/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

First for Paya

first for mipha

I just beat Ganon in BOTW and this is the 2nd loz game I've ever played, the other being OOT. Thinking of playing WW HD now but I've heard this game is really easy, should I just go ahead and play it on the hero mode or what?

Doujin of impregnation and marriage with Link when?

Anyway, they should've just put Hestu in Kakariko. I did not think he would be on some random road in the middle of nowhere.

Though, to be honest, without Penny Arcade spoiling it for me, I would've never assumed it was Hestu who used them. I only found out about Hestu from the little Korok after doing the Deku stuff.

Point is, like 60 hours in before I got any inventory upgrades. Painful.

WWHD isn't easy because of the enemies (although the enemies are pretty easy), it's because the puzzles are all pretty straightforward. I'd still highly recommend playing it but it's not a brain puzzler game "how do I do this", it's a "I've had an awful day and want to relax" game

Make Hyrule Great Again

Fresh fruit > stinky fish

Yeah and even then the game is easier, IMO you should try TP and MM instead.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Heads up, WW is linear but is easy to get lost in. Also make 100% sure you get the Swift Sail as soon as possible.

I mean, he is on the side of the main road straight to Kakariko, how do you miss that?

This

Hylian set looks the best. Any pics of it with the Champions tunic?

>random road in the middle of nowhere.
it's literally the route you were told to go retard

> I did not think he would be on some random road in the middle of nowhere.

>right in the middle of the main road for the very first story objective
>right outside one of the most important towns
>middle of nowhere

The only way to miss him is if you decide to fuck off and ignore the main story completely.

Big fucking whoop

The game has ended and I must say.

Hyrule Castle is so fucking amazing that I have to wonder, what would happen if they made every dungeon like that? Jesus this shit is so good, the approach, the army of guardians flying around, turrets on the guard posts, the fucking library and kings diary, The secret dungeon entrance, the docks and the final boss. It's honestly one of the best dungeons I've seen in a video game in a long time

>tfw I had 137 seeds before my encounter with Hestu because then I started to use a horse instead of climbing my way into every city.

Just curious, does the horse god react when you bring it the Lord of the Mountain or a Stalhorse?

Also I've heard someone mention the "Lord of the Forest" before. Is that different from the Lord of the Mountain?

And for fucks sake has anyone hacked the Wii U version to register a stalhorse or the lord yet?

I didn't want to rush the main plotline, so I explored for a while before I ended up in Kakariko and the route I took was completely not the one the game though I was gonna take.

Whatever. 100 korok seeds later and I can finally not throw away every 5th thing I pick up.

LOREFAGS I SUMMON YOU

Topics

The placement of the timeline and why people don't accept it to be at the bottom of downfall.
The resurrected cult of Hylia and the noticable absence of reverence of the Golden Goddesses.
The reason civilization didn't adopt and keep the level of technology they had 10000 years ago.
The connection of guardians and shrines and their implications.
The existence of the armor of the wild.
The appearance of Koroks and Rito in the game.
The emergence of the Triforce in the flashback and in the ending sequence.
And as a bottom line of those above, "the story behind the story".

Please let me know what you think.

Should I be selling diamonds and sapphires and shit to make rupees? Or should I be saving them for stuff later? Really wanna buy the full Sheik set but only have about 400 rupees, and that's jut from daily Amiibos.

How does aging work among Hyrule races? Are the non-human races who remember the Calamity 100 years ago all immortal or do they age slowly relative to humans? Or is 100 years in Hyrule actually like 20 years or something?

Blue Link or Green Link?

My main thing was after I got to the village, from then on out, I didn't walk there, because it was so fucking far from where I was doing shit, ie. Tabitha, Rito place, so I always fast traveled.

At least the Korok Forest hinted to find him. One of the Koroks in the tree tells you to look for him near Kakariko and to tell him to go home.

Best place to find horses? What stables let you customize your horse?

Gorons seem to age normally if not faster.
Sheikah seem to age normally but reach ages of 150+ without difficulty. (and that's in a medieval setting). They might not be too much different from Hylians. Same with Gerudo. They can breed with each other.
Zora definitely age slower and live longer.
Rito are birds.

i heard alot of people talking about a big horse and i found it its outside of the gerudo town so thats the best place to find a good horse, its really big you cant miss it

10 lumimous stones can be traded for 1 diamond, so sell diamonds and hoard luminous. There are a few armor sets that are upgraded by diamonds but that's the only use for them afaik

>mfw I find the Bloodmoon shrine quest
>on a bloodmoon night

Wew what a luck

Do I just stand there or do I have to do something else?

Best way to farm star fragments? Lynels aren't dropping shit.

It's too vague, also Hyrule Encyclopedia stuck their dick in things so it's a mess
Notice they never say Hylia, Merely "The Goddess" Also the three dragons look suspicious
Somewhere, someone thought to make war with the machines and somewhere someone thought to ban all machine usage, Wait this story sounds familiar....
Same people who made shrines are the same people who originally made guardians, but since the shrines are curated by a pure monk who has lived in a stasis for centuries to focus their mind, they couldn't get ganon'd
It's just a fancy green outfit
Given the kind of guy Deku Tree is, it was a natural result of time for koroks, As for rito, I blame sheikah fuckery, honestly Rito comes across to me as a race that just started existing in the last century or so.
The Triforce is exclusively used for ganon sealing these days.

Which race is the most elf-like?

Dumb question about horses, but I've not been using them. I registered about 4, but if I take them out, how do I make sure they get back to the stable when I abandon them to climb a sheer cliff?

Also, anyone else maximizing Stamina before Hearts? I'm at 2 circles of Stamina and like 8 hearts. Exploring is so fucking fun.

So what'd you think if the '... of the Wild' set had something like '1 with the Sword' or 'Fi's Voice' allowing you to deal more damage in glow mode and make the Master Sword more durable like 'Ancient proficiency' and Guardian weapons

Keep diamonds if you want to fully upgrade a diamond tiara later, or repair the champion weapons when they break. Also keep flint.

Remember what the song is all about. It's quite literal

Is my horsey kill?

>The placement of the timeline and why people don't accept it to be at the bottom of downfall.
Because references despite all the evidence of downfall
>The resurrected cult of Hylia and the noticable absence of reverence of the Golden Goddesses.
The goddess is kinda there as an entity through which people pray to the golden goddesses
>The reason civilization didn't adopt and keep the level of technology they had 10000 years ago.
Techonolgy betrayed them, also they discovered it not long before the calamity 100 years ago
>The connection of guardians and shrines and their implications.
Videogames and Sheikah
>The existence of the armor of the wild.
Legends of a green tunic, the Sheikah made one
>The appearance of Koroks and Rito in the game.
Fuck you
>The emergence of the Triforce in the flashback and in the ending sequence.
Haven't played that far
>And as a bottom line of those above, "the story behind the story".
Zelda lore

>10 lumimous stones can be traded for 1 diamond
you get more money from 10 luminous than 1 diamond though

you know what would help against Ganon? if they fucking goddesses roaming the land as giant fucking dragons actually did something instead of flying around in the same patterns day after day

You have strip-dance on the platform while the moon's lustrous, red light shines upon you.

yes

>The placement of the timeline and why people don't accept it to be at the bottom of downfall.
There is no placement. It MUST be a convergence, because that's the only way to marry Twilight Princess and Windwaker references
>The resurrected cult of Hylia and the noticable absence of reverence of the Golden Goddesses.
The three shrines disagree.
>The reason civilization didn't adopt and keep the level of technology they had 10000 years ago.
Time passed. Ways were lost. It's not relevant
>The connection of guardians and shrines and their implications.
There aren't any implications.
>The existence of the armor of the wild.
Fan service.
See above. It's timeline convergence you stubborn cunt
>The emergence of the Triforce in the flashback and in the ending sequence.
What about it? It makes Zelda look even less competent, since she had the power all along.

I always consider Link an elf because of the pointed ears, but Hylians are more the human analogs.

Sell diamonds, you can always trade lumimous when you actually need them

>mfw this is real
Wtf, also the whole night counts as bloodmoon night, noice

Nah
Horses can swim in this game

Just fast travel to a stable and have them summon the stuck horse back for you.

Diamonds have more uses though
If you leave a registered horse in the wild you can go to any stable and choose "board horse" and it will be placed into storage

Question for the "don't fast travel" fags. Do you still approve of fast travel for housekeeping things at the end of your play session like visiting a great fairy or hetsu? Seems obnoxious to go through the lost woods every time.

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

i'd rather just keep diamonds and sell luminous which nets me more money

700 rupees for 10 luminous stones

In this case, the Zora are the "Elves" of the setting.

Weird. They don't tell you that anywhere, do they?

Thanks. I'll start using horses rather than walking everywhere like a dumbass.

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing.

You just made me picture Link as a male stripper. Dammit.

Is it just me or do "white" and "silver" enemies look pretty much identical?

np

But due to the rarity of finding diamonds, I feel 10 luminous stones +200 potential rupees is cheaper than 1 natural diamond

same color as raisins but I doubt it tastes like them

Do you really think nobody ever fast travels at all? You're being silly. Those players fast travel too, they usually just do from towns and major settlements rather than random spots in the wild.

>Not soaring into every village from the mountaintops

>Have to strip-tease for ganon in order to open a shrine.
Considering Zelda is watching over you, she gets a show as well

>farm moldugas for hours and hours and hours on end
>finally get enough parts to sell for ~12,000 mon so I can get the dark link set
>rush to kilton, so excited
>it's only ~4,000 mon for the whole set

what the fuck do I do with all these moludga guts and fins now

The number of people who pretend like entering Kakariko from the wrong direction wasn't their fault aren't wrong. It wasn't. Know what IS your fault? That you missed him again on your way out of Kakariko when you're told to head towards Hateno to see Purah. I'd also wager real money that there's dialogue about Hestu in the village if you pay attention.

>what the fuck do I do with all these moludga guts and fins now
upgrade outfits, then sell the rest

Would she enjoy it?

Make potion with 1 cheap critter and 4 fins, then sell. It sells for more than a potion with 1 cheap critter and 1 cheap monster part.

You leave kakariko on the path to the great fairy because that's the direction Impa and half the NPCs point you towards.

I've yet to go to Hateno. I figured that was beyond the tutorial and I can hold off on it while I just explore the regions in what I thought was a more sensible manner.

There isn't any dialogue.

Had I gone there, I certainly would've seen him.

oh please oh please oh please oh please

That's not the correct direction if you actually look at a map though. They're just hammering you to go fucking do the shrine. Nothing else.

>There isn't any dialogue.
I really honestly actually doubt you.

Okay, but I talked to every NPC in that village 100 times before finding Hestu, including doing like 5 side quests and essentially stalking everyone day and night because I wanted to see what the fuck they were up to and loved how they had their own schedule.

It would be perfect if it had the pants he started with.

This game has so much fetish fuel.
>Pura best waifu
>100 years old loli
>Gerudos of all ages and body types
>That guy who is going to marry a loli zora
>Gorons in Gerudo near the palace
>Big Horses
>Zelda's butt
>Rita's learned lesson in love classes
And so much more.

Who wouldn't? Link is attractive to pretty much everyone regardless of gender in this game.

Anyone else a little disappointed by the lack of monster variety? There are bokos, moblins, lizalfos, oktoroks, chus, keese, and the three mini bosses of hinox, talus, and lynel. 9 total types of enemy.

I mean if you're fine with a broken sheikah slate with missing functions, sure

so, how many of each Dragon part (horn, scale, claw and fang) do I need to farm?

Not really no. They all have great AI and a variety of behaviors. I only wish that mounted Bokoblins were a more constant threat and that they'd include Darknuts and maybe Aeralfos.

his black and blue shorts? Those wouldn't match at all.

Yeah, it's clear all that wildlife took up a lot of resources

Wolves are more annoying than any monster though

Zelda definitely says "the Goddess Hylia" in the knighting ceremony

I was halfway through my second Divine Beast before I thought of going to Hateno

>making my way to ruto's town by horse
>get up to the bridge
>miss the bridge and jump into the river 500 feet below
why is controlling horses so retarded

No, the well worn trousers.

The only annoying thing about wolves is that you can't z target them

I makes no fucking sense for istance the sheikah died in the hyrulean civil war before OoT. The last one died in TP and there are not seen in ALTTP and WW.

It makes no fucking sense because the Kokiri and the Zoras were forced to evolve because of the flood.

Technology was present in SS but I just assumed it was lost with time. Still it makes no fucking sense.

In conclusion.

IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

Is there any way for Mipha to not suffer:
If she dies she gets cucked by Zelda and has to wait like 60 years for her husbando
If she lives she gets 60 years of hylian dicking, outlives him and has to wait like 400 years to die for a round 2

Also edit when?

I assumed those were just memories or more things that feel like cheating. Anyway, I'm heading there now.

Anyway, I can't imagine they are as important as inventory slots. I should stop whining anyway, I now have like 23 more than I had before.

I kind of wish I kept track of my path as I started the game. I essentially wanted to circle the plateau, got to the first stable and then started doing quests from there. I only got to Kakariko after exploring about 5 other regions and after Kakariko, I immediately went teleported back to start doing stuff in the snowy region because I found the fairy there.

1: It's the Downfall's end. People disagree because their favorite game isn't in the Downfall Timeline and because small references mean more than central plot points to some people.
2: Time changes cultures.
3: The King at the time realized the Sheikah were kind of terrifying and banished them from the land. This event caused a split in the Sheikah that lead to the Yiga clan.
4: They were just both built by the Sheikah. The Guardians were stored in the five giant obelisks surrounding Hyrule Castle.
5: Link DID earn the Master Sword, after all.
6: Spirits and birds, man.
7: The Triforce is referred to by Zelda and the Royal Family as the "Sealing Power." The Royal Family had and used the Triforce throughout the Golden Era, and passed it down through the family, using it for the good of the people.
8: What do you even mean? The B plot is that Hyrule has been in decline because they forsook the gods. Even the fairies don't get rupees anymore.

I hate it when people dump on the game and forget it's got a reasonably well fleshed out and "realistic" ecosystem going on. So many kinds of fucking fauna. It's great, it's part of why the world feels so good. They could stand to cut down on all the herons though, they're way too common.

Zelda is very cute.

>Pretty much 90% of NPCs In BotW

You can Z target wolves. What are you talking about?

No you can't. Can't z-target bears either. You can only z-target shit that's in the "monsters" category of the compendium.

>>Gorons in Gerudo near the palace
What did he mean by this

Can someone explain why my horse makes sharp turns into any wall i'm next to.