ITT cars only contrarians pretend to dislike

ITT cars only contrarians pretend to dislike

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YJGEHHMqQ94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Beat me to it.

I actually don't like it, though. I tend to believe people only like the F40 because it's popular, so people like it, so it gets more popular, so people like it, so it gets more popular ...

There is a reason they are popular in the first place.

What don't you like about it?

>Acura badge

I like all of these cars.

>That merc
Love the car, hate the fact that manuals are almost impossible to find.

Nobody dislikes this car, nor should they

>great styling and lovely NA V12
>so utterly dominant that no car surpassed it in either straight line or track speed for well over a decade
>so utterly dominant on the track that it was faster than cars in classes it didn't even participate in
>3 seats and more storage space than the vast majority of supercars, even making it a good daily

It has literally no faults

I dislike most cars, but still like some. I'll be the contrarian control, I suppose.

F40 is alright, but grossly overhyped. If people calmed down about it it might be more likable, but it's still a rolling NACA duct.

Don't like the C7, but don't necessarily hate it. I feel like Corvettes have been on a decline in design since the C5.

Hyperutilitarian with little else of interest. It's fine, but I imagine boring people like boring things.

I have literally never seen anyone, ironically or unironically, say they dislike the NSX. I will say it's not my favorite, which can be seen as a negative assault in some lights, I suppose.

Like the Jaguar, do not like the Mercedes.

I like the 240, but there are very few "custom" 240s that do it any justice or appeal at all.

The F1 is probably the only truly flawless car, not to sound like a samefag. If I had to be ultra nitpicky, I'd say the road car's rear end is stubby from a profile view, but that's such a minor niggle in an otherwise 99.89% perfect car.

this is a legitimately shit car though

This is cheating

How has this not been posted yet.

>>it was faster than cars in classes it didn't even participate in

This was mostly due to the prototypes of the 90s being slower than the Group C era it was trying to replace and the F1 itself had the highest top speed on the grid that year on a track known to feature the longest straight-lines in the world.

on more technical tracks it would get clobbered by cars like the CLK GTR (more of a pseudo prototype) never mind actual prototypes.

I tried to like it my dudes, but I just cant deal with the back end and the tail lights. Whats with the plastic droopy shit? Fuckingwhy?

Really is true. There's a lot of miata hate going around but realistically those people either haven't driven one or are seven feet tall. Pure fun, not a lot of nonsense, just the right amount of gay

Oh and people who get in highway collisions. Not the best choice when battling semi trucks, or so I've heard

Easily the best hot hatch of the last 5 years

what the actual fuck are you on right now?

its easy to like and dislike shit you havent driven

>VANOS
>english hands built it
>good daily
>no faults

Shut up fag.

???

you got performance exceeding fost and gti for a price less than fist

>This was mostly due to the prototypes of the 90s being slower than the Group C era it was trying to replace and the F1 itself had the highest top speed on the grid that year on a track known to feature the longest straight-lines in the world.

what did he mean by this?

>English hands built it
>No fault
Can you even get insurance for that?

Make me.

youtube.com/watch?v=YJGEHHMqQ94

The way I see it, if I don't even like looking at it, what makes me think I'll be interested in digging any further?

;

He dislikes it because liking it is common opinion and doesnt make him a special snowflake

It doesn't appeal to me. I don't hate it, but I can't compare it to any car in a normal discussion because it eventually devolves into "nothing compares to the F40."

As far as the special snowflake comment, I don't care, but I do see most people who like the F40 as an entry into a hugbox since they think no one is bold enough to say they don't absolutely love it.

I've never liked this piece of shit. fuck off.

>no supra

This, 100%.

MEME CAR
E
M
E

C
A
R

Pretty meme, m8.

t. contrarian

nah I unironically don't like the design, reminds me of an obese FD.

t. conformist

>obese
Yet it's smaller than a BRZ86.

yeah well that's like saying a hippo is heavier than your mum

MK4s are so boaty looking. IIRC most people prefer the MK3.

IIRC Veeky Forums is an echo chamber of contrarian opinions

I don't like the F40 because the F50 is better

This

This.

The 288GTO is better.

MK4 is best Supra. The MK3 looks like 80s boxy shit.

These

all of these

prefer DoHC
dislike design
dislike fanbase

tried to like it, just can't

>The MK3 looks like 80s boxy shit.
because it is boxy shit

What's wrong with people listening to Boston?

f50 looks like a dolphin

If you were attempting to mimic what a living example of a contrarian would sound like, then well done.

Is that a bad thing?

you look like a dolphin nigga

Seriously just kill yourself you fucking piece of shit. Pontiac is dead for a reason.

Maybe a dolphin that fucks your moms asshole

BMW fanboy here but dat dere Supra booty is delicious.

I take opiates every day, fuck the police.

It's shit.
It's not contrarian to expect value for money.
That car is not worth 6 figures.
Autists will never get this.

>double-digit IQ tripfag doesn't understand how markets work
yawn

>single-digit IQ user thinking the f40 is worth millions for its performance

hoarders with money ladies and gentleman

caprice on the street: legal to drive
f1 car on the street: impounded

No matter how hard you try, you're pointless f1 cars will never impress America.

This, everyone loves the E30 M3

Talk about being contrarian....

I don't really like the design of the supra but I do appreciate the fact that it's an easy platform to make stupid power with.

>dislike fanbase
It's probably the least insufferable fanbase. In fact the only reason I like is because it's haters are such sycophants.

If that makes me a contrarian, so be it. I just don't care about that car.

The F50 is one of my favorite cars. I don't like it to spite other people, I like it to please myself; it pleases me.

I'm the opposite. I don't drool over the "muh mad potential" of the car, even though that's not a bad thing, but that design is gorgeous. I don't irrationally hate anyone who disagrees with me, but I will say I have a hard time understanding where people are coming from when they outright say it's "an ugly design." Though I can understand if someone's otherwise indifferent to it.

Who dislikes the Yellowbird?

I've driven and worked on both, I much prefer the F50. It's just as raw, has an NA V12, gearbox feels better, has an actual race bred engine unlike all the other Ferrari supercars which use ones adapted from street cars, and has really nice access to everything both to work on and gawk at, opposite of the F40. The engine as a stressed member is still super crazy for it's time, other than the carbon tub the F40 didn't really have anything that crazy about the engineering, and there are tons of cars these days with the same setup of carbon main tub with tubular steel rear subframe, while nobody has done anything like the F50s design for a street car. Also, at the end of the day, what do people actually do with either car? Either look at it in their garage, or take it out for the EXTREMELY rare weekend drive or to a show. The F50 is much better to stare at once you get past the ugly body shape, and is much nicer to drive while still being able to make you shit your pants if you give it full throttle.

> but that design is gorgeous. I don't irrationally hate anyone who disagrees with me, but I will say I have a hard time understanding where people are coming from when they outright say it's "an ugly design.

Overall I dislike most 90's design. I don't like the massively rounded panels because it's an easy way to omit detail while covering a large span. I don't hate the Supra, I just don't really think much about it at all. Same goes with the RX7. They're too bubbly and round in my opinion. I think the R34 nailed it though. It has some 90's attributes, but still has a lot of detail and nuances.

>you're pointless f1 cars

>you're pointless f1 cars will never impress america because not street legal

and yet nascars and indycars impress americans

80s boxy shit is A E S T H E T I C

Well thank you for actually explaining your reasoning, I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone do that beyond "lmao its jus ugly mah dude." It does help me understand the other viewpoint.

There definitely seems to be a dichotomy of tastes between round and curvy design versus straight and sharp. Usually if you prefer one design philosophy, the other turns you off. With exceptions, of course.

In this case, the FD and A80 both apply a curvaceous concept, whereas the R34 incorporates harder angles and is generally boxier and more rigid and absolute with its body lines. Though in this particular case with you mentioning 90s design, it's worth pointing out that the R34 only existed one year in the 90s; 1999. The rest were in the 2000s, so it could be considered a Y2K design. The R33 is more 90s, as well the R32 is more representative of the 80s.

>Though in this particular case with you mentioning 90s design, it's worth pointing out that the R34 only existed one year in the 90s; 1999. The rest were in the 2000s, so it could be considered a Y2K design. The R33 is more 90s, as well the R32 is more representative of the 80s.

Design trends carry over between decades though, it's not an abrupt change of design as soon as the next decade begins. When I think of a given era's styling, it's from a few years into that decade, followed by a few years after. Look at cars in the early 80's for example. The entire 3rd gen bronco looks like it's still from the 70's. 1982 Ex: 80's cars really don't have their styling until 1983 and the designs carry over well into the 90's.

Nascar is more of an event based on real cars. Getting wasted while watching cars drive bumper to bumper at 200mph in anticipation of a wreck is fun. Not my cup of tea personally, but i get it.

>Nascar is more of an event based on real cars

nascar does not share engines or the body of a real car

about the only thing it shares is the fact that its general shape is the same as a real car

...which makes them based on real cars timmy.

like an f1 car yeah

a 1.6L turbo like many regular cars has

4 wheels like many regular cars have

a rear engined layout like quite a few sports cars have

theres nothing that makes the f1 and nascar the same as a regular street car at all

Nascars are designed to look like and represent a car that a manufacturer make. f1 cars are stupid.

I've never seen anyone dislike this, stop phishing for likes.