/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #705 - World War Egg Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ijp986PFB2o
youtube.com/watch?v=dZ4XIVOVIgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In honour of Sanic Forces, I dedicate this tune as official thread theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ

That's some nice art

First for physics.

Reminder to tune in tomorrow for the Jun & Ohtani stream!

has sonic's movement been programmed correctly for a change?

>those bouncy balls in Studiopolis
God, I want to punch one so bad.

I fucking hate SSMB so much. It's just a huge circlejerk of autistic faggots who suck the dick of popular long time members to climb up a social ladder. Having a different opinion from the popular members is a crime. And what makes it worse is the autistic reddit-tier like system. That website needs to be obliterated.

Didn't people used to put a video in the OP for the thread theme?

your time will come user, as will all of ours.

Considering the game is built upon the critically-acclaimed "Retro Engine," yes. I can safely say, from what I've seen, it appears to be spot on.

not for a while, but it goes.

Awesome.
Awesome to the max.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ijp986PFB2o

This place isn't much better.

SonicRetro is worse. I've never seen a community as elitist as this.

>need to write an essay on a new-person forum explaining why you like Sonic and how you'll contribute to the community
>have to wait for that to be approved
>given a trial period of 20 posts
>sometimes more than one trial
>if you don't demonstrate some level of creative talent (IE programming/art) your account is forever "pending approval"
>never get to know if you were rejected or not, or why

I understand wanting to prevent kids and cringe but come the fuck on.

cute

>need to write an essay on a new-person forum explaining why you like Sonic and how you'll contribute to the community

It is already miles better just by virtue of the fact that this is an anonymous image board.

It absolutely is.

What happened now?

Is yesterday's Boom episode up yet? Or was it a rerun day?

I've actually considered different Sonic communities and this is somehow one of the better ones.

>/sthg/
Can flip drastically in quality between threads but overall has some good people and great creative contributors.

>SSMB
A board for 13 year olds to roleplay and post fan fiction. Any actual discussion, of which there is little, is poorly presented and often bends to the whim of certain users due to a post Like system.

>Sega boards
A place for 13 year olds to roleplay and post fan fiction. No discussion at all.

>Retro
See >/fast/
The only time it's alive is to talk shit about how bad /sthg/ is. Any other time it's utterly dead.

Other communities are either too small or not important.

Reposting because I actually like how this turned out.

Is it bad that my favourite characters are both Raiden and Silver?

Is it bad that when people were talking about a "nerd scene", I thought about The Simpsons?

so what's your thoughts on what we've been shown so far of Sonic Forces?

Yes.

I have no regrets, then

hey buddy, did you get a load of the nerd?

Consider me hyped

Retro, for how fucking retarded and douchey their community can be sometimes, is commendable. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have some of the best ROMhacks and fangames around, and their autistic screeching is what led to Generations, the Classic Sonic comeback, and of course RubyEclipse.

I hate that nepenthe cunt

Pardon me?

A girl's gotta have options.

First off, delet this. Second off

>gets my hammer swingin'

What are you trying to say, Yoto?

+Boost2win comes back insteadof more gimmick garbage
+Hedgehog Engine 2
+Theme song is kick ass
+Eggman Won
-Only Sonic again
-3 playstyles

I hope both of the new games make enough money to continue this "Classic on one end, Modern on the other" duality so that more than one group is pleased at a time.

best boys

yes, even Silver

MFW there's a love triangle between amy sonic and shadow

Erotic.
I wonder if she'd be up for a spitroast?

>Amy lusting after Shadow
DELETE THIS

She has a thick, Meaty Mallet.

I'm really excited. I think trying to be more "gritty" or whatever would be fun, honestly a little disappointing if that one tweet about it being "not as dark as it seems" is true.

One big disappointment I have is that it seems to just be focused on Sonic. The whole "join the resistance" thing got me thinking there would be more going on than just Sonic or varying iterations of Sonic. I understand that mods will likely solve that problem, but that they aren't playable characters in the base game probably means that they won't be major characters in the story, which again I was looking forward to. I understand why so many people consider Sonic trying have any story leaning towards being dark or serious to just be stupid, and I even kind of agree with them, but I love that shit.

Same, I can't stand that fucking bitch.

That would be truly a blessing.

Yup. Him and Diogenes. All huge cunts.

YOTO HOW COULD YOU

I want to hug Nicole.

>Filename
Gee Amy!

Fuck, forgot file.

Having Modern and Classic gameplay is fine in my book, but it's this 3rd gameplay style that has me confused. We've already received confirmation that you will not be playing as any of Sonic's friends in this game which leaves us with 2 options:

A. We play as Eggman and his army, or
B. We play as Sonic for a third time, but somehow make it different enough from Classic and Boost to make it not redundant.

What could it possibly be? Help me out, fastbros. I'm wracking my brain here trying to make sense of this.

I want to touch Nicole with magnets

The fuck do you guys have against her?

>Diogenes

STANDING

ON THE EDGE

I've no idea who they're talking about, but I know SSMB mods have a reputation for being massive cunts.
eg. Hogfather

Fuck off hodgefather

Maybe they really did not abandon Lost World's gameplay, and instead mixed it up with the other two? It was more or less predictable they would build on it, given that they said they would abandon boost.

The Eggman option isn't happening. The Nintendo Dream article has already specified that we are ONLY playing as Classic and Modern Sonic. This third style is either something for one of the Sonics, a filler style like Sky Chase in Adventure or the ship/bike in Rush Adventure, or something else entirely.

>yfw the launch trailer is cut to this song

Reminder that I got BANNED for speaking german on ssmb

The third gameplay style will be a kind of between-levels filler like the boating in Rush Adventure. You upgrade Sonic's allies by getting red rings (red stars are featured prominently in the logo) and/or gathering supplies by grinding previous levels. Doing this enough times unlocks the next level.

>Speaking nazi

You deserve it

I wasn't defending them. I just wanted to know what did they do to make you guys hate them this much.

Details?

They should just increase the image limit. The ratio is too unbalanced compared to regular boards.

To be fair, "type in English" is literally a rule there.
I mean, if you started speaking German here then I'd happily kick you out but then I am British.

please no

I don't want another Unleashed medal hunt for christ's goddamn sake.

Hell Yeah!

It was even worse when we were a new general, we used to reach the image limit pretty bad, so I sent moot a feedback asking to pls raise it

>Shadow is Sonic's Solid Snake (genetically altered super-soldier made by the bad guys, starts out as an ass, later finds friends)
>Silver is Sonic's Raiden (same hair, same voice actor)
Fill in the rest of this chart, if you dare.

I said hello how are you in german and nepenthE banned me because she thought I was SAYING swear words in SWAHILI. I can't believe the bitch used google translate to translate.

Well this makes sense for Boom!Amy at least since she showed interest in other guys. Thankfully not for Main!Amy. But either way, I'm sure Shadow wouldn't return her feelings.

W-What

POST YFW there's a love triangle between sonic amy and shadow in forces.

Boom Shadow would call her weak and pathetic for having feelings

Please stop.

We could also try having discussions without having to rely on spamming memes oh who am I kidding we live for this

If they're hyping it as a third gameplay then I don't think it'll be as shallow as merely grinding red rings. I think it'll be more like Rush Adventure where you grind short side levels for resources that you use to upgrade whatever, or possibly even Colors where you get red rings to unlock special stages, with the special stages being the third gameplay style.

Go back to FF.net, pls

Christ can they just give up on "modern sonic" already? I don't see the appeal. SEGA releasing Sonic Mania is practically an admission of failure on their part, they should just give up on trying to make sonic translate to 3D.

>playing Sonic Generations
>never bothered going into the collection room
>notice the song is Door Into Summer

Knuckles Chaotix had an unreasonably good soundtrack for how clunky it was

youtube.com/watch?v=dZ4XIVOVIgU

OF THE CRATER

Eggman is able to take over the world because after the events of Generations, Classic Eggman went back to school and got his teaching degree.
With the newly gained ability to tell people what to do, Eggman slowly but surely took control of the planet.
Now Classic Sonic, Modern Sonic, and Silver have to go back in time and make sure Eggman flunks college.

You have to stop living in the 90s user. Literally everything is 3D now. THE 90S ARE NEVER COMING BACK.

>THE 90S ARE NEVER COMING BACK.
I can make them come back and it'll be radical dude.

>implying he wouldn't use her to spread his superior seed for the sake of hedgehog kind

IGN pls.

So what was the first Sonic fan community you guys were a part of?

>Implying Shadow thinks anyone is worthy of carrying a child of his
>Implying Shadow wouldn't just clone himself

So basically how sasuke and sakura ended up fucking?

LOOKING AT THE ABYSS

Oh no, I don't mean that in the graphical sense. I mean that sonic doesn't work well with 3D gameplay. I've played enough modern sonic games to say that they just feel like stupid easy roller coaster rides whose main attack mechanic is basically a slipshod fix that had to be introduced to compensate for the fact that sonic is too fast for precision platforming and combat.

>So what was the first Sonic fan community you guys were a part of?
That's... actually a good question.
I'm not sure if I was on the ride first (if that counts) or on SSMB.

SonicAnime.net

Also, you think I'm the one living in the 90's? Sega can't release a single decent sonic game without putting classic sonic in it.

I've had no problem doing either of those things in 3D Sonic games.

Sonic Colors. Sonic Unleashed, Heroes & Sonic's gameplay in SA1 & 2 were both fun.

We need a Sonic-fied version of pic related.
If Toby's here, I nominate him.