What's the purpose of GMC?

What's the purpose of GMC?

Originally, to sell trucks at Pontiac dealerships.

They're the redundancy department of redundancy.

in all seriousness, they're supposed to be the luxury versions of whatever Chevy BS they offer

Holy fuck that vehicle is ugly as shit

>GM killed Pontiac
>and Oldsmobile
>and Saturn
>but not these straight-up SUV and truck rebadges
REEEEEE

They're not even building medium duty trucks anymore, they're just Chevy rebadges.

This isn't one, but they must be pulling some kind of profit since GM kept them around

Why not simply fucking add a luxury trim to Chevy then? Worked for Ford, their Ranch Sauce trim immediately sold like hotcakes after the commercial disappointment of their Lincoln trucks.

Chevy does that too. There's the High Country trim levels on the Silverado, and LTZ trims on the CUVs.

As I said. GMC is the redundancy department of redundancy.

Even as a GM whore, I see no reason for them to exist.

Kill off GMC. No one will care.

Town car/SUV manufacturer.

>Town car
Show me ANY car made by GMC. They're all CUVs, SUVs, and trucks.

I got GMC mixed up with Buick. My bad

GMC exists? wew

Up until a few years ago they offered 10yr/100,000 mile powertrsin warranties to sell themselves as the most reliable American truck brand. That didn't work, so they stopped and now they're the exact same as Chevy.

They still make up the majority of GM heavy-duty truck sales (including commercial vehicles) tho IIRC.

To be a chevy with less plastic. Also supposedly the build quality is a little better, idk.

>What's the purpose of GMC?
I have no idea.

I said this in another thread an i'll say it again, they are essentially just rebranded Chevy crossovers and trucks but with a fancy Caddy-esque look to them. The only thing that seems prominent about the brand to me is their Denalis, their top of the line trim. Basically you get the same thing from a Chevy's interior, and some features you would expect in a Cadillac, that being mag ride, a fancy instrument cluster and apparently more torque than a Chevy truck.. that is if you got a GMC Denali Truck, oh and different styling for the exterior of course.

Take that and make it a trim for Chevy's vehicles, i'm pretty sure that would damage GMC in a way since that kinda like you taking away part of their heart.

doesnt the US govt tend to buy GMC SUV's for fleet units?

Mostly cadillac escalades, GMC YUKONS, Chevy suburbans/tahoes

1. Company cars for desk jockeys
2. Women

GMC has sustained all these years, because it started out as a way skirt specific franchise laws and give Buick/Pontiac/Cadillac dealers high margin trucks and SUVs to sell. Today it is still easy money for GM to keep around as some truck buyers would never buy a Chevy, but will gladly buy a GMC for "reasons". I personally think GM could take this brand further, but we all know they are incapable of utilizing and running their brands...

>What's the purpose of GMC?
Profitable trucks for Cadillac/Buick dealers without their having to purchase a Chevrolet franchise.

Honestly, Chevrolet trucks should be the ones to go away and GMC trucks be supplied to all GM dealers but they're afraid of losing the muh chebby buyers.

The GMC Jimmy is probably the best looking vehicle ever made