as your primary you heir will get that while your other sons get shitty tribal Denmark. If you were king of Denmark your shitty inbred second son might get Normandy.

falseflag

In the last days of October, what Jiang had long feared has come to pass: Moscow has been sacked by the Wehrmacht. Thousands of buildings burn as Red Square is set aflame; the Kremlin is intentionally destroyed by mass artillery bombardment; Soviet civilians and officials alike are massacred in the streets; and Lenin's embalmed corpse, although the Soviets tried to extract it, is captured and hanged by a noose in the flaming Red Square. The raping and pillaging is incomprehensible, on a scale far larger than what the 7th Jun undertook in Dalian.

It is a defeat which the Soviet Union may never recover from. Although Stalin has safely extracted himself and now runs affairs from Stalingrad on the Volga, the loss of critical supplies and organization from Moscow--from which all Soviet rail networks run--is a dire blow, so much as is the massive loss of civilians, officials, and factories, not to mention the prestige and faith in Comrade Stalin which the common people have lost. In many respects, the Union simply deflates; its efforts at defense are halfhearted and weak.

Fucking exhausted, been writing since I woke up. Gonna take a break and get some food, be back in a bit. I will finish tonight.

trueflag

>I will finish tonight
based

what the fuck how is this bad
Also it says he has a weak claim to welsh kingdom that can be pressed in war, so why can't I press it for him

>Yeah but why not kent or wessex itslef for trade
Well you're right, those former ports were all along that coast bringing stuff in from Frankia. In game though it's probably just that Dorset had some high Stewardship rulers or maybe was crown focus?

I've never played in England on CK2, always been afraid of a power hungry Mercia stealing all my shit. Maybe in your game it's just had some ineffective rulers?

post your grossgermaniums

>AAR posters fuck off
>thread dies
Sasuga steamcordplaza

whats your favourit castle lads
Hohenzollern Castle here

I'd rather have shitposts than a guy who puts a fort in every province and then wonders why he's bouncing from one bankruptcy to the next.

fuck sake did someone start this before the otherone hit bump limit both threads are bumping

Toughts?
The Arabian province is so I can blob into the far east later
hey I needed those forts fuck off

>France going past the Rhine
>Austria still exists

>mecca

For what purpose

>going into arabia before you've secured anatolia and the balkans

why you do you expand into egypt before even finishing wrapping up greece and anatolia
start colonizing shit

>going in to arabia at all

It's not Mecca it's Jeddah, I wan't a port there so I can take Socotra, then the Maldives (both OPMs with no allies, so it should be easy even with a small army) and then take some Chinese ports, since the chinks are very behind in tech while India is more advanced than most of Eastern Europe

>while India is more advanced than most of Eastern Europe
I would quit on the spot. That's a good advertisement not to play this shit mod.

>I wan't a port there so I can take Socotra, then the Maldives (both OPMs with no allies, so it should be easy even with a small army) and then take some Chinese ports
>doing any of that before securing your proper borders

Figured it out, the duchy of Kent is not his title, the duchy of Kent is one of my titles, and if I gave it to him I would lose Kent, which will only happen once i have London
Wessex has always been the crown focus though, although I think Dorset has had more prosperous events and decisions unfortunately
Does always collecting extra taxes stop prosperity increasing

I did it all, Buster.

I think it's mostly because they got Global Trade first, since that depends on trade and there's like 131 ducats in one of the indian nodes

Sorry I need to sleep as going on a trip vital to my degree tomorrow, not even time to jerk off

Although the devastating effect losing Moscow has had on the Union cannot be overstated, the cost of the prolonged engagement on Germany has been much harder. Allied forces have not only split the Axis defense into southern France--which is threatening to become a pocket--and Germany proper, even at the point of the capture of Moscow they had advanced into western Germany and had captured several key population centers, with only Volk and SS divisions resisting their advance. By late December, while the Wehrmacht promises that their reinforcements will arrive imminently, the Allied advance has reached a critical point; Axis forces in southern France have their backs to the sea, while fully one-third of Germany has been captured by the Allies.

Where is the Wehrmacht?

they're multiplying

Pick my next EU4 game.

strawpoll.me/12566857

Genoa:
>Fuck Europe and instead control trade in Africa and India.

Welayta (East African fetishist country):
>Take over East Africa and bring paganism back to Arabia.

Independent Daimyo or Japan:
>Bring all of East and Southeast Asia into its sphere of influence, with plenty of colonies and well-fed vassals.

Muscovy -> Russia:
>Expand only into Europe and the Middle East. Remove kebab and bring Orthodoxy back to Europe.

For Larping purposes, get a port off of eritria or Somalia, it makes sense to have a trading port with other christians than on muslim land, where it's more vulnerable

conquer rome

Nah, just posting screens from an old campaign.
I haven't played EUIV for longer than 15 minutes in months.

is that a font mod or something
text seems to be pretty big
arent you the guy who played england before
anyway voted for niggers, have fun with playing with shitty units

uninstall and go back to paradoxplaza

Fuck me that's worse than I thought

Don't justify yourself to one of these autists.

Quit taking my damn mod out of the OP

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

anything but japan, that's an incredibly boring and unoriginal campaign idea

Why control Africa? You'll lose all your shekels to Sevilla and London.

we should take your game from op

Our enemies in Damascus have been completely destroyed! Our Emperor returns triumphant and displays various treasures taken from the enemy capital in His first triumph. These lands will probably be hard to control, but if We manage to convert them they will bring amazing wealth to our great Empire!
Yeah I was fabricating a claim on Ethiopia but they discovered Me and since I was at war with Yemen I might as well take a port there

I'll justify myself to whoever I want.
But yeah, not replying to them would be a good idea.

>Fiume

>not setting your trade capital to South Africa while also controlling much of the Ivory Coast

believable worlds

the reason behind that is because M&T 1.27 simply jury rigged the Institutions mechanic so that the mod can run on the newest version of EU4.

M&T 2.0 will have a much more realistically balanced institutions mechanic so that the East will fall behind the West unless miracles happen.

N I P P O N
I
P
P
O
N

better than this idiot

Although several small groups of Wehrmacht reinforcements arrive throughout early January, enough to reassure Hitler of his officers' insistence that the main body of troops had difficulties redeploying due to the Russian winter but will arrive with plenty of time to throw back the Allied advance, by late January the truth becomes clear. As Berlin begins to feel the first Allied shells striking it and Hitler descends into his bunker, it can no longer be denied: the Wehrmacht has abandoned the Fuhrer.

voted for niggers but genoa doesn't sounds bad either
>nippon/russia
meh

How fucking anticlimactic!

How does Austria and the HRE play in the mod? Is it much the same? I can only play EU4 as Austria and every game is 100% different

Should I give Edessa to My vassal?

As January passes into February and the Allied forces pocket German troops in southern France, the extent of the Wehrmacht's duplicity soon becomes clear. All of Hitler's yes-men among the armed forces--Keitel, Jodl, and their ilk--were those stationed in France, defending the front lines. Although Hitler believed he had strong allies in his eastern command as well, in reality they were comprised primarily of those outwardly loyal but inwardly disgusted with his rule: Beck, von Witzleben, von Moltke, and, surprisingly, even top officers like Manstein and Guderian. Together they fabricated troop movements, utilizing von Witzleben's influence in OKdH to obfuscate the fact that the Wehrmacht was essentially stationary, and to prevent reports regarding the extent of the Allied advance into Germany from reaching the front. This was undertaken with full support from and communication with Britain and the United States--part of a grand plan which would see the Wehrmacht abandon Germany during the Allied advance.

In return for this refusal to fight (as well as their agreement to burn and loot the Soviet cities to the utmost extent during their occupation of the communist nation), several Allied concessions were promised: the maintenance of the Wehrmacht in the future Germany, the immunity from trial of all German officers not members of the SS or Nazi party as well as the total immunity of all conspirators, the German retention of Austria and the Polish Corridor, and the restoration of the monarchy under Wilhelm III, Wilhelm II's eldest son.

Although Germany faced serious concessions itself for such generous terms, including technological exchange programs and a permanent duty to garrison the Soviet border at the cost of the German state, as the Wehrmacht command saw it, it was a pretty bargain to betray the Fuhrer. The upstart Corporal was always too full of himself for their tastes.

>played EU2, EU3, and EU4 but never tried the Ottomans before today
>tfw this video was accurate

youtube.com/watch?v=Xl6naUpAxiM