OFFICIAL WEEKLY FRIDAY NIGHT THREAD

[ F r i d a y N i g h t T h r e a d ] - /fnt/

Why are you sat at home alone on a Friday night?

Why aren't you out cruising with your bros or gf?

What are you car related plan for the weekend?

cars>gf am i rite fellers

Don't forget your waifu this weekend, pls.

Ausfag here

Went up the mountain last night and on the downhill got bad brake fade and had to pull over, lucky as fk because it started raining a lil and i have bald tyres, if i kept going id be goner. Need new brakes and tyres

>No meets and no friends
>GF is in CT and no bros to cruise with
>No weekend car plans just work
>I have both but yes car over gf
Northwest Florida sucks for roads and car meets nothing's ever going on.

>Why are you sat at home alone on a Friday night?
Because work once more.

>Why aren't you out cruising with your bros or gf?
Work, all my bros are in LA. >gf is in Scotland

>What are you car related plan for the weekend?
Fix the coolant level sensor leak, then sit my ass at home because the cops around here have it out for me or something. 2 tickets within 2 months, bullshit.

>Don't forget your waifu this weekend, pls.
Kk

Polishing my turbo and helping my friend fix his AC

Nice, you don't see that 80 grit finish every day, going for the Riddler award?

Removing the sand blasted finish and casting flashing first ya dummy

>got home from friends house about an hour ago, just finished a light workout, some yoga
>gf outta town
>switch winters over to summers on car, spot dab any winter rust on truck

life is good fellas, business is good, sippin on a ice cold corona n lime atm feel like wiping some snot on a bitch

>being one of those fags with a shiny engine bay
>not leaving a 5mm film of dust and oil on all your parts to prevent rust

>Why are you sat at home alone on a Friday night
No friends/gf
See first answer
>What are your car related plans for the weekend?
Fix my oil leak/brake issues that always try to kill me

>I have 3 roomies
>no fun roads around
>find an excuse to drive it
>I'll never have a gf
>my waifu isn't getting season 3

I'm tired and in a humourless mood

Because I'm a . I need to replace the oil housing gasket on my E90 this weekend since my driveway has enough oil to fill my car when the low oil light pops up every two weeks.

If you live in Gainesville, I can totally agree.

Hi bros. Just got back from a serious hoon in my mom's new GLC300. The break-in period of 1,500km was over and while approaching the ramp I decided to throw it into Sport+ mode.

What a machine. Something like 256hp 2.0L turbo inline-4, easily the most capable car I have ever driven. Flying down the highway and it effortlessly went from 60 to 160.

I pulled it back in the garage and my mother was pissed as fuck when she came out. The car was shut off, but after a serious hoon the onboard systems continue to whirr and buzz as the car cools down. She bitched me out but I ain't even mad because she was observant enough to notice that the exhaust was hot and the car was cooling off from a rip. Stoked to pick up my relatives from the airport tomorrow, a nice long drive where I can learn the capabilities of the machine and I can drive harder then my shitbox which I already push past its limits. Feels good my guy.

Just built my utility cart from harbor freight, only 3 wheels touch the ground at once despite putting it together as straight as possible and having a lot of experience assembling chinese crap. I assume it'll just work itself out when I load it down with 400lbs of tools and parts. With this I can stop using my fan shroud as a tool shelf and stop losing parts because they're the same color as all the other nearby surfaces.

Shit I gotta do:
>replace a rocker panel
>reinforce rusted unibody that crumpled a bit last time I jacked the car up
>replace rear brake shoes (drum)
>replace alternator because bearing is squealing
>install radio signal amplifier because my aftermarket antenna is short

All this is on my DD, but it's gonna rain for a solid week starting today, so I have to push my project out of the garage so I can weld indoors.

This and old people pulling out in front of you a couple times every drive.

I live in fort Walton, shit is cancer since every road is straight and the only corners are in neighborhoods
totally agree Florida drivers suck ass

>Been a while since I've visited these threads
>Things have actually been good, I might give the car a wash tomorrow and see what goes from there

>TW@ and PreludeGuy never post here
>threads haven't had any more than two dozen posts in years

Why do I keep making these?

>What happened?

>Prelude guy left?

>Why are you sat at home alone on a Friday night?
first day after finals are over. just relaxing with the gf

cruised around with gf and prepped a car for sale tomorrow.

>What are you car related plan for the weekend?
selling car and transmission tomorrow. I partially killed one of my car's batteries so I need to put that shit on the charger. maybe wash my car if i'm bored.

i drove down to ocala for a wedding. surprised to find a couple of hills with a limit of 65 and a lot of really thin 2 lane backroads.

there really isn't much else, though.

>tfw Friday night was yesterday
Anyways, we went on a late night cruise in the mountains after an afternoon of volleyball and golf.

>tfw some of my friends don't have a license
>tfw half of my friends don't own a car
>tfw none of us have a qt314 gf

Probably going to give my car a wash tomorrow, noticed a decent amount of dirt/dust on the sides and back.

I already been drinking so I can't go on a brooding lonely driver night drive on hwy 1 like I thought about doing this morning.

O H
W E L L

It's hard work my dudes

What's the point of polishing a turbo? Just for looks?