Bestigor edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

old thread

Kill all chaos shitters.

TRUE KING OF EIGHT PEAKS

Kill yourself instead.

Do not talk to the tripfag

Ded general, need March 31st

For the fag having trouble with VC when playing as empire.
Right so I usually fight the undead around the early mid game. I'll take a couple of mortars and a cannon. Halbrediers, swordsmen, crossbows and some knights preferably reiksguard. Also a couple units of flagellants.

Chances are you'll be doing this bit with Franz or your LL so even better. Especially if it's Franz on his flying rapebird.

First things first. Shoot the fuck out of them. Target whatever you don't want to fight and shoot it until it dies.

Try to anticipate which of their units is going where. Get rid of dogs and bats first at all costs. Then I try to weaken their lord with crossbow fire before the armies meet.

Let them charge you (you have the skill that negates charge bonuses right?) Try to pair up good matches.

Use Franz + reiksguard to charge one unit on one flank in the arse and cycle until it dies. Meanwhile as their dogs and bats are all dead (right?) Move your ranged round behind them and start shooting. Remember you can target large models in melee and not worry about FF so much.

If their lord isn't legendary then use Franz to snipe him. If it's a skilled up Vlad, shoot him first.

The crumbling mechanic is useful but think of it like wavering on a normal unit. If you see something is crumbling do exactly what you would do to break a unit (I.e. cavalry charge it).

If you have a wizard with the lore of light (why don't you?) Use it. Laugh.

If you're still here user, tell us your army comps and we'll see if we can help.

Kislev is rightful ________ clay.

Thanks dude, really appreciate it.
Like I said, my army comps suck - exclusively swordsmen, spearmen, a few crossbows and free militia company.

Granted, they're all buffed up with Honest Steel and the charge negation bonus, etc, but it seems I fucked up by not upgrading.

I have no idea how you could field "a couple of mortars and a canon", along with cavalry in the early mid game. I'm turn 60ish and I barely finally got a gunsmith going.

Guess I focused too much on economy / expansion?

Also, how to use Franz to snipe enemy LL's? I see lots of people talk about this, but Franz seems to suck to be honest. For example I put him on Manfred during the battle and he was clearly losing the fight. I've even had him fall in battle against Beastmen before, he seems pretty squishy and weak to be honest.

No wizard of light either. I suck.

What the fuck are you doing to have struggled to get a gunsmith by turn 60? Have you even taken Marienburg? Maybe you should start posting some pictures of your Empire and how you leveled Franz.

>Want to play warhammer
>think about how much better the game will be with the 4 extra races coming in the expansion
>lose desire to play warhammer

Shut down all production of the Spandau.

to add on to this, I do something similar to this user - shooting shit like crypt horrors/varghulfs/vargheists w/ xbows to kill them quickly and using cannons to damage whatever cav they have. A good way to assist your infantry vs large amounts of zombies/skeletons is to have a mortar far enough behind you line so that the minimum range is just in front of your troops - this will allow you to target large enemy blobs with alt + right click, and since you are firing at such short range the mortars will be pinpoint accurate (so accurate that if you don't change their target they will be hitting the empty "craters" in enemy formations caused by previous volleys). Light wizard is a must have for netting stray fliers/doggos and the leadership debuff

franz needs deathclaw to become the bamf he is meant to be. As for army comps basic state troops are fine when buffed

A good point! I didnt think anyone would remember so i thought I would ask again

Bingo bango bongo Rheims is ours so now we end-game lads

Yes I took Marienburg recently, I'm making 5k a turn now so I have finally gotten around to putting up buildings like gunsmith, reiksfort, etc. Empire buildings are staggeringly expensive.

Here is my Empire, Franz for some reason is leveling really slowly through battles - he is currently only lvl 10 or 11. I have him on the pegasus currently, he has a few points in blue, maxed out the armor in yellow, and am currently working on red stuff.

I enjoyed your shitty campaign enough to remember it.
My own shitty campaign that I tried to post struggled for 50 fucking turns, got nowhere, and resulted in more german casualties in north africa than during the entirety of operation desert fox
I'm gonna try again one of those days and stream it for you guys, I promise

>Empire buildings are staggeringly expensive.

Be sure to drop a wizard in developing provinces if you can to get the -15% discount on all buildings.

SHUT IT DOWN

Taking Marienburg should be the first thing you do after conquering Reikland. If you have a Castellan in Altdorf and deploy a wizard with the first blue upgrade you can save tremendous amounts of money on construction. I have no idea how you're at turn 60 with a level 10 Franz, you must be barely fighting battles.

You don't suck but your floppy hat fu is weak.

I'd suggest as follows though I'm sure other anons might say different

>Franz sucks
I'd beg to differ but make sure when he's fighting an enemy general that you watch him and make sure he's thumping the enemy general. He will (if left to his own devices) Try to kill everyone near him, spreading his damage out. Keep clicking attack on that bloodsucker. If it seems he's losing bad don't be shy to run him away. Sometimes tying Vlad up with a unit of flagellants and killing everything else is the best thing.

>no big guns.
You have regiments of renown I assume because you've got FC. Get that cannon and that rocket launcher. I usually also manage to pinch some mortars by the time I've gotten over to the undead but don't worry if you don't. Building them I try to do from Nuln and spec reikland for cavalry. If you're starting with Franz then you must by now already have one incredibly experienced unit of reiksguard. I try to build a reiksfort in helmgart as well as a wall in case the French get any funny ideas. Anyway just use Zintlers if you're having trouble.

Key points vs VC
1. Kill the fast shit
2. Tie up and if possible kill their lord fast and anything that buffs shit like corpse carts.
3. With your hammer stuff try to concentrate on one unit at a time until it crumbles and dies then keep folding your line around them.

If you ever find a potion of healing make sure Franz gets it. It makes him a bit silly.

You should get a free wizard as well from quests and stuff no?

Also make sure if you've found any cool swords and what have you that they are equipped.

Be aware also that characters (priests etc) have a flat -2 chaos/undead corruption thing. You'll probably need two armies one in east and west sylvanniafor a good while until they stop rebelling every few turns. I'd recommend building sigmar temples in those provinces ASAP.

I know this feel

happens with every fucking DLC as well.

Leaves fall in autumn
like Clan Ito upon our blades
they are punk bitches

Just started my first Shogun 2 campaign as Clan Shimazu after binging on Kurosawa. This is a nice fucking game, though the lack of alt-dragging your units is very grating.

I want to wife one so bad :c

wat do

iktf too but whatever the next thing coming is it's going to take so long it's not even worth bothering about it right now.

We continue to bully the "Bretons" in "Little Britain" which is soon to become part of "Bigger Britain"

I bet itd be shitty if u streamed but i'd do lots of watching my lad

You know one way or another she's going to penetrate you user?

If the trailer for the expansion really is coming at the event at the end of this month I would like to see that first before continuing doing campaigns, just so I know what's coming up

Why does the AI do this? How can this be a good idea

Best fetish elves.
Poncy elves.
Based lizards.
Plebbit rodents.

G O B L I N S

I've always wondered. Are you the same autist who posts rock the boat and dominated by a best elf, or is there a little team of you with one weak meme each?

no dude he's winning see the balance of power its hopeless

>CA reveals the first expansion to be to be tomb kings, ogre kingdoms, chaos dwarfs, and skaven with araby as a pre-order bonus similar to chaos

what would the reaction be?

>tomb kangz right from the get go

I'd be hype but there is no fucking way they will go with it.

in a best case for release it would be skaven, high and dark elves with lizards and a slight expansion south to add in araby and tomb kangz later.

>Geoffrey the Lewd
oh hello

Trailer will have a Chaos Dwarf getting picked up and eaten by an Ogre, who is then struck down by one of those big Tomb Kings monsters, then sniped by a Skavenschutzen! Then it'll fade to black and a the sounds of horses and the words "war has changed" will float to the screen

Incredible joy within the cholesterol logged heart of this salty neckbeard.

Leddit would melt down.
That one weird fag on the CA forums who shoehorns Araby into every discussion would probably have an aneurysm.

The heresy of Hadrian is no more.

are their any more of these memes for TW:WH or TW in general or is this the only one?

There would be a lot of screeching from the elf players but who cares about them
The only race I'd actually miss would be the lizardmen

Ok not gonna lie, was a much better idea than it seemed at first glance. Those foot-soldier general's bodyguards are fucking tanks

/twg/ I just woke up from a dream where a Witch Elf was straddling me. At the point of orgasm she plunged a knife into my chest and showed me my beating heart even as my balls emptied within her. Maybe she will bear me a half elf child? I woke up trembling and shaking. I've never been so freaked out and yet so turned on. I can still remember the sight of my own arterial blood spraying across those perfect tits as it all went black.
I'm worried guys. This has been playing on my mind. Do you think Reiksguard could use a buff? Something more to distinguish them from empire knights?

sorry memelet. that is a general purpose meme and its relatively fresh

nothing to do with warhammer or total war specifically

Hahahaha i managed to kill all of Brittany's royal family in one battle hahaha

>from sexy murder during elf coitus to reiksguard buffs in one paragraph
Well. I'm not sure, but I'd like to see the empire's reliance on demigryphs challenged.

m8

Is...is there more?

no

G O B L I N S

This is the problem with gobbos. There's always one more of sneaky little fuckers than you expected.

What. I haven't even ventured into Europe yet.

Ok cool so as the Breton family fades away so do LOTS of their troops. I can waltz into Saint-Breiuc and take Quimper in a turn or two. I took Chalons in central France, so now I'm like 6 or 7 regions away from victory. Hoozah. Fuck the frogs

Goblin Dabbing

Alright so if you start a new game you should have conquered the Reikland by turn 5 and have a full or almost full army.

Then see if the Marienburg army is away or moves away in like 2 turns. If they don't, start over.
If their army turns around and attacks you after you've sieged their empty city then you'll have a decent fight but you should win this. Use your reiksguard or whatever cavalry you have and kill their mortar. Use your 4 or so crossbowmen to focus fire their Free Company Militia and use your own Free Company Militia (have 2) on the edges of your infantry line to murder thier pistoleirs.

During all of this you should be upgrading the cities as soon as you can with your population surplus. Build weaving houses or whatever the first level money building is called.
Make sure to build guardhouses in every, EVERY town, even your cities, just because you have walls already doesn't mean it has a good garrison. It's pretty bad, actually.

Sometimes the beastmen siege a city when they come. So the safe route is to have Franz turn around after taking Marienburg and not worrying about the other province yet. Kill beasties, do the quest, then take the last settlement. Then it's up to you. You can turtle and confederate, or war and confederate

What's the original of this?

Also, in other news, fuck the Scots. These bastards have been roaming around Ireland for way too fucking long

text is pretty much the same

WHY ARE THE HILLS SKULLS? OH GOD I'VE BEEN PLAYING SINCE RELEASE AND I'VE ONLY JUST SEEN THIS

Charlemagne and his frankish fuccbois tried to siege konstanz, but I had a full stack there ready for them.

>25% of enemy kills came from exploding ammo from large memeagers

Since I hit the Imperium goal for the campaign, I'm ending it here - seeing as how this is a fitting battle and I'm getting tired of micro-ing horse archers every battle.

The AI has absolutely no idea how to deal with horse archers in age of charlemagne

>send horse archers towards enemy
>they send cav out to screen
>but they send it in diamond formation so it dies instantly to a couple of volleys
>repeat with other cav
>repeat with enemy general
>by now enemy infantry has marched into your spear/shield wall
>use horse archers to run down enemy archers
>any infantry that tries to support their archers gets shot in the back by up to 8 ranged units (4 tribesmen/4 foot archers)
>support infantry that is losing w/ tribesmen
>send shock cav around flanks, turn on fire at will/flaming/whistling
>wait for the arrows and then rear charge
>mop up the mass rout with your cav

Tribesmen are fun to use, one of my favorite units in attila since they are hybrid infantry that can actually do well in both of their roles, unlike hybrid skirmishers in the base game which can only survive in melee, not thrive. I didn't use the noble archers/horse masters since most of the enemy cav I was up against was light/very light cav that would have been able to catch them

the papacy got relocated to saxony after I conquered rome

Are you going to spam this dog in every thread

Empirefags.
Don't forget to pick up route marcher.
Catching the assholes is half of it.

that's just how edgy warhammer is

Arrows soar through air / like blooded swallows in spring / this is my fort now

Just did my first siege in Shogun 2; killed their general with my bow ashigaru before I even assaulted it. Did not realise your warriors actually scale the walls or that breaching the gates was equivalent to putting them on fire. I think I'll really enjoy this game.

It's the best in the series. Have fun, user!

>fuckthescots.jpg

The last family member got away and has 1 member left in his retinue. One more turn to drop these kiltfags, how fucking annoying.

What are Sisters of the Thorn for?

dickbag cavalry
lore of life (?) spells that dont cost any winds of magic

For the removal of lesser races.

Is there a way to bring one unit without a lord in custom games in Warhammer?

>discount Maldred von Carstein's wind of death during silver seal battle
>dealt 3 - 4000 damage to a single unit of great swords
ohh boy, it killed none of them but half their health wiped in a single spell, is this why he's like the most expensive LL when fully decked out?

Women are inferior to men.

There's a mod for it I believe

Wind of Death generally destroys a lot of infantry anyway.
Mannfred's only that expensive because he gets a dragon and he's the only lord in the game who can get two lores of magic at once, take that off and he's not that much more expensive. Still dies like a chump in melee to a lot of the dedicated melee lords.

Bound spells that have no resource cost so you can just keep using them on cooldown throughout the entire battle whilst you cycle charge and/or skirmish.

Why are Slayer unit sizes so big? Isn't one Slayer able to solo a troll by itself?

So I missed the humble sale because I'm a retard but I'm contemplating getting Warhammer now.

Which DLC is worth it, if any?

Blood and Gore, the two Lord packs, and the Beastemes.

Get all the FLC too

>tfw I only bought beastmemes during the sale to get Boris
Feels good, man

Steam has Warhams for 50% off

That is where I am buying it

Everything except Chaos is good if you don't like multiplayer. If you like multiplayer, it's all good.

Best value is King and Warlord.

So let me get this straight

This armor makes my guy harder to hit by... sox, whatever that means.

It also flat out reduces any physical damage he takes by 16 percent and reduces magical damage to him by 8 percent?

SCOTS PLEASE LEAVE
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING

All types of damage (physical magical fire melee ranged etc) reduced by 8%, physical damage reduced by further 8%

16% physical damage reduction, 8% magic and ranged damage reduction.

Well, this happened. I'd love 14k but also fuck the fucking Scots.

or do i take the money ;_;

How much will you lose reinforcing armies and fighting the next stack of scotts to come down?

chivalourlous af

How does armor value work? Is it just a straight up damage reduction or does armor grant vulnerabilities against certain types of attack? Is there a point where armor is no longer needed? My steam tanks sit at 185 armor and sat in the middle of a greenskin horde for some 10 minutes only to lose 10% of their total HP. I know there's a limit to the amount of AP greenskins, but hot damn these things feel beastly.

OH, you modders. This is the rare "Noble Swordsman" unit. Brittany will soon be ours, assault coming soon.

Less than 14k easy, and its not like the Scots would be getting a huge amount of troops back from this massive ransom. (I already ransomed it, he got 6 retinue members and 7 heavy inf)

The problem is the Scots are in Wales but i literally have no idea
>Where
>How many

Luckily I have a castle there to build an army, but I fucking hate these Scottish events.

Is Helman Ghorst worth using in the grand campaign or is he as boring as he seems. Shoulda given all his shit to Kemmler and moved him to Mousillon.

>take karak eight peaks as Belegar
>Dwarfs faction has already steamrolled and taken the rest of the land around it
haha t-thanks guys!
should I of moved in for the kill sooner?

>technology.jpg

>want to play warhams
>waiting for expansion
>want to play stellaris
>waiting for expansion
>want to play factorio
>waiting for expansion
>want to play bannerlord
>waiting forever

Goodnight, lil brittos. We Breton now.

Armor is a set reduction to physical damage

Presumably it has diminishing returns, for sure there is no way to get 100% immunity to physical damage.

The other stat, melee defense, is the chance to completely block physical damage.

Guys, you recommend DEI for Rome 2 or Attila?

Have rome 2 but haven't got Attila yet. Never bothered modding Rome 2 due to how shit it was at release.